shape
carat
color
clarity

A pink diamond story

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
That’s awesome, I honestly saw the brown notation but pictures can be so hard to tell. Glad it came back brownish pink and not pinkish brown. I also had a feeling I’d be natural. Congrats girl.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a thought this morning, how about an onyx ring with a diamond, like this:

4F0FE3D9-3CC5-40A3-B34C-F469D89AE420.jpeg

The onyx would give the ring presence and would look interesting with the pink. I would go for something less ornate. It would probably be relatively easy to find a ring that would work since the diamonds In these rings are about the same size in mm as mine.

Thoughts?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to this! :love:
The onyx and white metal would be a lovely background for your diamond. Rather than yellow or rose gold imo.

Or different mid century era tank/foilate/floral/spray/waterfall or wider band type ring with some asymmetry going on if a central stone to swap out doesn’t make sense, for finger coverage if stacking wasn’t the goal - was my first thoughts.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! Will kee
I had a thought this morning, how about an onyx ring with a diamond, like this:

4F0FE3D9-3CC5-40A3-B34C-F469D89AE420.jpeg

The onyx would give the ring presence and would look interesting with the pink. I would go for something less ornate. It would probably be relatively easy to find a ring that would work since the diamonds In these rings are about the same size in mm as mine.

Thoughts?

I love this idea! How fun it will be to hunt for this. Will follow and thanks for the excitement!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got her back! Took a pic with the report (number edited out because It seemed like a good idea) and on a black wallet to test out the onyx ring idea. She really pops against the black so that seems like the way to go. I was a wreck until I got her back in her plastic holder and that’s where she will stay until her permanent home.

A1C34C0D-66B7-4983-89DE-E4C3B13B1F5C.jpeg

46E12810-293C-49E0-936B-0FCEF379DB11.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Just got her back! Took a pic with the report (number edited out because It seemed like a good idea) and on a black wallet to test out the onyx ring idea. She really pops against the black so that seems like the way to go. I was a wreck until I got her back in her plastic holder and that’s where she will stay until her permanent home.

A1C34C0D-66B7-4983-89DE-E4C3B13B1F5C.jpeg

46E12810-293C-49E0-936B-0FCEF379DB11.jpeg

:love:I really dig the Onyx ring idea, it really is the very best way to showcase this little pink lovely!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure @Lookinagain, anyone who enjoys to hunt, please keep an eye out. I don’t have super specific criteria but I am looking for:

Something that can be sized to at least an 8, 8 1/2 is even better

White gold

Has to accommodate a .01 carat diamond, measurements are 1.39 x 1.43 x .95

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH just said he has an onyx ring I can use, when I asked if it had a diamond in it he said no. So I told him it has to have a diamond because I don’t know anyone who can do that kind of work. Then he says:

”I can do it, that’s what Gorilla glue is for” :doh:

Why do I even engage in these conversations! :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure @Lookinagain,

Something that can be sized to at least an 8, 8 1/2 is even better

White gold

Has to accommodate a .01 carat diamond, measurements are 1.39 x 1.43 x .95

just to make sure, you want the whole ring to be white gold and not just the part surrounding the diamond? Most of the onyx rings I see are yellow gold and many are only 10k. for instance, this pretty one. Wrong size I know, but could probably have a piece put into the shank....but it's yellow.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just to make sure, you want the whole ring to be white gold and not just the part surrounding the diamond? Most of the onyx rings I see are yellow gold and many are only 10k. for instance, this pretty one. Wrong size I know, but could probably have a piece put into the shank....but it's yellow.

I think as long as the area immediately around the diamond is white gold, that is what I’m most concerned about. I like that ring you posted, I have a bunch of rings saved from EBay and Etsy. Unable to pull the trigger on anything though because work has been so busy, holiday decorating, and we are getting a new kitty. So it may be a bit…..:roll2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think as long as the area immediately around the diamond is white gold, that is what I’m most concerned about. I like that ring you posted, I have a bunch of rings saved from EBay and Etsy. Unable to pull the trigger on anything though because work has been so busy, holiday decorating, and we are getting a new kitty. So it may be a bit…..:roll2:

***###!!!New kitty!!!###***
Do tell!

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing what you finally decide on for a setting.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Lookinagain, I did see the one you shared here, I’ve been looking here and there and just came across this one tonight.

I think the box may be an Orange Blossom ring box, that would be a nice bonus!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just seeing this post now and catching up on all the activity. Can't believe I missed this. What a find!! The onyx setting you shared is beautiful and a great deal, it seems. I also love the pendant you shared in the first page. Wherever it lands, I'm sure it will be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it set. Enjoy this beautiful treasure!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just seeing this post now and catching up on all the activity. Can't believe I missed this. What a find!! The onyx setting you shared is beautiful and a great deal, it seems. I also love the pendant you shared in the first page. Wherever it lands, I'm sure it will be beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it set. Enjoy this beautiful treasure!!

Thanks! Yeah this was a fun experience for sure and it will be really great to have it set and be able to wear it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things may be wrapping up on this project sooner than I thought and that is very exciting!

Picked up the ring today and the single cut diamond looks to be right about the same size. Called a jeweler in town that has done work for me before and they said to bring it on in and they can set the diamond and size the ring and I could have it back by tomorrow.

Here are some pictures right after I picked the onyx ring up, this was a FB Marketplace find and the box is by Dennison, Art Deco!

8C8EF370-42DA-422E-917B-FFAAC3CB5EB3.jpeg

CCBDB374-66BA-424D-93A3-674CD3AFA25C.jpeg

A5441CDA-D784-443F-AF9E-B8D5F7DFB1CF.jpeg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh My it looks gorgeous and perfect!!!!!
I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!!
I’m envious that you have a good bench jeweler, whom you trust with this project.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Great ring and awesome box!
I think you'll be wearing this fabulous ring just in time for Christmas!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My it looks gorgeous and perfect!!!!!
I cannot wait to see the finished ring!!!
I’m envious that you have a good bench jeweler, whom you trust with this project.

Thanks, I am really excited now and will certainly be back to share the finished ring once I have it back. Honestly, I have had a fair bit of trouble finding a decent jeweler, this one has done work for me before and they are reasonable. I am however always prepared for something to go wrong, fingers crossed that it will not be this time.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so exciting. How great that you can get it back so quickly. I can't wait to see it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well bad news, it is too small to swap the diamonds out :cry2: I actually got a second opinion and both told me the same thing. Drat!

So rather than end up with a collection of rings while trying to find a fit, I‘m just going to keep it as a loose specimen stone for now. Maybe down the line I’ll have a custom setting made for it. Sorry all, I know that is not the storybook ending :doh:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well bad news, it is too small to swap the diamonds out :cry2: I actually got a second opinion and both told me the same thing. Drat!

So rather than end up with a collection of rings while trying to find a fit, I‘m just going to keep it as a loose specimen stone for now. Maybe down the line I’ll have a custom setting made for it. Sorry all, I know that is not the storybook ending :doh:

Ahh, that's unfortunate.
Can you have it placed back into the original ring, for now?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results