shape
carat
color
clarity

2.54ctw OEC 3-stone perfection!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and your BF is a keeper letting you wear it before the engagement!!!

Thank you! I think it’s cuz he knows I’m in the group of people that aren’t normal jewelry wearers haha!

So incredibly gorgeous! Great size and the facet pattern is a work of art. I love these old cuts and yours is no exception. Each one is so unique and those flashes of color- amazing!

Thank you very much! The facet pattern truly is amazing. I was apprehensive at first cuz I usually go for very flowery teeny table OECs but man am I glad I took a look at this beauty! When you know you just know! Which is why we always tell all the new OEC hunters that you gotta see these things IRL! Numbers are boo hockey sometimes!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hi @Lvoeshinythings! Thank you so much! It’s so hard to capture the facets of the side stones but I’ll try today when the sun comes out!

My old setting was very very different than this. It was right at the beginning of when I joined PS back in 2009. It was a halo and it was very big and bold. It was a Tacori wedding set but I can’t say much more because I don’t want any choice words or pictures to be linked back to my old account. I have a crazy exhusband and I really don’t want word getting out that I am engaged.

It’s funny how much my taste has changed since. As beautiful as they are, I don’t care much for halos anymore other than big clusters or settings for CS. Now I’m more of a “let’s get the biggest diamond for my budget and a setting with as little metal as possible.” But, I’m still a big fat sucker for OECs!

Ah ok I got you!

Let’s talk about this beauty. I’m not a fan of Tacori anyways. ;-)

I started following Sako on IG because of you. I’m obsessed. What’s it like to work with them? Sometimes, with certain vendors, I feel like I am bothering them even though I am nowhere near as meticulous as others. Just curious in case I want to work on another piece (definitely not touching my Butterflies!).

I hear your about OEC’s. I have a small AVOEC and sometimes (sometimes!) I feel like I should have went entirely that route with my big diamond. But then I look at my WF ACA and baby, I just melt away...

For the video thing — how about YouTube? I created a YouTube just for shiny things. I would love to see a video of your beautiful piece.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Ah ok I got you!

Let’s talk about this beauty. I’m not a fan of Tacori anyways. ;-)

I started following Sako on IG because of you. I’m obsessed. What’s it like to work with them? Sometimes, with certain vendors, I feel like I am bothering them even though I am nowhere near as meticulous as others. Just curious in case I want to work on another piece (definitely not touching my Butterflies!).

I hear your about OEC’s. I have a small AVOEC and sometimes (sometimes!) I feel like I should have went entirely that route with my big diamond. But then I look at my WF ACA and baby, I just melt away...

For the video thing — how about YouTube? I created a YouTube just for shiny things. I would love to see a video of your beautiful piece.

Yea! Don’t touch your butterflies or else I’m gonna have to clobber you!

Have I not said enough great stuff about Sako, haha! I feel like my head is permanently stuck up his butt! I’m very type A so I don’t like it when I’m not in control of my surroundings which I know is kind of annoying but Sako never made me feel like I was ever a bother. Plus, if you’re not as meticulous, that works too because I feel like he is. So it’s easy to entrust a project with him knowing that he is so detail oriented that I don’t need to tell him that the diamond facets need to perfectly line up with the prongs. (Even though I did because...Type A. Hey! I’m not proud of it!) Also, as much as he’s a professional, he’s very laid back and easy to talk to.

I linked my YouTube video because I don’t know what happened to my Vimeo one. I recorded in HD but looks like highest playback is 480.

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
This combo is amazing :-o

Unfortunately they don’t look good together on the hand! It’s like they’re trying to outshine each other, the competitive suckers.

Last edited:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
That ring is particularly beautiful! I love three stones and this one is a stunner.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is the poster child for 'absolutely perfect OEC 3 stone ring'. That center OEC is just delicious. You are so lucky, congrats!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
such an incredibly GORGEOUS 3 stone oec ring!!! euro cut are among one of my most favorite!! I love them to no end! I also adore your french cut band, as well! wear and enjoy in the very best of health and happiness! So so so beautiful!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Well, it’s here! After working on my engagement ring since January, I finally have my ring! Seems pretty surreal!

