shape
carat
color
clarity

2.75 G-VS1 in the Michael B 3-sided Petite Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 4:12:38 PM
Author: cutey TT

Here is the first one (orange fire in the funky yellow and black Michael B ring box):
Gorgeous shot!!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Extremely elegant set !! Gorgeous stone ! congrats !! Wear it in good health
36.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ellen and ayala_jessica.

I wore the set out again...and am getting more and more used to it. Tomorrow I take it to the mall...maybe I''ll step into Tiffanys for a quick looksie under their fabulous lighting!
9.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 7:45:08 PM

I wore the set out again...and am getting more and more used to it. Tomorrow I take it to the mall...maybe I''ll step into Tiffanys for a quick looksie under their fabulous lighting!
9.gif

BTW, I was in some yoga pants store, Lululemon, with FI the other day... they have the most amazing lighting in their stores for jewlery... Lin''s e-ring was shining from across the stores... you''ll need to check it out... Plus you can pick up some $100 yoga pants. Haa. Lin swears by those things--she must have 10 pairs of them...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Cutey! I have missed so much being away from PS for 2 weeks! Your new set is just lovely, and HUUUUGE!

Love your pictures, too - very nice!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 7:49:22 PM
Author: sna77

9.gif

BTW, I was in some yoga pants store, Lululemon, with FI the other day... they have the most amazing lighting in their stores for jewlery... Lin''s e-ring was shining from across the stores... you''ll need to check it out... Plus you can pick up some $100 yoga pants. Haa. Lin swears by those things--she must have 10 pairs of them...
Wow, funniest coincidence. I was talking to this woman at the gym today and she was telling me about Lululemon! I just looked them up online...I''ll have to check it out.

Thanks LaurenThePartier!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2008 3:48:19 AM

No prob! I love watches too. Helping sna77 choose the perfect wedding gift for future-Mrs. sna77 is fun. diamondseeker - are you hoping to get a new watch soon too? How exciting! I''m probably going to have to wait til a major anniversary (many, many years from now) before I can even broach the subject of getting a new one. This MB set is supposed to be my present for a bunch of important dates / events for a while, according to DH.
Oh, I''ve been looking on and off for months. I really haven''t had a lot of time to travel to where I can see the different brands. I tried on some over the Christmas holidays including the Rolex. And I tried on Tag and Baume and Mercier this past week at the beach. But I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around spending $7000 for a stainless watch with no diamond bezel when I can get a Tag, Ebel, Longines, Concord, etc. with a diamond bezel for less than the Rolex. Of course, those won''t hold their value over time like the Rolex, but I wouldn''t ever plan to sell my watch either! The funny thing is, I like more than one, so it is hard to settle on one...just like with wedding sets!!!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 11:47:55 PM

Wow, funniest coincidence. I was talking to this woman at the gym today and she was telling me about Lululemon! I just looked them up online...I''ll have to check it out.

Thanks LaurenThePartier!
1.gif

Just spoke with FI... She said get the "Groove" style... She loves how they fit, and says they are incredibly comfortable... And from a guy''s perspective her butt looks great in them.
30.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 12:00:09 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 3/28/2008 3:48:19 AM

No prob! I love watches too. Helping sna77 choose the perfect wedding gift for future-Mrs. sna77 is fun. diamondseeker - are you hoping to get a new watch soon too? How exciting! I''m probably going to have to wait til a major anniversary (many, many years from now) before I can even broach the subject of getting a new one. This MB set is supposed to be my present for a bunch of important dates / events for a while, according to DH.
Oh, I''ve been looking on and off for months. I really haven''t had a lot of time to travel to where I can see the different brands. I tried on some over the Christmas holidays including the Rolex. And I tried on Tag and Baume and Mercier this past week at the beach. But I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around spending $7000 for a stainless watch with no diamond bezel when I can get a Tag, Ebel, Longines, Concord, etc. with a diamond bezel for less than the Rolex. Of course, those won''t hold their value over time like the Rolex, but I wouldn''t ever plan to sell my watch either! The funny thing is, I like more than one, so it is hard to settle on one...just like with wedding sets!!!

