shape
carat
color
clarity

A VC halo of pink diamonds for my holy grail

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been remiss in starting a thread for my HFG.

I love old cuts, but I also love high color, high clarity, and precision cutting. I turned to LGDs in order to get everything I wanted under budget. She's my holy grail, a custom re-cut (from an MRB) transitional 4.3ct diamond. She performs amazingly and is such a fireball.

She was initially in a solitaire, but I found that diamonds look smaller on my hands compared to others with the same finger size. I have always loved the Emilya, and I pored over many photos of other PSers' Emilyas with OECs. I also adore pink diamonds, so what better to do than to meld the two? The halo is in 18K rose gold; the stems and shank are in platinum. I decided on a plain shank for the stacking opportunities and so that it would still feel like a solitaire. I can't get over how perfect the Emilya is—there's so little metal, all I see is diamonds.

Months later, and I still can't stop staring at her. I feel so lucky that she's mine. 2020 and 2021 were hard years for me personally, and every time I look down she brightens my day.

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. Um. o_O

And just when I think I've seen basically every version of Emilya that's been made - nope, I sure as heck have not!! A pink diamond halo for a custom (re)cut diamond, how incomparably luxe is that!?
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The pinks he used are lovely, they stand out really nicely against the white - did you request a specific shade of pink?

And oh, the stacking possibilities... Well, you obviously need at least one matching pink diamond band :bigsmile:

Wait just how long have you had this ring!? I'm trawling your posts right now :mrgreen:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Speechless! That is sheer perfection. What a perfect combination with the pink halo and that gorgeous center stone!!! Yummy!! :clap:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for making me unhappy with everything I own :bigsmile:
Seriously, congrats on getting your holy grail. It is gorgeous.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Diamond = forever
Holy Grail = immortality
Yep, checks out.
All I can say is WOW!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just magnificent, Kim!!! That stone's cut is AMAZING, and the setting is out-of-this-world gorgeous! I can't believe how beautiful those pink diamonds are in the halo!!! You did a great job choosing the stone and working with Victor to make this beautiful ring! I love it! :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw I also want to know who did that glorious recut. My favorite of all old cuts is the transitional. They look like perfect quilts to me when done right

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect. Perfection. Amazing. I understand why it's your holy grail :kiss2: :kiss2:

mrshermess

Rough_Rock

I love old cuts, but I also love high color, high clarity, and precision cutting. I turned to LGDs in order to get everything I wanted under budget. She's my holy grail, a custom re-cut (from an MRB) transitional 4.3ct diamond. She performs amazingly and is such a fireball.

She was initially in a solitaire, but I found that diamonds look smaller on my hands compared to others with the same finger size. I have always loved the Emilya, and I pored over many photos of other PSers' Emilyas with OECs. I also adore pink diamonds, so what better to do than to meld the two? The halo is in 18K rose gold; the stems and shank are in platinum. I decided on a plain shank for the stacking opportunities and so that it would still feel like a solitaire. I can't get over how perfect the Emilya is—there's so little metal, all I see is diamonds.

Months later, and I still can't stop staring at her. I feel so lucky that she's mine. 2020 and 2021 were hard years for me personally, and every time I look down she brightens my day.

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

Your ring is stunning! The pink and that beautiful rock are a match made in heaven. Simply stunning. Enjoy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one stunning ring, it brightens your day and probably everyone else in the room! :cool2:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Victor's work is so precise and beautiful. What a lovely ring!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg omg omg

Are the pink diamonds lab diamonds too??

Who re-cut it???

Where did you originally get the center diamond from??

I die! It’s INCREDIBLE

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

Oh wow, halos rarely turn my head but I love the pink melee!!! So pretty and delicate. The perfect color of pink too, and it totally suits the pastel flashes of your beautiful center!

how did you go about selecting the pink stones? I’m so curious! Did Victor source them?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really have no words for how utterly perfect this is :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. Um. o_O

And just when I think I've seen basically every version of Emilya that's been made - nope, I sure as heck have not!! A pink diamond halo for a custom (re)cut diamond, how incomparably luxe is that!?
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The pinks he used are lovely, they stand out really nicely against the white - did you request a specific shade of pink?

And oh, the stacking possibilities... Well, you obviously need at least one matching pink diamond band :bigsmile:

Wait just how long have you had this ring!? I'm trawling your posts right now :mrgreen:

Oh, you made me laugh, yssie! Yes, my stacking options sadly don't include a matching pink diamond band yet, so that's going to be added to the (now mile-long) wish list. I love the pinks he used. I didn't request any specific shade, but I did get to see them in person before ordering. I also looked at another vendor's pinks in person, and his were much more saturated and exactly the shade I liked. I forgot to mention in the OP that all the melee—pink and white—are natural.

Thank you, Mreader! You don't know how many times I've gone back to your thread to look at your stunning OEC. Those facets, the high crown, and that perfect setting... swoon!

