shape
carat
color
clarity

A sparkly doo-dad to use up my spare OECs.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
It is really pretty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @AV_ - I'm getting close to being done. I was talking to Amy at DKJ yesterday and saying that pretty soon I was going to throw a note up on PS saying "this is what I've got left over - help yourselves!" It will be nice to have it done, frankly.

@Lookinagain - in working out my percentages and statistics, I did, indeed, add 5% to my chances, just because I live in cancer-treatment-capital! Boston is the BEST for this, so I consider myself fortunate indeed! More to the point, tho - I find it hard to believe you're not working on any projects at the moment! What do you have in the works?? :))

Hi @diamondseeker2006 :wavey: Yes, bit of a bumpy ride at the moment. Most annoying, in some ways, is the fact that the dr rang this afternoon with the results and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WEEK I had put my phone on vibrate only, so I could have a nap. I slept for one hour, during which she called 3 times. Now I have to wait till tomorrow, or perhaps even Friday, since she's not in the office on a Thursday. I was SO cross! I'm so glad you like the little bracelet, tho. The pendant takes it from 'a piece of chain'...to a bracelet. It's SO pretty and wearable - I just love it!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'm passing the time pleasantly, waiting for my phone to ring, which will determine the direction of my life for the foreseeable future. I have idly considered what would happen if I threw my phone in the trash; a temporary measure, I realize, yet tempting.

May that your phone breaks down, then... Mine did - at just such a moment & I am still grateful to Fate for the quiet in the middle of the storm.

Fingers crossed for everything!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crystal_Dreams - this is the first piece I've ever done with antique OECs, and I'm loving it! The light return is different to what I'm used to and, frankly, more interesting! (go figure!) And thank you for the kind wishes re my health. PS is a wonderful community for this sort of thing, and I appreciate the support. :kiss2:

Hi @sarahb! I LOVE your little dog avatar! I've probably said that before, but it really does put a smile on my face whenever I see that photo! I'm glad you like the bracelet - it's a bit of a departure for me, and I truly love it! And thank you for the prayers and dust - it means a lot. :))

Hi @Stone Hunter! I have a lot of bibs and bobs leftover from projects, but the truth is - there's simply nothing else I want! I could make pieces endlessly, but I really do need to concentrate only on pieces I want and know for sure I'll actually wear. I do intend to upgrade my 3-stone tho - in a somewhat shocking way. I'm going to throw another 20k at it, and will end up with something extraordinarily similar looking. But I want to be at the VS1 level for all three stones, and I want F sides instead of G sides, and this will cost me big time. But I want a ring I find extraordinary, y'know? I want a standout in color, cut, clarity - not just size. I want it ALL. So I have my eye on something, but am not going to say anything until I'm ready to make a move - and that won't be for another 9 months yet. So we'll see.... :mrgreen:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do intend to upgrade my 3-stone tho - in a somewhat shocking way. I'm going to throw another 20k at it, and will end up with something extraordinarily similar looking.

WWW ? I remember your noticing some such proportions elsewhere. The shop often lists hordes of old school three stones, just graduated enough to fool the eye into thinking 'depth' from the slightly altered proportions - illusion is the most interesting! Today the list is somewhat shorter than usual ,(

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - in working out my percentages and statistics, I did, indeed, add 5% to my chances, just because I live in cancer-treatment-capital! Boston is the BEST for this, so I consider myself fortunate indeed! More to the point, tho - I find it hard to believe you're not working on any projects at the moment! What do you have in the works?? :))

@mrs-b to answer your bling question, I do have an email in to Amy about a potential 5 stone and am waiting for her reply. I also picked up that M colored AVC but haven't yet decided what I want to do with it. So I guess I would say I'm in between projects, but my mind is working on them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b to answer your bling question, I do have an email in to Amy about a potential 5 stone and am waiting for her reply. I also picked up that M colored AVC but haven't yet decided what I want to do with it. So I guess I would say I'm in between projects, but my mind is working on them!

