shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.56 Emerald cut 5 stone setting

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your ring would also look fab with a baguette channel band or just baguette band, dainty of course. I hear you on not wanting a mishmash. I tried on a 3 mm channel band at Mark’s, the one in the inspiration pic, and it just did not look good on me! Maybe it’s my finger size being so tiny but I thought it definitely took away from my ring. I will post some pics of the 1.8mm I order in, if it doesn’t look good then it’s a plain ring for me!

So fun going on this journey with you as I know you LOVE step cuts just as much as I do! Please keep me posted on what you decide with your band:love: what shall we do with all this time on our hands now that these ring projects are over... hahah!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
312258BB-E632-41D5-A59B-D8A50D2E906E.png 8C1FE0B1-3CF9-447C-BCC2-4C73CE069F61.jpeg
I was thinking, if anything at all, a simple baguette channel band. This one is only 1.8 mm so very tiny and I could return. Thoughts?
And this was inspiration with a 3mm band which was way too big for me when I tried on
Love it. They will go very well together and not take away the attention of your large stone, yet they complement each other. esp if you could return it, it’s a no brainer to order and try it out. How fun and this process won’t be nearly as stressful as setting your ring. Hope you enjoy the new set whatever you decide. It’s fun here onwards!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondlove123 I will post some pics as soon as it comes in! Hope it works. Have you given the specs of your fab stone??!! It looks enormous! Can’t wait to see it on your finger and hear more details about it :)

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
D373C6CF-5A58-4B9C-B137-C15CC4F3F288.jpeg 21B02037-C7E7-4631-85FE-6BCF0632B692.jpeg I’m not sure if this helps or not....I bought a gold band as well to mix things up. I liked how it made the rings pop and also looked good with the new watch; just some food for thought. The photos make everything look big but it all looks very sweet and dainty. 5C9D2A79-D72C-4D2F-AEB2-761AE67CB435.jpeg 33047693-36EE-4051-BB5D-629C4226E976.jpeg

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D373C6CF-5A58-4B9C-B137-C15CC4F3F288.jpeg 21B02037-C7E7-4631-85FE-6BCF0632B692.jpeg I’m not sure if this helps or not....I bought a gold band as well to mix things up. I liked how it made the rings pop and also looked good with the new watch; just some food for thought. The photos make everything look big but it all looks very sweet and dainty. 5C9D2A79-D72C-4D2F-AEB2-761AE67CB435.jpeg 33047693-36EE-4051-BB5D-629C4226E976.jpeg
GORGEOUS!!! I love them all!!! :) <3

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@MrsKBP they look so amazing with your ring!! Thank you for sharing. And I love you Cartier watch, classic! I have one too... must be a square thing:lol:

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
@MrsKBP they look so amazing with your ring!! Thank you for sharing. And I love you Cartier watch, classic! I have one too... must be a square thing:lol:

I've had RB engagement rings and I have absolutely nothing against them so don't want to offend anyone because they are gorgeous. With that being said and on the record...EC was always my "dream" shape but it's just not that common and most certainly not when & where I was growing up. Now that I'm a grown up and have a hubby that said, "Get your dream ring", I didn't hesitate and I am so glad I did. I get complimented on my ring every single day....I haven't had it that long but still....not that I got it for compliments but it feels so good! Is that bad? I just love it when others see what I see! Not just that it's big but it's so pretty. (she says like a little girl)

So I've joined the club, drank the Kool-Aid and smiling big!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
AS you can see by my icon I am a fan. I am so jealous I have always wanted to change the setting but it was my mothers and I just can't I love you r setting mine is 3.66 H color si1 GIA....

enjoy it I get a million compliments a day

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Fabulous ring I love everything about it and the little baguette ring goes with it beautifully.
Enjoy !

