carat
color
clarity

A pink diamond story

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, that's unfortunate.
Can you have it placed back into the original ring, for now?

I could, but I just don’t think the setting did it any justice, it kind of swallowed it up. I’m okay with just having it as a loose stone in my collection. At end of the day just owning this tiny pink diamond is enough for now.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm curious if a jeweler could do a bit more reworking of the center of the ring so that the pink stone fits. If I'm assuming correctly that the existing stone is larger, couldn't a jeweler do something to make this part of the mounting accommodate a smaller stone? Like make something akin to a faux bezel to fill in some of the space? Just grasping at straws here. Thinking it might be better and more cost effective than buying multiple rings until something just happens to fit?
1703290802235.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm curious if a jeweler could do a bit more reworking of the center of the ring so that the pink stone fits. If I'm assuming correctly that the existing stone is larger, couldn't a jeweler do something to make this part of the mounting accommodate a smaller stone? Like make something akin to a faux bezel to fill in some of the space? Just grasping at straws here. Thinking it might be better and more cost effective than buying multiple rings until something just happens to fit?
1703290802235.png

Right, the multiple rings thing isn’t going to happen because I’m going to stop right here and either go custom at some point or just keep it as a loose stone permanently.

One jeweler I spoke with said that there is concern about the onyx cracking, whether that is common with these kinds of rings, I don’t know. Maybe I could ask David Klass if there is anything he could do with it. Probably the best thing would be to wait until I have the money for a custom mount and then if he says he can’t work with this, I could have him make something.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that makes sense, but yes, I'd DK what he thinks and the risk of the Onyx cracking if work was done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results