I'm really glad you got that AVC - they're stunning, aren't they? Especially the warm ones, in my opinion. You might remember I originally set mine in a cluster. I wasn't fond of it, to be honest, so had it pulled apart and will have it reset in calibre rubies and yellow gold. This is *not* cheap, and the rubies, apparently, need at least 2 months to be cut. I'm thinking this will be a project for next year; a few more months and we'll start the financial run-up for Christmas!! (I know - I went there...) :eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m hoping that you get a phone call from your doctor today even though she’s not in today. She may decide to call you from her home. I hope it’s good news. Doctors can definitely be wrong. It happened to me..They told me my melanoma had an ultra-late recurrence and had metastasized. I went through a bone biopsy and had to wait ten days for the results..It was benign and shocked everyone. I was never so happy to hear I have degenerative disk disease instead. I will say a prayer for you every time I think of you until you let us know your results..(Big hug!)

I love your bracelet...You should have been a jewelry designer..I have bits of tapered baguettes and little round diamonds that I didn’t know what to do with. I’m a traditional jewelry person but may thrown them into a charm with an odd mix of diamond shapes. I would be able to know which diamond was from a setting I previously had. It would be a memory charm..maybe with engraving around them...

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really glad you got that AVC - they're stunning, aren't they? Especially the warm ones, in my opinion. You might remember I originally set mine in a cluster. I wasn't fond of it, to be honest, so had it pulled apart and will have it reset in calibre rubies and yellow gold. This is *not* cheap, and the rubies, apparently, need at least 2 months to be cut. I'm thinking this will be a project for next year; a few more months and we'll start the financial run-up for Christmas!! (I know - I went there...) :eek2:

@mrs-b I had no idea it would take that long for calibre cut stones to be completed. I can't wait to see what you have dreamed up this time! It's always something special.
And yes, I do love my little AVC but am really finding it hard to figure out what I want to do with it. It will come to my at some point, I'm sure.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Will pray ((( <3))) Your jewelry is so beautiful, hope it distracts you now and again from the rigors of (stress) life.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
20190601_103107.jpg

20190601_102852.jpg [/QUOTE]

Love it! You rock this- love the chain, as well. Great idea!!!

I reeeeaaaallly need this in a rg pendant.

I'm sorry you've been in the hospital- I hope you feel better soon!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b Wishing you good news tomorrow....

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am absolutely in love with your doo dad bracelet! It is a stunner. :love: It looks amazing on you. I am saving this post because, well, because it is gorgeous- LOL I am stumped when it comes to bracelets, but this style may work for me at some point in the future. (Don't tell hubby. :shhh: I already put the bug in his ear about a 2 part upgrade that I hope to begin next spring.) Thanks for sharing and for always being beautifully creative.

Also, what a great way to keep your beloved dog in memory. How sweet of your girlfriend as well!

So sorry to hear about your health concerns. Praying for the best possible results!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

!:-o!
Your plan, of course, sounds stunning though!

~sending positive thoughts your way for good news today~

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to make this thread about my health, so let me just quickly say, the diagnosis wasn't great, but the long term prognosis is excellent and the treatment straight forward.

On the upside - I have a meeting with Amy this afternoon to work on my next lot of 'tweaks'; a couple of charms to go on my charm bracelet, a pair of SS golden pearl and diamond earrings, a little smoothing out to the band of my 7 stone ring. Couple of other things. :) All part and parcel of keeping it at a level I enjoy. I have thrown away the last of my pieces I didn't want and am either setting my remaining stuff or paring it right down, selling it, or giving it away. I'm getting to the point where I have nothing I don't love, nothing not up to par, nothing unset, nothing I don't wear. This is a very good place to be!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't want to make this thread about my health, so let me just quickly say, the diagnosis wasn't great, but the long term prognosis is excellent and the treatment straight forward.

On the upside - I have a meeting with Amy this afternoon to work on my next lot of 'tweaks'; a couple of charms to go on my charm bracelet, a pair of SS golden pearl and diamond earrings, a little smoothing out to the band of my 7 stone ring. Couple of other things. :) All part and parcel of keeping it at a level I enjoy. I have thrown away the last of my pieces I didn't want and am either setting my remaining stuff or paring it right down, selling it, or giving it away. I'm getting to the point where I have nothing I don't love, nothing not up to par, nothing unset, nothing I don't wear. This is a very good place to be!!