Stats
Center: GIA 1.92ct L VS2, 8.07-8.17mm
Sides: uncerted .62ctw, 4.3mm
Setting: made by CJD Sako, platinum

I cannot begin to describe how amazing it was to work with Sako. He is truly one of a kind. His workmanship is impeccable and his attention to detail is bar none. I really appreciated his honesty and his transparency and I never felt like I was talking to a jewelry salesman but to an old friend.

Alright, enough mushy talk! You guys want me to shut up and get to the pictures! Umm... there’s a lot so... good luck! A9F5D73A-40D9-4D25-B199-4629D9D3FF8E.jpeg 1207E643-B33C-4792-8929-85847EF5E986.jpeg D40EC266-57B7-4E70-8043-B92B36B7B1F1.jpeg 0509DD60-43FC-4191-AB27-8B8752694D04.jpeg 88A6F41B-574C-4A7F-9FA3-93231A32032B.jpeg 8C2A0DF2-F0CF-4478-B151-4C8BAB47905F.jpeg F4554729-DF1C-4508-90C7-5FFAF0F11332.jpeg 7DCE1055-36E9-4EBA-BD1A-E7D7BFC594F4.jpeg 98457D3E-BDCF-4DF6-B4AB-2C456FD0B58C.jpeg 22F8BE8B-F248-4EC3-9E38-DCFCF786F731.jpeg 48EC5403-760B-4D16-B11F-631B2D61FAD7.jpeg A2081023-CD2A-49FE-822E-9647F665AECC.jpeg 38251E26-795E-40D0-BAA3-E40A35E3F514.jpeg FA620DC7-78A4-4817-8E39-E6654012B21A.jpeg

OMG this is perfection

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Those diamonds are stunning! I love all the colors flashing from them. There is nothing as pretty, as an old cut diamond. Wow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgoeus.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ! Congratulations !

That ring is particularly beautiful! I love three stones and this one is a stunner.

Wooooow what a stuuuuuuunner!!!!!! Congratulations!

Your ring is the poster child for 'absolutely perfect OEC 3 stone ring'. That center OEC is just delicious. You are so lucky, congrats!

I'm so late to this.....how did I miss this. It is 3-stone PERFECTION. swoon!

Your ring is perfect!

Oh wow, thank you for the new comments! I really appreciate all the love.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
such an incredibly GORGEOUS 3 stone oec ring!!! euro cut are among one of my most favorite!! I love them to no end! I also adore your french cut band, as well! wear and enjoy in the very best of health and happiness! So so so beautiful!

OMG this is perfection

Those diamonds are stunning! I love all the colors flashing from them. There is nothing as pretty, as an old cut diamond. Wow!!!

It’s gorgoeus.

Absolutely gorgeous in every possible way!

Thank you so much! I do have to admit that I am already getting a bit of DSS and have been contemplating what my next steps should be. Get a big blingy wedding band or sell this and put the money and w-band money into an upgrade... but how much of a mm increase would I need is the problem.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! I do have to admit that I am already getting a bit of DSS and have been contemplating what my next steps should be. Get a big blingy wedding band or sell this and put the money and w-band money into an upgrade... but how much of a mm increase would I need is the problem.

@Spring Day, the DSS set in mighty fast! However, I can relate to your dilemma.

When DSS sank in with my emerald cut, I changed the side stones instead to 1) make up for the missing bling factor, 2) to change the proportions of my sides that I was unhappy with and 3) solve the finger coverage problem.

With my (perpetually) current 3 stone OEC project, I haven’t even set the stones yet and I’m feeling DSS setting in already. I was thinking I’d stack it with multiple eternities to, sort of, make up for the missing bling factor.

So, yeah, I hear ya on DSS! And I see what you mean with your frenchies sort of competing with your 3 stone. Perhaps changing the side stones’ size or getting an OEC or OMC eternity stacked with another, shall we say, colored stone eternity will do the trick? Either way, I’m excited to see what you come up with!