Can you tell us more about how you bought a LGD and who was able to do the re-cut? This is just lovely and I'm drooling over here!
This is amazing! Yes, please tell, who did the re-cut? The whole ring is stunning!
Btw I also want to know who did that glorious recut. My favorite of all old cuts is the transitional. They look like perfect quilts to me when done right
Another whodunnit request. Off the charts beautiful! How is it in low light?
Omg omg omg

Are the pink diamonds lab diamonds too??

Who re-cut it???

Where did you originally get the center diamond from??

I die! It’s INCREDIBLE

Thank you all so much!! I've shared this on the forums before, but I worked with Southwest Diamond Cutters in Dallas. Ashley is very easy to communicate with, and he's re-cut a number of other PSers' stones. I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again.

She performs beautifully in low light, just as well as my previous stone which was a true antique OEC.

The pink (and white) melee are all natural.

O.M.G!! Thud. Please excuse me while I pick myself off the floor.

Thank you, HS4S_2! Can I just say that your AVR in the Casablanca is incredible, and you have the best stacks!

Wow! Speechless! That is sheer perfection. What a perfect combination with the pink halo and that gorgeous center stone!!! Yummy!! :clap:

Thank you so much, Slick1! Your posts always make me smile and are so uplifting!

Thank you for making me unhappy with everything I own :bigsmile:
Seriously, congrats on getting your holy grail. It is gorgeous.

Hahahaha, this made me and my husband (I had to read it to him) laugh out loud! Thank you, Matata! I really enjoyed seeing your new living and dining room transformations—so striking and chic!

Diamond = forever
Holy Grail = immortality
Yep, checks out.
All I can say is WOW!

Thanks so much, DejaWiz! And I can't tell you how much fun I've had looking for stones for other people on the forum with you!

This is just magnificent, Kim!!! That stone's cut is AMAZING, and the setting is out-of-this-world gorgeous! I can't believe how beautiful those pink diamonds are in the halo!!! You did a great job choosing the stone and working with Victor to make this beautiful ring! I love it! :kiss2:

Thanks very much, DS!! I so relate to what you've said about how it's like putting the stone in a beautiful evening gown! I feel like her beauty is enhanced by VC's setting. And it was actually your halo that inspired me to go with the cushion shape!

Gorgeous!!!

Thank you, CircularBrilliant! Your e-ring is one of my favorites on PS. I'm so glad you made a thread for her!

Wow wow wow is all I can say!

Thank you, lovedogs! Your new GSS is so beautiful! I can't wait to see how you set it.

Absolutely perfect. Perfection. Amazing. I understand why it's your holy grail :kiss2: :kiss2:

Thank you very much, Ally66! Did you ever decide on a pair of WF earrings?

Your ring is stunning! The pink and that beautiful rock are a match made in heaven. Simply stunning. Enjoy.

Thank you, mrshermess! I would love to see more photos of your gorgeous emerald cut sometime!

That is one stunning ring, it brightens your day and probably everyone else in the room! :cool2:

Thank you, YadaYadaYada! How've you been enjoying your beautiful new pink-tinted stone?

Victor's work is so precise and beautiful. What a lovely ring!

Thank you, springerspaniel! Yes, I considered a few other jewelers for this project but always came back to VC, and I'm so glad I did!

Drop dead gorgeous!!!

Thank you, Diamond Girl 21! ❤️

Oh wow, halos rarely turn my head but I love the pink melee!!! So pretty and delicate. The perfect color of pink too, and it totally suits the pastel flashes of your beautiful center!

how did you go about selecting the pink stones? I’m so curious! Did Victor source them?

Thank you, Cerulean! Victor already had the stones, so I got to see them before ordering. I love your new pieces so much, btw—your solitaire with the unicorn band is one of my favorite pairings.

I really have no words for how utterly perfect this is :kiss2:

Aww, thank you so much, that just makes my day, Dandi!

CaseySF

Rough_Rock

pink-halo-10.jpg

pink-halo-12.jpg

pink-halo-11.jpg

pink-halo-4.jpg

pink-halo-9.jpg

pink-halo-1.jpg

halo-comparison-2.jpg

stack-2.jpg

pink-halo-7.jpg

pink-halo-8.jpg

It's a masterpiece!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
This is truly one of the most beautiful rings I’ve ever seen. Everything about it - the cut, the shade of pink, the rose gold - is just perfect! :kiss2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!! Your ring is gorgeous , literally took my breath away, I had to show my DH…hint hint..:lol:
Its stunning! :kiss2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Mouth-watering deliciously delish. It like a kaleidoscope of colour on your hand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous. So feminine and sophisticated. LOVE.
Wear in good health and pinkalicious blingy joy @Kim N :appl:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Spectacular! That is one of the most beautiful halos I’ve ever seen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results