color
clarity

5.23 K VS2 Antique Emerald Cut in CVB Sienna 3 stone

Scon_ce

Shiny_Rock
Very unique! And sooo pretty!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. Truly beautiful. Congratulations!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! "Nuff said.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Perfection. The stone and the setting are such a perfect pairing…

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of you have helped me so much finally realize my 50th birthday dream ring (I think it took fully 1/2 of you regulars assuring me and cheering me on—especially all you step cut experts), and yes, it took 16 months from my first searches to actually getting the ring on my hand, and yes, I am nearly 51 now, but it just shows how wonderful PS is as you all really struck with me through all those requests for opinions! My gratitude and thanks to you all.

I know the currency of PS is photos photos photos, and while I feel less than up to the task with my photos, I hope these are somewhat better. I did promise to post lots of pictures, and so it seemed the thing to give the ring its own SMTB thread.

So without further ado, here in it’s own thread is Lizzie ( my smaller, but what still seems to me, Liz Taylor worthy ring ;)2 ) , and some of the better shots I managed.

The (almost) original thread from when I found the diamond is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bought-it—dream-of-a-diamond.268840/

I also tried to shoot one more video to capture what it was about this particular diamond that grabbed me. It’s got just a 2-step crown and something about it and the pavilion combine to rain tiny virtual facets all over the pavilion steps so that sometimes, I can’t even tell its a step cut. It‘s the play back and forth from the sensible hall of mirrors to the magic of all that sparkle that just gets me. I think some of the videos on the other thread might capture the sparkle, but I tried to zoom in so you can see how/why its happening in this video.

Cheers all

30033C25-54F2-44DD-BAC1-625CAD97AA18.jpeg 1A84CC98-8678-46DC-A509-044D858874B4.jpeg AF30ECF4-790C-4198-8B62-FB2E590B8C82.jpeg DFFECE66-9F3D-421E-A56A-259D086075C0.jpeg less 4B3066C7-25BA-4881-9B19-AC0A679C14DF.jpeg 7C6D1A63-3DCD-4C22-A1FE-7AFB48B3AB3E.jpeg

BC333B57-411C-4594-825D-5FD63CD42E6C.jpeg

This is breathtaking!! Happy 50th!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY SH!T! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is amazing! Happy birthday!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is exquisite. :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it's absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats!!

Oh my goodness. This is the first antique emerald cut I've ever seen and it's gorgeous. Way to set the bar high! Lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Stunning!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Very unique! And sooo pretty!
Thank you @Scon_ce! :kiss2:

Stunning. Truly beautiful. Congratulations!
Thank you so much @bright & shiny :love:

Stunning!!!
Thank you @CircularBrilliant :appl:

Oooo that is sweet. Worth waiting for.
It sure was @oncrutchesrightnow!! :kiss2:

Gorgeous! "Nuff said.

:kiss2: Thank you @DAF
Perfection. The stone and the setting are such a perfect pairing…
Thank you @caolsen. The longer I have it and get to gaze at it, the more I think that is true!! :love:
This is breathtaking!! Happy 50th!!
Thank you @cushioncutnut, and thank you for the birthday wish. I certainly recommend the diamonds for all the big birthdays :mrgreen2:

HOLY SH!T! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is amazing! Happy birthday!!!
You know it‘s good when it gets that reaction. :lol-2: Thank you for the birthday wish, too, @DorotheaBrooke!

This is exquisite. :love:

I tried to be circumspect for a while, but I give up now. I agree!! Thank you @msop04

Oh my, it's absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats!!
:kiss2: Heartfelt thanks @Catmom!
Oh my goodness. This is the first antique emerald cut I've ever seen and it's gorgeous. Way to set the bar high! Lol.
Thank you @AnastasiaBeaverhausen. You never know was these Pricescopers will turn you on to! I certainly didn’t until folks started suggesting them as stones to look at!!

Wow! Stunning!

:kiss2: Thank you @tyty333!

I’m a lover of step cuts and this has to be the most gorgeous cut I’ve ever seen! And the mounting is exquisite. As I look at mine I’m now thinking about how I can reset it in a mounting as elegant as yours! Congratulations on such a beautiful work of art!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Many of you have helped me so much finally realize my 50th birthday dream ring (I think it took fully 1/2 of you regulars assuring me and cheering me on—especially all you step cut experts), and yes, it took 16 months from my first searches to actually getting the ring on my hand, and yes, I am nearly 51 now, but it just shows how wonderful PS is as you all really struck with me through all those requests for opinions! My gratitude and thanks to you all.

I know the currency of PS is photos photos photos, and while I feel less than up to the task with my photos, I hope these are somewhat better. I did promise to post lots of pictures, and so it seemed the thing to give the ring its own SMTB thread.

