shape
carat
color
clarity

A little package arrived today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mssalvo- you''re here!! I was hoping you would chime in!!!
2.gif

What do you think?? Should I change my setting?
I told you, we should be Ritani twins!!!
2.gif

bathpicthree.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just saw the new pics you added.

hmmm. that GF is really, really nice and I do like how it''s a bit thicker, a little more substantial. Is there a direction your leaning?

I totally understand wanting to reset to something that will allow a wedding band to sit flush, so I say GO FOR IT
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I feel like a crazy photo-posting psycho!!!!!
11.gif

bpicfive.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now....wow bathrooms really do have the best lighting!!!
2.gif
3.gif

bpicsix.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dani,

So I agree that I love your set as it is...but change is good too!!

My vote is for the Ritani, it just looks "right."

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the thinner ones. I think it would really make your EC the center of attention! The other rings are too thick and it would just make your stone blend all in together. I can''t wait to see what you decide to go with. Love your EC
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to add that i just love the sideview of the ritani with the pave basket that i know you already have on your ring now. just that little touch is perfection to me. i really do think that set would look incredible with your stone
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I like both options. I think the Ritani will look better with the EC than the other, I think that one looks great with a round!

How long do you get to keep them both to decide?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 9:26:43 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 9/22/2006 8:48:14 PM

Author: Dani

Now, the Gumuchian Fils setting- this is really gorgeous too ( set with a round stone here)....

this one sits too high for my taste, but some like that... the other one the bands are too thin for my taste but some like that too LOL I get the feeling you like the ritani better because you posted like 3x more pics of it!! ;-)

I agree. I like the ritani better between the two. I think you should change your setting because you said yourself you were bothered by the fact a WB could not sit flush. I am like you and it was really important to me to wear my e-ring and WB on the same finger. I do think part of the problem is the way it was set (too low to allow flush fit) so I am curious that you didn''t look at other solitaires if you love your current setting so much.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m in the clear minority here, but I MUCH prefer the GF....It''s still delicate, but I like it''s substance.

It looks to me like it would hold up better being worn every day for the next fifty or so years...
2.gif

widget

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 10:35:54 PM
Author: Sophie
I like both options. I think the Ritani will look better with the EC than the other, I think that one looks great with a round!

How long do you get to keep them both to decide?
Sophie-

Thanks! I get to keep them till Monday to decide.....
11.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 10:35:53 PM
Author: mrssalvo
just wanted to add that i just love the sideview of the ritani with the pave basket that i know you already have on your ring now. just that little touch is perfection to me. i really do think that set would look incredible with your stone
30.gif
Thanks mrssalvo!!

I am definitely leaning towards the Ritani- I love the GF, but not with my stone. It is a little too blingy- I dont want anything to compete with my ec...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 10:42:50 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 9/22/2006 9:26:43 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 9/22/2006 8:48:14 PM

Author: Dani

Now, the Gumuchian Fils setting- this is really gorgeous too ( set with a round stone here)....

this one sits too high for my taste, but some like that... the other one the bands are too thin for my taste but some like that too LOL I get the feeling you like the ritani better because you posted like 3x more pics of it!! ;-)

I agree. I like the ritani better between the two. I think you should change your setting because you said yourself you were bothered by the fact a WB could not sit flush. I am like you and it was really important to me to wear my e-ring and WB on the same finger. I do think part of the problem is the way it was set (too low to allow flush fit) so I am curious that you didn''t look at other solitaires if you love your current setting so much.
Tacori-

Well- I love my setting, but I think I am just being a little sentimental about giving it up. But honestly, I want my new setting to have a little more "razzle dazzle" as Mara put it. LOL! The Ritani gives it just that little extra pizzaz it needs without being overwhelming...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 10:44:14 PM
Author: widget
Well, I'm in the clear minority here, but I MUCH prefer the GF....It's still delicate, but I like it's substance.

It looks to me like it would hold up better being worn every day for the next fifty or so years...
2.gif

