shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 4.7 ct Emerald Cut Reset for my Mom's Milestone Birthday

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
As some of you know, my mom is celebrating a big birthday this month and I wanted to do her something meaningful for her. The last 6 years have been challenging for my family as my dad was diagnosed with spinal cancer shortly after my parents retired. My dad had to learn how to walk again and he has been in and out of the hospital with complications. Throughout this ordeal, my mom has constantly supported my dad. She really deserves a special treat. I hope she loves what I have secretly done with her diamond!

Stats: The diamond is a 4.7 ct J color. I don't have the cert but I recall that is is VS/VVS clarity.

This stone has always been beautiful in my eyes-in fact, it inspired my e-ring choice-but the setting has always bugged me a little. I just felt that the trillion color enhanced the tint in the emerald cut. Here's a before pic:

IMG_9935.jpg

I wanted to find a way to enhance the stone and increase the face up. It's a very leggy ec with a 12.2 x 7.5 mm face up. I chose a baguette and single cut halo.

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

The new setting compared with the old:

IMG_2608.jpg

I'm smitten with this ring. I think Daniel M did a great job. My mom's birthday isn't until next week, but I can't wait to give ring to her. We're taking her to an Orchid exhibit this Sunday and will present her with the ring then!

Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow.. the ring is gorgeous and the story brought tears to my eyes. Your mom does deserve a very special treat. Taking care of an ailing spouse is so stressful and she has done such a wonderful job of keeping it all together.
I hope things get easier for your Dad soon.
Yay for your mom! She will just LOVE the ring!!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful and thoughtful daughter you are @lulu_ma

I know your mum would love it and be thrilled with the surprise. I can't wait till you give it to her. I hope you can swapsies so we can have more pictures of this beauty.

I hope your dad gets better so they can both enjoy your mum's new bling.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is just lovely! What a sweet and generous daughter you are! I can’t wait to hear about her reaction when presented with this beauty. Wishing all the best for your dad and your family.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As some of you know, my mom is celebrating a big birthday this month and I wanted to do her something meaningful for her. The last 6 years have been challenging for my family as my dad was diagnosed with spinal cancer shortly after my parents retired. My dad had to learn how to walk again and he has been in and out of the hospital with complications. Throughout this ordeal, my mom has constantly supported my dad. She really deserves a special treat. I hope she loves what I have secretly done with her diamond!

Stats: The diamond is a 4.7 ct J color. I don't have the cert but I recall that is is VS/VVS clarity.

This stone has always been beautiful in my eyes-in fact, it inspired my e-ring choice-but the setting has always bugged me a little. I just felt that the trillion color enhanced the tint in the emerald cut. Here's a before pic:

IMG_9935.jpg

I wanted to find a way to enhance the stone and increase the face up. It's a very leggy ec with a 12.2 x 7.5 mm face up. I chose a baguette and single cut halo.

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

I'm smitten with this ring. I think Daniel M did a great job. My mom's birthday isn't until next week, but I can't wait to give ring to her. We're taking her to an Orchid exhibit this Sunday and will present her with the ring then!

The new setting is absolutely perfect, well done! I'm sure your mom will be head over heels when she sees it. :love:

As for what to do with the old setting...here's a little Imperial Topaz inspiration. =)2

Insp 1 (2).jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Happy birthday lulu_mama!! :bigsmile: ❤️

The new style you chose flatters her stone :appl: She’ll be thrilled!!

Take some rings with orchid photos for us!! ::)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Wow! It came out amazing!!! She’s going to be thrilled!!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful way to honor an even more wonderful mother and wife❤️…beautiful ring, @lulu_ma !! Happy Bday to your Mom! I just know she’ll love it:kiss2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:! You are gonna make this one of your moms most memorable b-days!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow.. the ring is gorgeous and the story brought tears to my eyes. Your mom does deserve a very special treat. Taking care of an ailing spouse is so stressful and she has done such a wonderful job of keeping it all together.
I hope things get easier for your Dad soon.
Yay for your mom! She will just LOVE the ring!!!
Thank you @Rubies-R-Me. Yes, my mom has really been a rock. She so deserves this!

What a wonderful and thoughtful daughter you are @lulu_ma

I know your mum would love it and be thrilled with the surprise. I can't wait till you give it to her. I hope you can swapsies so we can have more pictures of this beauty.

