shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.7 ct Emerald Cut Reset for my Mom's Milestone Birthday

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The reset is AMAZING. I'm sure she'll love it. The new design seems timeless and a much better way to show off the diamond than the trillion side stones. What a thoughtful thing to do for your mom. Hope she loves it.
@Heather Alvey thanks so much. My mom actually confessed to me that she never loved her old setting and she felt like the ec didn't sparkle. She's really in love with the reset. I'm so happy!

You hit it out of the ballpark!!! Wow, what an improvement!!! I LOVE IT an am sure your Mom will too!!

Thanks @OneKuhlChic . I'm happy to report that my mom goes love the reset! She wears it almost daily now :)

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
All the best to your mother and hoping your father continues to improve. What a special and thoughtful gift @lulu_ma!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma Your mom looks so happy with the new, gorgeous setting! So wonderful to see. :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

firekeepingwolf

Rough_Rock
As some of you know, my mom is celebrating a big birthday this month and I wanted to do her something meaningful for her. The last 6 years have been challenging for my family as my dad was diagnosed with spinal cancer shortly after my parents retired. My dad had to learn how to walk again and he has been in and out of the hospital with complications. Throughout this ordeal, my mom has constantly supported my dad. She really deserves a special treat. I hope she loves what I have secretly done with her diamond!

Stats: The diamond is a 4.7 ct J color. I don't have the cert but I recall that is is VS/VVS clarity.

This stone has always been beautiful in my eyes-in fact, it inspired my e-ring choice-but the setting has always bugged me a little. I just felt that the trillion color enhanced the tint in the emerald cut. Here's a before pic:

IMG_9935.jpg

I wanted to find a way to enhance the stone and increase the face up. It's a very leggy ec with a 12.2 x 7.5 mm face up. I chose a baguette and single cut halo.

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

The new setting compared with the old:

IMG_2608.jpg

I'm smitten with this ring. I think Daniel M did a great job. My mom's birthday isn't until next week, but I can't wait to give ring to her. We're taking her to an Orchid exhibit this Sunday and will present her with the ring then!

How awesome! Did your mom
Know you were going to do this ?
I love the new setting it’s so special! What a superb gift!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
I definitely will @Ally T . Thank you!

@Diamond Girl 21 thank you. Do it-it's amazing what a new setting can do!

Thanks @prs ! That topaz ring is lovely. I'm not sure what my mom will want to do with the trillions yet...

Lulu_ma:
The trillion cut diamonds from your Mom's original setting look to be good sized. I think they'd make fabulous diamond stud earrings!! 1654355874635.gif

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone in sharing in my excitement about this reset. I'm happy to report that my mom loves the ring!

On top of being a wonderful mother and grandmother, she's also a former nurse and a cancer survivor, herself. I'm so happy that I could do something extra special for her milestone birthday.

(I made her pose a lot. She said, "People are going to think we are crazy." :lol:)

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg

Not crazy, just happy!!! 1654356481746.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took my mom to an auction preview and she came home with this little friend for her ring :lol:

E53627C3-C4AB-442C-9BBB-BA04F2DB8A3B.jpeg

It looks like a crown for her ring! :kiss2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@lulu_ma Your Mom’s ring is absolutely beautiful. You are both very lucky to have each other. May she wear it in good health.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
lulu_ma, I LOVE this! Rounds and baguettes at staggered heights - fabulous!
I want one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results