shape
carat
color
clarity

A pink diamond story

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am completely invested in this little guy. It’s defo a solid pink to my eyes :kiss2:

Aw thanks, me too! How cool would it be to own a pink diamond?! That was the thought when I bought it :D

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, this is exciting, YadaYadaYada! Looking forward to your update!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Kim N, I swear this wait is feeling very much like the last month of pregnancy. It’s the anticipation and the unknown and excitement all at the same time.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are happening!

Received an email from GIA this morning to let me know there is a weight difference from what was stated. If you remember, I had a hard time measuring this diamond because it is so small, so I just went with what the seller said which was .05. As it turns out, it’s even smaller than that by quite a bit:

BC0AE656-2E91-4CBD-B69D-3FFFA2848612.jpeg
Haha, so yes it really is teeny tiny! Will come back with any more updates as they roll in.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Excited to watch this unfold! I have some fcds for decades that I want to send in but have never gotten around to it (since I don't intend on selling). But now I'm inspired.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to watch this unfold! I have some fcds for decades that I want to send in but have never gotten around to it (since I don't intend on selling). But now I'm inspired.

I’ll be honest, setting up an account with GIA is cumbersome but how fun would it be to find out about your mystery diamonds?!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I’ll be honest, setting up an account with GIA is cumbersome but how fun would it be to find out about your mystery diamonds?!

Yes, absolutely. Every time I get to thinking I'm ready to get them sent in I get distracted by either a pre-loved bauble, a new setting project, or I'm on banned island because of one of the former!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Things are happening!

Received an email from GIA this morning to let me know there is a weight difference from what was stated. If you remember, I had a hard time measuring this diamond because it is so small, so I just went with what the seller said which was .05. As it turns out, it’s even smaller than that by quite a bit:

BC0AE656-2E91-4CBD-B69D-3FFFA2848612.jpeg
Haha, so yes it really is teeny tiny! Will come back with any more updates as they roll in.

How interesting. It looked fine on its own in that setting. Maybe it is a shallow cut?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How interesting. It looked fine on its own in that setting. Maybe it is a shallow cut?

Maybe? No idea. It would make a really awesome nose stud but I cant do piercings. I have some ideas floating around on my head ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!

Checked online today and the status is “ready for return” I have already entered my credit card so so I need to do anything else?

It gives a return date of 11/30.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!

Checked online today and the status is “ready for return” I have already entered my credit card so so I need to do anything else?

It gives a return date of 11/30.

Wait, so are the details available online? You should be able to see them once they charge your card, I think.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wait, so are the details available online? You should be able to see them once they charge your card, I think.

Yes I think this is true! Waiting with eager ears for the mystery to be solved!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, let me play around with this and I’ll report back.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It got a fancy designation!!! :dance:
7E5A7D64-514B-41D6-9268-AE14D2C34F20.jpeg

This is all I seem to be able to access at the moment, it says the GIA report won’t be available until the status is “completed”

dvj

Shiny_Rock

This is all I seem to be able to access at the moment, it says the GIA report won’t be available until the status is “completed”

Congratulations YadaYadaYada!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay, that's fantastic!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my goodnesssssssss!!!! Natural and fancy…wow!.I Love this conclusion so much!

Now, we must hear about your plans for setting (eg admiring all the time).

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
YAYYY! I love happy endings! :mrgreen2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting. It's natural and fancy. No disappointments for you there. You must be thrilled!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the enthusiasm everyone! Sorry I’ve been MIA for a bit, kids getting out of school and then had to work. Yes, I am really thrilled to have a pink diamond, even if it is itty bitty =)2

@LightBright, I‘ve been thinking about how I want to set it and still undecided but pretty sure I want to put it in white metal (in a ring of course). Maybe a vintage setting that has a tiny diamond I could swap out. Having a setting made is an option but not my first choice just because I don’t enjoy the process much.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!!!! I KNEW IT!

Go little guy!! Fancy & natural. It doesn’t get better than that :kiss2:

Can’t wait to see what you decide to do with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results