DS - you could always go for the RHW (right hand watch) along with the left hand one. haaaa

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif

cutey, i was wondering if you were getting used to it, and are you wearing the band with the e-ring most of the time too? i think taking it into Tiffany''s is a fab. idea. i totally plan to do it when my ring gets here.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 8:41:50 AM
Author: mrssalvo

9.gif

cutey, i was wondering if you were getting used to it, and are you wearing the band with the e-ring most of the time too? i think taking it into Tiffany''s is a fab. idea. i totally plan to do it when my ring gets here.

I didn''t get to spend too much time in Tiffanys...and I had to pretend that I was looking at *their* jewelry! It did look great in there though. BTW, I stopped by the De Beers store while I was at the Galleria, and they had a beautiful fancy yellow radiant in a YG halo setting that was TDF! Although DH didn''t think that the yellow diamond looked good with my skin tone, I thought it looked fab on my RH.

I have been wearing the two rings together for the most part. As I mentioned in one of my first posts, the rings are a little loose, so they fit better when I wear them both. I am getting used to the size...the biggest difference is that together, they are much wider than my Ritani alone. It''s just a lot more "bulk" on my finger, if that makes sense...?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous! I love this set! It looks huge on you! Great pictures too!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif

vs

Rough_Rock
Congratulations...it is gorgeous! I love how delicate it looks
1.gif

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and fabulous set!!
30.gif
36.gif

How do you find the height of the setting though?

Mine is set lower and I keep bumping it into things....I love your setting and how it sits flush with the Wedding Band! Am just wondering if you find it comfortable for day to day wear?
I hate it whenever mine gets knocked around....
8.gif

Thanks in advance!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 12:47:46 PM
Author: BlingItOn
30.gif
36.gif

Mine is set lower and I keep bumping it into things....I love your setting and how it sits flush with the Wedding Band! Am just wondering if you find it comfortable for day to day wear?
8.gif

Thanks in advance!
Thanks snlee, Anna0499, vs and BlingItOn!

BlingItOn - the height is actually fine. I thought it would be a bigger concern, since I''m so used to my Ritani bezel, which sits almost flat against my finger. The weight of the stone + the pave head + the fact that the rings are a little loose is causing the e-ring to spin / droop to the side. If I had known, I would''ve ordered the set maybe a 1/4 size smaller...?

While the set is extremely comfortable on the finger, I definitely find myself babying it more than I ever did the Ritani. I do feel like I have to be a little more careful with it, and try to take it off when I go to the gym, give the kids a bath, etc. Michael B does not recommend using the ultrasonic, so I''ve been cleaning it with a soft toothbrush for touch-ups...but stuck it in the u/s anyway cuz I can''t stand a dirty ring.
6.gif

BTW, I love love love your ring...and I can imagine how sad you must be when it gets knocked around! I have yet to experience a hard knock with this one, but I''m sure I''ll be feeling chest pains when it does happen.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cutey, i think that''s great you let your MB take a dip in the ultrasonic. seriously, i''m going to let my DK do the same thing from time to time. I know *they* don''t recommend it for pave but i can''t stand a dirty ring either.

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2008 2:05:12 PM

Date: 4/1/2008 12:47:46 PM
Author: BlingItOn
30.gif
36.gif

8.gif

Thanks in advance!
Thanks snlee, Anna0499, vs and BlingItOn!

BlingItOn - the height is actually fine. I thought it would be a bigger concern, since I'm so used to my Ritani bezel, which sits almost flat against my finger. The weight of the stone + the pave head + the fact that the rings are a little loose is causing the e-ring to spin / droop to the side. If I had known, I would've ordered the set maybe a 1/4 size smaller...?

