shape
carat
color
clarity

2.12 ct. AVR!!! Is it THE ONE???

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. My. Gosh. BEAUTIFUL! Will you keep it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1364589363|3416216 said:
Oh. My. Gosh. BEAUTIFUL! Will you keep it?

Thanks Mico!!! I am really, really leaning that way at the moment! I feel better about it than any of the others!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love the size on your hand and that cut is amazing! Keep it!!!! :love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That's really really beautiful! I love the faceting on this one! Really really! :love:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I am absolutely shocked that that is an AVR! Looks like a real OEC! The faceting isn't as perfect and symmetrical like the older AVRs are.

Looking very stunning and very authentically "old". It has character which I find very appealing. Gorgeous. :lickout:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one certainly seems like a winner to me! The faceting is so pretty. It is gorgeous and you really do seem excited about it, which counts for something! - and I think the size looks very natural and lovely on you! I feel a bit embarrassed by a previous post of mine, where in hindsight I felt like I was lecturing and haranguing you to go larger - but in my defense this is the *large* that I meant! A little over 8 mm - just seems like a really nice size on you! But again, we all have our comfort levels...I have found that 8 mm is my limit...but you certainly seem more open to a slightly larger stone than you have in the past! And I like the table size...my diamond has a 43% table too :cheeky: ...good luck with your decision, I know it's a big one to make!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, muh, guh. I think this is the one. I really do. I know you may be hesitant so you have to be really sure. But the size is perfection, and I actually LOVE this pattern, more so than the older AVRs myself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-arrows girl..thank you!!!

bastecat....I really, really, really appreciate it!!! :bigsmile:

lin_ny...gosh, when I saw your avatar picture, I thought it looked exactly like my diamond! :lol: So I guess it does look like an old OEC for sure!!! It actually is perfectly symmetrical face-on, but a lot of my pictures aren't straight on because it doesn't sit straight in the ring holder! But diamonds need to look good at all angles, that is for sure! Thanks!

junebug...I appreciate opinions on size and everything else, so do not apologize!!! I had actually ordered an 8mm cz to determine my size limit, and that was what I had decided. So I honestly suprised myself that I would consider this one, although it is just over 8mm! Oh, great that your table is the same size! That was new to me as the others I saw had larger ones..but I do love it!

ame...hey! I am sooo glad you like it! I am glad I didn't settle for one of the earlier ones..better to wait for the right one!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I really think this is a lovely AVR. I have not been a fan of the older AVRs but Jon has been doing a great job in his tweaks. I really much prefer the new ones over the originals.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DiamondSeeker! I love this AVR- beautiful cut, beautiful faceting, beautiful personality!! From one old cut lover to another I think this might be the one... and the size looks amazing on you! Take your time and see if you are truly in love with it. From my perspective it is gorgeous in every way! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CharmyPoo|1364596957|3416294 said:
I really think this is a lovely AVR. I have not been a fan of the older AVRs but Jon has been doing a great job in his tweaks. I really much prefer the new ones over the originals.
+1

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful stone! I think the size is perfect on you and if you go back down to the 1.7, I fear you'll regret it after having seen this one! It's big and beautiful but not too showy or ostentatious. I hope you'll go with it if you love it - obviously your friends know at this point that you're a diamond lover so. . . don't let them influence your decision. Bet they'll be just as happy for you as we are!

Dreamer's comparison shots are really helpful! I love the faceting under the table on this one so much better - seems more scattered or random unlike the flower petal effect in the other stone. I SO much prefer this faceting! Gorgeous!

If you need me to, I'll call Jon and tell him it won't be coming back! (Or only for setting!) :lol: :lol:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
It's simply stunning. :appl:

It's a perfect size on you, and I love the color (but I'm also not as color sensitive as some). I'm sure you'll make the right decision, and until then you get to "play" with this amazing stone. :naughty:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1364600305|3416312 said:
Very, very beautiful stone! I think the size is perfect on you and if you go back down to the 1.7, I fear you'll regret it after having seen this one! It's big and beautiful but not too showy or ostentatious. I hope you'll go with it if you love it - obviously your friends know at this point that you're a diamond lover so. . . don't let them influence your decision. Bet they'll be just as happy for you as we are!

Dreamer's comparison shots are really helpful! I love the faceting under the table on this one so much better - seems more scattered or random unlike the flower petal effect in the other stone. I SO much prefer this faceting! Gorgeous!

