clarity

#JOTW A cotton candy pink Mahenge spinel ring from David Klass

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! I love everything about this ring.:appl:

Sunshinelab

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2:This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! It is so wonderful to hear you had such an amazing experience, and it all worked out beautifully! I recently had an experience similar to this where I didn’t catch things in the CAD phase too, the designer was fantastic as well. This ring is stunningly beautiful, and I’m so glad you found the pink you were looking for and a breathtaking setting.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more pics at work. Thank you Mrs. Hanging plant for the backdrop. :mrgreen2:

EEA73A0D-0044-4FEC-9C23-5927A2A4B9BB.jpeg

5DD977BC-9E96-4026-B77C-5D441C411980.jpeg

7187937D-6868-438F-826F-EFCFDC0C63AB.jpeg

E8D2882B-C784-4BA0-9B12-C14D0C249BB4.jpeg

CFCD032A-CB28-45C2-85A7-71BE13FF5FAC.jpeg

18D9BE6E-685B-4B18-8101-969EC717AD0C.jpeg

2nd times a charm, right?! :))
I'm so happy DK was able to fix what needed to be fixed...looks like they hit another one right out of the park!!! It's So pretty!! Love the various pink tones and the setting! Congrats and enjoy @elle_71125 !!!:appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @elle_71125! What a lovely ring! And I love that beautiful center stone. :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Rectangular or square stones set in flowery clusters of diamonds have ever had some power over me - they are a shape real flowers do not do (often,) yet... - & the slight surprise of the shape keeps the jewels intriguing.

The colour is outstanding!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for such sweet compliments. I’m slowly working my way through to writing back to everyone. Gosh, I love the PS community. :kiss2:

Fabulous! Great ring just in general and the last one... great! I cannot wait for more photos. Would be interesting to see the original version that you had remade, too, if you're willing and able. :geek2: I always love a happy ending!
I should have thought of that myself. Here’s a couple pics of the original. It’s still beautiful in its own right...it just wasn’t for me. ;)2

6C714D04-B5A6-4B85-BB0C-EE31BA172DA2.jpeg 6CB4C1EB-D112-48A8-BFC3-E3EB5AC5D136.jpeg

Perfection. I’d love to hear how this ring feels to wear. It is exquisitely designed. Impeccable color combination with rose and platinum complimenting the amazing color of the spinel and each other! Wear it with joy and health!
Thank you so much. I put a lot of time into this project so I’m glad it paid off. To answer your question, it’s actually very comfortable to wear...and finger coverage galore! It does tilt a little on me (which you can see in the hand shots). To be fair, all my rings tilt on me because I size them up so they can get over my knuckles (damn you knuckles! :angryfire:). Sadly, the sizing beads can only do so much so they still tilt a bit.

That’s delicious! Beautiful job choosing the setting. It’s perfect.
Thank you so much! :mrgreen2:

Oooh this is lovely Elle! Gorgeous color, love the cut and the design and the combo of plat. & rose gold! Looking forward to finger shots and perhaps a group shot of the pink family :twisted2:
Thank you! I’ll definitely work on getting that group shot with the pinks. ;)2

I love all of them! :kiss2:

Second a group shot.
Thank you. Group shot coming soon. :D

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer gorgeousness :love:
You’re too sweet. Thank you. :love:

I'm obsessed and would love a pink spinel! Congratulations - it's an absolutely beautiful ring and I just love the true pink color :love::kiss2::geek2:
Just watch out because pink is addictive...like potato chips. :lol:

I’m really loving platinum and rose gold together. Your ring is perfection! You and DK did great.
The color combo turned out even better than I’d hoped. Thank you! :D

I freaking love your version it’s the most perfect setting ever for your newest addition! Your other spinels are all amazing as well but this takes the cake!!!:kiss2::love::love::love::love: I may borrow this idea for something of color down the road :twisted2: congrats! You have the most glorious colored collection and I love all your rings!!!!!! :love::love::love:
I’m so glad DK remade it it’s perfect now! Well done love the Rose gold and platinum combo!
Wow! Thank you so much!! :love: I was hoping you’d like it since it was greatly inspired by your original version. And feel free to borrow the idea any time you like...it’s only fair. ;)2

Btw, your new diamond ring is killer!! I’m totally in love with that double row of milgrain. Classic and gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Elle, that is freaking gorgeous!:love:
I remember when you first got that pinkilicious stone and were contemplating how to set it. Great choice! I love the the rose gold / platinum too. DK did a great job!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
You’re too sweet. Thank you. :love:

Just watch out because pink is addictive...like potato chips. :lol:

And I love potato chips too :lol::lol::lol:

The color combo turned out even better than I’d hoped. Thank you! :D

Wow! Thank you so much!! :love: I was hoping you’d like it since it was greatly inspired by your original version. And feel free to borrow the idea any time you like...it’s only fair. ;)2

Btw, your new diamond ring is killer!! I’m totally in love with that double row of milgrain. Classic and gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring, love that stone, the color is really striking!!:love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! The pink and gold is perfect!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! This is so fantastic!!! That color is amazing and the setting is soooooo beautiful. I always loved D&T's (former) yellow emerald ring and that pink looks stunning in a similar setting. I like the additions and changes you made as well. Gorgeous....and I loved the comment about the PS turnover rate lol. Isn't that the truth lol?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot pink da** that is one GORGEOUS ring @elle_71125 :kiss2::love::kiss2:
PINKalicious in every way.:love::love::love:

swooning.gif

swooningmyohmy.gif

More photos pretty pretty please.:appl:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 gosh I see what you mean about the stems! That's really unusual... :think: ... Honestly can't say that I like it, no offense to anyone who does. It would have bothered me immensely and I think you made the right decision to have it remade! I'm glad DKJ were very supportive of that process! :geek2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and oh so feminine! Love your new addition!

