shape
carat
color
clarity

A VC halo of pink diamonds for my holy grail

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm obsessed, this is SO BEAUTIFUL. Do you wear it every day? Do you do anything or just stare at it all day?? Because I would get nothing done and stare at it all day! I LOVE the facets, I hope mine comes out even a little close to this!

I do wear it every single day! I've been known to run into things and people on hikes in the woods or at Costco while staring at it. :lol: I'm excited to see your re-cut!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim, I am wondering after recutting, how much of diamond weight has gone down?

I lost almost no spread and only 0.09ct, but my diamond had extra depth to begin with.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been remiss in starting a thread for my HFG.

I love old cuts, but I also love high color, high clarity, and precision cutting. I turned to LGDs in order to get everything I wanted under budget. She's my holy grail, a custom re-cut (from an MRB) transitional 4.3ct diamond. She performs amazingly and is such a fireball.

She was initially in a solitaire, but I found that diamonds look smaller on my hands compared to others with the same finger size. I have always loved the Emilya, and I pored over many photos of other PSers' Emilyas with OECs. I also adore pink diamonds, so what better to do than to meld the two? The halo is in 18K rose gold; the stems and shank are in platinum. I decided on a plain shank for the stacking opportunities and so that it would still feel like a solitaire. I can't get over how perfect the Emilya is—there's so little metal, all I see is diamonds.

Months later, and I still can't stop staring at her. I feel so lucky that she's mine. 2020 and 2021 were hard years for me personally, and every time I look down she brightens my day.

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

How did I miss this!!! BREATHTAKING! I don't have time to read over the posts but I will do so later!! WOW, WOW, WOOOW!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
I have to say this is one of my absolute favorite diamonds and settings!! I absolutely LOVE it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this!!! BREATHTAKING! I don't have time to read over the posts but I will do so later!! WOW, WOW, WOOOW!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Your pictures are stunning too!! Oh Dear Lordt! *FAINTS*

Thank you very much, cushioncutnut, your second post gave me a good chuckle! I'm smiling from ear to ear. So glad you found your beautiful upgrade as well!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some new-ish photos. :))

French-cut-stack.jpg

French-cut-stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-17.jpg

pink-halo-18.jpg

pink-halo-16.jpg

Drop dead gorgeous! I love everything about your fabulous diamond ring. The main diamond (perfection) the pink diamond melee and the metal work. And a Carre cut diamond band to pair it with! I'm over the moon in love.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it!!! Did you see the LT posting for the rose gold Leon Mege band with pink diamonds?!? You NEED it!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning and lots of it.

Thanks, Ibrakeforpossums! :wavey:

Drop dead gorgeous! I love everything about your fabulous diamond ring. The main diamond (perfection) the pink diamond melee and the metal work. And a Carre cut diamond band to pair it with! I'm over the moon in love.

Thanks so much, Lisa Loves Shiny! I adore the cut on your new OEC! :love:

I LOVE it!!! Did you see the LT posting for the rose gold Leon Mege band with pink diamonds?!? You NEED it!!

Thank you, lavenderdragonfly23! And thanks for alerting me to the LT posting. A natural pink diamond band has been on my wishlist for so long. The only thing I'm hesitating on is the width—those bands are pretty tiny.

Honestly you may have converted me to LGDs lol. I want this exact diamond. Would you kill me if I ever copied it and commissioned a twin? It’s perfection!

Not at all—that would be a high compliment! Please share your journey if you decide to go this route!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
That diamond is beautiful, spectacular!!! If you are comfortable, do you mind sharing who cut it for you? Just amazing it was once a mrb!

I love that the gorgeous diamond is the "star of the show". The setting is the perfect frame for that diamond. It enhances it's beauty without taking anything away from the diamond.

I wouldn't get a darn thing done, just sit and stare and that beauty all day long!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy facets!! So so so pretty :kiss2:

Thank you so much, oldcutclubmember! You own some of my favorite stones and pieces on PS!

Wow! It's stunning. I love the facets

Thanks, MamaBear! I do get lost in the faceting all the time. Hope you're still enjoying your beautiful ACA!

That diamond is beautiful, spectacular!!! If you are comfortable, do you mind sharing who cut it for you? Just amazing it was once a mrb!

I love that the gorgeous diamond is the "star of the show". The setting is the perfect frame for that diamond. It enhances it's beauty without taking anything away from the diamond.

I wouldn't get a darn thing done, just sit and stare and that beauty all day long!!!

