shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.04 OEC K, VS1 Early 20th Anniversary

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Introducing my OEC. Thank you to Adam at Old World Diamonds.

GIA OEC
K, VS1
3.04 carats

This stone is stunning, bright, so lively, won’t stop sparkling. It has super sharp facets that appear extremely symmetrical to my eyes. The petal pattern in the center and diamond shapes all along the edges are extremely clear. I constantly see the facets flash at me as light hits the stone. Adam said it is one of the best cut OECs that he has.

It took me quite a while to commit to this stone because it definitely had more color than the previous F, VS1 MRB I had. I was deciding between this one and a 3.29 I, VS2. The I was bigger and definitely brighter in all environments. In the end I had to go with the K because of the beautiful, symmetrical faceting, and liveliness of the stone.

The back story is here if anyone is interested.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tique-cut.219320/page-2#post-4035621#p4035621

I apologize in advance. These are all iphone pics. I suck with a real camera.

Next to my J AVR

under yellow lighting in yellow room

_3769.jpeg

_3770.jpeg

_3771.jpeg

_3772.jpeg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Handshots!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More...

_3777.jpeg

_3778.jpeg

_3779.jpeg

_3780.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Promise almost done. Shows you how many pics I took during the testing phase.

_3788.jpeg

_1188.png

_1189.png

_1190.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perspective shot

_3789.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, beautiful stone!!!! Congrats!!!! Did you keep your RB as well? If so two beautiful rings :naughty:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1464070178|4035635 said:
Oooooh, beautiful stone!!!! Congrats!!!! Did you keep your RB as well? If so two beautiful rings :naughty:

No, had to say goodbye to the F. Farewell...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the new stone is an absolute beauty!!!! I just read about your tussle of emotions with the K and I think it will be fine, OECS are totally different to RBS the cut, the pattern, the individual charm of them matters a lot more than colour and grades on paper, you judge these stones with your eyes and yours is lovely!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1464070792|4035642 said:
I think the new stone is an absolute beauty!!!! I just read about your tussle of emotions with the K and I think it will be fine, OECS are totally different to RBS the cut, the pattern, the individual charm of them matters a lot more than colour and grades on paper, you judge these stones with your eyes and yours is lovely!!!!

Thank you arkieb1. I know that those who have had old cuts for a while can understand the learning process. Like I was saying to AZstonie, I am discovering you can't just order up a perfectly cut 3.5 OEC in a J, VS1. You've got to look out for it, hunt and maybe, just maybe if you're lucky, you may come close. What a different world from the super ideals that are cut to order.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the specs:

9.13-9.20 x 5.8mm

table: 49%
depth: 63.3%
girdle: thin to slightly thick

Playing with my idealscope

_3790.jpeg

_3791.jpeg

_3792.jpeg

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this! What a great size on your hand, it looks perfect and what beautiful faceting. It really glows in the pictures! I adore the setting and how you wear it. If I had the funds for that same ring I'd get it in a heartbeat.
Thank you for sharing your story, your other thread was an interesting read. I went from a rb to a gog cushion and have to say the switch has made me a little confused because it is, as many have said, a different flavor rather than greener grass... I still prefer the broad flashes of color from the cushion over the rbs splintery look, but I miss the round shape. Maybe an oec in a future upgrade..!
/aca :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - your new stone looks beautiful! Did the Victor setting have to go with the old stone?

The stone does look very lively and sparkly - hope you are over the moon happy!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning! :love:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love! wowee. what a beaut!
did you design the setting?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to add that I love the hand shots with your new solitaire and plain band. I don't have this combo but it never fails to catch my eye each and every time I see a beautiful solitaire that shines on its own with minimal bands - just gorgeous!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Oh-so-beautiful!! Congratulations!!! :love: :love: :love:

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Holy mother. This is stunning!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Who did the setting?

Edit: I just read the previous posts and see that Adam at OWD did the setting. It looks gorgeous! Can we get close-ups of the band?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I am so thrilled for you but you already know that. This OEC has been my favorite since we saw it last November. It is just gorgeous in every way. A spectacular facet pattern, beautiful brightness throughout, and such a lively stone. Soft colors coming from it making it just glow with beauty yet appearing so white and bright. Personality galore and beautifully perfect IMO. :love: :love: :love: It looks stunning on your lovely hand too. :love:

Honestly I don't think you could get a more beautiful OEC or diamond for that matter. I love everything about it and I am sure you are tired of hearing me say so haha. Looking forward to seeing dozens more pics please and again congratulations!!! So happy for you to have this truly dreamy and dream OEC!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Btw, Bea cannot wait to visit with your gorgeous diamond! 8)

And HAPPY early Anniversary LLJsmom!!! Big (((HUGS))) to you (and your dh!) and so glad not only do you have your dream man you now have your dream diamond! :love: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your anniverary bling, LLJsmom! :appl: Your new OEC looks beautiful on you! :love:

So what do you think about the difference in size compared to your MRB?

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, stunning ring. :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's utterly stunning!!! I love it!! Enjoy. :) :) :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent! With your tennis bracelet and VCA butterfly DIVINE :love: :love: :mrgreen: :bigsmile:
It's certainly helps that you have beautiful hands too. All so fabulous!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: your OEC is absolutely gorgeous and has beautiful presence on your hand. It looks so bright and lively-- I doubt any casual observer would notice any color; my experience is that people usually just notice size and the overall gestalt that it is sparkling and beautiful!
Congratulations and wear it in great health! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO gorgeous LLJsmom!!! :love: :love: :love: It's a beautiful and exceptional diamond, amazing faceting and is perfection on your hand! Enjoy your new stunner and congratulations! :dance: :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love!!!! Congratulations on this stunning purchase and on 20 years of marriage! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: :appl: I am familiar with that stone because my PS friend also tried it, but she was after different specs. Of all the OECs he sent her, I felt that one was the best cut! So I am very excited that gorgeous stone has ended up in a PS home!

The setting is beautiful, too! Are you keeping that or is it temporary?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to give credit where credit is due. Without a whole OEC support and consultation team, I would never had the mental and emotional fortitude to see this through. The ladies that shared wisdom and gave me encouragement, Missy, AZstonie, Callie. Junebug, Marcy. I can't thank you enough for tolerating rambling texts and videos from every room in my house for two weeks. Special thanks to Yssie too who understood my color issues and tolerated random texts and panicky thoughts.

Thank you to Adam at OWD. He is the best person, so patient and committed to helping me find a stone that I could love. He sent stuff back and forth to me time and time again. I would never have had the chance to get to know myself and how I react to these stones if it wasn't for him.

He provided the setting. I just asked for whatever he thought would be appropriate and he came up with this. I think it's an antique setting. I will try to post more pictures. This will be permanent for as long as I can see. I'm still a bit traumatized that I made the switch over. I am constantly looking at my finger to make sure it's really there. I'll be honest. I'm not sure this is forever. But according to my DH, it will be for a while. I don't blame him. ;))

_3794.jpeg

_3795.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results