shape
carat
color
clarity

3+ ct LM inspired EW double halo

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your stone is so unique as is your ring! I like this ribbon-style halo, so beautiful, so different :love: :love: And I love that purple with blue flecks shot. One of a kind ring :appl: Well done :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :appl: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is overcast so I had to take indoor pictures which is a PITA since I don't want my colleagues, and more importantly, the director, to see what I am doing instead of working. Please excuse the blurry pictures because I had to snap these quickly. Worse yet, my shadow kept falling onto the stone, so it ended up looking dark. ;(

office_1.jpg

office2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink, blue and purple all at once but mostly purple since the overhead light used are all CFLs.

office_3.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many thank you's to PSers who've come to share my enjoyment of the new spinel ring. A shout-out to:
Natsplat, NKOTB, Ashleight, CanukGal, JewelFreak, Yssie, 04Diamond, MZ and PinkJewel.

TL,
I usually remove my rings once home but I just couldn't do it last night. That's when you just KNOW it's a personal favourite. :lol:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of your spinel is simply stunning. Love everything about this ring! :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono, Your spinel and whole ring is mesmerising. That spinel glows magically. Love :love: :lickout: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have fluorescent lighting at work Chrono? I just love the color of those fine violets in fluorescent light, like yours. Drooling over here. More pictures!!!! We need about 500. LOL!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous, Chrono!!! :love: Great spinels are hard to find, in my opinion, or I'd have a bunch of them! This was a great find and obviously meant for you!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Turned out well! Enjoy beautiful blue Chrono.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the finger coverage! :love:

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!!!!!! Congrats!! :love: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most beautiful settings I've seen!! Gorgeous! CONGRATS! :bigsmile: :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh TDF!! :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I am rarely outside of the CS forum, and I am so glad I ventured here tonight. It looks amazing. You have such an amazing collection.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! :love: :love: :love: :love:

The colors in that are amazing! I love how it can be so many different shades at one time. The setting really shows off the beauty of the stone!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: I am officially in love....Head over heels...
The moment i saw the first photos of this beauty, i thought: I wish wish wish she was mine...!!!
The color of the stone is mesmerising...What an amazing spinel....And the setting showcases the stone beautifully...It looks gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Seriously, everything about this setting is so wonderful...And even though i'm not a big fan of the EW setting of stones, i find this one perfect!!!
Huge congrats Chrono :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
(You should come visit us more often here at SMTB ;)) )

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is soooo beautiful, Chrono! The setting is perfect for it, and the colors in that stone are mesmerizing. I can see why you wouldn't want to take it off! What great fortune that you were able to purchase it again. Destiny! It now has the perfect home. Wow and Wow.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish the mods would let us post videos, because I bet it's breathtaking when the light is dancing off of the facets, and the diamonds, those color shifts, rainbows, etc. . . .

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Do the people at your work stare at your rings? You have quite the collection.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I just came back to look to see if you had posted more pictures and realized I must have been too overwhelmed the first 8 times I viewed this thread to comment. It is absolutely amazing. You have created a true one-of-a-kind beauty. The whimsical and dramatic aspects of the setting pair with the stone perfectly. I'm with TL, I'd be buried in that beauty!!!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
that's so beautiful. I did see this while flitting about PS, and I considered the setting for when I was looking at oval stones too. you have fantastic taste!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning. The spinel is gorgeous and I love the delicate halo. Just perfect.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible, Chrono. I love the EW setting!

Chrono|1380197920|3527575 said:
I was a coloured stone novice back then

I'm sorry but I chuckled. If you were a novice, who the hell taught you? :lol: It's kinda like how kids can't picture their parents as kids… I can't picture you as a novice!

I'm so happy for you that the stone you parted with ended up back in your hands. It seems like it was meant to be, eh?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Far out, Chrono. That's just the most beautiful stone.

And the setting. Immaculate. Just gorgeous. If it were me I would have set the spinel just a little bit lower, but that's from a stone protection point of view. Not aesthetics. I can be hard on my jewellery and I would want to wear that baby all the time.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I'm speachless. :o :shock: :???: ...and this doesn't happen too often. :lol:

How can you function with that kind of ring on your finger? I would just stare it all the time and not get anything done... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Derbygal, Confection, Wordie, Mom2boys, Meganmomma, msop, and Kaleigh, luv2sparkle, nowicanseethemoon,
Thank you all!

TL,
Yes, my office has only fluorescents so it is more of a challenge to find gemstones that can perform well under such lighting. This spinel has no such issues though; it looks great all the time everywhere. I'm not sure if I can balance my iphone for video taking on one hand!

Diamondseeker,
Finding the right spinel can be quite the challenge but when it's the one, the rewards are endless. It is such a fun stone.

Pregcurious,
I rarely venture outside CS myself. I pop by RT and Hangout once a week or so, SMTB even less often. My superior sometimes comments on my jewellery. :bigsmile: My mother thought it was a diamond ring, so when I said it is a spinel, she had this blank look. :lol:

TooPatient,
This spinel throws out all sorts of fun colours. It is incredibly sparkly and unless there is only a single type of light source (no windows), I rarely get a single colour showing, otherwise, it will always show flecks of blue, pink, purple, lavender, and other colours.

NatyLad,
This is my first EW coloured stone (had it for an EC, which I no longer own). I find that only certain hand shapes and stone size are well suited to EW.

Sonyachancs,
There is no copyright on this design, so don't feel restricted if you wish recreate something similar in the future. The only copyright would be on Leon's original design with the yellow diamond collar.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madelise,
I know I'll be back near LA in a few months, perhaps you'll get the change to see this in person. And yes, as parents were once teenagers, I was once a novice. :cheeky:

Misskittycat,
I've recently posed this question to ERD too, whether there is any way to have the spinel lower. The spinel cannot possibly be set any lower (the culet is barely 1 mm from poking my finger) but I don't know if the halo "halves" can envelop higher so that the table is flush with the halo. The second concern is how much this will affect the colour shifting properties of the spinel. As it is now, it shifts extremely easily and fully because there is very little light obstruction.

Kalomeli,
Being distracted from work is fine but being distracted whilst driving can be dangerous. :tongue: I have to remind myself to keep my eyes squarely ahead of me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For Rosebloom and TL; not 500 hundred pictures but 4 more taken late in the day.

inside_car.jpg

sidewalk_1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light ran out on me quickly so these aren't the nicest.

sidewalk_2.jpg

evening.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results