shape
carat
color
clarity

A little package arrived today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, mrssalvo!!! I am thinking that I will wait until after the holidays to place the order...we are not getting married till 9/28/07, so I have plenty of time. When I order it, I will most likely order both the e-ring and the w-band at the same time, or maybe I will order 2 to stack when I am not wearing my e-ring??? Not sure yet. I am nervous about sending my ring through the mail though- EEK!!!
emcrook.gif

I just hope I am covering all of my bases- are there any other settings out there I should consider?? Just want to make sure. I really love the Ritani though- not sure if I could really like something more...Thanks again!!

When is your trip to Chicago? Do you think you will be deciding soon on your upgrade?

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 12:36:37 PM
Author: Dani
Thanks, mrssalvo!!! I am thinking that I will wait until after the holidays to place the order...we are not getting married till 9/28/07, so I have plenty of time. When I order it, I will most likely order both the e-ring and the w-band at the same time, or maybe I will order 2 to stack when I am not wearing my e-ring??? Not sure yet. I am nervous about sending my ring through the mail though- EEK!!!
emcrook.gif

I just hope I am covering all of my bases- are there any other settings out there I should consider?? Just want to make sure. I really love the Ritani though- not sure if I could really like something more...Thanks again!!

When is your trip to Chicago? Do you think you will be deciding soon on your upgrade?
Just found this thread on a search for Ritani. Glad to hear that you made your decision and that Ritani can custom the claws the way you want it. I think the basket for your EC will be even more stunning than the sample you had with the princess cut. BTW, your current setting is lovely as well...I''m sure you will have fun finding a replacement stone to set in there.

Regarding the highlighted text - I have been thinking the same thing as I was searching for a setting. I have not seen a setting as thin or delicate as the Ritani and from reading the forums here, it just solidified my decision to choose that setting as well. Quite honestly, I did not instantly fall in love with the Ritani the first time I tried it on because I had the Cartier soltaire setting on my mind. But after reading so many great things about the Ritani setting here and going back to try it on a second time, I have definitely made up my mind and know that is the one for me. You said you really love the Ritani so trust your heart and take the pludge with confidence and don''t look back!

It''s a good idea to order the w-band(s) at the same time so they will size all the rings to match exactly. I think I will do the same when I get mine. Don''t know if you plan to wear the 2 w-bands stacked above and below the e-ring but i read somewhere here that people said that the two w-bands make your stone look smaller...but I think that was with a RB so I don''t know if it would have the same effect with your EC.

Good luck with this and please post pics when you get it. I''m sure it will turn out to be all that you have hoped for.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
get the ritani...there are a ton of settings out there but nothing REALLY like the ritani rings. and from what we have seen on here they have wonderful customer service if you can be persistent with things. with someone like pearlman''s relationship with ritani on your side, i think you will be just fine with them.

ritani seems really great about modifying their settings which is awesome, some designers won''t even consider making something ''different'' on their setting because it could dilute their visual brand. but i think making the customer happy is just as positive since they will rave about the designer and company to everyone. plus then it lets people have the best of both worlds, tiny modifications make a huge difference.

my girlfriend who got her ring from BBB had to FIGHT to get them to remake her wedding band the same width as the e-ring but finally after much persistence (who knows if BBB was even asking Ritani or just telling her it couldn''t be done), and three ''no''s''.... Ritani agreed to do it (like they did with Kayla) and she is ectsatic now. and her set looks that much better now..and more perfect for her.

keep us posted, i can''t wait to see the results!!! that EC will be wonderful in that skinny pave setting with that lovely scoopy head.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your input Teetee!! The Ritani really is gorgeous and a great choice!! What kind of stone will you be setting into it?

