shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.7 ct Emerald Cut Reset for my Mom's Milestone Birthday

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a transformation!! It's so beautiful, she's going to love it! And hellooooo finger coverage :kiss2:
Thanks @Dandi! She always dreamed of owning a 10 ct. Since I don't have the ability to get her one, I figured this was the next best thing. And, it really is a beautiful stone to begin with.

Happy birthday to your mum @lulu_ma .
What a lovely daughter you are, the reset is stunning and I hope your mum is thrilled.
Best wishes to your dad and your family Xx
@Sparkles88 thanks so much! I feel very fortunate to since have my mom and dad-this is just a small gesture of appreciation.:)

This turned out amazing! I also love the idea of a colored stone so she can also enjoy her old setting.

Thank you @mustangchi. Too be honest, the setting still kind of bugs me. Something about the portions. But I will find my mom a colored stone if she wants one!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
It's sooo beautiful! And really shows off the stone so much better!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful transformation!!! :kiss2: I am not really a fan of trillions, and especially with an EC. Since you knew your mom wanted a larger stone, the halo was the perfect solution!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is stunning! The new setting really enhances the beauty of your mom‘s diamond. Plus, killer real estate! What a kind and generous gift for your mom.
I can’t wait to hear all about her reaction on Sunday.

Thank you @elle_71125 . I really think the setting brings out the beauty of the stone. I was insistence on warmer melee. I think it worked out well :)
Woah, gorgeous and huge!! She can't help but love it!

@Catmom Thanks so much!
I absolutely love your story and this ring! Just gorgeous!

Thank you @Bishbunch !

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It's sooo beautiful! And really shows off the stone so much better!
Thanks @CircularBrilliant ! I have always been fond of these types of halos. Glad that this one turned out so well!

Beautiful transformation!!! :kiss2: I am not really a fan of trillions, and especially with an EC. Since you knew your mom wanted a larger stone, the halo was the perfect solution!

@diamondseeker2006 thank you! I think trillions can look lovely but something about portions of the original setting look off to my eye.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone in sharing in my excitement about this reset. I'm happy to report that my mom loves the ring!

On top of being a wonderful mother and grandmother, she's also a former nurse and a cancer survivor, herself. I'm so happy that I could do something extra special for her milestone birthday.

(I made her pose a lot. She said, "People are going to think we are crazy." :lol:)

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg

Last edited:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone in sharing in my excitement about this reset. I'm happy to report that my mom loves the ring!

On top of being a wonderful mother and grandmother, she's also a former nurse and a cancer survivor, herself. I'm so happy that I could do something extra special for her milestone birthday.

(I made her pose a lot. She said, "People are going to think we are crazy." :lol:)

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg
How wonderful of you to put that together for her! I can see her smiles through the mask! God bless you and your parents... wonderful daughter and both of them cancer survivors! The ring turned out amazing and looks beautiful on your mom! BTW, tell your mom it is us that are the crazy ones! LOL!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner, @lulu_ma! And I'm so glad she loves it!

And that's a delightful photo of your parents - what joy! Hoping your mother had a fabulous birthday, and wishing her many more to come!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful of you to put that together for her! I can see her smiles through the mask! God bless you and your parents... wonderful daughter and both of them cancer survivors! The ring turned out amazing and looks beautiful on your mom! BTW, tell your mom it is us that are the crazy ones! LOL!!
Thanks so much @cushioncutnut ! This is just a small thing that I can do for my mom And, we are the crazy ones for sure :lol:

What a stunner, @lulu_ma! And I'm so glad she loves it!

And that's a delightful photo of your parents - what joy! Hoping your mother had a fabulous birthday, and wishing her many more to come!

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes @mrs-b ! I truly appreciate them :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Just a couple more pics from yesterday's lunch (it's vacation week here)

IMG_2804.jpg

My mom had a bit of JLo vibes going :bigsmile:

IMG_2807.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lulu_ma, it is an absolutely gorgeous ring and looks perfect on your mother! She is such a good sport too! Tell her we PS'ers thank her lol. She definitely deserves something special. You are a very thoughtful daughter too.

