shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.7 ct Emerald Cut Reset for my Mom's Milestone Birthday

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday was the big day! Since my mom is a good sport, I got a few more pics.

"Pretend like you are drinking water mom"

E76185C0-C6E2-47F6-A48D-21CFD13F372A.jpeg

"Act like you heard something funny" (my sister pointed out that it looks more like "oh I smell something bad" :lol: )
1A2E2BCB-AFA7-4D76-972C-76D78B3834A3.jpeg

"Okay, now put on my ring and wave your hand around"
F1020269-2754-41E0-9CFD-8F4E842A60C0.jpeg

Your mom is such a sweetheart! I adore her laughing pic!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wasn't crying until she said "people are going to think we're crazy" LOL.. so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and happy birthday momma <3

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is just the sweetest. :love: What a loving and thoughtful gift for your mom, lulu_ma. Wishing your parents many years of good health.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
A beautiful transformation and a thoughtful and loving gesture you did for your mom. I love the pictures! Happiest of Birthday's to her and many more! You are a sweet daughter! Great job on the reset of her beautiful diamond!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you and your family health and happiness :) Love the ring too!
Thanks for your kind words @shazam !

Beautiful ring and people!! I hope she has many many happy years with that stunning ring!

@tkyasx78 thank you! That is my wish as well 8)
These pictures of your mum have absolutely made my day :kiss2: The ring looks super stunning & I love the gold wedding ring tucked underneath - a classic look.

Her face is as giddy & excited as if she was freshly engaged all over again! Love the picture with your dad on it too. What lovely, happy parents you have :kiss2:

Aww. Thank you @Ally T ! The gold band is actually a preloved WF band I gave to her for Christmas. She wears it daily now. My parents are also really happy because they can leave the house now!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! A beautiful reset indeed!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW! The diamond reset alone is killer but the story with your mom (and all those ador pics) really makes this the sweetest thing too. Now you can tell her you guys just snagged JOTW and start your weekend feeling like a million bucks. :mrgreen:

5322975F-2DFF-4CA1-9183-0510224F3E29.gif

Attachments

• 0D36FCE0-1088-4BFD-84CB-05C8E0341B4B.gif
    0D36FCE0-1088-4BFD-84CB-05C8E0341B4B.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @RunningwithScissors ! I'm hoping that my mom and my dad can finally have some fun. I know that these last two years have been hard for everyone but I feel like it's been especially hard for those in their twilight years with their failing health etc.

I wasn't crying until she said "people are going to think we're crazy" LOL.. so beautiful. Thank you for sharing and happy birthday momma <3

<3 @blingmeupscotty I'm thankful to you all for letting me share this story :)
This thread is just the sweetest. :love: What a loving and thoughtful gift for your mom, lulu_ma. Wishing your parents many years of good health.
@Kim N thank you so much! I'm trying to savor this happy moments.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you know, my mom is celebrating a big birthday this month and I wanted to do her something meaningful for her. The last 6 years have been challenging for my family as my dad was diagnosed with spinal cancer shortly after my parents retired. My dad had to learn how to walk again and he has been in and out of the hospital with complications. Throughout this ordeal, my mom has constantly supported my dad. She really deserves a special treat. I hope she loves what I have secretly done with her diamond!

Stats: The diamond is a 4.7 ct J color. I don't have the cert but I recall that is is VS/VVS clarity.

This stone has always been beautiful in my eyes-in fact, it inspired my e-ring choice-but the setting has always bugged me a little. I just felt that the trillion color enhanced the tint in the emerald cut. Here's a before pic:

IMG_9935.jpg

I wanted to find a way to enhance the stone and increase the face up. It's a very leggy ec with a 12.2 x 7.5 mm face up. I chose a baguette and single cut halo.

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

The new setting compared with the old:

IMG_2608.jpg

I'm smitten with this ring. I think Daniel M did a great job. My mom's birthday isn't until next week, but I can't wait to give ring to her. We're taking her to an Orchid exhibit this Sunday and will present her with the ring then!

This is such a heartwarming story, @lulu_ma. Beautiful ring. Happy belated birthday to your mom and hope your dad continues to get better.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone in sharing in my excitement about this reset. I'm happy to report that my mom loves the ring!

On top of being a wonderful mother and grandmother, she's also a former nurse and a cancer survivor, herself. I'm so happy that I could do something extra special for her milestone birthday.

(I made her pose a lot. She said, "People are going to think we are crazy." :lol:)

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg

❤️❤️❤️

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! Wishing your dad health and happiness, sounds like he's got a great wife and daughter.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely re-set for your Mom's gorgeous emerald cut! You are a thoughtgul daughter. A most Happy Birthday to her!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
The new setting is drop dead gorgeous

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @RunningwithScissors . She's super happy to be getting out of the house, too!