widget
Widget-

Thanks for your feedback! I love your taste, so I really value your opinion. I love the GF- it is really pretty. If I had a round stone, it would be a really hard decision. But with my ec, I am afraid it will be too much. The Ritani bands are delicate, but they do have some substance to them and are really well made. And I am not one to wear my rings constantly- especially when I am "roughing" it- so I dont think I am really someone that is tough on their jewelry at all. I am a nurse, so I never wear my ring to work...I would probably mangle it in a heartbeat if I did! That's why it is just better left home, where its safe...
2.gif
I am not really concerned about damage to the rings. But I do agree with you- both sets are GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The Ritani would make that EC pop more, the stones in the GF look a bit large for the EC to me. Your old setting I would love to see a stately blue sapphire in.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I like the look of the GF on the website MUCH better than I like it in person (and your photos). It was one of my favorites on Pearlman''s site too when I was looking. He sent us the two settings we liked best to choose from...SO nice!!!! But with your stone...definitely go for the Ritani! I just don''t like the side view of the GF...it''s too much like the Precision Set look with the bar underneath, and it just isn''t my favorite. Plus, I just don''t think those bigger round pave stones would compliment your stone as much as the tinier pave on the Ritani. Not that I don''t liek the GF, don''t get me wrong...but I think the choice is easy for your EC...RITANI!!! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 11:14:29 PM
Author: FacetFire
Honestly, I like the look of the GF on the website MUCH better than I like it in person (and your photos). It was one of my favorites on Pearlman''s site too when I was looking. He sent us the two settings we liked best to choose from...SO nice!!!! But with your stone...definitely go for the Ritani! I just don''t like the side view of the GF...it''s too much like the Precision Set look with the bar underneath, and it just isn''t my favorite. Plus, I just don''t think those bigger round pave stones would compliment your stone as much as the tinier pave on the Ritani. Not that I don''t liek the GF, don''t get me wrong...but I think the choice is easy for your EC...RITANI!!! :)
I agree with you, Facetfire. I was a bit taken back when I saw the GF setting in person- I expected it to be different. Not in its structure- it is well made- just in its overall look.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Dani! I hope you are doing well! I know you have been debating this for a long time. You know I love your current solitaire, and do I remember correctly that it has some pave around the basket or on the head somewhere? Could you humor me and post a pic of it next to the ritani wedding band (even though they won''t fit flush)? Maybe with a sideview too to see how the pave looks together? Is that a possibility you''re considering?
I know it''s a hard decision. Of the new settings I much prefer the ritani - I love it, and if it looks that good with the princess can you imagine how awesome it will look with your stone! But it would be sad to see your current setting go, since it is so beautiful. Your ring is one of my favorites - love that HUGE emerald!!! If it were me, I''d consider getting a plat band with a cutout (and maybe getting them soldered) or maybe getting an eternity band with baguettes or asschers or something similar, and living with the gap. But if it would bug you too much, fugetaboutit!
Another option of course is to keep your ring a stand alone. It certainly could be.
and another possibility - sorry to be all over teh place with ideas - if you did go with the reset, you could use your original setting as a fabulous gemstone RH ring - I''m thinking an EC emerald or sapphire or aquamarine would look awesome in there!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Guess what - you can''t go wrong. Both are very nice.

The Ritani is lower and that might be better. If you can deal with the height, I think the GF is more luxe looking. I like it a lot! It might make your Emerald cut feel like it''s perching up there, which could be a disad.

The Ritani, being very simple, will continue the elegant look of your prior setting, but bumping up the bling factor.

I guess if I were pushed, I would suggest the Ritani.

Yes, I would reset. What you have is very nice, but if you cannot put anything next to it, well that is a bummer.
7.gif
. You can go band crazy with whichever new setting you pick, which will give you lots of future shopping excuses!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 11:35:19 PM
Author: gailrmv
hi Dani! I hope you are doing well! I know you have been debating this for a long time. You know I love your current solitaire, and do I remember correctly that it has some pave around the basket or on the head somewhere? Could you humor me and post a pic of it next to the ritani wedding band (even though they won''t fit flush)? Maybe with a sideview too to see how the pave looks together? Is that a possibility you''re considering?
I know it''s a hard decision. Of the new settings I much prefer the ritani - I love it, and if it looks that good with the princess can you imagine how awesome it will look with your stone! But it would be sad to see your current setting go, since it is so beautiful. Your ring is one of my favorites - love that HUGE emerald!!! If it were me, I''d consider getting a plat band with a cutout (and maybe getting them soldered) or maybe getting an eternity band with baguettes or asschers or something similar, and living with the gap. But if it would bug you too much, fugetaboutit!
Another option of course is to keep your ring a stand alone. It certainly could be.
and another possibility - sorry to be all over teh place with ideas - if you did go with the reset, you could use your original setting as a fabulous gemstone RH ring - I''m thinking an EC emerald or sapphire or aquamarine would look awesome in there!
Hi Gail!

Hope all is well with you! I am glad you responded too!! I took some more pics for ya!!!
2.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late, and I''m in the minority, but I love your current setting. If it were me I''d have a "gapped" band made with a second regular one to wear alone. Your ring is so pretty and classic I''m afraid you''ll regret giving it up.
6.gif

If I''m choosing between the two you posted, though, I vote the Ritani. Happy choosing!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here ya go! Geez, this picture-posting stuff takes a lot out of you!!

original 001.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
and more...with the Ritani

original 002.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Are you getting tired of me yet???
2.gif

original 003.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock

original 004.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Some pics of the pave basket on my ring....

original 005.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock

original 006.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
last one...

original 007.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2006 9:41:38 PM
Author: widget
OH Dani...how much fun!!!!
1.gif

I''m surprised you got so many votes for the Ritani....I think they BOTH look great with your beautiful EC!!

Does one or the other ''feel'' sturdier or heavier? If so, I''d probably go with that one. It seems there are so many stories going around of bent shanks, lost melee, etc etc.

Could you post some pictures of of the two mountings next to each other from different angles? It would be fun to compare them that way....

Honestly....I don''t think you can go wrong with either one!
30.gif

widget
I''ll have to agree with Widget on the potential durability issues. I just think there will turn out to be problems with bands as thin as that particular Ritani. I''ve seen them in person and they are pretty, but you are talking about very thin bands with holes for melee. That means they are going to be more prone to bending, etc. over the other setting. So I''d choose the other one. I thought the picture of it with the EC stone was beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two new ideas...I think you could leave your head as is and have a new shank made that would lift your head up a little and allow you to keep the beautiful head that is now on your ring!!! That would be my first preference.

Then the other idea is that Ritani makes many, many settings similar to this one that have bands with a little more substance. A 2.5mm band is still very thin but would probably be safer with pave. With this set, I think your stone is going to overhang the wedding band by a good bit. I''m just not sure how that will look.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results