Mamaofmany

Rough_Rock
OMGOODNESS ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Your mom's sweet gold band next to it melts me!!! I have a large blue topaz from my mom I need to reset but have been struggling with a setting... while it's a pear I believe something like this would work!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma This made me tear up…I just love that you did this for your mom. The smiles can be seen even though both of your parents are wearing masks. The ring is beautiful..It’s even more special now because not only is it her engagement ring...but you added to the memories by doing this loving gesture for her.
Is the little girl yours? Precious. I love the last photo…:kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on your Mom! Your parents make such a cute couple! Wishing your Dad good health!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are a wonderful daughter to do this for your mom. Kudos to beating back cancer. Your parents are adorable!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This is just the sweetest thing! The reset is incredible, and your mom is so adorable. I hope your dad is doing well! I just love everything about this thread so much!!! :kiss2::kiss2:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I can't imagine how that ring could be any more beautiful! Daniel M is such a talent.
Thanks for sharing this gesture of love.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a beautiful new design and how thoughtful and loving a gift. It looks perfect on her hand! I bet she is over the moon happy with such a thoughtful daughter and symbol of family love!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story!!! I can imagine how hard it was waiting to give it to your mom! It came out beautiful too!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My apologies for the delayed response ladies! I was out of town for a few days...

@lulu_ma, it is an absolutely gorgeous ring and looks perfect on your mother! She is such a good sport too! Tell her we PS'ers thank her lol. She definitely deserves something special. You are a very thoughtful daughter too.
@junebug17 thanks for the kind words! My mom is wearing the diamond more which makes me happy :)

OMGOODNESS ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Your mom's sweet gold band next to it melts me!!! I have a large blue topaz from my mom I need to reset but have been struggling with a setting... while it's a pear I believe something like this would work!

Oh a pear with a deco-ish halo would be amazing! I hope you post in Rocky Talky about it. I would love to see your ideas!
@lulu_ma This made me tear up…I just love that you did this for your mom. The smiles can be seen even though both of your parents are wearing masks. The ring is beautiful..It’s even more special now because not only is it her engagement ring...but you added to the memories by doing this loving gesture for her.
Is the little girl yours? Precious. I love the last photo…:kiss2:

Thank you so much @MamaBee! I know you have and can appreciate beautiful step cuts! And, yes, the little girl is my youngest. Vacation time is family fun time:)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow, lovely conversion!! Am sure she will be over the moon with the result.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg

What a lovely picture of your mum and dad
the ring is spectacular, im so happy for you she loves it

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on your Mom! Your parents make such a cute couple! Wishing your Dad good health!
@tyty333 thank you for your kind words and well wishes for my dad!

You are a wonderful daughter to do this for your mom. Kudos to beating back cancer. Your parents are adorable!
thanks @Yimmers ! I hope my mom is able to enjoy this ring for several more years. And I think my parents are adorable, too, but I'm terribly biased :bigsmile:

This is just the sweetest thing! The reset is incredible, and your mom is so adorable. I hope your dad is doing well! I just love everything about this thread so much!!! :kiss2::kiss2:

Aww thanks @SandyK ! I know you can appreciate my mom's ec, since you have quite the stunning ec yourself:)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I can't imagine how that ring could be any more beautiful! Daniel M is such a talent.
Thanks for sharing this gesture of love.
Thanks so much for your kind words @Ibrakeforpossums . So eloquently put:) Yes, Daniel M does such lovely work-such a great PS find!

Oh what a beautiful new design and how thoughtful and loving a gift. It looks perfect on her hand! I bet she is over the moon happy with such a thoughtful daughter and symbol of family love!
@RunningwithScissors thank you! I'm just so happy that she is enjoying this diamond again.

What a wonderful story!!! I can imagine how hard it was waiting to give it to your mom! It came out beautiful too!
Thank you @BrownGinger ! Yes, I couldn't resist giving it to her early.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday was the big day! Since my mom is a good sport, I got a few more pics.

"Pretend like you are drinking water mom"

E76185C0-C6E2-47F6-A48D-21CFD13F372A.jpeg

"Act like you heard something funny" (my sister pointed out that it looks more like "oh I smell something bad" :lol: )
1A2E2BCB-AFA7-4D76-972C-76D78B3834A3.jpeg

"Okay, now put on my ring and wave your hand around"
F1020269-2754-41E0-9CFD-8F4E842A60C0.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utter perfection :kiss2::kiss2:

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
Wishing you and your family health and happiness :) Love the ring too!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and people!! I hope she has many many happy years with that stunning ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pictures of your mum have absolutely made my day :kiss2: The ring looks super stunning & I love the gold wedding ring tucked underneath - a classic look.

Her face is as giddy & excited as if she was freshly engaged all over again! Love the picture with your dad on it too. What lovely, happy parents you have :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results