shape
carat
color
clarity

A sparkly doo-dad to use up my spare OECs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubybrick - I'm not entirely sure. But the chain is well over 100 years old, made back in the day when gold had that antique lushness to it. The charm is 18kt.

Thank you, @TheGarnetGirl! If you have any beautiful florentine pattern suggestions - pls let me know!!

Thanks, @Alex T :wavey: I love them both and they look SO lovely in my jewelry box!! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @lissyflo - and no worries. This may be a very long road to hoe (and, of course, it may not, too) so I'm settling down for the long haul.

Hi @DorotheaBrooke! :wavey: I wear virtually all my pieces with my gold bangle. I love the chain + bangle combo. I totally think I am the shiznit when I wear those 2 together!! :mrgreen:

Thanks, @JPie and - me too, re the health. By the way, I still miss your diamond necklace. That is probably my biggest ever regret of 'things I didn't buy'. I've never said that before but - there. It's out there now. I was SO sad when I missed it!! Gorgeous piece. But, then again, you have lovely taste, and all your pieces are faboosh!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @MissGotRocks :wavey: Yes, I'm down 45 lbs over the last 9 months, so it's been slow and steady for a while now. I feel way better and my fingers continue to shrink! A 7 is loose-ish at this point, but very comfortable, so my rings are being dropped to that. My wedder, tho, is now a 6.75, which is a big drop! very pleased with myself here! :))

Thank you so much, @foxinsox! I actually tried an antiquing finish on the pendant, but it looked too dark to my eye. I *will* try it again, but I need to tweak a few things before I do. I'm contemplating a few things for my next project, but we'll see. :)

Thank you for the prayers, @luv2sparkle - and - indeed woo hoo for the smaller ring size! A smaller finger makes SO much more of a diamond - I have long been jealous of those size 4 fingered girls on here!! I don't ever see myself getting down there, but it would be lovey to be a size 6. 15 years ago, before I had a bad back injury and gained a bunch of weight, I was a 5.75. So I think I stand a chance of getting back down there. We'll see. :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love looooove that beautiful cobblestone charm @mrs-b, it's so unique and beautiful! And I'm so sorry for your health concerns, I truly hope that the dr has it wrong this time. Big hugs and lots of love xx

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @eapj - and I agree. Drs are wrong every day. I'm praying this is one of those times.

Thanks @Catmom - me too. I've had such a run of it lately, healthwise. I had a cardiac ablation in April, diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in March (now reversed and stabilized since going off amiodorone), and shingles in May! And now this! It's been...rocky!

@LLJsmom - copy away! It's a real sparkle-baby and I can totally seeing this going with your aesthetic! I love bracelet danglies - they have such je ne sais quoi! :sun:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So to answer all questions at the one time - the hospital stay was an endometrial biopsy. I don't have the results back as yet, but there was enough growth in the endometrium for the dr who performed the biopsy to say that her best guess was that I have endo cancer. I get a clearer picture, obviously, when the biopsy comes back, especially as to what type of tissue it is - which can make the prognosis either quite encouraging, or rather depressing. Obviously, as it was, there was enough growth for her to take an educated guess, a thing I can't believe she would have done had there not been obvious cancer there. So things in this house are rather subdued at the moment.

Thank you to all for the well wishes - a shitty time here, really.

I am so sorry to hear this - the waiting must be so hard. I sincerely hope this comes out on the better end for you and will certainly be waiting to hear. Hugs to you mrs-b!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sparkly doodah is delicious :cheeky:

Sending good wishes and positive vibes for the best possible outcome.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry to read about all of the health problems you've had this year! Sending good thoughts your way over the biopsy and your health journey. Congrats on the weight loss that is SUPER successful.

As you know I love your collection and the way you have edited it. This new cobblestone OEC charm is a perfect addition to your collection! :D

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b -- you're killing me! Every piece you own is an absolute stunner! I love this!!

ETA: I just read your update and wanted to send you tons of positive loving vibes and tell you that we're all thinking of you!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, do you know if David can source a random selection of cuts for a piece like this? MRB, OEC, single cuts, rose?

P.S. I just read through this thread and I am sending my prayers.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, do you know if David can source a random selection of cuts for a piece like this? MRB, OEC, single cuts, rose?

P.S. I just read through this thread and I am sending my prayers.

Thanks, @Gussie. And no - I don't know for sure. But my gut feeling is that he has so many bits and pieces laying around, it shouldn't be too difficult for him to assemble what you need.

Thank you, @KristyDarling - on both counts. :))

Thanks, @Austina - I'm loving this charm. It's SUCH a sparkle bomb - and it looks amazing when it moves. I'm really enjoying its twinkly qualities. :kiss2:

Thanks, @Stone Hunter. This fills in a specific gap and I'm really loving it. :))

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Another beautiful piece, @mrs-b :love:

And sending good vibes that your health situation will have a positive outcome.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! What a wonderfully creative way to use stones and a chain! It’s so rich and yet also understated! Such sublime taste you have!
Wear it in much happiness and I do hope you’re on your way to a full recovery!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you a speedy recovery and good news ahead mrs-b!