@blingmeupscotty Thank you. Now my mom is part of the PS craziness-lol.

Thank you so much @Kim N !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone in sharing in my excitement about this reset. I'm happy to report that my mom loves the ring!

On top of being a wonderful mother and grandmother, she's also a former nurse and a cancer survivor, herself. I'm so happy that I could do something extra special for her milestone birthday.

(I made her pose a lot. She said, "People are going to think we are crazy." :lol:)

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2760 (1).jpg

We love her photos! Pls tell her that she’s a big hit!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your mom is so cute! Tell her she is a natural model! The ring just turned out so gorgeous!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful transformation and a thoughtful and loving gesture you did for your mom. I love the pictures! Happiest of Birthday's to her and many more! You are a sweet daughter! Great job on the reset of her beautiful diamond!

Thanks so much @Tinkybell !
Congratulations!!!❤
@Diamond Girl 21 thank you!

Congrats on JOTW! The diamond reset alone is killer but the story with your mom (and all those ador pics) really makes this the sweetest thing too. Now you can tell her you guys just snagged JOTW and start your weekend feeling like a million bucks. :mrgreen:

5322975F-2DFF-4CA1-9183-0510224F3E29.gif

Lol my mom has never been on PS before but I showed the the FB post and explained what a JOTW is and she was delighted! The JOTW just makes it extra special for her :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
Thanks so much @Mreader . I appreciate you being my sounding board, too<3

This is such a heartwarming story, @lulu_ma. Beautiful ring. Happy belated birthday to your mom and hope your dad continues to get better.

@Dmndsr4evr11 thanks for your kind words and well wishes!
What a lovely re-set for your Mom's gorgeous emerald cut! You are a thoughtgul daughter. A most Happy Birthday to her!

Thank you @Gemstonesrock ! I'm so glad my mom has a new appreciation for her beautiful ec.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous! Wishing your dad health and happiness, sounds like he's got a great wife and daughter.

Thanks so much @Donnass117 !
The new setting is drop dead gorgeous
Thanks @heididdl . I know you are a step cut lover, too.

We love her photos! Pls tell her that she’s a big hit!

Aww thanks @icy_jade !
Your mom is so cute! Tell her she is a natural model! The ring just turned out so gorgeous!

@MamaBee thank you! How's your gorgeous Emmy?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the thread but I just wanted to :clap: and commend you for your thoughtfulness as a daughter and also your fine design taste! The ring is as lovely and elegant as the special lady who wears it. :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Late to the thread but I just wanted to :clap: and commend you for your thoughtfulness as a daughter and also your fine design taste! The ring is as lovely and elegant as the special lady who wears it. :kiss2:

Thanks for your kind words @KristyDarling ! I truly appreciate them!

Heather Alvey

Rough_Rock
The reset is AMAZING. I'm sure she'll love it. The new design seems timeless and a much better way to show off the diamond than the trillion side stones. What a thoughtful thing to do for your mom. Hope she loves it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much @Heather Alvey ! My mom is still loving her ring. Here's a pic from lunch this past weekend. She said, "everything in this picture looks great except for the wrinkly hand." My mom definitely has a good sense of humor :D

7BFD33B9-2770-4ECB-9007-2EB72FD4EEBA.JPG

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
As some of you know, my mom is celebrating a big birthday this month and I wanted to do her something meaningful for her. The last 6 years have been challenging for my family as my dad was diagnosed with spinal cancer shortly after my parents retired. My dad had to learn how to walk again and he has been in and out of the hospital with complications. Throughout this ordeal, my mom has constantly supported my dad. She really deserves a special treat. I hope she loves what I have secretly done with her diamond!

Stats: The diamond is a 4.7 ct J color. I don't have the cert but I recall that is is VS/VVS clarity.

This stone has always been beautiful in my eyes-in fact, it inspired my e-ring choice-but the setting has always bugged me a little. I just felt that the trillion color enhanced the tint in the emerald cut. Here's a before pic:

IMG_9935.jpg

I wanted to find a way to enhance the stone and increase the face up. It's a very leggy ec with a 12.2 x 7.5 mm face up. I chose a baguette and single cut halo.

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

The new setting compared with the old:

IMG_2608.jpg

I'm smitten with this ring. I think Daniel M did a great job. My mom's birthday isn't until next week, but I can't wait to give ring to her. We're taking her to an Orchid exhibit this Sunday and will present her with the ring then!

You hit it out of the ballpark!!! Wow, what an improvement!!! I LOVE IT an am sure your Mom will too!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results