shape
carat
color
clarity

A sparkly doo-dad to use up my spare OECs.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh @mrs-b I’m beyond sorry that your prognosis is so scary. I have everything crossed that your surgery is successful and you’re not too freaked out in the interim

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @AV_ , @luv2sparkle, @junebug17, @Lookinagain, @TweetyBird23, @lorrissey, @D&T and @foxinsox - both for the love for my little doo-dad, and also for the kind wishes. It would be pointless and disingenuous to say I wasn't scared; I am. But I'm optimistic for where I'll be 12 months from now, and I believe in a God who loves us, so I'm going to try to relax and just go for this very bumpy ride, believing that I can cope, both with the journey, and also with the destination, wherever that might be.

Most difficult of all is that I won't find what stage cancer I have till after the surgery, and that's a hard pill to swallow. But for once I'm not in charge, so maybe that's a good lesson to learn.

In the meantime, I've got a few projects going with DKJ, and they make wonderful distractions. Having been through a cardiac ablation, hyperthyroidism, shingles, a biopsy under general anaesthetic and now cancer in the last 3 months, Amy has been a God-send. Occasionally she'll fast track a project of mine, and ship it to me with the words "I thought you needed something sparkly." You've gotta love true friends.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty @mrs-b! Hope you are well.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love the modification to your bracelet. Now that sparkler is always facing up! You are going to make it through this, sparkling and strong.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you wishes for healing, @mrs-b . I love the idea of sparkling and strong from @bling_dream19 , you need a t-shirt with that slogan :kiss2: ((hugs))

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to make this thread about my health, so let me just quickly say, the diagnosis wasn't great, but the long term prognosis is excellent and the treatment straight forward.

I'm late to this but very sorry about the diagnosis but very glad the prognosis is good! I'm hopeful your surgery goes well and the recovery is routine.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the tweak of your new bracelet! I would be worried about you hitting it on things like my charm bracelet does..It’s such a great idea. I love how your mind works! It’s so pretty!
@mrs-b I have your surgery date in my calendar so I can remember to pray the night before for you and your surgeon. I hope you have better news than you expect and your recovery is smooth...<3

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @SimoneDi - I'm hanging in there. :wavey:

Thank you, @bling_dream19 - sparkling and strong sounds awesome! :))

@bludiva - I am seriously thinking about a t-shirt with that on it!! :mrgreen:

@Catmom - I'll have a better picture where I am after the surgery, which will tell me which stage I am. My tumor is grade 1, tho, so that part of it is excellent.

@Mamabean - thank you SO much. Prayer is everything. And I, also, love the tweak to my bracelet. It's such a happy, elegant little thing - I really like it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Love that sparkly ring. I can see why you gets lots of wear out of it and it goes with everything -- both beautiful AND practical, a wonderful combination! And your use of your OEC collection is very creative and is charming.

Sending you good vibes and white light for your health.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs B , Sending buckets of health dust your way. Praying the tests come back with good results. All your pieces are gorgeous!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind wishes, @RunningwithScissors. :)) I'd love to do other OEC pieces, but I suspect that's one rabbit hole I need to avoid! (...financially speaking!)

Thank you so much, @Calliecake! I have to say, as the days go past, I'm finding this waiting business more and more difficult! I'll be so glad when I'm through this surgery and out the other side; patience in the face of nervousness is not my strong suit!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely amazing @mrs-b!! :love::love:

I don't post a lot (slowly working on that), but I wanted to say you are an inspiration with your vision and execution! You have impeccable taste and if I can curate a collection a tenth of the caliber of your's, I would be very happy!

I hope you enjoy the upcoming holiday and that everything goes as smoothly as possible 7/9!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll say it again - lovely engraving! I do hope your surgery goes smoothly and I'm sending you good vibes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the engraving Mrs. B. You are on my mind and in my heart and prayers much these days. Thinking of you and praying for you. My dearest friend has recently gone through what you are. She was at stage 2 after surgery and only did radiation. I was with her a few times at appointments. She is doing well now.
Praying for peace of mind and calmness of heart for you and complete healing.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely amazing @mrs-b!! :love::love:

I don't post a lot (slowly working on that), but I wanted to say you are an inspiration with your vision and execution! You have impeccable taste and if I can curate a collection a tenth of the caliber of your's, I would be very happy!

I hope you enjoy the upcoming holiday and that everything goes as smoothly as possible 7/9!!

Thank you so much, @virgo9! I'm closing in hard and fast on the completion of my collection and am doing my last few pieces. I'm hoping 12 months from now I'll be done, but we'll see.

I'm currently in LA, where I've been on vacation for the last month, but travel home tomorrow, which I'm REALLY looking forward to. My husband has been back in Boston working, as well as caring for our dogs, and I miss him terribly when I'm away. So tomorrow is a red letter day for me. :)) And then of course there's July 9th... Praying hard and hoping for a good outcome. My dream result: stage 1a and a one-and-done procedure.

