shape
carat
color
clarity

2.12 ct. AVR!!! Is it THE ONE???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am STILL looking for an upgrade and hopeful for an AVR! Jon is having an approximately 1.7 ct H color AVR cut and it will be ready in a few weeks. BUT....in the meanwhile, I told him I was tempted to look at his 2.12 I VS1 AVR while I am waiting on that one, because I don't want to make a mistake and go too small. And that is partly due to the prompting over time of some of my good friends on here, and you all know who you are!!! :bigsmile: So he said I should definitely take a look at it! It is definitely a higher I color than the 1.8 that I looked at earlier. I can see almost no tint in it compared to my G! This one is the newer cut, which is more like an OEC. I might have a slight preference for the earlier, more transitional cut, but this thing is gorgeous!!! :love:

This diamond came this morning, and I was excited and wanted to post some pictures! So ignore smudges, scaly hands, and any other imperfections in my pictures!!! Oh, and in some it is in the ring holder and in others it is sitting in my empty former solitaire setting. Diamond will be crooked in a few pics.

_4924.jpg

_4925.jpg

_4926.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
This is it I love the size the cut the color and the way it looks on your hand buy it

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning AVR and I love it. I was under the impression that you liked the ones with more ball like petals? But for me ... this would be the one. I like the facet pattern far better.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful--I love the bigger size on you!!! :cheeky:

Make sure you look at it in all different interior lights b/c of the I color. I wish it had some fluoro with it (I can see a slight difference compared to your G w/ fluoro) and then it would be perfect! What did DH say about the size and is it worth the $$ for you to have an AVR?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1364578870|3416073 said:
Well, I am STILL looking for an upgrade and hopeful for an AVR! Jon is having an approximately 1.7 ct H color AVR cut and it will be ready in a few weeks. BUT....in the meanwhile, I told him I was tempted to look at his 2.12 I VS1 AVR while I am waiting on that one, because I don't want to make a mistake and go too small. And that is partly due to the prompting over time of some of my good friends on here, and you all know who you are!!! :bigsmile: So he said I should definitely take a look at it! It is definitely a higher I color than the 1.8 that I looked at earlier. I can see almost no tint in it compared to my G! This one is the newer cut, which is more like an OEC. I might have a slight preference for the earlier, more transitional cut, but this thing is gorgeous!!! :love:

This diamond came this morning, and I was excited and wanted to post some pictures! So ignore smudges, scaly hands, and any other imperfections in my pictures!!! Oh, and in some it is in the ring holder and in others it is sitting in my empty former solitaire setting. Diamond will be crooked in a few pics.

It's gorgeous and a great size on you DS!!

It looks white in the photos. You feel that it looks white - or at least whiter than the last I you had - in-person. Is it white enough for you long-term? And is an "I" mind-clean for you for your primary ring?

I do think the size is perfect - and that's not just the size w***** speaking :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heidi..thank you!!! We'll see!

charmy...ohhh, I am really happy you like this one! Yes, I did think I liked the other facet pattern, but when I opened this one, I thought WOW!!! I think it was the J color of the other one like this that threw me off of the OEC-like pattern.

mom2boys...(one of those 2 ct.encouragers I was mentioning :bigsmile:) ...I really can tell a difference between this stone and the other I color one I looked at. I can see the difference in that one picture but in real life I can't see that. But I will definitely have it in all lighting before I make a decision. It would be perfect if it had fluoro, but alas, I can't seem to get every spec I want in one stone!!! My husband said it was huge compared to the old one, but he doesn't really care as long as I am happy!

Yssie...I am glad you like the size! haha! I am not sure I color would be as mind clean for me in a mrb, but in an antique style stone, I can handle it better! My skin color doesn't work well with lower colors because they look washed out. But this stone is not a low I and it also is so well cut that it faces up extremely white.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl, this new diamond puts your RB to shame! It mops the floor with your RB! I love the facet pattern. It is true-blue classic OEC to my eyes, but I bet it has no obstruction or any of those negatives that often accompany classic OECs in true old cuts. It looks glowy and glisteny. And it is bigger than your MRB, but I really think no one will notice that difference but you. What is the spread? Is it about 8.2?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ummm....it's perfect!!! Did I mention that it's perfect??? Obviously, we can't compare it to the one that's being cut, but this is absolutely perfect in my eyes. The size looks amazing and the facet pattern is TDF!! I think you should keep her!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1364583738|3416139 said:
Girl, this new diamond puts your RB to shame! It mops the floor with your RB! I love the facet pattern. It is true-blue classic OEC to my eyes, but I bet it has no obstruction or any of those negatives that often accompany classic OECs in true old cuts. It looks glowy and glisteny. And it is bigger than your MRB, but I really think no one will notice that difference but you. What is the spread? Is it about 8.2?

Hey, Dreamer!!! You were another of my encouragers that I was thinking of above and I am excited to hear your opinion!!!! I do think I am an old style cut lover!

Yes, it has great light return and is about 8.15 mm on average! Are you proud of me, Dreamer?! :lol: It has taken me a looong time to consider a stone this size, but I guess I am following in your footsteps somewhat!

Here's the page:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9648/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1364584164|3416148 said:
Ummm....it's perfect!!! Did I mention that it's perfect??? Obviously, we can't compare it to the one that's being cut, but this is absolutely perfect in my eyes. The size looks amazing and the facet pattern is TDF!! I think you should keep her!!!

