shape
carat
color
clarity

2.75 G-VS1 in the Michael B 3-sided Petite Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
sna77 - I really like it! The silver face definitely is neutral...what I like about it is that it''s both casual, yet dressy...and at the same time, a little modern looking. I wasn''t sure if the little diamonds would provide enough of a contrast, but it looks really good in the pictures. So, you already purchased her watch as well? I''m assuming you wanted to get it before the price increase?

If she''s at a large law firm and dressed up all the time, the watch will look perfect on her. Like I said, I''m usually dressed down and I feel that the watch really goes both ways (I like the fact that the blue face matches my jeans - hehe). I used to work for a large consulting company, and I have to say that I once got a comment from a VP that I was wearing the nicest watch on the team. That didn''t bother me as much as the fact that he said it in front of our client during lunch.
38.gif

Interesting that partners in her Boston law firm comment on her ring size. Is that uncomfortable for her? I''m sure some of our friends will comment or talk behind my back once they see my new set.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 9:30:00 AM
Author: cutey TT
sna77 - I really like it! The silver face definitely is neutral...what I like about it is that it''s both casual, yet dressy...and at the same time, a little modern looking. I wasn''t sure if the little diamonds would provide enough of a contrast, but it looks really good in the pictures. So, you already purchased her watch as well? I''m assuming you wanted to get it before the price increase?

If she''s at a large law firm and dressed up all the time, the watch will look perfect on her. Like I said, I''m usually dressed down and I feel that the watch really goes both ways (I like the fact that the blue face matches my jeans - hehe). I used to work for a large consulting company, and I have to say that I once got a comment from a VP that I was wearing the nicest watch on the team. That didn''t bother me as much as the fact that he said it in front of our client during lunch.
38.gif

Interesting that partners in her Boston law firm comment on her ring size. Is that uncomfortable for her? I''m sure some of our friends will comment or talk behind my back once they see my new set.
I haven''t bought hers yet... I couldn''t decide if I should get her a pendant or a watch for the wedding gift... I was leaning towards the pendant and now I''m leaning towards the watch. What do you think??? I knew what i wanted all along (I''ve only been telling her for the past 2 years--ha) so she had her money ready and just bought it the last day before the price increase... I waited so I got hosed (the price went up over $1k for this watch--grr).

As for the partners in Boston making comments... She doesn’t really care... She was just taken aback... When she visits her old NYC office, her ring is sorta middle of the pack for the office in terms of size, flashiness etc. In the Boston office, it’s by far the nicest one she said (although most partners are male, and most of the women are in marketing / admins / paralegals etc)...

btw, is it OK if I shamelessly post my watch in your thread?
2.gif
I haven''t been able to share it with anyone yet since I''m not supposed to be wearing it until July and its killing me!

sna-sub-3-66-08.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 10:28:59 AM
Author: sna77

I haven''t bought hers yet... I couldn''t decide if I should get her a pendant or a watch for the wedding gift... I was leaning towards the pendant and now I''m leaning towards the watch. What do you think??? I knew what i wanted all along (I''ve only been telling her for the past 2 years--ha) so she had her money ready and just bought it the last day before the price increase... I waited so I got hosed (the price went up over $1k for this watch--grr).

As for the partners in Boston making comments... She doesn’t really care... She was just taken aback... When she visits her old NYC office, her ring is sorta middle of the pack for the office in terms of size, flashiness etc. In the Boston office, it’s by far the nicest one she said (although most partners are male, and most of the women are in marketing / admins / paralegals etc)...

btw, is it OK if I shamelessly post my watch in your thread?
2.gif
I haven''t been able to share it with anyone yet since I''m not supposed to be wearing it until July and its killing me!

sna77 - You really can''t go wrong with either a pendant or a watch. Either way you decide, you''ll be fine. I guess I would decide by picking the thing she needs most right now, and I guess that depends on whether she already wears a pendant and/or watch, and which one you''d want to upgrade first, if that makes sense. I think it was two years ago that Rolex also had a *very* significant price increase...craziness! BTW, *love* your watch. Very classic!

Also, the sun has been peeking out of the clouds here and there (and both kids are napping), so here are a few more pictures. I also used a different camera, so hopefully these look a little clearer.
10.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 3:37:55 PM

sna77 - You really can''t go wrong with either a pendant or a watch. Either way you decide, you''ll be fine. I guess I would decide by picking the thing she needs most right now, and I guess that depends on whether she already wears a pendant and/or watch, and which one you''d want to upgrade first, if that makes sense. I think it was two years ago that Rolex also had a *very* significant price increase...craziness! BTW, *love* your watch. Very classic!

Also, the sun has been peeking out of the clouds here and there (and both kids are napping), so here are a few more pictures. I also used a different camera, so hopefully these look a little clearer.
10.gif

hey your pics never came through! ;-)

As for that part... she has a watch (which she hates), and doesnt have a pendant... What does she need ... nothing if you asked her, haha. I think she would get more use out of the watch for sure... Not sure how oftne she''d wear the pendant? How often do most women wear theirs???