If you need me to, I'll call Jon and tell him it won't be coming back! (Or only for setting!) :lol: :lol:
I agree with this. I think if you go back down you will regret it and might long for this size point again. I hope that having it in person to see in your lighting conditions and whatnot you'll know for sure if its THE ONE for you. I think it's a winner, and hopefully the color really is a winner for you. It looks fantastic.

What setting will you go with?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Buy it!! Fabulous!!!!

Trasid

Shiny_Rock
OMGosh!! It is stunning. Patience pays off. :appl: I am excited for you and if this is your ultimate decision... I can't wait to see the setting you put it in.

We still have not found the perfect antique engagement setting for my 1.24 AVR yet but I'm TRYING to be patient.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yesssssss it is the one! The precious!! I'm in love with the pattern on it and the size is perfect for you!!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
DiamondSeekerThat AVR is gorgeous! I love the newer AVRs as most have the Kozibe effect which this 2.12 does. I love the face up size on your finger...you most likely would never want a larger diamond...It is just beautiful...lucky you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy and Yenny...I am glad I took a chance and looked at the new cut because I think this one is especially nice! There is nothing like seeing stones in person. I had hesitated in ordering this stone to look at and almost didn't. But it was the only contender besides the one he is having cut, so I finally did...thank goodness! And thanks so much for your comments! I definitely know you two are good at picking old cuts!

Missy...it is just great to have all these old cut lovers chime in on this stone! I am so glad you think it is a good size and cut!!! I know you have seen some beautiful ones including your own! Thanks!!

MGR....You have been one that has cautioned me about not settling for something I didn't really want in the past, and I am SO glad you really like this stone! I have struggled over the size issue like a crazy person, but I finally decided that I am certainly old enough to wear whatever I want! :lol: But, I do still have my limits...I just extended the upper limit a little! And I think my non-jewelry loving friends probably won't even notice the change anyway! Thank you!!!

two little birds...thank you! Yes, it is really great that I can take some time with this stone to decide, knowing there is another prospect, too!

Ame...You are very right that I have to be careful not to let this one go, because if I decide later to move up to 2 cts, I could find myself either with none to choose from or the market could drive prices above my budget. These diamonds are in short supply, so I really have to make the right decision! For now, I will have them send the stone and ring back to Vatche to replace the head on the Tiffany repro because I don't really know what else I want right now and that is a decision that could take time. Not to mention I won't have any jewelry money left this year! :bigsmile: But I kind of like a more classic/simple wedding set since the Beaudry right hand rings are a little more ornate.

misskittycat...I am leaning that way! Thank you!

Trasid...You are right about patience, and that will be true of your setting as well!!! I look forward to seeing yours finished! I just told Ame above that I will set mine in my current setting with a new head for the time being. I will wait until I find something I really love before changing it! Thanks and good luck on your setting search!

Pandabee...my precious!!! hahaha! I suppose it will be if it ends up being mine! Thanks!!!

Ariel...thank you! I do think this cut is better after seeing this one!!! And yes, I would never, ever get DSS!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364610912|3416446 said:
Ariel...thank you! I do think this cut is better after seeing this one!!! And yes, I would never, ever get DSS!

DS, don't EVER say "never"..... :saint: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owies Nana|1364612200|3416462 said:
diamondseeker2006|1364610912|3416446 said:

DS, don't EVER say "never"..... :saint: :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Okay, maybe I will revise that!!! (By the way, we postponed our trip to Washington!)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh that will look awesome in your Vatche with your Legacy band... SWOON. I say go for it. Bec even if after it's set you change your mind, you know you like the size, and you can look in that same range. But I think you found your "one."

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1364612938|3416480 said:
Ohhh that will look awesome in your Vatche with your Legacy band... SWOON. I say go for it. Bec even if after it's set you change your mind, you know you like the size, and you can look in that same range. But I think you found your "one."

Thanks! At least the Legacy band adds a little antique style! I hope you're right...I am about ready to be done with this project! I tried to look at settings last year when considering the 1.8, and it was just too overwhelming. So this way, I can enjoy the AVR and spend minimal money to set it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a pretty logical way to look at it! If you can seriously easily reuse it, it's beautiful, you know it works with your band, and the styles will be so complementary!!

I can absolutely commiserate with the "I just wanna be DONE" part of that. Mine went on for THREE YEARS...ugh! But the stone I guess was easy, that was only a few months, at most, and I was so relieved I got this stone fairly easily, it turned out to be perfect, and was worth the rejections before it. I am glad though that we went up to see it compared to even more, and that I saw AVCs, AVRs, and a few other cuts in person like Octavias, just so I could make 100% sure, since this one is mine for a damn long time!!! And I am not even ready for the reset despite needing to get that started, thankfully my wedding band drama is all done for now.