Thanks very much, Patty! Southwest Diamond Cutters in Dallas did the re-cut. They've worked on a number of PSers' stones, many in the LGD forum. Both SDW and VC did such beautiful work on this. I definitely spend an inordinate amount of time staring at it, but I know I'm in good company here, lol. Looking forward to seeing your new LGD!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! I have seen some beautiful diamonds that Pricescopers have had cut by them. We will see if I stay with a MRB or if I go the transitional route. You make it very hard to say no to a recut!!! Thank you for sharing that with me, your diamond is just dreamy…

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N - can you share the cert for the MRB when you bought? Curious to know what the specs are in case I hunt

Here you go! I wanted to find a stone with a table and crown angle I was happy with, and with extra pavilion depth. It ended up being a primarily pavilion-only recut. I think if I were searching now, I'd try to find closer to a 41° pavilion just to give the cutter more room to work with.

before-recut.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Here you go! I wanted to find a stone with a table and crown angle I was happy with, and with extra pavilion depth. It ended up being a primarily pavilion-only recut. I think if I were searching now, I'd try to find closer to a 41° pavilion just to give the cutter more room to work with.

before-recut.jpg

Thank you so much!!!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning. Enjoy wearing it!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N - Do you mind sharing your ring size? Also the melee size?

I’m wondering what equivalent size I’d need to get that sort of finger coverage. It’s the ratio of melee to center stone that makes your ring so breathtaking. Love the new photos!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning. Enjoy wearing it!

Thanks so much, momofive! I'm envious of your gorgeous JP stones and hope to own one some day!

@Kim N - Do you mind sharing your ring size? Also the melee size?

I’m wondering what equivalent size I’d need to get that sort of finger coverage. It’s the ratio of melee to center stone that makes your ring so breathtaking. Love the new photos!

Thank you, 0515vision! I wear a 6, and the melee are roughly 0.01ct each. You're so lucky to have a ring with JP Decagon melee. I don't know how small they come in, but wouldn't it be awesome to have a halo of Decagon melee? Imagine the fire!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Some new-ish photos. :))

pink-halo-16.jpg

Your photos are spectacular, of a fabulous diamond, and ring. This one (above), in particular, caused me to gasp with delight! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: I would not be adverse to seeing this every day. :kiss2: :D

I am an absolute non-math person. I have zero skills in that department. My brain/mind goes to mush when I see numbers, which is why I love following your and @DejaWiz's comments in all the "help me find..." diamond threads.

In the time since you first posted this, I've been casually attempting to learn more about diamond numbers and the effects of those numbers on performance (or is it vice versa?), and basically get a brain cramp on the regular. This gorgeous recut of yours has me so fascinated! Did you ask for the specific numbers for the recut, or did the cutters decide what would work best?

Regardless, I'm dipping my toes into learning more, and I remain smitten with your project!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N - I want to take a moment to show my absolute appreciation and admiration for the atmosphere you cultivate here on PS. You've responded to everyone with a personal touch which is remarkable on an online platform. It's so easy to reduce the posts to an avatars and alphanumeric handles. Instead, you've noticed people's lives through their posts. I've been on here just a short time and was so touched that you remarked on my ring.

Many of us know that you've been through a lot this year. I'm sure I write for many when I say that we hope you are in both good health and good hands.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your photos are spectacular, of a fabulous diamond, and ring. This one (above), in particular, caused me to gasp with delight! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: I would not be adverse to seeing this every day. :kiss2: :D

I am an absolute non-math person. I have zero skills in that department. My brain/mind goes to mush when I see numbers, which is why I love following your and @DejaWiz's comments in all the "help me find..." diamond threads.

In the time since you first posted this, I've been casually attempting to learn more about diamond numbers and the effects of those numbers on performance (or is it vice versa?), and basically get a brain cramp on the regular. This gorgeous recut of yours has me so fascinated! Did you ask for the specific numbers for the recut, or did the cutters decide what would work best?

Regardless, I'm dipping my toes into learning more, and I remain smitten with your project!

Thank you so much, SparklieBug!!

The numbers don't tell the whole story. They're only averages, and you can have a stone with ideal numbers that still leaks light. The numbers, in combination with how precisely cut the diamond is, determine how well the diamond will perform. I did have specific numbers in mind for the recut, so I ran the diamond by the cutter for input before buying it. Recutting comes with risk and sometimes unexpected challenges, though, so if there's already a diamond out there with the perfect cut for you, I would just buy one off-the-shelf.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N - I want to take a moment to show my absolute appreciation and admiration for the atmosphere you cultivate here on PS. You've responded to everyone with a personal touch which is remarkable on an online platform. It's so easy to reduce the posts to an avatars and alphanumeric handles. Instead, you've noticed people's lives through their posts. I've been on here just a short time and was so touched that you remarked on my ring.

Many of us know that you've been through a lot this year. I'm sure I write for many when I say that we hope you are in both good health and good hands.

0515vision, your post made me teary. Thank you for your incredibly sweet and kind words and for the good wishes. ❤️ I will say I'm one of the many, many people on PS who help contribute towards its atmosphere.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results