shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 5.58 ct Blue Sapphire (Gemsthailand)

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
portoar|1315269468|3010345 said:
I think the sapphire stone you purchased is absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see it in a setting. However, I'm going to go against the group here and say I think you could do better on the setting. The setting is very bling-y, chock full of diamonds, but it seems to me that the setting takes away from the sapphire and is . . . too overstated for an engagement ring. And a pretty stone like that actually deserves a nice custom setting.

Have you ever looked at Mark Morell's settings? If I had a stone like that (and I probably never will) I'd run straight here:

http://www.mwmjewelry.com/

However it's set, I'm sure it will be a gorgeous showpiece, though.

I don't know if you read the whole tread but I just got engaged with the ring pictured above that I had made for her.

The pictures of the sapphire on this page in the setting is my actual ring! Also my setting IS custom, and no I have not looked at his stuff.
My ring setting is exactly the style she wants so what may be too "bling-y" for you is perfect for her.

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1315270171|3010349 said:
Congratulations JC! The proposal and the ring are fantastic. Best wishes for a beautiful wedding and marriage. You are off to a good start.

Thank you so much!!!

~Justin

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! You chose a beautiful spot to propose, and it sounds as though you created a wonderful moment that you both will remember for the rest of your lives. Wishing you both much happiness, and many years together!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your proposal and the spot looks gorgeous!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife and Bright Ice

Thank you very much for your kind words! It was a magical moment. I am so glad we captured it on film :)

~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Justin! Beautiful vista and what a memorable proposal for the both of you.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1315313497|3010605 said:
Congrats, Justin! Beautiful vista and what a memorable proposal for the both of you.

Chrono, Thank You! As always I greatly appreciate your input! Did you get to see my updated pictures of the ring? I hope the lighting and photography was good enough for you :)

Thanks for checking in.

~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did. Very good detail and the blue colour came through as a rich medium blue. Much nicer pictures showing off a truly gorgeous engagement ring.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome! Thank You :bigsmile:

~Justin

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry, I apparently didn't see the whole thread. But now I've seen your shots of the actual, finished ring, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. A real heirloom. The sapphire is amazing.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, this ring is STUNNING!!! It's seriously droolworthy!

I want to offer a big congratulations to you, Justin! Wishing you and your new fiancee ( :bigsmile: ) many happy years together! Well done, you should be so proud of that ring! I'm sure she is beyond thrilled with it (and you!). :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Great proposal and the ring is amazing! (Post hands shots now that she's wearing it:) :cheeky:

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
portoar|1315374089|3011385 said:
Oh, sorry, I apparently didn't see the whole thread. But now I've seen your shots of the actual, finished ring, and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. A real heirloom. The sapphire is amazing.

No worries :)) Thank you! I agree it has a strong heirloom feel to it.

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1315376319|3011408 said:
Oh man, this ring is STUNNING!!! It's seriously droolworthy!

I want to offer a big congratulations to you, Justin! Wishing you and your new fiancee ( :bigsmile: ) many happy years together! Well done, you should be so proud of that ring! I'm sure she is beyond thrilled with it (and you!). :appl:

You are to kind! Thank you! She is in love with the ring and can't stop talking about it. ;))

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1315389959|3011449 said:
WOW! Great proposal and the ring is amazing! (Post hands shots now that she's wearing it:) :cheeky:

Absolutely! No problem. She refuses to let me until she gets a Manicure lol. :)

Here are two quick pictures that I snapped literally moments after I proposed. We had just hiked up a mountain 2 miles so we are a little tired but still very happy and excited.

306864_10150425093210278_727995277_10716441_374915_n.jpg 319939_10150425093550278_727995277_10716443_5129403_n.jpg

~Justin

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring! It suits her, and you make a lovely couple as well. Best wishes in your future together!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
AAAAAAAAA I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i CAN'T help it, I am tearing up !!!! so sentimental .....

I LOVE the picture of you two !!!!!
The sapphire is STUNNING on your fiancees hand, and you
two look happy and PERFECT together !!!!!

WONDERFUL !!!!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and I am sooo happy you didn't propose in that canyon,
every time I see pictures like that I get a strong visual of that
fellow who got stuck and had to cut off his own arm ~ ick.
There is NO way I could ever get that thought out of my mind......
glad you proposed the way you did ~ I love Arizona vistas !!!!
So uplifting !!!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
PositivelyPeanut and ooo~Shiney!

Thank you very much! We are so looking forward to married life together. We are already looking at locations for the wedding and reception. :))

ooo~Shiney!- I never saw that movie about the guy who cuts his arm off. I think I may go rent it. You have sparked my curiosity. :mrgreen:

~Justin

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow...the ring looks great on her hand!!! congratulations again :)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful story, i'm so happy for you guys!! The ring is amazing, just amazing!

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Beautiful couple!

Congratulations to both of you once again!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! We are having so much fun planning our wedding!

~Justin

kt

Shiny_Rock
STOP IT!!!! YOU GUYS ARE JUST TOO DARNED CUTE!!!!!!

Oh congratulations, this was just such a lovely thread and that last pic was just great!!!!!!! :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and what a gorgeous couple you 2 make!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you very much! She is so amazing! I will try to get some nice hand shots this week. :D

~Justin

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations again, it looks lovely on her hand.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1316974099|3025182 said:
Congratulations again, it looks lovely on her hand.

Thank you TL! Its so funny. Now whenever we hang out I am constantly looking at her hand like a little kid in a candy shop lol. She gets a kick out of it. :bigsmile: I am so glad I went custom and held out for what I was looking for in a Sapphire. To anyone thinking about doing the same- The Sapphire market is honestly a pain, but if you hang in there it is worth it. :)

~Justin

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, you guys are so cute, it's absurd! The ring looks fantastic on her!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG you look fantastic together and the ring is perfect - it looks stunning on her hand.

I've just got to say that if my husband had chosen that spot to propose, the photos of me and him would look totally different as I don't think I could EVER walk across that "bridge" aka bit of rock over an enormous space of air!

Your photograph showing you both in the distance and the setting is something to be treasured. Superb idea and a great reminder in years to come.

Many many many congratulations. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy for you both (or that could just be the heart palpitations from seeing the bridge) :bigsmile: :o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results