shape
carat
color
clarity

A sparkly doo-dad to use up my spare OECs.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack, all signs are pointing towards stage 1a. Stay positive and focus on that. Only 23 more Fridays until Christmas.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack, all signs are pointing towards stage 1a. Stay positive and focus on that. Only 23 more Fridays until Christmas.

Good bless you. :))

Have you started your Christmas shopping? I'm about half way through.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies. I'm not trying to be positive - or negative. I'm just trying not to think of it till I actually KNOW something, y'know?

The thing is tho...I'm a member of an endometrial cancer support network, and I read last week about a woman who was a member of that group - diagnosed with grade 1 tumor, and a preliminary stage 1a diagnosis (so, same as me) last October. All looked great - till her path results came back, showing she was in fact 3c. She died mid Feb - 4 months from go to whoa. She was younger than me and had no symptoms.

I think anyone who has played this particular waiting game could tell you - 99 positive experiences from 99 different people can be obliterated by one bad story. I'm working very hard to stay in the now. Other than the generalized terror ( :knockout: ) I'm actually feeling incredibly well. Go figure.

Thank you for all the support. I have completely destroyed my sparkly doo-dad thread and I'm pretty sure this whole thing should be in Hangouts. But it's here now, and I'm just gonna leave it.

Speaking of sparkly doo-dads, my re-made charm bracelet should be done in the next month or so. It's my current project and a bunch of the charms are being custom made, with every single charm being hugely significant. I have some nice necklaces, but I like bracelets more, so this will be lovely when it's done.

And to @Catmom and @MissGotRocks, who suggested I should be focussing on Christmas in 'only 5 months' - what wonderful women you are and how well you know me! Today I went to the dr for some dressing changes, did some housework, went to the shops, did a little gardening...and planned my Christmas menu!! :mrgreen: I suspect you don't need to ask me which activity I enjoyed the most!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. I'm not trying to be positive - or negative. I'm just trying not to think of it till I actually KNOW something, y'know?

The thing is tho...I'm a member of an endometrial cancer support network, and I read last week about a woman who was a member of that group - diagnosed with grade 1 tumor, and a preliminary stage 1a diagnosis (so, same as me) last October. All looked great - till her path results came back, showing she was in fact 3c. She died mid Feb - 4 months from go to whoa. She was younger than me and had no symptoms.

I think anyone who has played this particular waiting game could tell you - 99 positive experiences from 99 different people can be obliterated by one bad story. I'm working very hard to stay in the now. Other than the generalized terror ( :knockout: ) I'm actually feeling incredibly well. Go figure.

Thank you for all the support. I have completely destroyed my sparkly doo-dad thread and I'm pretty sure this whole thing should be in Hangouts. But it's here now, and I'm just gonna leave it.

Speaking of sparkly doo-dads, my re-made charm bracelet should be done in the next month or so. It's my current project and a bunch of the charms are being custom made, with every single charm being hugely significant. I have some nice necklaces, but I like bracelets more, so this will be lovely when it's done.

And to @Catmom and @MissGotRocks, who suggested I should be focussing on Christmas in 'only 5 months' - what wonderful women you are and how well you know me! Today I went to the dr for some dressing changes, did some housework, went to the shops, did a little gardening...and planned my Christmas menu!! :mrgreen: I suspect you don't need to ask me which activity I enjoyed the most!!
@mrs-b I think you should create a warrior charm...a blingy charm that shows how strong you are. Being afraid doesn’t make you less strong....:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Mrs- b How do you do Christmas shopping in case of a return? I never return a gift even if it something I won’t use..but I know lots of people do return gifts. I’m just curious how you manage that. I would love to pick out something for my daughter-in-law before the rush but she may want to return it and it would be past the return timeline.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean -

This is going to sound very self congratulatory, but here goes anyway and my apologies in advance....

Within my social circle, I am renowned for choosing great gifts. Way back when, I worked for many years as a psychologist, and my friends and family used to use me like a performing seal when we went out to dinner. They'd all pick what they wanted, then hand me a menu, and I had to tell them what each of them had chosen. So long as I knew them well, I could pretty much always guess what they planned to order; it's something about really *seeing* the person and really *looking* at what's on offer and truly *thinking* about the match between the two.

The same is true of Christmas giving. I just have an ability to work out what people would love. I do thoughtful, personal gifts - a lot of which take time and effort, but I'm the type of person who will somehow get their hands on the old shirts of my best friends now-adult son from when he was a little boy, cut them into quilting patches, and make a stuffed toy for his new baby from the old, soft shirts his daddy used to wear when he was a little boy. Or - alternately - like when I took my mother's wedding band, which my father had given to me (very worn down), had it melted down and remade into a new band with my sister's birthstone (sapphire) flush set in the middle, and my mother's birthstone (diamond) flush set either side. Then I gave it to my sister when she turned 50 (my mother had died 30 years prior). When I married my husband, I gave him a handwritten book of all the poems and journal entries I had written about him when we were dating. Or I'll make someone some of their favorite food. Or I'll give them a small wooden box with all the ingredients to make their favorite dish. And so on and so on.

