shape
carat
color
clarity

A flamboyance of flamingos!!!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful set, the pink of the rose gold is perfection to the stones coloring :appl:

And I so envy you your ability to wear stacked rings

my fingers are so stumpy I can only manage one ring at a time. Are their other ladies in the same boat?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1423402120|3829272 said:
Hi! I don't want to thread jack your gorgeous set- but my cads were recently posted on her social media - I am currently awaiting a sterling prototype bc I just want to make sure of the feel in person this time, before we go to the platinum version! Thank you again for sharing this thread, I love your set!

What a sensible way to move forward to have your ring made in silver first! What does your center stone look like? Is it an emerald cut?
Looking forward to seeing your new project come to live. You have such excellent taste.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sphene|1423402693|3829276 said:
What a beautiful set, the pink of the rose gold is perfection to the stones coloring :appl:

And I so envy you your ability to wear stacked rings

my fingers are so stumpy I can only manage one ring at a time. Are their other ladies in the same boat?

Perhaps a very delicate set of stackers could work well for you.
I love the look of one statement ring as well as a good set of stackers.
Thank you for your kind words :D

_26838.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words Acinom! Yes EC stone. Yes, I realized on big custom projects, the wax just isn't enough for me - I need metal to see a glimpse of how it will translate. It was only a small additional fee, but for me, it felt like a good step (and I am surprised I haven't seen it done before here but maybe for others, they are just better than I at interpreting waxes?)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1423403567|3829282 said:
Thank you for your kind words Acinom! Yes EC stone. Yes, I realized on big custom projects, the wax just isn't enough for me - I need metal to see a glimpse of how it will translate. It was only a small additional fee, but for me, it felt like a good step (and I am surprised I haven't seen it done before here but maybe for others, they are just better than I at interpreting waxes?)

Wow, if it's the one I think it is, it will be an amazing ring! You might have started a trend here with a 'silver wax' instead of a wax.
Very wise of you to take it step by step in this new project.
What is the mm size of your center stone?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
8.04 x 5.32

I think for straightforward custom, it might not be necessary. Yet for me, I have had a couple of custom pieces that had I worn a silver version first, I think I could've tweaked to my liking. The wax just doesn't do it for me and sometimes the wax doesn't even fit my finger.

It has been dreamy working with Caysie and her attention to detail has been wonderful. I have had pretty specific ideas in mind except for the gallery so it is wonderful to see it all coming together.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
hehe :wavey: It was done the start of December, so we are still honeymooning. I think like a lot of us, I went through a few things before I got it right. Always lovely, but never captivated me or help my attentiion. But this one is *my* ring. I lusted after it for years, but it took me a while to get it. :)

I love that last pic your posted. :love: The colour is so edible... :lickout: and the carving is amazing. They really captured that VC quality, and that is hard to do.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!! Your new set of rings is stunning!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
The pink stone looks absolutely awesome with the rose gold and on your finger it's perfection X 3!! :love: :love: :love:

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
I love your group shot! I'm a colored stone lover too! So many pretties! I have a green tourmaline. From jeff white to set, may I ask for a link to see if I can find a setting from your vendor?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you artdecolover, jenncent, Rubies-R-Me and sapphirecats :wavey:

That's a nice substantial EC artdecolover. The CAD's for your ring look great and I am sure the end result will be as well. Caysie makes great design choices.

I am sure you will love your ring for a loooooong time Jenncent. Frenchies will always have a vintage art deco, yet very new and updated look.

Thank Rubies-R-Me! I am so glad I chose the rose gold to combine with this stone.

Would love to see a photo of your stone sapphirecats.
Are you referring to the jeweller of the rose gold set? Her name is Caysie of CVB Inspired design: https://www.etsy.com/people/cvbgraphix . You may also find her on Facebook.
Since you are referring to the group shot, I will give the names of the other vendors as well. Let me know which one you mean and I will provide you with the right link.
From left to right:
- blue Sapphire ring - vintage from a local jeweller.
- bleu Paraiba ring with straight french cut shank - setting by Leon Mege (handforged rings only)
- blue-green Afghan Tourmaline - setting by Victor Canera (handforged rings only)
- teal blue Zircon ring - halo setting by Victor Canera
- magenta Rubellite Tourmaline ring - setting by Brilliantly Engaged (this ring was made via CAD/CAST, they do handforged settings only)

_27075.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
ahhhh your collection is so delish Acinom!

Received the silver this week and making a couple of tweaks, but even the silver (without carving and millegrain) was still pretty fabulous! Trying to nail down final details (like to do millegrain or not on the filigree in the gallery). platinum version, next!!!

Looking forward to see your next projects as they come to fruition!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, how did I miss these??? Gorgeous just like everything you have!!! :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1424031399|3833050 said:
ahhhh your collection is so delish Acinom!

Received the silver this week and making a couple of tweaks, but even the silver (without carving and millegrain) was still pretty fabulous! Trying to nail down final details (like to do millegrain or not on the filigree in the gallery). platinum version, next!!!

Looking forward to see your next projects as they come to fruition!!

Yay! Will you post a sneak preview artdecolover :naughty:
Looking forward to see what kind of design choices you will make. I would also ask Caysie for her recommendations but the best thing is to follow your own preferences.