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewel of the Week. Woohoo!!! Very well deserved. It’s a beauty

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AS you can see by my icon I am a fan. I am so jealous I have always wanted to change the setting but it was my mothers and I just can't I love you r setting mine is 3.66 H color si1 GIA....

enjoy it I get a million compliments a day
I have seen your ring as I think I have looked up all the ECs on this site! It’s beautiful but I hope you get the setting of your dreams one day

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've had RB engagement rings and I have absolutely nothing against them so don't want to offend anyone because they are gorgeous. With that being said and on the record...EC was always my "dream" shape but it's just not that common and most certainly not when & where I was growing up. Now that I'm a grown up and have a hubby that said, "Get your dream ring", I didn't hesitate and I am so glad I did. I get complimented on my ring every single day....I haven't had it that long but still....not that I got it for compliments but it feels so good! Is that bad? I just love it when others see what I see! Not just that it's big but it's so pretty. (she says like a little girl)

So I've joined the club, drank the Kool-Aid and smiling big!
I couldn’t agree more, I honestly don’t find any cut as stunning as an emerald cut! Your ring has gone around to all my friends, I send out the pictures you post and everyone swoones over it! LOL. Thank you for sharing all of your bands, I will let you know when mine comes in Monday and if it looks good:)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love::love::clap::clap::clap:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ginormous EC. Stunning. :love::love::love:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Would that mean starting over with a whole new setting or can this one be modified? (That's not my vote, it's just a question, hypothetically!) :)

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! It is going to be a cold one for you, burr! I would be keeping the same setting but just taking off the bezel. I have felt like from the beginning the trapezoids still overwhelm the center stone a bit, I’ve been in contact with Mark, and he is definitely willing to do anything to modify it. Maybe taking off the bezels and not actually having to re-cut the traps is an easier way to solve the problem? I do really love the current setting but I’m just thinking I might tweak it down the line. Here is what I was thinking and could be an easier modification than re-cutting.
https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/...-stone-ring-2-46-carat-emerald-diamond-detail

I keep coming back to my setting and trying to figure out what bugs me, I know it’s ridiculous!

Last edited:

StepCutLover

Shiny_Rock
@Blingalingaling Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! It is going to be a cold one for you, burr! I would be keeping the same setting but just taking off the bezel. I have felt like from the beginning the trapezoids still overwhelm the center stone a bit, I’ve been in contact with Mark, and he is definitely willing to do anything to modify it. Maybe taking off the bezels and not actually having to re-cut the traps is an easier way to solve the problem? I do really love the current setting but I’m just thinking I might tweak it down the line. Here is what I was thinking and could be an easier modification than re-cutting.
https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/...-stone-ring-2-46-carat-emerald-diamond-detail

I keep coming back to my setting and trying to figure out what bugs me, I know it’s ridiculous!

Yes, removing the bezel should really let the center stone become the main focus.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! Thanksgiving was so nice but, as predicted, it was bitter cold! It's since warmed up here, today it's 52 degrees, thank goodness! I hope your holiday was wonderful!
I watched the Leon video and I can see where you're going with this. That would probably solve your dilemma, by lightening up the metal presence you will just see a flow of diamonds straight across your finger. It's a beautiful ring, and so is the one you have now. But I can understand how you're feeling. If there's still something bugging you about your ring after all these weeks, you do have options, so at least you know that if you decide to modify your current ring or have this other setting made down the road using all of your stones, either way you will have a stunning ring!
Did you watch Orange County? I'm looking forward to the reunion starting tomorrow night! (I think of you every time I watch it now!) I heard that there may be a cast shake-up before the next season! Maybe "The OG of the OC" won't be back?? She looks great after her facelift, I think! Have you seen them around lately?
I went to a function a couple of weeks ago where Siggy Flicker (from RHONJ) was the keynote speaker and I met her, her husband and her mom! They all were very, very nice! She's not in the cast this season.
Hope you're well and enjoying the beautiful SoCal weather! :kiss2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling Thank for your thoughts..I always look forward to them! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving...it was 70' here, actually wish we had a bit more of seasons really! So one of my worries about getting rid of the bezel is exactly what you said, will I just see a stream of diamonds without a real distinction of the main EC?? Or will it make the EC standout more like I want? So hard to know! I will either keep it or call Mark after the holidays. Wish I could actually see my diamond without the bezel.

I watch NJHW as well! I LOVED Siggy's home, so Ralph Lauren and classic. She too had a facelift and I thought she look FAB after! My best friend recently saw Vicki on her plane ride and said she did not look good in person. She actually said her face looked a bit "clay" like:-o But I do agree she looks good on TV. I see Tamra from time to time. Definitely better on TV as well, a bit pulled in person. So funny how makeup, camera lenses etc can be deceiving! I too have heard Vicki might be leaving because of some allegations she made....can't wait for the finale tonight!! I still think Dorit is just darling, jewels, style...everything!! Look forward to your thoughts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results