Mara- Thanks again for all of your help. Re: your gf having her w-band remade, do you think it really made much of a difference? You could definitely tell visually that the 2 bands are different widths, but I was just wondering why she did it....maybe I will do the same? If it looks that much better I may consider it. And you think I should go with the claws?
emwink.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely do claws! why not? i doubt Ritani would agree to do them now unless they had worked out the snags. but i would ask Bill anyway just to confirm that it is okay and it''s covered by warranty if something happens and all that.

on the 2 bands, I haven''t seen hers side by side since the redo since she isn''t married yet, but yes i do think it would look much better. kayla''s were redone as well. for me the ritani w-ring doesn''t quite match the e-ring. that difference kind of visually bugged me. i figure since they are making your rings anyway, why not ask for them to be the same width??? then it''s a true matching set. but this is coming from someone who loves matchy stuff. luckily my 2 rings are just a HAIR different but visually you can''t really see it since they were made the same way. but for me the ritani w-ring also had a slightly different ''look'' to it, it was not just the width difference, it seemed like it was a bit more ''detailed'' in a way?? if that makes sense.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 2:04:37 PM
Thanks so much for your input Teetee!! The Ritani really is gorgeous and a great choice!! What kind of stone will you be setting into it?

Mara- Thanks again for all of your help. Re: your gf having her w-band remade, do you think it really made much of a difference? You could definitely tell visually that the 2 bands are different widths, but I was just wondering why she did it....maybe I will do the same? If it looks that much better I may consider it. And you think I should go with the claws?
emwink.gif
I''ve always wanted an RB for an e-ring because it is classic and will never go out of style. I am not even going to consider other shapes because that will make me crazier than I am already, hahaha. I am actually asking for advice on choosing a stone over in the Rocky Talky forum right now.

I didn''t even realize that the Ritani w-band is not the same width as the the e-ring. That is definiately something to keep in mind...the different widths would bother me too. There are so many pave w-band options on the Ritani website (or was it on the BB&B site...I forget) I coudn''t figure out which one went with the e-ring setting. What''s weird is when I tried the e-ring the second time at BB&B, the w-band they gave me to try on did not sit exactly flush next to the e-ring. I just assumed that he gave me a w-band that wasn''t the exact match for the e-ring but when I mentioned it, the sales guy said that there will always be a small gap with this e-ring because the basket sat lower. I just kind of thought he didn''t know because others on here said that the Ritani''s were made to fit flush with the w-band. That is so weird...I wonder why they don''t have a w-band that is exactly the same as the e-ring. I''m interested to hear more about this.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 2:32:50 PM
Author: teetee

Date: 9/30/2006 2:04:37 PM

emwink.gif
I''ve always wanted an RB for an e-ring because it is classic and will never go out of style. I am not even going to consider other shapes because that will make me crazier than I am already, hahaha. I am actually asking for advice on choosing a stone over in the Rocky Talky forum right now.

I didn''t even realize that the Ritani w-band is not the same width as the the e-ring. That is definiately something to keep in mind...the different widths would bother me too. There are so many pave w-band options on the Ritani website (or was it on the BB&B site...I forget) I coudn''t figure out which one went with the e-ring setting. What''s weird is when I tried the e-ring the second time at BB&B, the w-band they gave me to try on did not sit exactly flush next to the e-ring. I just assumed that he gave me a w-band that wasn''t the exact match for the e-ring but when I mentioned it, the sales guy said that there will always be a small gap with this e-ring because the basket sat lower. I just kind of thought he didn''t know because others on here said that the Ritani''s were made to fit flush with the w-band. That is so weird...I wonder why they don''t have a w-band that is exactly the same as the e-ring. I''m interested to hear more about this.
Teetee-
If it was the Endless Love e-ring mounting, it should definitely sit flush with its matching w-band. My guess is that it wasnt that setting.

As far the as the widths of the rings, if you check out the earlier pics in this thread, I think I wrote that the e-ring is like 1.5mm and the w-band is about 1.8 mm? There is only a slight, slight difference. Not sure why Ritani does it that way, but it still looks good. But if I order this setting, I will probably request that they make both bands the same width.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results