Wait, there’s another PSer who also has a lovely 3 stone that she pairs with a CvB Norah. Let me find the pics for you...

Edit to add @stc715 thread on her gorgeous ring. I hope she doesn’t mind my posting it here.

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@Spring Day, the DSS set in mighty fast! However, I can relate to your dilemma.

When DSS sank in with my emerald cut, I changed the side stones instead to 1) make up for the missing bling factor, 2) to change the proportions of my sides that I was unhappy with and 3) solve the finger coverage problem.

With my (perpetually) current 3 stone OEC project, I haven’t even set the stones yet and I’m feeling DSS setting in already. I was thinking I’d stack it with multiple eternities to, sort of, make up for the missing bling factor.

So, yeah, I hear ya on DSS! And I see what you mean with your frenchies sort of competing with your 3 stone. Perhaps changing the side stones’ size or getting an OEC or OMC eternity stacked with another, shall we say, colored stone eternity will do the trick? Either way, I’m excited to see what you come up with!

Wait, there’s another PSer who also has a lovely 3 stone that she pairs with a CvB Norah. Let me find the pics for you...

Edit to add @stc715 thread on her gorgeous ring. I hope she doesn’t mind my posting it here.

It really did set in fast. It actually set in the moment I got it but I tried to push that feeling aside cuz I didn’t want DF to kill me. I thought about changing the side stones too but I love the proportions of my 3-stone. Got some advice about haloing but 3-stone halos are not my cup of tea.

It’s funny that you linked @stc715 ring because the blingy band I was thinking of is an oec/omc band similar to @stc715 This 3-stone has almost the exact same proportions and stone sizes as mine along with the band I want.
765EA8D0-94EA-4F32-BE59-118E70A90294.jpeg E609DCBD-8050-48FC-9DD1-1F466FAB29A2.jpeg

So it’s either this or upgrade. I feel stressed haha!

Did you fix your DSS when you switched out your sides?

Last edited:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
It really did set in fast. It actually set in the moment I got it but I tried to push that feeling aside cuz I didn’t want DF to kill me. I thought about changing the side stones too but I love the proportions of my 3-stone. Got some advice about haloing but 3-stone halos are not my cup of tea.

It’s funny that you linked @stc715’s ring because the blingy band I was thinking of is an oec/omc band similar to @stc715’s. This 3-stone has almost the exact same proportions and stone sizes as mine along with the band I want.
So it’s either this or upgrade. I feel stressed haha!

Did you fix your DSS when you switched out your sides?

Sorry to hear DSS set in that fast. Pretty stressful, I agree, lol! Such a beautifully faceted center stone you have though but the heart wants what it wants. ;)2
My SO also didn’t want me to change my center stone. It held, and still does, so much meaning for us both. So, switching out sides was the next best thing since I was unhappy with the proportions to begin with. I’m extremely pleased with how it turned out. It now gives me the finger coverage I crave. Plus I love to stack anyways, esp on days when I want extra sparkle. That said, no, I don’t have DSS when it comes to my emerald cut ring. Now I just want another ring with different shaped stones.
First world problems, I know. Shame, shame, shame on me!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow. So very beautiful. I don't think it could get more perfect!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
A little update on my center. I’ve always loved a bigger culet and as much as I love this diamond, I always wished it had a bigger one. So, I asked Sako if his dad could open up this baby for me and he did just that. I love it! And I didn’t lose even a smidge of carat weight.

Of course the day that I got my baby back, it started to pour down rain for like 2-3 days straight so I haven’t been able to get any good pics. Sun came out for about 30 minutes today and this is the only pic I could get. But, I’m happy! 6C5FCBED-EFFE-49B4-B6D6-712F4A7FD8B5.jpeg

eta: I just noticed the little piece of lint on the side stone. :eek2:

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring so *@#$%^* much, it makes me want to swear! :love: :love: :lol: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is crazy gorgeous!!! :love: I apparently saw the original post, liked it, and then forgot to come back and comment! I love that you enlarged the culet facet! I'd love to do that on mine. I think yours is one of the prettiest 3 stone settings I have seen!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results