shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW A cotton candy pink Mahenge spinel ring from David Klass

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how many of you already know this about me but I kinda have a things for pink spinels. I just love them. :kiss2:
I started with a Mahenge spinel from CvB, which I am crazy about, but it tends to be more cherry colored (hence her name, Cherry Bomb). I still wanted a straight pink spinel without the red.
1C169800-663F-4F8E-9B73-0AE0B0FC5E9B.jpeg

So I bought this gorgeous pink cushion from @arkieb1 . Fantastic color but I still wanted that pink, pink, pink.
CE1A314C-E63E-4FEF-A482-CDABC9A3CCA5.jpeg

And then this (still to be set) pink Mahenge from GranGem. This baby has incredible fluorescence so it looks amazing under the sun. Alas, it still has a little more red than I wanted.
0BA8C5F6-513B-479B-9FCA-6F8DFBDD8D9D.jpeg

Finally, I saw this gorgeous hot pink Mahenge spinel from GranGem on Etsy.
146C1285-5F89-410A-88EB-BDD2ADDC47EE.jpeg
I was crazy about its straight up pink color but it was an emerald cut so I added it to my “favorites list” and moved on. I just don’t know what to do with emerald cut gems (way outside my wheel house :confused2:). Besides, I already have plenty of pink spinels, right? Right? Anyway, I kept going back and looking at it (because that color) but I couldn’t pull the trigger...until one day, when a gorgeous new ring popped up on here. @D&T shared her brand new creation and I practically swooned. It was stunning! For those of you who don’t remember...here you go. She has since sold it (the PS turnover rate is legendary :mrgreen2:).

6C8E0DA2-069D-4BD1-88F7-5B1A7EF18085.png

I loved the way the emerald cut had been softened with a rounder halo. This was the sign I’d been waiting for so I snapped up the emerald cut Mahenge, reached out to D&T for some helpful advice, and sent the spinel off to the wonderful David Klass Jewelry. After the standard waiting period, they were finished. Sadly, it wasn’t love at first sight. The halo had little “stems” holding it onto the center stone. I was disappointed, honestly. :(sad The stems didn’t show up during the CAD phase, unfortunately, and I wasn’t able to foresee that issue (because I still suck at reading CADs). I shared my feelings with the team at David Klass jewelry and they went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. The ring went back into production. This was all a great reminder of why I work with DKJ almost exclusively. They are freaking awesome!!! :love: :love: :love:

So I guess it’s time to share my new ring, huh? Ok, here goes...

51B31BFC-4A83-4F1F-8F92-DE2C310C51D0.jpeg

I used a combination of rose gold and platinum. So the halo and shank are platinum, while the center stone bezel and shoulders are rose gold.

Details on center stone:
Precision emerald cut pink Mahenge spinel
1.67ct
8.6x5.3x3.95
Small feather off to the side

More pics coming up. :mrgreen2:

Attachments

• 2CCD45E2-586F-478F-850D-5560ACDD6C8A.jpeg
    2CCD45E2-586F-478F-850D-5560ACDD6C8A.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 70

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous! Great ring just in general and the last one... great! I cannot wait for more photos. Would be interesting to see the original version that you had remade, too, if you're willing and able. :geek2: I always love a happy ending!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfection. I’d love to hear how this ring feels to wear. It is exquisitely designed. Impeccable color combination with rose and platinum complimenting the amazing color of the spinel and each other! Wear it with joy and health!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s delicious! Beautiful job choosing the setting. It’s perfect.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh this is lovely Elle! Gorgeous color, love the cut and the design and the combo of plat. & rose gold! Looking forward to finger shots and perhaps a group shot of the pink family :twisted2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer gorgeousness :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm obsessed and would love a pink spinel! Congratulations - it's an absolutely beautiful ring and I just love the true pink color :love::kiss2::geek2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I freaking love your version it’s the most perfect setting ever for your newest addition! Your other spinels are all amazing as well but this takes the cake!!!:kiss2::love::love::love::love: I may borrow this idea for something of color down the road :twisted2: congrats! You have the most glorious colored collection and I love all your rings!!!!!! :love::love::love:
I’m so glad DK remade it it’s perfect now! Well done love the Rose gold and platinum combo!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! that gem was in my favorites on Etsy for a quite a long time but I have never made a purchase from GranGem & don't spend that much time on Etsy. I kind of forgot about it. You turned it into a truly stunning ring! I'm calling Dibs! haha! Emerald cut is my favorite shape and I love what you did with it here!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty stone! The setting is beautiful for it- D&T’s was gorgeous, but I love the tweaks you did.
I, also, would like to see the original CAD and version if you are ok with that?. It’s a learning process to see, and I find it interesting.
DKJ is just so easy to work with - love them!

Is that his 18k rose?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah that is GORGEOUS!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of the stone and the setting is sublime! Truly beautiful!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, we need handpics!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a color!!! What a setting!!!
Pls do a family shot!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! It’s gorgeous. I have that original ring saved too lol

Enjoy!!! The stone is a beautiful color. :love::love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s gorgeous!! What a fabulous ring. Amazing detailing. Love the side view as well. And what a stone!!!

We need handpics and a family pic

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love your rings! I adore all shades of pink. Thanks for sharing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!:love:

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is gorgeous!! I love how you get both the elegant emerald cut stone softened by the halo...simply perfect.....and that color!! :love:

H

Horsegirl76

Absolutely stunning!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All kinds of deliciousness! Wow!
Talk about a striking ring!

Module

Shiny_Rock
That’s gorgeous!! What a fabulous ring. Amazing detailing. Love the side view as well. And what a stone!!!

We need handpics and a family pic
Second this, family pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results