So without further ado, here in it’s own thread is Lizzie ( my smaller, but what still seems to me, Liz Taylor worthy ring ;)2 ) , and some of the better shots I managed.

The (almost) original thread from when I found the diamond is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bought-it—dream-of-a-diamond.268840/

I also tried to shoot one more video to capture what it was about this particular diamond that grabbed me. It’s got just a 2-step crown and something about it and the pavilion combine to rain tiny virtual facets all over the pavilion steps so that sometimes, I can’t even tell its a step cut. It‘s the play back and forth from the sensible hall of mirrors to the magic of all that sparkle that just gets me. I think some of the videos on the other thread might capture the sparkle, but I tried to zoom in so you can see how/why its happening in this video.

Cheers all

30033C25-54F2-44DD-BAC1-625CAD97AA18.jpeg 1A84CC98-8678-46DC-A509-044D858874B4.jpeg AF30ECF4-790C-4198-8B62-FB2E590B8C82.jpeg DFFECE66-9F3D-421E-A56A-259D086075C0.jpeg less 4B3066C7-25BA-4881-9B19-AC0A679C14DF.jpeg 7C6D1A63-3DCD-4C22-A1FE-7AFB48B3AB3E.jpeg

BC333B57-411C-4594-825D-5FD63CD42E6C.jpeg

The wait was really worth it!!! This ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! Best wishes wearing your beautiful Lizzie ring!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything about this ring is perfection. :love: Happy birthday!!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a lover of step cuts and this has to be the most gorgeous cut I’ve ever seen! And the mounting is exquisite. As I look at mine I’m now thinking about how I can reset it in a mounting as elegant as yours! Congratulations on such a beautiful work of art!
What a compliment @LoverOfBeautifulThings! Thank you. I certainly felt that way when I saw it the first time. I mentioned in the other thread that I knew this was the stone I was looking for when I had initially missed getting it, and it hit me like a gut punch. It had sold to someone else, but in the end, that sale fell through. The rest really does feel kinda like the universe was piloting the creation as much as me. Well, the universe and Caysie :lol-2:
The wait was really worth it!!! This ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! Best wishes wearing your beautiful Lizzie ring!!

Thank you so much @OneKuhlChic! The longer it’s here with me the more the wait seems like it didn’t matter. :kiss2:
Everything about this ring is perfection. :love: Happy birthday!!

Aw, thanks @Kim N! And for the birthday wish. Now I just need pricescopers to help with finding that fountain of youth thing! ;)2

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Holy cow! Your ring is AMAZING!!! The stone, the setting.. it's perfection.
Enjoy it every day!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a compliment @LoverOfBeautifulThings! Thank you. I certainly felt that way when I saw it the first time. I mentioned in the other thread that I knew this was the stone I was looking for when I had initially missed getting it, and it hit me like a gut punch. It had sold to someone else, but in the end, that sale fell through. The rest really does feel kinda like the universe was piloting the creation as much as me. Well, the universe and Caysie :lol-2:

Thank you so much @OneKuhlChic! The longer it’s here with me the more the wait seems like it didn’t matter. :kiss2:

Aw, thanks @Kim N! And for the birthday wish. Now I just need pricescopers to help with finding that fountain of youth thing! ;)2

That was me! 8)I was on vacation and impulsively put a down payment on the stone - I knew it was a unicorn and absolutely one-of-a-kind, and even Alex was like, "I'll never find an EC as beautiful as this one ever again in my lifetime." Anyone who has worked with him knows that this is *extremely* high praise as he is not one to gush or be salesy. But deep down, I knew I wanted an antique EC with longer proprtions. With a heavy heart, and a lot of self-doubt and uncertainty, I told Alex to let the stone go. (A little voice inside kept saying, "Are you crazy?") I fervently hoped a PSer would get it so that I could enjoy it from afar. I'm SO happy this very special stone went to you, @ksluice!!! You'll have to keep posting many, many pictures of it!

(Epilogue: After searching for 10 months, Alex ended up finding the right stone for me last month. I'm hoping to have it set soon :sun:)

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
That was me! 8)I was on vacation and impulsively put a down payment on the stone - I knew it was a unicorn and absolutely one-of-a-kind, and even Alex was like, "I'll never find an EC as beautiful as this one ever again in my lifetime." Anyone who has worked with him knows that this is *extremely* high praise as he is not one to gush or be salesy. But deep down, I knew I wanted an antique EC with longer proprtions. With a heavy heart, and a lot of self-doubt and uncertainty, I told Alex to let the stone go. (A little voice inside kept saying, "Are you crazy?") I fervently hoped a PSer would get it so that I could enjoy it from afar. I'm SO happy this very special stone went to you, @ksluice!!! You'll have to keep posting many, many pictures of it!

