carat
color
clarity

3+ ct LM inspired EW double halo

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1380555212|3529588 said:
For Rosebloom and TL; not 500 hundred pictures but 4 more taken late in the day.

Gorgeous!!! But I want the remaining 496 photos. :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1380554356|3529583 said:
TL,
Yes, my office has only fluorescents so it is more of a challenge to find gemstones that can perform well under such lighting. This spinel has no such issues though; it looks great all the time everywhere. I'm not sure if I can balance my iphone for video taking on one hand!

I think high quality blue violet spinels are the exception to the fluorescent lighting issues with many gems. They just seem to glow this beautiful tanzanite color, but with the amazing optical properties and luster of a spinel.

periwinkle

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking but this ring is so gorgeous that I had to sign up for an account...
love how the ring looks! and the colour of the spinel is just wonderful! :love: :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, thank you Periwinkle and TL. I was taking more pictures today when I noticed some issues with the prongs. I just contacted Chris at ERD and hope to hear back from him soon. In the mean time, these were just taken a few minutes ago. Still loving the ring but concerned about the prongs.

sun_came_out.jpg

another_hue.jpg

colourful_flecks.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since there is so much metal and diamond glare outdoors, I took these in my office because the lack of lighting shows the workmanship better.

Update:
Just received a call back from ERD and the ring will be sent back to correct the prong issues. Although I am relieved, I am still concerned and hope that everything will turn out well.

detail_1.jpg

detail_2.jpg

detail_3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chrono for the extra pictures!!!

I just can't stop staring at this ring.

Good to hear you're taking care of the prong issue, heaven forbid the stone falls out or something happens. Prongs are really important, and I had to learn that the hard way a couple of times. :((

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just keeps getting better with each picture! I'm so glad you're getting those prongs fixed. Loosing that stone would be just awful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the support, TL and Rosebloom, but it is far more serious than just loose prongs. It is most likely that the entire setting has to be remade. I don't want to post pictures of it because ERD is taking care of this right away. The most major issue stems from an earlier error that they made whilst the rest are minor (tool marks on prong, one prong longer than the other).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1380715322|3530664 said:
Thanks for the support, TL and Rosebloom, but it is far more serious than just loose prongs. It is most likely that the entire setting has to be remade. I don't want to post pictures of it because ERD is taking care of this right away. The most major issue stems from an earlier error that they made whilst the rest are minor (tool marks on prong, one prong longer than the other).
:o
I'm so sorry to hear that. Ugh!

Good luck on the completion of the piece. I know you waited such a long time to have this ring made already, so what a bummer. :((

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It seems to me that ERD uses a few benches and one of them always seems to have issues...ok maybe not always but that person has a few more hippcups then the rest. At least ERD typically catches it or has no issue remaking the ring/ doing whatever it takes to make the customer happy.

Chrono I'm glad they are working with you on correcting the issues you have pointed out. I will be staying tuned to see what happens.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I'm late to the show (which seems to occur often these days!). What a truly beautiful stone, and you've chosen the perfect setting to display it. I really love the whole package. I hope ERD gets the issues ironed out, setting remade, whatever needs to be done in order for this to be back on your hand ASAP. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they use a 3rd party bench but did not realize that they use several, which makes sense. The setting was already remade once (1st delay), then had a fairly large hiccup after it was done (2nd delay). Looks like this will be the second remake and 3rd delay. I made clear that time is not an issue because I want it to be done right the first time. It was the second hiccup that is making me reconsider not using ERD for future projects.

ETA
Just saw JustGinger's post. Thanks for you support as I really need it right now. Totally bummed. :(sad

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1380725888|3530731 said:
I know they use a 3rd party bench but did not realize that they use several, which makes sense. The setting was already remade once (1st delay), then had a fairly large hiccup after it was done (2nd delay). Looks like this will be the second remake and 3rd delay. I made clear that time is not an issue because I want it to be done right the first time. It was the second hiccup that is making me reconsider not using ERD for future projects.

ETA
Just saw JustGinger's post. Thanks for you support as I really need it right now. Totally bummed. :(sad

I didn't realize this was part of a longer, ongoing saga - how frustrating! Especially when you took your time finding the exact right setting, sorted through the CADs, and now to have it (rather literally) snatched back off your hand. :nono: I'm very sorry, Chrono. Do you intend to allow them to remake it, or are you thinking of asking for your money back to go with a different bench?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, everyone, the ring is back and it looks 1000000000000% better at first glance. I'll be able to see better once I start its photography session. Per ERD, they did not need to remake the ring but they remade all 4 prongs and told me they sent it to their best prong guy. I suppose that by rights, I should add any new pictures to this thread or should I start a new one? :tongue:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1381629336|3536677 said:
Okay, everyone, the ring is back and it looks 1000000000000% better at first glance. I'll be able to see better once I start its photography session. Per ERD, they did not need to remake the ring but they remade all 4 prongs and told me they sent it to their best prong guy. I suppose that by rights, I should add any new pictures to this thread or should I start a new one? :tongue:

Yay!! That's really good news. Now you can really enjoy your blue beauty!
Every time I look at the pics I am more impressed!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1381629336|3536677 said:

DO BOTH!!!

post new photos here and start a new one.. cant wait to see it...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom and Greg,
Thank you so much for the support! I needed it after all the ups and downs with this ring. It has not been a good weekend or Monday for photography with constant rain and rain clouds but this is the best I can do for now. I will try again later today.

fireworks_at_night_1.jpg

img_2336.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No sun so everything looks very blah but at least I don't have to worry about table glare. :lol:

cloudy_day_1.jpg

cloudy_day_2.jpg

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and stone Chrono. You really have the most amazing taste and one of my favourite collections! Sorry to hear of the production issues, I hope everything is to your liking now.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Amazing colour!! Glad that it is back on your hand and they have sorted out the prongs issue.
You have an amazing collection, chrono!!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, still as gorgeous as ever :love: . Glad you got everything sorted :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH My GOODNESS... I forgot to check back.. and WOW!!!!! Stunning.. the colors is shows are just beautiful and the setting is super fabulous!!!! I love it!!!! :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to take a 2nd look and drool some more! :cheeky: Love the redo!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear this got fixed. I'm getting something done by ERD...your ring still looks stunning.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
I'm so glad that ERD fixed the issues, and it looks even better (if that were possible).

Enjoy!

periwinkle

Rough_Rock
the spinel has such fabulous colours!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in love...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this marvel. What an amazing, bright, beautiful stone! And the graceful, fluid lines of the ring...perfection! I can only imagine what a stunner it is in real life.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be prepared for picture spamming. If you cannot take it, this is your last chance to turn back now. :lol: Yes, ladies and gents, it is going to rain any minute today but where there is a will, there is a way so what is a PSer to do? Take photographs in the car, of course!

Before that, I have to give my thanks to Bling Addict, Greg, Scarlett, Mayk, M2Boys, Pregcurious, TL, Periwinkle, SpheneQ, and Arkteia for such gracious compliments.

I did have some reservation in working with ERD for future projects but they handled my concerns extremely well and promptly, so major kudos to ERD for that. The prongs are level, straight and all the same height now. No gaps or if there is any, it is minimal to the point of being negligible. The stone is set very straight and low, which I love. The melees are unbelievably sparkly and this is coming from an owner of several WF custom made rings with ACA melees. The symmetry is perfection. The flow is fluid. I cannot ask for more. Not only that, they were willing to work within my budget. Thank you ERD! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have been warned so here goes. :cheeky:

clear_frontal.jpg

darker_lavender_blue.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results