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 3:45:35 PM

Date: 3/27/2008 3:37:55 PM

10.gif

hey your pics never came through! ;-)

As for that part... she has a watch (which she hates), and doesnt have a pendant... What does she need ... nothing if you asked her, haha. I think she would get more use out of the watch for sure... Not sure how oftne she''d wear the pendant? How often do most women wear theirs???
I would buy her the watch. Personally, I would much rather have a watch that I wear everyday, and then get a pendant later. Or even better, you could get her a non-solitaire (and less expensive) pendant for everyday wear in addition to the watch. I wear a platinum Elsa Peretti cross pendant with diamonds from T&Co. I never take it off and I''ve had it forever. In fact, my first year out of school, it was my tax return gift to myself.
1.gif

RE: pictures, I''ve been experiencing some technical difficulties. Here is the first one (orange fire in the funky yellow and black Michael B ring box):

MB001-3.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Blue fire in yellow ring box:

MB003.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I tried using a different camera today (macro mode). The initial pictures were taken with our SLR and I couldn''t get it to take any closeups.

MB018.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Sick of me yet? The handshots all look about the same:

MB026.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I got some close-up shots on the windowsill. Sorry about the fuzz:

MB030.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock

MB032-2.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now... I tried to do something like this, but the hose was unraveled and the positioning was all wrong!

REL_174.jpg

MB053-2.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 4:16:57 PM
I got some close-up shots on the windowsill. Sorry about the fuzz:

this pic looks incredible. I love this setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible pictures! I love your rings, cutey! As you said, if only we could have multiple sets, this would be one I''d choose!!!

sna77, I love your new watch! I recently tried on one like you are planning to buy your fiance except it had the white dial with diamonds and loved it. Are you gettting the stainless steel bracelet or white gold? Do you have a dealer that will give you a discount?

My only thought about the diamond pendant is that she could wear it for the wedding whereas I can''t quite picture the Rolex with her wedding dress! I sort of think the Rolex would make a memorable 1st anniversary gift, though!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cutey, that is kinda cool you got the MB box with the rings! i always thought pearlmans put the rings into their own boxes. maybe i''ll get a DK box with mine
41.gif

love the new pics and still seriously love, love, love your rings!!!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 5:13:54 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Incredible pictures! I love your rings, cutey! As you said, if only we could have multiple sets, this would be one I''d choose!!!

sna77, I love your new watch! I recently tried on one like you are planning to buy your fiance except it had the white dial with diamonds and loved it. Are you gettting the stainless steel bracelet or white gold? Do you have a dealer that will give you a discount?

My only thought about the diamond pendant is that she could wear it for the wedding whereas I can''t quite picture the Rolex with her wedding dress! I sort of think the Rolex would make a memorable 1st anniversary gift, though!
Hmmm... her sister has a pendant she could wear for the wedding... would that help sway the decision towards the watch? btw, here''s the one you tried on I think...

white face with diamond bezel? I''d go the bracelet pictured here in stainless / WG (the $7k watch not $25k one). haha

sna-wbezel-3-27-08.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock

Thanks sna77 and diamondseeker for the compliments!

I''m not sure if it''s a real tradition, but a lot of Korean people exchange watches for their wedding. The guy''s side buys the woman a watch, and vice versa. FWIW (I know you and your FI aren''t Korean -- haha).

mrssalvo - here''s a picture of the Michael B ring box. As you know, it''s black on the inside (like a bumblebee). Pearlmans sent me two boxes, the MB one and theirs. Theirs is really nice...black and cream inside. I snapped some pictures so you can see. When I bought my Ritani from them, they sent me an off white-ish ring box, but this new black one is much nicer IMHO. Hopefully you''ll get two boxes as well!

MB063.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
The black Pearlmans box:

MB064.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Inside of the Pearlmans ring box:

MB065.jpg

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 6:35:26 PM

Hmmm... her sister has a pendant she could wear for the wedding... would that help sway the decision towards the watch? btw, here''s the one you tried on I think...

white face with diamond bezel? I''d go the bracelet pictured here in stainless / WG (the $7k watch not $25k one). haha
sna77 - I really like the silver dial better. A couple years ago, DH and I bought my parents matching two-toned Rolexes...and we considered both the white and champagne dials for them since they''re older and those are supposedly the most popular (gift for their 60th birthdays). In the end, we got them the ones with silver dials because the white was too much of a stark contrast and the gold blended too much with the gold number markers and watch hands.