Love love the old yellow gold chain and your cobblestone pendant design is wonderful! Very well done, as usual.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That is super creative, and really pretty!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea that you were interested in the necklace! I hope you get an encouraging prognosis and that you can celebrate with something even more fabulous. I always enjoy your posts and I’m sending positive thoughts your way.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love your sparkle bomb charm mrsb! And sending prayers to you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet and do-dad turned out beautiful! I really like that chain!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @GlitterInMyHair - I'm really enjoying this pretty little piece. And thank you for the kind wishes. :))

@Slick1 - this is such a pretty, yet understated piece. It seems to me to be appropriate for wear virtually anywhere. Consequently, I'm sure it's going to get a looooot of outings! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, @Rfisher. I'm going out of my head a trifle, waiting for the official biopsy results, but am working hard at distracting myself with sparklies!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @anangel! There's quite a trick to using leftover bits without making them look like...leftover...bits... :)) I think I'll do a few more pieces, then simply give away what I have left; I want there to be an end to this!!

@JPie - I LOVE that necklace!! Was it made with 5 pt diamonds? I have thought a thousand times of doing one myself; do you have any photos of the links close up, so I could copy shamelessly? I'd love a diamond necklace, rather than a pendant. And thank you for the positive thoughts.

Thanks, @bling_dream19 :wavey:

Thank you, @tyty333 - I LOVE that chain! I believe it was made in...1910? Before WW1, anyway. And it's sooooo heavy! Love it. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b These little, BRILLIANT! distractions of yours... work very well even at a distance (wherethey are needed). Wishing you wise doctors & no news from them at all!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Love your new charm and the ring remake, but more importantly am thinking of you and hoping whatever the health issue turns out to be that all is well and grateful that you are in a city with so many wonderful doctors and hospitals.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, @mrs-b! I haven't been online much the last few days as I have been out of town. But I am so sorry to hear about the latest health news and pray that the outcome is a much better than expected!

The bracelet is just beautiful! A wonderful way to use the rest of a special chain and lovely little diamonds! I think your diamond band looks great, too! I want to try to remember to save the stone sizes!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new sparkly! The colour of the gold chain is just luscious. And those OECs sure have created a sparkle bomb!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been in hospital recently. Dust and prayers that the outcome is better than anticipated!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b - so sorry to hear of your health issues. I'll be thinking about you & praying everything turns out in your favor. Sending you hugs & tons of dust!

On the other hand, your collection is one I admire greatly, beautiful bracelet!!:love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @anangel! There's quite a trick to using leftover bits without making them look like...leftover...bits... :)) I think I'll do a few more pieces, then simply give away what I have left; I want there to be an end to this!!

You've done an excellent job so far!! It is SO challenging to create new items out of old items. I struggle with this and then buy a new item. Hopefully by the Fall I will figure out how to create something new with a few things I have.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @eapj - and I agree. Drs are wrong every day. I'm praying this is one of those times.

Thanks @Catmom - me too. I've had such a run of it lately, healthwise. I had a cardiac ablation in April, diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in March (now reversed and stabilized since going off amiodorone), and shingles in May! And now this! It's been...rocky!

I'm sorry you've had such issues. I'm glad you are off the amiodorone though. My MIL who was on it for 25 years with no issues suddenly developed severe lung issues. At first they thought it was a pulmonary embolism but it turned out to be amiodorone toxicity and now her lungs have been greatly compromised. I really hope the biopsy comes back with positive news.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you've had such issues. I'm glad you are off the amiodorone though. My MIL who was on it for 25 years with no issues suddenly developed severe lung issues. At first they thought it was a pulmonary embolism but it turned out to be amiodorone toxicity and now her lungs have been greatly compromised. I really hope the biopsy comes back with positive news.

Hi @Catmom -

Yes, from what I can see and what I've read, amiodorone will take everybody down in the end, if they're on it long enough. I think I was on it as largely a fall-back position. My afib was caused by postural issues, which I've been working on now with yoga and tai chi in an attempt to get pressure off my vagal nerve, and the ablation seems to have done a good job also. My heart, normally the villain in the piece for most people with afib - is normal and healthy looking. So who knows.... I've had nothing since the ablation, tho, so all is well on that front.

I'm still waiting on the biopsy results, which is sending me nuts. I'm not expecting great news, because the dr who did the biopsy told me she could see stuff growing, and cancer tissue is quite distinctive. But there's levels and levels of this - types and grades and stages - so we'll see what combo I end up with and how good or bad it ends up being.

In the meantime, tho, I flew out to LA yesterday, so am enjoying friends out here and my home away from home. I had a visit with David and Amy yesterday at their store, which is always lovely, and am enjoying possibly the coolest California June ever! Either way, it's an improvement on the Boston humidity, so I'm passing the time pleasantly, waiting for my phone to ring, which will determine the direction of my life for the foreseeable future. I have idly considered what would happen if I threw my phone in the trash; a temporary measure, I realize, yet tempting. :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results