carat
color
clarity

2.12 ct. AVR!!! Is it THE ONE???

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364618292|3416538 said:
ame|1364617795|3416532 said:
That's a pretty logical way to look at it! If you can seriously easily reuse it, it's beautiful, you know it works with your band, and the styles will be so complementary!!

I can absolutely commiserate with the "I just wanna be DONE" part of that. Mine went on for THREE YEARS...ugh! But the stone I guess was easy, that was only a few months, at most, and I was so relieved I got this stone fairly easily, it turned out to be perfect, and was worth the rejections before it. I am glad though that we went up to see it compared to even more, and that I saw AVCs, AVRs, and a few other cuts in person like Octavias, just so I could make 100% sure, since this one is mine for a damn long time!!! And I am not even ready for the reset despite needing to get that started, thankfully my wedding band drama is all done for now.

Just do not SETTLE for this to be done with it. Make sure you REALLY love this stone and it's quirks and personality and performance before you set it.

Ame, I envy you for having gone there! I think often that it would be nice to see more than one or two stones at a time! I think seeing the stones in person makes a huge difference, especially when it is anything other than a hearts and arrows round! And I don't blame you for being hesitant about doing your reset. I am sooo glad the Tiffany band worked for you, though!

I won't settle, I promise! I really want to do this right and not have to upgrade later!
Good deal! Not that an upgrade in a long long time isn't out of the question LOL....

I am SO glad we went. We wanted to go anyway, but DH really pushed that trip. Next time, maybe not at the end of January right before a huge blizzard.... It was a lot of fun though...the monsters they had in the store....holy crapola. :love: And it does make a HUGE difference to see these things in person when they're "out of the norm".

If I didn't feel so burned already about all this, the reset would be easy. I just can't get the intestinal fortitude and mental fortitude to go there again. I feel like I have to do something different this time. I dont know. *shrug*. I am happy with the band though!!!! It doesn't get enough wear but I love it. But I can live vicariously through you!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
This one is gorgeous. I'm so glad you like the bigger stone. I think that the only thing that might part you from it would be the colour, but if it is a high I, and you find that completely acceptable and charmingly appropriate for your modern antique, you should keep it.
It looks really beautiful on you, and you sound happy. :))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Looks like im late to this party! DS, this is one of the prettiest AVRs I've ever seen!! The pattern is stunning and vey much like a true oec. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I could bring myself to send it back! :D :cheeky:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, there doesn't seem to be a negative comment in the bunch and Forte and Dreamer's opinions carry a lot of weight for me on these stones. They've spent so much time studying, analyzing and buying OEC's and have really perfected knowing the nuances that they find desireable.

I feel we are very much closer to a winner!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I've seen this thread for a couple of days, but I didn't realize until now that YOU posted it! I thought that I'd let the real experts handle it. :lol: This is so exciting DS! :appl: I didn't know that GOG had changed the facet patterning of their AVRs but I have to say, I really really like it...much more than the old style. I spent some looking at Dreamers montage of stones and I really think that this 2.12 is everything that you have been wanting. You already know that I worry anytime I consider a larger sized stone, so I think that you know that I would caution you if I thought that you would regret this at all in that regard, but it truly truly truly, looks like it was made for your finger, it just 'fits' so perfectly.

I can't remember who made the suggestion that you hold on to this stone until the H is cut, and then compare them side by side, but I agree. Check out the color and size differences side by side and then you will KNOW that you made the right decision. I just sort of have a feeling about this one though! ;)) I think that by the time the H is ready you will have gotten used to the size of the I and the H will look too 'small' and since this one is already a high I, the color difference should be slight.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jane....Thanks! I do have to be sure about the color. The thing I have figured out is that these stones are so rare compared to regular round brilliants, that there is no way to find a stone with every single thing I want. (Well, I suppose if you are willing to pay a lot, anything is possible!). So I have to make compromises, but it has to be those that I can deal with. Color is important to me, but I can deal with more color in true antiques and this fine antique style cut stone, I believe! But I haven't had it 24 hours yet, so I need to really see it in a lot of lighting situations to be sure. It is white as can be in natural daylight. It is just at night in more yellow lighting that you see the stone take on a tint.

ForteKitty!!!...Another OEC expert!!! I am so happy you approve because you have an experienced and great eye for old style cuts! Truly, I wish I could manage the deal of a lifetime like you, Dreamer, Charmy, and others managed, but I might be too old to enjoy the ring if I waited for that! So it means a lot to me that you girls with the outstanding OEC's like the stone!

junebug...Oh goodness, if this baby was already set in a setting, it most surely wouldn't be going back!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR...yes, I am pleased that all the old cut lovers have approved of this stone, and especially our in-house OEC experts that found their own killer OEC's!

