shape
carat
color
clarity

A little package arrived today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
from Pearlman's!!!!
36.gif
I waited all day, and it finally arrived at 6 pm! I just wanted to kiss the UPS man when he got to my house!!!! LOL!!! He definitely thought I was a wacko!
2.gif

As some of you know, I have been strongly considering re-setting my 1.75 ec solitaire into a new setting that would allow a w-band to sit flush. My current e-ring will allow NOTHING to sit flush with it, it is so low, and I know inevitably it would really bother me.... it bothers me already and I am not even married yet!!!

I wanted to keep the band thin, but possibly go with something a little more bling-y. I called Bill Pearlman, who is an absolute doll, and he spent almost an hr on the phone with me just chatting and reviewing all of the options. I let him know that I was interested in one of the Gumuchian settings on his site (the pave one with the big EC in it) and the Ritani endless love mounting. He said both mountings can be made for an ec. He then made the generous offer to send me the settings so that I can inspect them in person...how great is that???? Anyway, that was Wednesday, and I knew they were coming today, so I have been waiting patiently ever since...
3.gif

Please, give me your opinions on the two settings and what you think would look best with my stone....
2.gif

So, without further ado- PICS for my PS friends!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Warning: there are lots!!
11.gif

First, the Ritani set (I think with a princess CZ)...

dsone.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#2...

dstwo.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#3....

dsthree.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#4...great bathroom lighting....

dsfour.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
More...

dsten.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Now, the Gumuchian Fils setting- this is really gorgeous too ( set with a round stone here)....

dseight.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
More...

dsnine.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Another...

dsseven.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of my ring next to the Ritani set....how do you think my stone would look with it?
33.gif

dsfive.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Another of the two rings...

dsfourte.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Almost done...

dstwelve.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Whew!! I am tired!!!

Please let me hear all of your opinions on the settings....The Gumuchian is a little thicker than the Ritani, which I think is like 1.5 mm for the e-ring and 1.8mm for the w-band? I dont know the exact width on the Gumuchian- I would guess around 2mm? Both sets are exceptionally well made though. Tough choice, but I am thinking I like the Ritani better with my stone...

dssix.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Dani, they are both beautiful. The Ratini set is so delicate--very beauiful on your hand. Your EC will look stunning in either. I wonder if the Ratini is too thin and delicate for your stone. But honestly I''m glad it''s not me having to decide becasue they both are so gorgeous. I love the sparkly bands. Good luck with your choice. (I think I am leaning towards the Ratini!!)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I have to say that I like the Ritani better w/ your stone as well...the Gumuchian Fils setting is pretty, but the Ritani would complement your stone better. BTW, I found this pic on the Pearlman''s website (I hope you don''t mind me posting it) to give a better idea of the Gumuchain setting w/ an EC...
2.gif

GumuchianFils2558.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Um . . . don''t be mad at me, Dani, but your ring is among my favorite on PS. I love it the way it is!!!!!!! It is so classic. I can see where a wedding band wouldn''t fit with it, but I love it.

If you change settings, I would definitely choose the Ritani over the other. It is so delicate. It''ll make your stone appear that much bigger. (Besides, I''m biased because my w-band and e-ring shank are the same width and look as the Ritani
2.gif
)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BlingDiva- I wanted to post that pic, but I forgot to-yes, that is exactly the same setting I have here. I wish it was sent with an ec just so I can see, but I think I could tell that the Ritani would look better with my stone...I think??

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ritani dahling, Ritani. Hands down. That setting will look AMAZING with your stone. I know that it is a thinner and more delicate setting but I haven''t heard of any problems with their shanks. RITANI!!!!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Dani, I agree....the Ritani seems to just blend with your emerald cut. Like they were made for each other.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 9:04:20 PM
Author: lizz
Um . . . don''t be mad at me, Dani, but your ring is among my favorite on PS. I love it the way it is!!!!!!! It is so classic. I can see where a wedding band wouldn''t fit with it, but I love it.

If you change settings, I would definitely choose the Ritani over the other. It is so delicate. It''ll make your stone appear that much bigger. (Besides, I''m biased because my w-band and e-ring shank are the same width and look as the Ritani
2.gif
)
Ohh- thanks so much, Lizz!!! I am flattered! I love my ring too, but I really want to be able to wear both rings on my finger without it looking strange. I am not 100 percent sure what I am going to do yet though....it is a hard decision!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think I shouldn't change my setting??? Please be honest! I am the queen of indecision!!!!
6.gif

Thank you FG and Susi!!!!
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the Ritani! It looks really elegant with your EC! I also love your solitaire, but, I do understand wanting your rings to be flush. I could really see it with a BIG eternity band...IF it could sit even mostly flush. What fun choices you have. Pearlman''s sounds great!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 8:48:14 PM
Author: Dani
Now, the Gumuchian Fils setting- this is really gorgeous too ( set with a round stone here)....
this one sits too high for my taste, but some like that... the other one the bands are too thin for my taste but some like that too LOL I get the feeling you like the ritani better because you posted like 3x more pics of it!! ;-)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Dani, if it were me, I would have a custom-made 2 mm plain platinum band made with a gap in the middle so your e-ring would sit flush with it. If you know what I mean? I saw someone had that recently, I believe it was on PS?

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH Dani...how much fun!!!!
1.gif

I'm surprised you got so many votes for the Ritani....I think they BOTH look great with your beautiful EC!!

Does one or the other "feel" sturdier or heavier? If so, I'd probably go with that one. It seems there are so many stories going around of bent shanks, lost melee, etc etc.

Could you post some pictures of of the two mountings next to each other from different angles? It would be fun to compare them that way....

Honestly....I don't think you can go wrong with either one!
30.gif

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ritani!! personally EC solitaires for me don''t rreally pack much of a punch because the stone is so simple...i think the ritani would be fab with your stone, add a bit of ''razzle dazzle'' to the EC! sometimes i think that RB''s with pave are too busy because the RB is typically so showstopping due to facet sparkles, but i think with an EC it can benefit a bit from some extra sparkle going on on the sides. plus that ritani looks fab on your hand, the EC in it will be just stunning IMO!!! and super classic still. the GF setting is a bit more ''elaborate'' than i think you''d be happy with in the end. good luck!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, tough choice cause I love them both. But guess I would vote for the Ritani setting for your gorgeous stone!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dani the other thing i would say about getting eternity rings is the thinner bands will make your stone look larger longer! hehee. aka it''s kind of like minusing DSS...for a while. too thick of rings could make your EC look smaller-ish.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone for all of your feeback!!!

So, besides Lizz
2.gif
, does everyone agree that I 1) should change my setting and 2) go for the Ritani? I feel somewhat sentimental giving up my setting, because I do love it, but I feel like it needs a little more, and that I want my rings to sit flush. I feel so bad about making this change though!!

Widget- you asked for more pics of side-by-side comparisons!! So let me deliver!!!
2.gif

bathpicone.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 9:06:52 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ritani dahling, Ritani. Hands down. That setting will look AMAZING with your stone. I know that it is a thinner and more delicate setting but I haven''t heard of any problems with their shanks. RITANI!!!!!

ditto for me too. Gosh, the Ritani''s are just my absolute favorite right now. I LOVE how it looks on you and mara''s right, the bands really do make the stone look huge. But, they are more subtle sparkle so if you''re wanting a more blingy look the GF would obviously be better. I really do like them both though and either would look gorgeous with your stone.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Please excuse my nasty cuticles...I am SO in need of a manicure!!!

bathpictwo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results