I’m happy your prognosis is excellent...Hugs and good wishes for your treatment to go smoothly for you. Thank you for letting us know..

It sounds like you have quite a few fun projects to look forward to. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy and relieved that you have such a good prognosis, wishing you much strength and love for the road ahead! Thanks for the update, and for the reminder to pop back and admire your gorgeous bracelet again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @Demon :))

@Lookinagain - I saw Amy yesterday and she told me about your current project. I just love your pieces! :wavey:

@Mamabean - using up the odd bits and pieces is one of the biggest challenges, isn't it?! Really streeeeeetches one's design capabilities!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @pinklemonadegurl :) I find jewelry to be a huge distraction - and a very welcome one!

@CRYSTAL24K - you're welcome to replicate to whatever degree works for you. I'm thinking of doing something similar with leftover colored stones also; can you imagine how gorgeous THAT would be?? Yowza!!

@apacherose - this design would be perfect as a pendant! And this in rose gold would be stunning - especially with old cuts! (And...hi! Always nice to see you!) :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Rfisher :) I think the AVC in the ruby calibre halo will be one of the most amazing pieces I ever do. I'm guessing it will be about 12mm x 12mm, so it will have nice presence on the hand. But it should be a very clean, strong look, which I've always loved. :kiss2: And thank you for your kind wishes. My results didn't come out as I had hoped - I have cancer and am having some extensive surgery on July 9th and am scared witless. But I am praying a lot and asking God to keep an eye on me and bring me through this safely. Past this point, it's up to Him. In the meantime...I jewelry. Hard. :))

Thank you, @Dandi-darling! I'm hanging in.... :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I tweaked. Because that's what I do. The pendant was hanging too low, so I re-jigged, and I like this better. It tends to lay flat and not rotate now, and I am less concerned about catching it on something and tearing the charm away from the bracelet! It's an overcast ol' day here in LA, and these photos were taken in a blue-grey room. So the color is about as bad as it can be. But I love it and it's making me very happy. :) I might get it shortened some more; the tighter it gets, the less it rotates.

Dang, it's a pretty little thang! The last words in 'sparkly doo-dads'! Love it. :))

20190615_094248.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Keeping happy little distractions while praying for dear life is familiar - having two calendars to choose from - my Orthodox with the local Catholic, adds up to just enough. I hope your July 9 event is indeed medical routine - so boring, even you can forget it less than a week after. Fingers crossed!

The "Doo-dad" style of pave merits a patent - I am certainly going to use the name.

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Mrs B, you have already had your surgery by this date, but I just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly since your first post about waiting for test results. I am sure without a doubt that God will hold you in the palm of His hand. Much prayer for a complete and easy recovery. Thanks for coming back and posting. I know that is not always an easy thing to do. Gentle hugs and much prayer for you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I am so sorry about your diagnosis and the need for surgery. I know this is such a stressful and scary time. I hope support from family and friends (including your PS friends) bring you some peace and comfort during this trying time. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

LOVE what you did with your bracelet, I want one! :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I'll keep you in my thoughts on July 9 and know that you are getting the best of care.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized after reading the above post, (Thanks @Lookinagain) that your surgery is July 9th not June 9th. Prayer for you, Mrs b!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I just read this thread. I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis but am happy that the long term prognosis is good. Know that you are in my thoughts and that I am sending you strength and healing light. I will light a candle and pray for your speedy recovery.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That bracelet is amazing!!!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll be thinking about you and sending all the good healing thoughts and vibes. (((Hugs)))

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I tweaked. Because that's what I do. The pendant was hanging too low, so I re-jigged, and I like this better. It tends to lay flat and not rotate now, and I am less concerned about catching it on something and tearing the charm away from the bracelet! It's an overcast ol' day here in LA, and these photos were taken in a blue-grey room. So the color is about as bad as it can be. But I love it and it's making me very happy. :) I might get it shortened some more; the tighter it gets, the less it rotates.

Dang, it's a pretty little thang! The last words in 'sparkly doo-dads'! Love it. :))

20190615_094248.jpg
This is gorgeous! It looks wonderful on you, and you are in my thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results