I hope your dad gets better so they can both enjoy your mum's new bling.
Thanks @maryjane04 . The setting is so lovely. I wouldn't mind if she wanted to swap once in a while :D

Oh this is just lovely! What a sweet and generous daughter you are! I can’t wait to hear about her reaction when presented with this beauty. Wishing all the best for your dad and your family.

@Bonfire Thank you for your well wishes! I hope she loves this ring and thinks about how loved she is every time she wears it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow! This ring is SPECTACULAR! What a wonderful gift for your mom :kiss2: the stone looks so much bigger and whiter than in the old setting. Nothing like a halo for coverage.
@AllAboardTheBlingTrain Thanks! I really do think the new setting enhances the stone so much more. I don't think she can get DSS bc there's no more real estate :lol:

What a lovely thing you did, and she's going to love it. :love:

Thank you! @ItsMainelyYou I hope she wears it every chance she gets!
Gorgeous stone, beautiful ring, and what a lovely story! :kiss2:

@lala646 thank you!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely thing to do!

And what a transformation - it's beautiful & she will love it! Please update this thread with mummy handshots & let us know how she reacted :kiss2:
I definitely will @Ally T . Thank you!

@lulu_ma the ring is fabulous!!! Happy birthday to your mom and healing wishes for your dad. You are a wonderful and generous daughter.❤

Edited to add the ring has me thinking about a reset.
@Diamond Girl 21 thank you. Do it-it's amazing what a new setting can do!

The new setting is absolutely perfect, well done! I'm sure your mom will be head over heels when she sees it. :love:

As for what to do with the old setting...here's a little Imperial Topaz inspiration. =)2
Thanks @prs ! That topaz ring is lovely. I'm not sure what my mom will want to do with the trillions yet...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday lulu_mama!! :bigsmile: ❤️

The new style you chose flatters her stone :appl: She’ll be thrilled!!

Take some rings with orchid photos for us!! ::)

@yssie thank you-and I love the pun! Sunday is going to be picture overload :D
wow that is stunning!!!
Thank you @diamondringlover !

Wow! It came out amazing!!! She’s going to be thrilled!!!

Thank you @MamaBee ! This setting totally reminds me of Ashlee's former setting!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Such a stunning makeover!! I know she will love it! It is sooooo elegant.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful way to honor an even more wonderful mother and wife❤️…beautiful ring, @lulu_ma !! Happy Bday to your Mom! I just know she’ll love it:kiss2:
Thank you @maita13 . I'm going to have to take her out a lot so she has places to wear the ring!

I just want to say :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:! You are gonna make this one of your moms most memorable b-days!
I hope so @ZestfullyBling ! This is a big birthday. I want her to know much she is appreciated.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a gorgeous ring and an even more gorgeous daughter to give her mom such an elegant and thoughtful gift. ❤️

You rock @lulu_ma
Happy birthday to your mom!
And healing vibes and well wishes to your dad.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
OMG what a gorgeous ring and an even more gorgeous daughter to give her mom such an elegant and thoughtful gift. ❤️

You rock @lulu_ma
Happy birthday to your mom!
And healing vibes and well wishes to your dad.

Thank you @missy ! I'm happy to do almost anything to bring my parents some joy :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@yssie thank you-and I love the pun! Sunday is going to be picture overload :D

Thank you @diamondringlover !

Thank you @MamaBee ! This setting totally reminds me of Ashlee's former setting!

@lulu_ma I see what you mean about it looking similar to Ashlee’s former setting…It’s a beautiful setting but she was too small for it. The setting wore her instead of the other way around. Your mom’s beautiful, and huge emerald cut diamond is just perfect for the setting you set it in. Her diamond isn’t swallowed up like little Ashlee. Your mom’s setting is perfect for her emerald cut! It’s perfect! :kiss2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a transformation!! It's so beautiful, she's going to love it! And hellooooo finger coverage :kiss2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to your mum @lulu_ma .
What a lovely daughter you are, the reset is stunning and I hope your mum is thrilled.
Best wishes to your dad and your family Xx

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning! The new setting really enhances the beauty of your mom‘s diamond. Plus, killer real estate! What a kind and generous gift for your mom.
I can’t wait to hear all about her reaction on Sunday.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

Woah, gorgeous and huge!! She can't help but love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results