Christina..yes, I have lost my mind. :twirl: I cannot tell you what made me cross over to thinking I might could do a 2 ct stone!!!! :-o The main thing that helped was that I ordered an 8mm cz to look at to determine my maximum size. I was determined to upgrade, but I wasn't sure what my absolute size range was. I knew it needed to be more than 7.6mm which my first H&A was. I was thinking 7.8mm (1.8 cts.) would be fine. But stones that size are not as common as 1.5-1.7 range. But when I got the 8mm cz, my husband said he thought that would be the max and I agreed. I knew most 2 ct well cut stones are 8.1+mm, so that was why I sent for this stone to look at. I really wasn't thinking I would buy it at the time. I wanted to decide if the 1.7 ct stone was going to be too small for one thing. I will say that a 1.7 ct stone is plenty big in my world. If the cut turns out well on it, it is going to be a magnificent stone. But as Dreamer and others have shown, these old style cuts are more beautiful the bigger they are. I wouldn't turn down an AVR in ANY size, but the facets are just so pretty in larger stones (or maybe it is just my old eyes!!). I will not buy this if anyone in my real life perceives low color. They did in one stone I had here, but so far my husband and youngest daughter did not comment on seeing tint in this stone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!

DS, I just want to add that you will not regret going larger. IMO get the largest whitest AVR you can afford because you know that deadly DSS really exists! This AVR is lovely in every way from what I can tell from your pics. Ofc I might be biased as I do love that OEC faceting! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: !

missy|1364649361|3416660 said:
DS, I just want to add that you will not regret going larger. IMO get the largest whitest AVR you can afford because you know that deadly DSS really exists! This AVR is lovely in every way from what I can tell from your pics. Ofc I might be biased as I do love that OEC faceting! :love:

I was JUST looking back at your gorgeous diamond, Missy! :love: And I was getting price comps of similar spec stones from OWD and I think I am getting a fair deal on this diamond. I really love the OEC's!! Envious that you could go choose your own, but this is the easiest way for me to get a great one living so far away! I am pretty sold on the size...the bigger the facets, the better!!! :bigsmile:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also a bit late to post, but just wanted to add my share of these: :love: :love: :love:

Love it DS! Can't wait to see the handshots 8-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1364652064|3416667 said:
Also a bit late to post, but just wanted to add my share of these: :love: :love: :love:

Love it DS! Can't wait to see the handshots 8-)

You aren't late!!! Thanks so much GF! I am glad you like it!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364649154|3416659 said:
MGR...yes, I am pleased that all the old cut lovers have approved of this stone, and especially our in-house OEC experts that found their own killer OEC's!

Christina..yes, I have lost my mind. :twirl: I cannot tell you what made me cross over to thinking I might could do a 2 ct stone!!!! :-o The main thing that helped was that I ordered an 8mm cz to look at to determine my maximum size. I was determined to upgrade, but I wasn't sure what my absolute size range was. I knew it needed to be more than 7.6mm which my first H&A was. I was thinking 7.8mm (1.8 cts.) would be fine. But stones that size are not as common as 1.5-1.7 range. But when I got the 8mm cz, my husband said he thought that would be the max and I agreed. I knew most 2 ct well cut stones are 8.1+mm, so that was why I sent for this stone to look at. I really wasn't thinking I would buy it at the time. I wanted to decide if the 1.7 ct stone was going to be too small for one thing. I will say that a 1.7 ct stone is plenty big in my world. If the cut turns out well on it, it is going to be a magnificent stone. But as Dreamer and others have shown, these old style cuts are more beautiful the bigger they are. I wouldn't turn down an AVR in ANY size, but the facets are just so pretty in larger stones (or maybe it is just my old eyes!!). I will not buy this if anyone in my real life perceives low color. They did in one stone I had here, but so far my husband and youngest daughter did not comment on seeing tint in this stone.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I haven't been lucky enough to see an old cut in a really large size, but I had gotten the sense from the smaller stones that I have seen that to really appreciate the faceting you would need one in a much larger ct weight. FWIW when I see large stones on other people, I only think of how gorgeous they are and how lucky the person wearing it is. I don't think that they look over the top by any means.... just beautiful! :love: Maybe it would help to not think so much about the actual ct weight, like 'oh my gawd it's over 2cts!' or ' holy sh*t it's over 8mms!!' but rather how it looks and feels on your finger? And did I already say that it looks absolutely dreamy on you??? ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any DSS yet?? :bigsmile: :devil: ;))

cheers--Shaorn

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1364661027|3416733 said:
HI:

Any DSS yet?? :bigsmile: :devil: ;))

cheers--Shaorn

Haha! Let's just say that I don't think the 1.7 is meant to be mine! The 2.12 looks nice and normal to me! I adjusted quickly!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks absolutely gorgeous DS, I would go for it :Up_to_something:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well I don't know nuthin' about diamonds, but I know pretty...

Those comparison photos our Dreamer did pretty much clinched it.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
This is seriously my favorite AVR that I've seen, it is perfect and I so hope that you decide its the one for you. Dreamer's comparison pics confirmed that I definitely like this new cutting style for AVRs much better than the previous style. I think it looks perfectly white in your photos but of course, only you can decide what's right for you. Will the 1.7 that's being cut also have this newer style of cutting?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I for one would like to see more photos 8)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1364671017|3416825 said:
I for one would like to see more photos 8)

Hear, hear!