Which bracelet are you going to get -- the oyster or jubilee?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I like the silver dial better, too, they just didn''t have that one at the time. But my favorite is the mother-of-pearl dial. It''s just a shame they price that so much higher. I am still considering Tag and Ebel because I could gte MOP and a diamond bezel for a good bit less than the Rolex. Not sure about the diamond bezel, though, because I am pretty casual all the time.

I liked the jubliee bracelet more than the oyster. I think it looks a little more feminine. (And I assure you, I was looking at stainless, not wg, too!)

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 7:05:19 PM
I think I like the silver dial better, too, they just didn''t have that one at the time. But my favorite is the mother-of-pearl dial. It''s just a shame they price that so much higher. I am still considering Tag and Ebel because I could gte MOP and a diamond bezel for a good bit less than the Rolex. Not sure about the diamond bezel, though, because I am pretty casual all the time.

I liked the jubliee bracelet more than the oyster. I think it looks a little more feminine. (And I assure you, I was looking at stainless, not wg, too!)
I *LOVE* the MOP dial, but you''re right, it''s significantly more expensive! Ultimately, I want one with a MOP diamond dial, diamond bezel and lugs -- in WG -- and the President bracelet. Haha - my husband laughs at me! I saw this exact watch with a pink MOP dial once and it was very pretty, but I would probably get it in white MOP so it doesn''t look too girly-girly.

I think the oyster bracelet looks sportier and the jubilee looks more traditional. Either way, I love Rolexes cuz you never have to worry about replacing the battery, and it''s an all around classic watch! You pretty much can''t go wrong with any combination.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 7:11:01 PM

Date: 3/27/2008 7:05:19 PM

I *LOVE* the MOP dial, but you''re right, it''s significantly more expensive! Ultimately, I want one with a MOP diamond dial, diamond bezel and lugs -- in WG -- and the President bracelet. Haha - my husband laughs at me! I saw this exact watch with a pink MOP dial once and it was very pretty, but I would probably get it in white MOP so it doesn''t look too girly-girly.

I think the oyster bracelet looks sportier and the jubilee looks more traditional. Either way, I love Rolexes cuz you never have to worry about replacing the battery, and it''s an all around classic watch! You pretty much can''t go wrong with any combination.

I like the MOP too... but w/o the diamonds... i think the diamonds get lost in the MOP...

Alos, I think I''ll definitely go with the silver face, with diamonds, jubilee bracelet for sure. Nothing about my fiancé says "sporty" so the oyster is out of the question...
2.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! Your rings look huge and beautiful! I absolutely love Michael B.
18.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Talk about real estate coverage... you''ve got your finger covered well, girl!

mskatee

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 8:27:23 PM
Author: fabcrab
Oh my gosh!!! Your rings look huge and beautiful! I absolutely love Michael B.
18.gif
Thanks fabcrab, Rock Candy and mskatee!

I''m looking forward to wearing it out and about this weekend! Checking it out in various lighting conditions...
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 8:18:28 PM

I like the MOP too... but w/o the diamonds... i think the diamonds get lost in the MOP...

Alos, I think I''ll definitely go with the silver face, with diamonds, jubilee bracelet for sure. Nothing about my fiancé says ''sporty'' so the oyster is out of the question...
2.gif
Good choice! I think the jubilee bracelet will be pretty on her! (We should have started a watch thread...sorry cutey!)

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 10:37:01 PM
Date: 3/27/2008 8:18:28 PM

Alos, I think I''ll definitely go with the silver face, with diamonds, jubilee bracelet for sure. Nothing about my fiancé says ''sporty'' so the oyster is out of the question...
2.gif

Good choice! I think the jubilee bracelet will be pretty on her! (We should have started a watch thread...sorry cutey!)

No prob! I love watches too. Helping sna77 choose the perfect wedding gift for future-Mrs. sna77 is fun. diamondseeker - are you hoping to get a new watch soon too? How exciting! I''m probably going to have to wait til a major anniversary (many, many years from now) before I can even broach the subject of getting a new one. This MB set is supposed to be my present for a bunch of important dates / events for a while, according to DH.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings and watch!!!
30.gif
9.gif
3.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2008 3:48:19 AM

Date: 3/27/2008 10:37:01 PM

No prob! I love watches too. Helping sna77 choose the perfect wedding gift for future-Mrs. sna77 is fun. diamondseeker - are you hoping to get a new watch soon too? How exciting! I''m probably going to have to wait til a major anniversary (many, many years from now) before I can even broach the subject of getting a new one. This MB set is supposed to be my present for a bunch of important dates / events for a while, according to DH.

hahah, our threead jack has reached the point of no return... sorry again... =) Maybe I''ll start up a "help me plan my wedding gift / honeymoon" thread this weekend... I''m utterly hopeless when it comes to the honeymoon part of the plan--I know where I want to go (oh its a suprise), but am waaay to disinterested in researching it. haha. Thx for the help you two... I''ll link off my new thread when I make one...
9.gif

/obnoxious thread jack
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results