While the set is extremely comfortable on the finger, I definitely find myself babying it more than I ever did the Ritani. I do feel like I have to be a little more careful with it, and try to take it off when I go to the gym, give the kids a bath, etc. Michael B does not recommend using the ultrasonic, so I've been cleaning it with a soft toothbrush for touch-ups...but stuck it in the u/s anyway cuz I can't stand a dirty ring.
6.gif

BTW, I love love love your ring...and I can imagine how sad you must be when it gets knocked around! I have yet to experience a hard knock with this one, but I'm sure I'll be feeling chest pains when it does happen.
Thanks cutey TT!! I am contemplating changing my setting because most of the Wedding Bands I tried with it wouldn't sit flush. I also LOVE the Pave look your have....Especially from the side!
30.gif

I know what you mean.....Can't stand a dirty stone here either! The DH thinks I am nuts the way I keep cleaning mine!
37.gif

ginzagirl

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous rings!!!! You are sooooo lucky.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this when I was out of town....it is so beautiful! Looks HUGE on you!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
BlingItOn - I love your setting. But I understand your desire for a band to sit flush. However, you could always wear your band on the other hand...? I think your monster rock can definitely hold its own!

ginzagirl - Thanks! I can''t wait til you get your HW cushion. I love that ring...it''s just so gorgeous!

Tacori - Thanks! Your kind words mean a lot!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cutey, i read in the other thread that you are experience dss already. i''m sorry
7.gif
maybe you should put your set away for a week or so and then when you put it back on it will seem big again? I do hope if your hearts desire is for a larger stone that someday you hubby will be on board and accomodate your request though.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Another added to my all-time fav list------YUMMY!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 10:36:52 AM
Author: mrssalvo
cutey, i read in the other thread that you are experience dss already. i''m sorry
7.gif
maybe you should put your set away for a week or so and then when you put it back on it will seem big again? I do hope if your hearts desire is for a larger stone that someday you hubby will be on board and accomodate your request though.
mrssalvo - you know what it is? i think when i wear it together with the band, it looks smaller! it really is a gorgeous ring -- the MB head with the diamond prongs...
30.gif

UCLABelle - Thanks!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Oh HEAVENS!
I love them!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful!
36.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your rings are so beautiful. When you were choosing a setting, were you ever tempted to put your larger sparkly into a Ritani halo like your other ring? Now, being the proud owner of two equisite settings -- do you think the higher setting is more flattering to a large diamond or the lower halo setting?

Just exquisite! Congratulations.
26.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
cutey TT, your ring is to die for! It''s very elegant.
36.gif

sna77, I love your watch. Good choice.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 4:21:22 PM
Author: Bliss
Oh, your rings are so beautiful. When you were choosing a setting, were you ever tempted to put your larger sparkly into a Ritani halo like your other ring? Now, being the proud owner of two equisite settings -- do you think the higher setting is more flattering to a large diamond or the lower halo setting?

Just exquisite! Congratulations.
26.gif

First, thanks for the kind words, 2danes, gwendolyn and Venice!

Bliss - I definitely knew I didn''t want another halo this time around. Not only because I already have the Ritani, but I really wanted to go for that solitaire look. Before I finally decided on MB, I was originally thinking plain, platinum solitaire...a la Leon Mege.

Hm, which is more flattering? The MB setting is truly a work of art. It sparkles like there''s no tomorrow. The Ritani, on the other hand, really compliments my smaller stone well. The profile of the Ritani is very open, so with a larger, deeper stone, I''m not sure how it would look. I did once see a 2 ct CZ in the Ritani at BB&B, and it did look really nice. The micropave on the two rings is different in scale as well. The Ritani has much smaller stones and has more of an antique-ish look about it, while the MB just looks blingy. I think in some other thread, the Ritani vs. MB micropave was described as shimmery vs. sparkly, if that makes sense.

I''m not sure if I''m answering your question properly...?
40.gif
I was told by Matthew (Michael B''s son) that the 3-sided setting looks the best with an 8+ mm stone, so with that being said, my original stone (1.14 ct) probably would look a little overpowered in the MB setting, causing the stone to look smaller. The super-thin shank of the Ritani (< 2 mm) and the halo definitely have the effect of making any stone appear larger (which is always a good thing!).

I''ve noticed that even with the new stone (2.75 ct), when I wear the w-band together with the e-ring, the stone seems to "shrink" due to the width of the combined bands. Each one is 2.2 mm.

All in all, you can definitely halo a larger stone, but you''re going to get a completely different look. Really depends on what you''re trying to achieve. HTH.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Looks HUGE on your hand!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results