Nobody gives back gifts like that. It's like giving people an extension of their personality, and nobody ever gives that away. And there's always the dead certain method of making sure people get what they want; ask. When my godson turned 21, I threw him a dinner - outside under the stars - with a dozen of his closest friends. It was 5 courses with candlelight and tea lights and rose petals and fairy lights and on and on and on. He's going to Florence for 4 months as a university placement, so I did an all-Italian menu. But the real treat was that I had both his parents - long divorced - sitting either end of the long dinner table, sharing a joint celebration for the first time in 14 years. You can't put a price on something like that. (I also wrote him a big fat check, and you CAN put a price on that - but you get the general idea and he liked the dinner and the family nature of it far more than the money, which was very gratifying.)

MVIMG_20190629_205445.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Thank you for the brief on gift giving! =)2

The best gifts I remember have been versions of 'what do you need' & 'pick anything', so I tend to not dare read people either - not that I can...

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am terrible at gift giving. It always is the toughest part going to parties and events!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Your gifts are the gifts I would want to receive. I would love to be that creative with gifts but I’m not. My son and daughter-in-law made me a wedding album from their wedding for Christmas one year...I cried like a baby..I just loved it so much. I’m hoping I get one of my grandson this year. I also received Jackson’s locks from his first haircut...along with the certificate they gave his parents..Those are such meaningful gifts.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh yes, my closet is starting to fill up, lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, my closet is starting to fill up, lol.
Ok...You both have inspired me to get moving on my gifts! I do love Christmas and I do decorate both houses to exhaustion..but we love how it looks and enjoy it when I’m done...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I've been thinking about you and wondering how your recovery is going. How are you?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I've been thinking about you and wondering how your recovery is going. How are you?

Thanks, @Dandi and @Daisys and Diamonds :wavey:

I'm great. I have no pain and have recovered wonderfully well. My first follow up appt is next week, so that will be the beginning of 5 years of careful monitoring, but to all intents and purposes, I feel fine. My only 'leftover' is generalized exhaustion. I run out of steam VERY quickly and find myself nodding off where I sit - but this is no surprise, given everything I've been through over the last 18 months. I hope to be back to where I was, before everything started, in about 6 months. In the meantime, I'm happy and feeling well.

Thank you for asking! :kiss2:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I am delighted to hear this!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @Dandi and @Daisys and Diamonds :wavey:

I'm great. I have no pain and have recovered wonderfully well. My first follow up appt is next week, so that will be the beginning of 5 years of careful monitoring, but to all intents and purposes, I feel fine. My only 'leftover' is generalized exhaustion. I run out of steam VERY quickly and find myself nodding off where I sit - but this is no surprise, given everything I've been through over the last 18 months. I hope to be back to where I was, before everything started, in about 6 months. In the meantime, I'm happy and feeling well.

Thank you for asking! :kiss2:
better days!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news! So happy to hear x

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love your OEC charm so much that I had to back track this thread just to oogle your photos of it! Such a neat concept for extra stones: diamonds or CS really. I hope youre still donning your lovely doo-dad.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @TheGarnetGirl - I certainly am! I'm thinking about doing a white gold one as well, to use up some more diamonds and some of my cooler tone colored gems. I have the most fabulous suite of amethysts that I'm just dying to set, so it might be a diamond and amethyst doo-dad up next! :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @TheGarnetGirl - I certainly am! I'm thinking about doing a white gold one as well, to use up some more diamonds and some of my cooler tone colored gems. I have the most fabulous suite of amethysts that I'm just dying to set, so it might be a diamond and amethyst doo-dad up next! :))

Well that just sounds utterly scrumptious!! :kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @mrs-b I could have kicked myself when I missed the sale of this! I just wrote David for an estimate but of course he will also have to supply the stones. What is the approximate diameter of the doo dad charm?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @mrs-b I could have kicked myself when I missed the sale of this! I just wrote David for an estimate but of course he will also have to supply the stones. What is the approximate diameter of the doo dad charm?

Hi @Gussie :wavey:

It was 15mm. I'm thinking about doing a necklace and matching earrings in this style. Not 100% sure, but I'll definitely be doing *some*thing in this style. Earrings would be fabboosh, but if I don't have enough diamonds for that (and I may not), I'll do another bracelet charm, or a necklace/pendant. This is how I intend to use up the last of all my melee.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results