shape
carat
color
clarity

5.23 K VS2 Antique Emerald Cut in CVB Sienna 3 stone

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Many of you have helped me so much finally realize my 50th birthday dream ring (I think it took fully 1/2 of you regulars assuring me and cheering me on—especially all you step cut experts), and yes, it took 16 months from my first searches to actually getting the ring on my hand, and yes, I am nearly 51 now, but it just shows how wonderful PS is as you all really struck with me through all those requests for opinions! My gratitude and thanks to you all.

I know the currency of PS is photos photos photos, and while I feel less than up to the task with my photos, I hope these are somewhat better. I did promise to post lots of pictures, and so it seemed the thing to give the ring its own SMTB thread.

So without further ado, here in it’s own thread is Lizzie ( my smaller, but what still seems to me, Liz Taylor worthy ring ;)2 ) , and some of the better shots I managed.

The (almost) original thread from when I found the diamond is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bought-it—dream-of-a-diamond.268840/

I also tried to shoot one more video to capture what it was about this particular diamond that grabbed me. It’s got just a 2-step crown and something about it and the pavilion combine to rain tiny virtual facets all over the pavilion steps so that sometimes, I can’t even tell its a step cut. It‘s the play back and forth from the sensible hall of mirrors to the magic of all that sparkle that just gets me. I think some of the videos on the other thread might capture the sparkle, but I tried to zoom in so you can see how/why its happening in this video.

Cheers all

30033C25-54F2-44DD-BAC1-625CAD97AA18.jpeg 1A84CC98-8678-46DC-A509-044D858874B4.jpeg AF30ECF4-790C-4198-8B62-FB2E590B8C82.jpeg DFFECE66-9F3D-421E-A56A-259D086075C0.jpeg less 4B3066C7-25BA-4881-9B19-AC0A679C14DF.jpeg 7C6D1A63-3DCD-4C22-A1FE-7AFB48B3AB3E.jpeg

BC333B57-411C-4594-825D-5FD63CD42E6C.jpeg

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring. It's perfect. The stone is stunning and the setting really does it justice. Congratulations!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Great proportion, clean, and elegant!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations on your amazing ring! Its a true heirloom!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Wowwwwwwwy!!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So stunning, I’m drooling!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
Love love love…. Gosh what a beauty!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could we possibly forget about this beauty? I’ve been wondering when a SMTB thread would appear :love:

Most definitely Liz Taylor worthy :appl:

This is seriously one of the most stunning three stone mounts I’ve ever seen. I think I told you in your other thread - I hope you don’t mind but I NEED this in my life, for something, at some point!!

And that stone. If stones could speak - that one would have Alan Rickman’s voice. “Just read me the shopping list. Okay read it again”. :love:

More hand pictures please!! :love: :appl: :love:

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect in every way!! Happy birthday indeed!! Enjoy that beauty.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
So gorgeous in every way! This is one of the most unique step cuts I’ve ever seen and Caysie seriously has a gift with her designs. I agree it’s perfect in every way and you deserve a medal for your patience!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!! Enjoy your stunning new ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The faceting on this stone is truly amazing, mesmerizing. Happy 50th to you!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning work of art! That stone is absolutely mesmerising & I could dive right in to whatever is happening there when you articulate your hand :kiss2:

Huge congratulations on your big birthday & wishing you health & step cut sparkly happiness!

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Outstanding!:kiss2: Congratulations!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone, and the Sienna setting is truly gorgeous! Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elegance to the max. Gorgeous ♥️
Wear in good health and blingtastic joy!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gosh your ring is stunning! Love it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a delicious diamond! Gorgeous!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is unreal....one of a kind. It's like it has an infinite number of steps! :kiss2: :clap:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your setting is as smooth as butter! Absolutely gorgeous ring!

P

Petalouda

Everything about this ring is a dream. Congratulations!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
You have the patience of a saint! I’m SO glad this stunner in finally your hands. Btw, great job on the pics-but we still need more! <3

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
It just doesn’t get any better than this PERFECTION of a piece❤️
Congrats on such a stunning heirloom, @ksluice :clap::love::clap::love::clap:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So perfect! It’s stunning!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring. It's perfect. The stone is stunning and the setting really does it justice. Congratulations!
Thank you so much @nyquestioner!!

Great proportion, clean, and elegant!
I agree —Caysie really knows how to pull everything together. Thank you @Neptune

Beautiful! Congratulations on your amazing ring! Its a true heirloom!
Thank you @RunningwithScissors — I feel like it is too!