If you ever grow tired of your "Cherry Bomb," let me know, I love it and I'll buy it!

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! STUNNING!!!! I love the color combi and the whole ring has HUGE pretty finger coverage!!! :kiss2:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Elle, er, um...Love ALL the stones you shared!! The ring is very pretty on your hand. Enjoy, enjoy!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! that gem was in my favorites on Etsy for a quite a long time but I have never made a purchase from GranGem & don't spend that much time on Etsy. I kind of forgot about it. You turned it into a truly stunning ring! I'm calling Dibs! haha! Emerald cut is my favorite shape and I love what you did with it here!
Thank you so much. That’s quite a compliment coming from someone who loves emerald cuts. :kiss2:

What a pretty stone! The setting is beautiful for it- D&T’s was gorgeous, but I love the tweaks you did.
I, also, would like to see the original CAD and version if you are ok with that?. It’s a learning process to see, and I find it interesting.
DKJ is just so easy to work with - love them!

Is that his 18k rose?
Thank you for the compliments. :mrgreen2: Here’s the oringinal version. I’m pretty sure this was the approved CAD but they get a bit jumbled together after a while. Also, I used 14k rose gold. I wanted the gold to be as close to pink as possible and I find DK’s 18k gold to be a little more champagne than I was looking for.
53F0553D-D8C5-4570-83D2-674A6ED443C8.jpeg

Totally stunning ring!!
Thank you so much! :kiss2:

Gah that is GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you. You’re so sweet. :love:

I love the color of the stone and the setting is sublime! Truly beautiful!
Thank you! It took forever to nail down a design and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. :mrgreen2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, we need handpics!!!!
Thank you. I’ve been working on pics. It’s so hard to capture what my eyes see vs what the camera is seeing. Guess it’s one of those gems. :roll: :lol:

What a color!!! What a setting!!!
Pls do a family shot!
Oh, you’re asking for it now. I’ll have to work on a new family shot ASAP. :P2

Beautiful!
Thank you. :mrgreen2:

I love it! It’s gorgeous. I have that original ring saved too lol

Enjoy!!! The stone is a beautiful color. :love::love:
@D&T had a gorgeous original. You can’t go wrong with that in your inspiration folder. ;)2

That’s gorgeous!! What a fabulous ring. Amazing detailing. Love the side view as well. And what a stone!!!

We need handpics and a family pic
Thank you so much! :love: I’ll work on a family shot ASAP but I do have a pink rings group shot coming up...:twisted2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @elle_71125
It’s all helps in the big learning curve!
Now I’m curious to see an example of DK’s 18k rose for comparison- you wouldn’t happen to have it as well?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS
If I see it correctly that you tweaked the shoulder melee size from first to second casting- spot on choices!:love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @elle_71125
It’s all helps in the big learning curve!
Now I’m curious to see an example of DK’s 18k rose for comparison- you wouldn’t happen to have it as well?

Actually, I do! I took a video of the original ring (with stems) along with my mint garnet ring. The mint is 18k rose gold. Hope this helps. :mrgreen2:

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Love this ring! Amazing stone and setting choice. Plus emerald/octagon cut is my favourite :)

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I have admired that gem for quite some time and am so glad that you got it and hope that you share more pictures of it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your rings! I adore all shades of pink. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I never knew I’d have such a thing for pinks but here I am. :shifty:

I normally don't really gravitate to pink, but that's a beautiful ring! The setting is very special!
Thank you so much. :D

HI:

Lovely!:love:

cheers--Sharon

That is gorgeous!! I love how you get both the elegant emerald cut stone softened by the halo...simply perfect.....and that color!! :love:
It was definitely a process. I’m not a fan of emerald shapes but this gives it the perfect outline for me. Thank you. :love:

Absolutely stunning!

All kinds of deliciousness! Wow!
Talk about a striking ring!
Thank you. It’s definitely not for a wallflower (which I kinda am, actually...but not when it comes to rings. :cool2:).:lol-2:

Fantastic!!!
Thank you. :D

Second this, family pictures!
I shared the pink family together but I still have to work on that family shot. :whistle:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the pink family shots, before I was thinking are they are all fairly similar shades? I had seen the other two before but only together in bigger group shots where you cannot pick up on the differences so easily. Now I can see they are all totally different and furthermore there could be room to add to the pink collection :twisted2:
Thread highjack too where did you get your mint garnet from? Was it the gemstone project? Love that ring so much it’s just perfection.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
such a beautiful ring!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how I missed this thread. I hate t me late to the mahenge party

I too admired this stone. I’m so glad you bought it

I’m amazed by your design. :love: The various shapes (petals, rounds, emerald shape) blend so beautifully. Love the mixed metals and the bezel!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results