shape
carat
color
clarity

5+ carat lab diamond - thoughts?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
The 4.33 is here. First impression - it’s icy white, very clean and well cut! That said, I can’t tell if it’s fiery enough for me. It’s incredibly bright, but I’m having trouble catching true sparks of fire across the face of the stone. I might be too critical though, or not catching the right light. :?:

Here’s a video indoor and a video and photo under that good tree lighting:

B6A27589-05AF-4A0D-AC24-A583DFBF07EF.jpeg 308FE5D0-2E5C-4B74-9A59-6BBC557BF71F.jpeg 88DE1534-BB0A-4585-88E1-3E43EEEE0E27.jpeg

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@twosanguinehearts can you take some close-up pictures of it with the pavilion up while it's on a very white surface? Let's make sure that it doesn't have slight tinting of blue in it.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
The 4.33 is here. First impression - it’s icy white, very clean and well cut! That said, I can’t tell if it’s fiery enough for me. It’s incredibly bright, but I’m having trouble catching true sparks of fire across the face of the stone. I might be too critical though, or not catching the right light. :?:

Here’s a video indoor and a video and photo under that good tree lighting:

B6A27589-05AF-4A0D-AC24-A583DFBF07EF.jpeg 308FE5D0-2E5C-4B74-9A59-6BBC557BF71F.jpeg 88DE1534-BB0A-4585-88E1-3E43EEEE0E27.jpeg

I agree, it has a lot of bright white flashes, but i don't see a ton of fire

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it has a lot of bright white flashes, but i don't see a ton of fire

Exactly! It’s not that I can’t catch some sparks but I feel like I’d know if it was a super fiery stone! I had a 5+ natural diamond for a beat last year and I think that one was more obvious with the fire. I do love how white this one is but not sure if that’s enough for me.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Hard to tell. Do your eyes see any hints of very light blue/teal/turquoise, especially near the edges of the girdle when looking at it from the side profile?

Another thing to try: take it into a dark room and shine your phone's LED on it in flashlight mode to see if any fire is produced.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous in the photos, but you have to love it. Do you have a super ideal cut of any size that you can compare it to side-by-side?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous in the photos, but you have to love it. Do you have a super ideal cut of any size that you can compare it to side-by-side?
Yes. If you’re not immediately loving it, that’s a huge red flag. White is great but if you also want fire…

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes. If you’re not immediately loving it, that’s a huge red flag. White is great but if you also want fire…

Agree with this! Sounds like you’re not in love. Different topic but I still dream of the 6 (or was it 7?) ct old cut you use it have….

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if you are planning on returning the 4.33 ct , but if you are I found this 4.80ct, E, VS1, for $35,910 that potentially looks promising:

I'm not sure if you are planning on returning the 4.33 ct , but if you are I found this 4.80ct, E, VS1, for $35,910 that potentially looks promising:

Thank you!! This looks beautiful!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with this! Sounds like you’re not in love. Different topic but I still dream of the 6 (or was it 7?) ct old cut you use it have….

Oh I know - I wish I never gave that one up :oops: Sigh!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
I found the gcal report.
Those images are computer generated based on a scan and match up with the gcal images.
Its a well cut stone.

@Karl_K does this imagery on the second row show the fire performance of the stone? I now can’t tell if I’m being overly critical of the fire this stone is giving off. It has a lot going for it (including an amazing price) so I want to be certain that I’m not looking for issues before I send it back. Thank you!

2647AD17-D008-4BA5-9D48-61D46D5A01F9.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you dont love it then you dont love it, but is chasing variations of the same theme the right direction?
In the videos for the lighting it appears to be doing what I would expect it to do. It could be a 4-5ct mrb is not the right stone for you??

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
If you dont love it then you dont love it, but is chasing variations of the same theme the right direction?
In the videos for the lighting it appears to be doing what I would expect it to do. It could be a 4-5ct mrb is not the right stone for you??

I understand what you’re saying. Indecisiveness is definitely a factor since I love a few different diamond types! Past stones I’ve owned have mainly been old cuts, and I think I’ve missed the splintery look of MRBs. I’m hoping that if I can find a slightly larger one with a smaller table / proportions that lean more toward fire I will be happy. I honestly always planned to buy an ACA specifically for the amazing cut, but then I realized I’d never get up to the color I wanted if I went that route, even after many pricey upgrades. So I guess I’m just examining these lab stones with a super critical eye trying to get close to those ACA optics. =)2

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of the 4.8ct Adiamor stone? It looks like a beauty to me.

I agree and I’ve inquired about that one! I was hoping for H&A just for full peace of mind, but I do love the specs on it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping that if I can find a slightly larger one with a smaller table / proportions that lean more toward fire I will be happy.

With the 55.5% table and 16% crown height :love:, the 4.8ct Adiamor stone will probably more than deliver on your fire requirements. Its specs are just dreamy IMO! Might it be worth bringing home to view in person to see if it's near enough to H&A to not matter to your eyes?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N I'm thinking of doing a showdown between the amazing OMC I posted yesterday and a colorless lab like I've been searching for in this thread - to find out once and for all who will be victorious! :lol: Do you see blue nuance in this video? I found the stone on Pricescope's lab search engine. The gray backgrounds make it really hard for my eyes to know what is the diamond's color and what's reflecting on the backdrop! Also - someone may have poached the 4.80, I waited too long on it. :(

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 6.44.43 PM.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N I'm thinking of doing a showdown between the amazing OMC I posted yesterday and a colorless lab like I've been searching for in this thread - to find out once and for all who will be victorious! :lol: Do you see blue nuance in this video? I found the stone on Pricescope's lab search engine. The gray backgrounds make it really hard for my eyes to know what is the diamond's color and what's reflecting on the backdrop! Also - someone may have poached the 4.80, I waited too long on it. :(

Yes, I think it does. I can see some faint blue tinting out at the edge of the girdle and crown as it rotates to the side profile view.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think I see blue nuance as well.

But the good news is, the 4.80 is still around!

I'm not entirely sure of my eyes, but do either of you see faint tinting in the 4.80 video?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm not entirely sure of my eyes, but do either of you see faint tinting in the 4.80 video?

Unfortunately, I think it does...it appears to have a steely-grayish-blue appearance.

Compare the side profile to these diamonds against a similar shade of backdrop:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I think it does...it appears to have a steely-grayish-blue appearance.

Compare the side profile to these diamonds against a similar shade of backdrop:

Yeah, it probably does have faint blue nuance. I also compared it against some natural E diamonds with similar backdrop.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it probably does have faint blue nuance. I also compared it against some natural E diamonds with similar backdrop.

Interesting. Maybe that’s why it’s available again…

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N Would you mind taking a peek to see if this stone looks brown to you? It's HPHT so I'm not sure if I'm just seeing things...

BrilliantEarth

Also - do you know which grower has this symbol??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 5.19.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 5.19.03 PM.png
    16 KB · Views: 41
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results