clarity

A pink diamond story

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada Hop on Metro North and come to the city! In person drop offs at GIA are super easy (I've done it twice now), and we could meet up! :) Come down this coming weekend and join me for the NYCJAWS.

I would love to join you but I’m working all weekend :(2 Still you are very sweet to suggest it.

I’ve only taken the train once into NYC, it was like preparing to go on a 7hr flight, I was so stressed out. So for that reason, I will have to mail it which gives me another bit of anxiety with all the recent mail theft.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It definitely is pink! Anxiously awaiting the outcome.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just coming back because I didn’t want anyone to think I’m chickening out but wasn’t able to send this out Friday because I had to chaperone a field trip. So it will be this week.

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh—back on PS after a bit of a busy period and so excited for you @YadaYadaYada! What a sweet stone and such a pretty color. I hope the gambling gods are on your side. Looking forward to the next chapter.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to keep you all waiting, it’s not my intention but somehow the days just zoom by lately.

I recently started taking care of 10 kittens at the shelter every morning and they are a handful! Eats up a good bit of the morning those rascals. Ah but they are fun and so happy to see “the food lady”

So by the time I get done with them, get something for dinner, and get home and take care of our pets and eating lunch, it’s time to go get the kids and go to work!

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to keep you all waiting, it’s not my intention but somehow the days just zoom by lately.

I recently started taking care of 10 kittens at the shelter every morning and they are a handful! Eats up a good bit of the morning those rascals. Ah but they are fun and so happy to see “the food lady”

So by the time I get done with them, get something for dinner, and get home and take care of our pets and eating lunch, it’s time to go get the kids and go to work!

We are a patient bunch. We understand, life doesn’t stop.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help!

This morning I setup an account with GIA (which is a pain in the neck!) and now I’m trying to figure out what to do next. I looked into a “new memo” but then it asks if a job has been created in “My Labratory”. I go to make a job but it’s asking for a GIA control number as a required field also stated value…do I put how much I paid for it?

Someone please help me through this because I’m about to give up after being at it for an hour o_O

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Help!

This morning I setup an account with GIA (which is a pain in the neck!) and now I’m trying to figure out what to do next. I looked into a “new memo” but then it asks if a job has been created in “My Labratory”. I go to make a job but it’s asking for a GIA control number as a required field also stated value…do I put how much I paid for it?

Someone please help me through this because I’m about to give up after being at it for an hour o_O
Girl, I gotchu.

Ok, once you have an account set up, log into the client portal, and click on Create a New Memo under Stone Management.

1699026244115.png
This should be the next page, and your Name and Client ID should show up.
1699026440795.png
Click the red Create New Memo button, and it will take you to this screen:
1699026528884.png
Fill out the Submitted By and Lab location cells.
It will take you to this screen after:
1699026675210.png
Select Manual Entry, and click the Add button, and you will need to select what type of stone you're submitting.
1699026827765.png
That will then prompt you to enter details on your stone.
1699026868302.png
Once you enter the details, and select which services you want, click Add in the bottom right corner.
Next screen should show the details of the services you chose:
1699027250759.png
Either click Add to submit another stone, or Next in the bottom right corner.
Next page will ask for shipping details (or if you plan to do in-person drop off)
1699027420870.png
After you fill in those details, click Submit, and you should be good to go!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lala646 you are a lifesaver! Thank you soooo much, I was losing my mind but I figured out that my Ipad screen was cutting off the “Manual entry” option and that’s why I wasn’t able to get anywhere. Then when I got everything done and printed the memo it incorrectly had the carat weight at 5 CARATS instead of POINTS, don’t I wish! So corrected that and now she is off to GIA!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are off! Expected to be back the end of November. I took these shots as I was packing her up. Big thanks to @lala646 for literally screen holding my hand through the process of navigating the GIA site.

D829AE7F-8FB7-4528-AF20-006A2A4EF379.jpeg

2CA7D0F5-CCBB-4F8A-AF6A-54E591146852.jpeg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
We are off! Expected to be back the end of November. I took these shots as I was packing her up. Big thanks to @lala646 for literally screen holding my hand through the process of navigating the GIA site.

So excited for your results!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada you will get assigned an account manager at GIA. Mine is such a nice person and so helpful.

Great because I need all the help I can get!

I wanted to do this for the sake of having the experience though.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl, I gotchu.

Ok, once you have an account set up, log into the client portal, and click on Create a New Memo under Stone Management.

1699026244115.png
This should be the next page, and your Name and Client ID should show up.
1699026440795.png
Click the red Create New Memo button, and it will take you to this screen:
1699026528884.png
Fill out the Submitted By and Lab location cells.
It will take you to this screen after:
1699026675210.png
Select Manual Entry, and click the Add button, and you will need to select what type of stone you're submitting.
1699026827765.png
That will then prompt you to enter details on your stone.
1699026868302.png
Once you enter the details, and select which services you want, click Add in the bottom right corner.
Next screen should show the details of the services you chose:
1699027250759.png
Either click Add to submit another stone, or Next in the bottom right corner.
Next page will ask for shipping details (or if you plan to do in-person drop off)
1699027420870.png
After you fill in those details, click Submit, and you should be good to go!
This should be a sticky. I’ve also found the GIA submission process hella confusing. Thanks for the helpful info, lala.

It looks so pink against the white background. Excited for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kgizo, thank you for saying the process is confusing because I was thinking it was me! :doh:

My expectation is it’s pink something, possibly orange pink but who really knows. It’s going to be a long few weeks!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep checking back for an update…. All fingers and toes crossed for you!!!

Thanks for being part of the adventure. As soon as I have absolutely anything of interest, I will post it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Excited you got it sent out and I'm excited to hear the results!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Excited you got it sent out and I'm excited to hear the results!

Thanks! Yeah finally got it out there, but I have to say I am just so anxious about it getting lost somewhere in the process.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When they get over the hill, I throw them in the freezer. Then you can make smoothies or banana bread later.
But I digress.......

What a sweet ring you found!
What kind of a setting are you thinking about for the wee pink one?

banana pancakes in our house
my laptop does not do very true colours so unfortunatly said banana did the diamond no favours for me so i too am now intersted in the report

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I predict it will turn out to be the real deal!

That would be amazing then I’ll have to figure out what I’m going to do with it. Who am I kidding, it’s always a ring! :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results