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
oh my, this is gorgeous!!!

I foresee a happy lady ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice, begonia, stargurl, and bianco (new name, I see!)...thanks so much! I am not sure how the 1.7 will be cut but I did mention to Jon that the consensus here favored this style!

Dreamer and GemFever...I was gone all afternoon and it is a little too late to get a decent picture as it is not so bright now. I will try tomorrow, though!

I did take the diamond with me on our trip today, and I enjoyed looking at it in the car since my husband drove! I still could not see color face up, but the tint of the car windows does make both diamonds take on a little tint from the sides. But outside, I can barely see any!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1364682560|3416942 said:
bright ice, begonia, stargurl, and bianco (new name, I see!)...thanks so much! I am not sure how the 1.7 will be cut but I did mention to Jon that the consensus here favored this style!

Dreamer and GemFever...I was gone all afternoon and it is a little too late to get a decent picture as it is not so bright now. I will try tomorrow, though!

I did take the diamond with me on our trip today, and I enjoyed looking at it in the car since my husband drove! I still could not see color face up, but the tint of the car windows does make both diamonds take on a little tint from the sides. But outside, I can barely see any!

And I really think you won't see any color outside. I have an L as you know and I honestly seriously cannot see any color from it outside. It is so gorgeous and white and bright that I cannot believe it is an L. Inside it depends on the lighting/the wall colors/what I am wearing but most of the time it appears quite white. Even from the sides and face up well, it's just so white. So while you have to make sure this is the case for you and your gorgeous AVR too I bet it is! I cannot wait to see this beauty on your hand DS! :love: (If that's what you decide is the right for you ofc!) So excited for you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1364688229|3417001 said:
diamondseeker2006|1364682560|3416942 said:

And I really think you won't see any color outside. I have an L as you know and I honestly seriously cannot see any color from it outside. It is so gorgeous and white and bright that I cannot believe it is an L. Inside it depends on the lighting/the wall colors/what I am wearing but most of the time it appears quite white. Even from the sides and face up well, it's just so white. So while you have to make sure this is the case for you and your gorgeous AVR too I bet it is! I cannot wait to see this beauty on your hand DS! :love: (If that's what you decide is the right for you ofc!) So excited for you!!

I really believe you about the face up view! Truly, well cut stones face up really white! I am not worried about this color at all at this point. Wintotty has an AVR that is lower in color than this one, and it has to be beautiful if she accepted it after having a D AVC!

Speaking of seeing rings on hands...how about coming to Vegas, Missy???!!!! Please?!!!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
Hi DS!!! Thanks for the heads up, I've been MIA for so long!!

Love the new AVR you got there, and size looks perfect! I think this one has the same pattern as mine? Not sure Jon's been busy tweaking the design more since I got mine back in Jan, but it looks similar. Important thing is YOU are excited with the stone.....I felt the same way when I receive my "temp" stone, and other than the size, I really love it and enjoy wearing it every day. Every time I look down or see it in the mirror I can't stop smiling. Hope you take your time with this new one and make up your mind, but I think this is the winner!
Pls post more pictures!! :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wintotty|1364697407|3417112 said:
Hi DS!!! Thanks for the heads up, I've been MIA for so long!!

Love the new AVR you got there, and size looks perfect! I think this one has the same pattern as mine? Not sure Jon's been busy tweaking the design more since I got mine back in Jan, but it looks similar. Important thing is YOU are excited with the stone.....I felt the same way when I receive my "temp" stone, and other than the size, I really love it and enjoy wearing it every day. Every time I look down or see it in the mirror I can't stop smiling. Hope you take your time with this new one and make up your mind, but I think this is the winner!
Pls post more pictures!! :love: :love:

Hi, Win!!! :wavey: I am so glad you stopped in! I know your stone is a lot larger, but I do think the cuts are about the same. This one was cut before yours. I am glad you still really love your stone, even if it isn't your final one due to size! I think with the others I looked at, I had doubts about various factors. But this one is about as close to meeting all my requirements as I can expect! Jon was going to cut a new stone and when he did the analysis and found that it would be around 1.7 cts., I was afraid I'd regret going with that size unless I ruled out a 2 ct one. So that's why I sent for this stone, and I loved it immediately! And I can see why they are so appealing in even larger sizes!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, and I will try to take a few pictures tomorrow if I can get my little point-and-shoot camera to cooperate!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364648353|3416654 said:
junebug...Oh goodness, if this baby was already set in a setting, it most surely wouldn't be going back!!!

Here is your answer. Set it, it is your e-ring.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats,DS!!... :love: :appl:.. this one A'INT going back to Jon... :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's GORGEOUS, DS!! :love: :love: :love:

It looks to me like a beautiful flower with delicate petals; and if faces up soooooooo white. It's great also that it's a high I, hooray!!

I'd keep it! :devil: :naughty:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results