My current project is having my Amethyst set by BE and then having my green cab Paraiba set. After that I am actually banned, but I hope Gene will cut a blue topaz stone for me like he agreed to and I will have that one set as well.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
In my hasty rush of excitement, I didn't take photos of the silver before I pasted the all the cz versions of mq's, fc, rb, and Ec-It Is a hot mess of crazy glue now lolol.

ooooh :love: on all!! any sketches to share? lol, time frame?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1424032379|3833059 said:
Goodness, how did I miss these??? Gorgeous just like everything you have!!! :appl: :appl:

Aww, thank you so much Catmom. Thank you for your kind words

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1424032662|3833061 said:
In my hasty rush of excitement, I didn't take photos of the silver before I pasted the all the cz versions of mq's, fc, rb, and Ec-It Is a hot mess of crazy glue now lolol.

ooooh :love: on all!! any sketches to share? lol, time frame?

Artdecolover: :lol: Please do not forget to take lots of pics from the hot mess with crazy glue. :lol:
The Amethyst ring will be a very simple one in RG. It will be ready quite soon. Then I have some saving up to do in order to have the Paraiba setting created. It will be more 'complicated' so some extra time to think thing over is quite welcome. What is the expected time frame for yours?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1424032718|3833062 said:
Love the new group pic! :love: :love: :love:

I know you mentioned yellow does not suit your skin tone, however, I believe a neon yellow may work, like these two from JD:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-23CT-AA...137?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5670039fb1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-71CT-AA...653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566b65caed

I am toying with the idea of a neon yellow chrysoberyl myself in a ring as a future project, possibly a few years down the road! ;))

DK :))

DK :twisted: You are such an enabler. Marlow also adviced me to add some yellow to the mix 8-). I 8-) am not particulary fond of green/yellow on my skin, but the yellow of citrine and sapphire is growing on me. Uh oh :lol:
I was wondering whether you had heard anything from Gene lately (post Tucson). I have not heard anythink lately so I hope my blue Topaz project comes through.

Thank you for posting the links! There might indeed be some yellow in my future.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous rose gold set! You are rockin' them!!! You have a very enviable and versatile collection!!! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

I did not think yellow would work for me until another PSer suggested I have a look at the really bright/neon ones, and saw these two at JD's and thought perhaps it would work if I set one with another colour for contrast. ;))

And no, I have not heard from Gene yet, perhaps he is away from base.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1424037601|3833109 said:
dk168|1424032718|3833062 said:
Love the new group pic! :love: :love: :love:

I know you mentioned yellow does not suit your skin tone, however, I believe a neon yellow may work, like these two from JD:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-23CT-AA...137?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5670039fb1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-71CT-AA...653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566b65caed

I am toying with the idea of a neon yellow chrysoberyl myself in a ring as a future project, possibly a few years down the road! ;))

Thank you for posting the links! There might indeed be some yellow in my future.

I hope so, Acinom! I bet this would look smashing on you!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your latest beauty Acinom, such a gorgeous set, the rose gold is yummy and the rings are so beautifully made. You have such great taste in jewelry, all your pieces are winners!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Lolol! I wish my crazy glue extravaganza photo shoot was fit for PS...

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Oh My! You do have the most incredible collection of beautiful rings!! Love your new addition! :love: :love: How do you even decide which one to wear??? I would put one on each finger! Well at least when I was home hehe. :naughty: What are you planning next? I can't wait!!!! :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Elysian! I am looking forward to see what you have been up to :naughty:
I love the ring to pendant conversion by Victor. It looks great on you.

You should really start thinking about your tent now DK. :lol:
I think yellow would look great on you and I might follow your footsteps. Leon did an inspiring yellow and blue sapphire ring :love: :love: Quite inspiring.

Apacherose: oww, you are such an enabler.

Thanks for chiming in Junebug. Thank you for your kind words. I love white metals but I have a huge soft spot for RG.

artdecolover: the crazy glue photo would be such a great contrast with your future glamour pics. 8-)

Thanks for your compliments bbziggy. I mostly wear my rings for a longer period or it depends on my mood. I indeed have more coming up... Having my amethyst set and my Cab Paraiba.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Lolol!! If I had your email, I would send them to you just so we could have a giggle! I made such a hideous mess of it all. Though sweet Caysie said otherwise, bless her heart, she's a saint. The waiting kills me, so we are working on a new setting for my oec studs ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1424127393|3833579 said:
Lolol!! If I had your email, I would send them to you just so we could have a giggle! I made such a hideous mess of it all. Though sweet Caysie said otherwise, bless her heart, she's a saint. The waiting kills me, so we are working on a new setting for my oec studs ;-)

Haha, I am super curious now. You can always add it to your future glamour Show Me The Bling Thread.
And wow! You are moving fast!! Will it be bezeled studs?

I found this pic on Caysie's Etsy page and want to post it because it shows the gallery so well.

_27112.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I love that shot...especially because of the tiny line of milgrain next to the polished filagree- gorgeous!

My studs, will be a little different then just a bezel because I have a different idea in my head (what else is new lol). I have a vision in my minds eye, but waiting on my next turn with Caysie n Shane to do the CAD's.

LouMom

Rough_Rock
So very lovely! Maybe I missed it, but what type of rose gold is this?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to look at your new lovely Acinom. So gorgeous. I love Caysie's work. :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results