I’m not usually into step cuts but, holy moly, this baby is stunning!
16F6596B-7718-45AF-9D7E-2CE951B38DB5.gif
Thank you @elle_71125! I feel like it’s a pretty magical stone too!

Wowwwwwwwy!!!!

Thank you @Fancygems :kiss2:
Beautiful!!

Thank you @upgradingmama :kiss2:
So stunning, I’m drooling!

Thank you @bright ice –i feel like my eyes are drooling whenever I look at it! :P2
Love love love…. Gosh what a beauty!!!

:kiss2: Thank you @AntiqueSparkle
@ksluice this is one helluva gorgeous ring!!!!
I couldn’t agree more, if I do say so myself ;)2 Thank you @springerspaniel!

How could we possibly forget about this beauty? I’ve been wondering when a SMTB thread would appear :love:

Most definitely Liz Taylor worthy :appl:

This is seriously one of the most stunning three stone mounts I’ve ever seen. I think I told you in your other thread - I hope you don’t mind but I NEED this in my life, for something, at some point!!

And that stone. If stones could speak - that one would have Alan Rickman’s voice. “Just read me the shopping list. Okay read it again”. :love:

More hand pictures please!! :love: :appl: :love:

Thank you @yssie! You‘ve been such a helpful voice of encouragement along the way and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Of course you should have your own version. It’s such a beautiful ring design, and I can say without hesitation it’s even better IRL. It‘s so delicate without the camera on zoom, I can’t even see the prongs!

The idea that Lizzie speaks with Alan Rickman’s voice is hilarious and completely accurate. :lol-2:
It’s perfect in every way!! Happy birthday indeed!! Enjoy that beauty.

Thank you @Slick1 !! :kiss2:
So gorgeous in every way! This is one of the most unique step cuts I’ve ever seen and Caysie seriously has a gift with her designs. I agree it’s perfect in every way and you deserve a medal for your patience!
Thank you @sweetpea&babycorn ! I couldn’t agree more about Caysie. It’s one thing to like one of her designs but the way she refines proportions to each stone–her work is amazing, even if it involves lots of waiting. ;)2

How beautiful!! Enjoy your stunning new ring.
Thank you @Diamond Girl 21 :kiss2:

The faceting on this stone is truly amazing, mesmerizing. Happy 50th to you!!
Thank you @LLJsmom ! I couldn’t agree more—the faceting really does something magical in this case!

What a stunning work of art! That stone is absolutely mesmerising & I could dive right in to whatever is happening there when you articulate your hand :kiss2:

Huge congratulations on your big birthday & wishing you health & step cut sparkly happiness!
Thank you @Ally T —that is exactly what drew me to the stone, too!

Outstanding!:kiss2: Congratulations!

Thank you @VoldeNuit!

What a stunning stone, and the Sienna setting is truly gorgeous! Congratulations!

Thank you @carbonfan :kiss2:

Elegance to the max. Gorgeous ♥️
Wear in good health and blingtastic joy!

Thank you so much @missy —Blingtastic joy is real ;)2

Gosh your ring is stunning! Love it!

I agree @kathley ! Thank you!
Such a delicious diamond! Gorgeous!!

Thank you @MissGotRocks —you said it! :lickout:

That stone is unreal....one of a kind. It's like it has an infinite number of steps! :kiss2: :clap:

I feel the same way @KristyDarling!! It is something!

Your setting is as smooth as butter! Absolutely gorgeous ring!

It really is @AprilBaby ! I think Caysie knocked it out of the park.

Everything about this ring is a dream. Congratulations!

:kiss2: Thank you @Petalouda !
And I died, happy.
e94afdc881112ab638a2bbe8a37b38d7cac56383b21106fce13130cef2bf42cb.gif

:lol-2: Your responses never cease to crack me up @ItsMainelyYou. And I believe I owe you extra thanks for inspiring Lizzie with her name. Thank you :appl:

You have the patience of a saint! I’m SO glad this stunner in finally your hands. Btw, great job on the pics-but we still need more! <3

Thank so much you @lulu_ma. I‘ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, I give you extra credit for showing me that initial antique step cut from London Jeweler. I really do think you and that stone put me on this path! :love:
It just doesn’t get any better than this PERFECTION of a piece❤️
Congrats on such a stunning heirloom, @ksluice :clap::love::clap::love::clap:

Thank you so much @maita13. It really does feel like an heirloom to me, too. :kiss2:
So perfect! It’s stunning!

Thank you @Mreader!

And again such gratitude to you all for being with me on my bling journey. It was such a wonderful diversion during the pandemic, and made having my 50th still feel really celebratory. You might not have realized it, but you guys ended up being a sort of proxy birthday party! And as requested I am working on posting a few more shots.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results