(Epilogue: After searching for 10 months, Alex ended up finding the right stone for me last month. I'm hoping to have it set soon :sun:)
OMG!! This is amazing. But wait—-is your stone the one he posted a few weeks ago with the caption something like “wanted to post it before I ship“? Because I thought, “wow, that stone is the same kind of beautiful as mine, so twice in a lifetime then?!”

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! This is amazing. But wait—-is your stone the one he posted a few weeks ago with the caption something like “wanted to post it before I ship“? Because I thought, “wow, that stone is the same kind of beautiful as mine, so twice in a lifetime then?!”

Yes, that's the one! :lol: Though he definitely did not speak quite as glowingly to me about my stone as he did yours! Mine is ever so slightly more elongated than yours, with what seems like fewer steps thus it's not quite as glittery/fiery. But I think it's beautiful, and it has the l/w ratio that I was looking for, throws off rainbowy sparks, and it's vintage! (from 1930s/40s) I was hoping Caysie could set it but she is so busy and hasn't been as responsive as usual, so I may throw it in a temp setting for now until she's more available. I desperately want to wear it!!

I'm glad that you and I are EC sisters! How cool is that! 8) PS -- when you sent your stone to Caysie, was it insured? Or was it covered through Caysie during the setting process?

mol42

Shiny_Rock
This is such a beautiful ring. The stone is mesmerizing and the amazing setting really elevates it to another level.
congratulations and wear it in good health!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Do you stare at it all day. When I got my 3 ctw studs I stopped at every mirror I passed. It is stunning and so different. happy birthday and enjoy your 50 is it the best era

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Good lord. I have no words. I don’t know how I missed seeing this when you posted it. It’s incredible.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a ring! That stone is hypnotizing! Such a beauty! The setting is perfection and Happy Birthday to you!

lioness88

Rough_Rock
@ksluice this is gorgeous do you mind posting the measurements of the side stones and your ring size? I just can’t …. :eek2::kiss2::kiss2:

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
@ksluice this is gorgeous do you mind posting the measurements of the side stones and your ring size? I just can’t …. :eek2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thank you @lioness88 ! And certainly: the ring is a 5 1/2, although I often wear a 5, the 5 1/2 with the sizing shot is perfect for comfort and to prevent turning when I wear it. Details on the side stones directly from Caysie who sourced them: “custom earth mine step cut shield diamonds, FG/vs with excellent cuts, 0.57ctw”

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that's the one! :lol: Though he definitely did not speak quite as glowingly to me about my stone as he did yours! Mine is ever so slightly more elongated than yours, with what seems like fewer steps thus it's not quite as glittery/fiery. But I think it's beautiful, and it has the l/w ratio that I was looking for, throws off rainbowy sparks, and it's vintage! (from 1930s/40s) I was hoping Caysie could set it but she is so busy and hasn't been as responsive as usual, so I may throw it in a temp setting for now until she's more available. I desperately want to wear it!!

I'm glad that you and I are EC sisters! How cool is that! 8) PS -- when you sent your stone to Caysie, was it insured? Or was it covered through Caysie during the setting process?

My apologies, I just saw these questions! Alex had it insured during shipment and Caysie’s policy covered it when it was with her. She insured it shipped to me, and my policy (Chubb) covered it from me picking it up.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a beautiful ring. The stone is mesmerizing and the amazing setting really elevates it to another level.
congratulations and wear it in good health!
Thank you @mol42! I couldn’t agree more about the stone and about Caysie’s work. I really like the ring better as time goes on, which is delightful.

Do you stare at it all day. When I got my 3 ctw studs I stopped at every mirror I passed. It is stunning and so different. happy birthday and enjoy your 50 is it the best era
Thank you @heididdl ! And totally. All the time, as though I’m conducting experiments. “Ooh the light just changed, how does my ring look now???” :lol-2: I’ll have a toast to you and try to absorb what you say about this being the best era (With a DH 5 years younger he loves ribbing me for being old).

Good lord. I have no words. I don’t know how I missed seeing this when you posted it. It’s incredible.

@Alybetter Thank you, and I am so glad you found it. It is lovely and I think a testament to how magical antique stones can be and to Caysie’s work. The photos just don’t capture how unbelievable delicate all that work is in real life. Truly an example of a diamond and a ring looking better than the pictures. I feel very lucky to be able to enjoy them.
Wow, what a ring! That stone is hypnotizing! Such a beauty! The setting is perfection and Happy Birthday to you!

@Tinkybell Thank you and I agree! It’s certainly been worth the wait, which I know seems improbable given how long the whole process took, but I’ll say again, its like the whole thing just manifested itself into existence and just took all the turns and time it needed. On another note, I did notice that the ring I had originally put a deposit on, but then backed out on in favor of this one. has sold. I hope a PSer got it, as it really was a beauty, as well—even if that stone wasn’t vintage rather than antique.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results