Actually my DREAM dream result is "Oh! We're so sorry Mrs B - we actually made a mistake! You don't have cancer - you've just got a cold!"

Wouldn't that be awesome? :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @JPie :)) It's times like these that I think PS should have a 'jewelry loan bank' - so we could all have the fun of mixing it up when times were difficult or a bit rough. I'd be first in line to borrow Forte Kitty's OEC, Phoenix's Holly, your cluster, or @missy's opal! :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @luv2sparkle :wavey:

Do you happen to know which type of uterine cancer your friend had? There's a range and some (serous, clear cell) are much worse than others. I have Grade 1, which is the best grade tumor to have, and I am PRAYING for a stage 1a diagnosis, but we'll see and I truly have no idea. I wont know which stage I am for another couple of weeks yet, so *that* will be hideous, but I'm doing my best to be prepared for anything, and - worst comes to worst - I'm not that attached to my hair anyway and I have a pretty good pain tolerance. So mentally, while hoping for the best, I'm battening down the hatches in case it's not a favorable result.

Mostly, I'm just trying to put it all out of my mind. On one hand - there's no point in borrowing trouble. On the other, you wouldn't be human or normal if you didn't spend a lot of your time saying "what if....?"

Thank you for your prayers - I really do appreciate them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I’m continuing to keep good thoughts for you and praying you have a full recovery. (((Hugs))) and healing vibes.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @JPie :)) It's times like these that I think PS should have a 'jewelry loan bank' - so we could all have the fun of mixing it up when times were difficult or a bit rough. I'd be first in line to borrow Forte Kitty's OEC, Phoenix's Holly, your cluster, or @missy's opal! :wavey:

Now THAT would be amazebling!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, I do love your doo-dad and too am praying for you. Seems like this wait for surgery has been so long and you must be tired of it all too. It would leave you to think that if they thought it was that terrible that they would have rushed you in already!

We will all be thinking of you and wishing you nothing but the best. Safe travels back to Boston and your hubby and enjoy the 4th!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b, I do love your doo-dad and too am praying for you. Seems like this wait for surgery has been so long and you must be tired of it all too. It would leave you to think that if they thought it was that terrible that they would have rushed you in already!

We will all be thinking of you and wishing you nothing but the best. Safe travels back to Boston and your hubby and enjoy the 4th!

@MissGotRocks - between you and me - I'm hopeful...but exhausted.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of good thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery! p.s. I love the doo-dad

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks - between you and me - I'm hopeful...but exhausted.

I understand. You're just a few days away from the surgery now so let's keep our fingers crossed, prayers outgoing and many good wishes going your way. Hugs to you!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @luv2sparkle :wavey:

Do you happen to know which type of uterine cancer your friend had? There's a range and some (serous, clear cell) are much worse than others. I have Grade 1, which is the best grade tumor to have, and I am PRAYING for a stage 1a diagnosis, but we'll see and I truly have no idea. I wont know which stage I am for another couple of weeks yet, so *that* will be hideous, but I'm doing my best to be prepared for anything, and - worst comes to worst - I'm not that attached to my hair anyway and I have a pretty good pain tolerance. So mentally, while hoping for the best, I'm battening down the hatches in case it's not a favorable result.

Mostly, I'm just trying to put it all out of my mind. On one hand - there's no point in borrowing trouble. On the other, you wouldn't be human or normal if you didn't spend a lot of your time saying "what if....?"

Thank you for your prayers - I really do appreciate them!

I don't know. She may have said and I don't remember. I was pretty stunned by it. She was disappointed that it was stage 2. She takes care of everyone in her family, including her mom and her daughter who is a grown woman (and doctor) but has a weird seizure disorder that they can't find the cause of. She had had bleeding for about a year and chalked it up to menopause and stress. She only needed radiation and I was surprised that it was really a quick procedure. She had external first and then a few sessions of internal. It was way less intense than either she or I thought it would be. I am praying that you have to do none of that and that it will be a stage 1 and you can get back to life quickly. Praying for peace and calm and very good news.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info, @luv2sparkle - all knowledge is useful in a situation like this.

Best wishes that she stays in remission for the rest of her life.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a long time to [email protected] hope and pray it will be a 1a. <3

Thanks, @Mamabean! Yes, it was 5 weeks from diagnosis to surgery, and the biopsy was another week prior to that. I couldn't get in to see an ob gyn for 2-3 weeks at the beginning and it will be 2 weeks AFTER the surgery till I find out what my staging is - so from the time I started worrying about this till the time I find out exactly what I have, it will be about 2.5 months. I'm hoping that, in and of itself, hasn't caused me any additional problems. And yes - internally I chant "1a! 1a! 1a!"

I've always been someone who prayed. But this is more regular than normal - even for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results