Just do not SETTLE for this to be done with it. Make sure you REALLY love this stone and it's quirks and personality and performance before you set it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1364587393|3416193 said:
diamondseeker2006|1364586849|3416184 said:
Laila and Sharon...thank you!!! I really value your opinions!

And it doesn't bother me a bit if someone says they wouldn't choose it and why! I have been looking since last August, I think, so I am obviously not going to make a rushed decision!

GOG has a long return policy right? Can you hang onto this one and then when the 1.7 H is ready ,have it sent out too so you can compare? I mean, that would cross all the Ts and then you would never have the "what if" in your mind. Is the H being cut or is it being graded? I would be tempted to see it even if it did not have a report quite yet...

I just realized I missed three posts!

Yes, it is 30 days. Jon is fine with me waiting until the other stone comes back. It was just sent to the cutter this week, so it'll be about 3 weeks before it comes back and then it would be sent to AGS. I may decide on this one before then unless I hesitate on color. But so far, I think the color is fine! I'd just love to set it so I can wear it out of the house!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1364617795|3416532 said:
That's a pretty logical way to look at it! If you can seriously easily reuse it, it's beautiful, you know it works with your band, and the styles will be so complementary!!

I can absolutely commiserate with the "I just wanna be DONE" part of that. Mine went on for THREE YEARS...ugh! But the stone I guess was easy, that was only a few months, at most, and I was so relieved I got this stone fairly easily, it turned out to be perfect, and was worth the rejections before it. I am glad though that we went up to see it compared to even more, and that I saw AVCs, AVRs, and a few other cuts in person like Octavias, just so I could make 100% sure, since this one is mine for a damn long time!!! And I am not even ready for the reset despite needing to get that started, thankfully my wedding band drama is all done for now.

Just do not SETTLE for this to be done with it. Make sure you REALLY love this stone and it's quirks and personality and performance before you set it.

Ame, I envy you for having gone there! I think often that it would be nice to see more than one or two stones at a time! I think seeing the stones in person makes a huge difference, especially when it is anything other than a hearts and arrows round! And I don't blame you for being hesitant about doing your reset. I am sooo glad the Tiffany band worked for you, though!

I won't settle, I promise! I really want to do this right and not have to upgrade later!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1364587503|3416194 said:
I have been looking at oec's and now am beginning to understand what a really nice one is supposed to look like - and yours is it. Looks amazing.

Thanks, ruby! Sorry I missed this earlier!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364596224|3416289 said:
hearts-arrows girl..thank you!!!

bastecat....I really, really, really appreciate it!!! :bigsmile:

lin_ny...gosh, when I saw your avatar picture, I thought it looked exactly like my diamond! :lol: So I guess it does look like an old OEC for sure!!! It actually is perfectly symmetrical face-on, but a lot of my pictures aren't straight on because it doesn't sit straight in the ring holder! But diamonds need to look good at all angles, that is for sure! Thanks!

junebug...I appreciate opinions on size and everything else, so do not apologize!!! I had actually ordered an 8mm cz to determine my size limit, and that was what I had decided. So I honestly suprised myself that I would consider this one, although it is just over 8mm! Oh, great that your table is the same size! That was new to me as the others I saw had larger ones..but I do love it!

ame...hey! I am sooo glad you like it! I am glad I didn't settle for one of the earlier ones..better to wait for the right one!
Okay just to clarify... I didn't mean non-symmetrical in a bad way at all... I'm not even sure if that's the word I wanted to use. The older AVRs with the circle-y petals just look so much more 'perfect' but this just looks more real. Anyway, love it. Diamond twins! Only mine is a little baby sister of your diamond. A lot littler. :wink2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1364587733|3416198 said:
HI:

Difficult decisions since you value color. I get that, truly.

There are so many desirable qualities in this larger stone. Nicely cut. Nothing OTT in terms of size--looks very well on your hand. I color is great--even desirable. If there is body color--I cannot percept it.

I think it might be difficult to "send" it back...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Shaorn

I am thinking the same!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1364618669|3416542 said:
Okay just to clarify... I didn't mean non-symmetrical in a bad way at all... I'm not even sure if that's the word I wanted to use. The older AVRs with the circle-y petals just look so much more 'perfect' but this just looks more real. Anyway, love it. Diamond twins! Only mine is a little baby sister of your diamond. A lot littler. :wink2:

lin...I know what you mean..I think the majority here seem to like this facet pattern since it is more true to an OEC cut. Yes, diamond twins!!! And yours certainly is not little by any means!!! Have you set it yet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results