Yay!!! I love all you ladies with the gorgeous rings to chime in! :appl: Thanks, Yenny, I am so happy you like it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful AVR! You wear it well...gem holder and all (imagine it in a real setting!)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh, DS, it is just gorgeous!!! I love the size of it on your hand. It look perfectly proportioned to me. And those facets just knock me off my feet!

If it was me, this would definitely be the one. It's just about perfect in every way.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 43% table! ooh lala. That kills me, I love a super small table. And 65% depth, in the sweet range. A 20% crown is great. Really classic proportions. There are true antiques out there with similar numbers, but man they are hard to find. And they will not have the ideal symmetry and polish, and they won't have the optical symmetry of this stone. Very nicely done Jon! I really like it. The quality of the cut slays me in the photo you posted, that I have attached below.

Its funny how in the ASET the under table area looks all blue, and even GOG's face on show looks a little blah under the table. In your photos it is very clear that the pavilion mains operate independently, turning on and off independently to show a lovely scintillation pattern. Really, just very very nice.

Do you know the lower halves percentage?

And do you know if its a high I color?

For me, in an old style cut, I conder I color to be veyr very very white. Charmy's true OEC is a G by EGL, and she thinks maybe I color by GIA (though we will see soon enough!) and it is blazing white.

I dunno. I love it. What more would you want?

yummo.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input tyty and rosebloom!!! :wavey: Glad you like it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it the One?

Um...

YES!!!!!!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is a gorgeous choice. :love:

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1364585189|3416161 said:
A 43% table! ooh lala. That kills me, I love a super small table. And 65% depth, in the sweet range. A 20% crown is great. Really classic proportions. There are true antiques out there with similar numbers, but man they are hard to find. And they will not have the ideal symmetry and polish, and they won't have the optical symmetry of this stone. Very nicely done Jon! I really like it. The quality of the cut slays me in the photo you posted, that I have attached below.

Its funny how in the ASET the under table area looks all blue, and even GOG's face on show looks a little blah under the table. In your photos it is very clear that the pavilion mains operate independently, turning on and off independently to show a lovely scintillation pattern. Really, just very very nice.

For me, in an old style cut, I conder I color to be veyr very very white. Charmy's true OEC is a G by EGL, and she thinks maybe I color by GIA (though we will see soon enough!) and it is blazing white.

Your opinion means a lot to me since I know you have been studying old cuts so much!! No, I do not know the lgf %. I don't see it on there. I maybe can ask Jon if he has it written anywhere, though. Back when I was looking at the last two AVR's and the one I loved was a low I, I did ask him about this one and I know it is at least mid I color in GIA/colorimeter color. It is visibly whiter than the 1.8. My daughter and husband did not vote for me to keep that one because they could see the tint, but neither sees any in this one. The color grade means nothing to them, so they are just judging with their eyes! But I agree that I color is white for old cuts. And I'll be totally honest, if I were buying a 2 ct H&A with no budget constraints, I would be happy to have an F color! But I do not desire F-G at all in an antique style cut, because I think slightly lower colors looks more antiquey!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila and Sharon...thank you!!! I really value your opinions!

And it doesn't bother me a bit if someone says they wouldn't choose it and why! I have been looking since last August, I think, so I am obviously not going to make a rushed decision!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364586707|3416180 said:
Dreamer_D|1364585189|3416161 said:

Your opinion means a lot to me since I know you have been studying old cuts so much!! No, I do not know the lgf %. I don't see it on there. I maybe can ask Jon if he has it written anywhere, though. Back when I was looking at the last two AVR's and the one I loved was a low I, I did ask him about this one and I know it is at least mid I color in GIA/colorimeter color. It is visibly whiter than the 1.8. My daughter and husband did not vote for me to keep that one because they could see the tint, but neither sees any in this one. The color grade means nothing to them, so they are just judging with their eyes! But I agree that I color is white for old cuts. And I'll be totally honest, if I were buying a 2 ct H&A with no budget constraints, I would be happy to have an F color! But I do not desire F-G at all in an antique style cut, because I think slightly lower colors looks more antiquey!!!

No need to ask the lgf, I was curious, its not a performace issue. Looking at it I can barely see the lower havles peeking under the table, so I am going to guess 60% :read: That is also a very classic number.

I like the slight hint of warmth in an old cut, it makes it look very liquid and somehow I think it makes the faceting more apparent -- the added color reflected (I find body tint magnifies the colors reflected) makes the facets that much more apparent. So for me, I think I color is just right for an old style cut!

My own cut if quite different than this classic style, and it is a K color that faces up more like an I-J in most lighting. I find I can see warmth in some situations because of the reflection and chameleon nature of tinted stones, but it does not bother me at all. I suppose if I could clone my diamond in an old cut I might like a little less tint -- why not?? -- but for me its not a deal breaker or even a variable I give much thought in my life. Anyways, all this is to say that even as a color sensitive person I would have no qualms about a nice firm I color diamond.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty Amazing!! :love:

All the technical stuff covered by the experts... Makes it Sound like you hit every sweet spot... :appl:

I love the picture next to your RB.. It's the one that convinced me I liked it a lot ooh and the first picture...! :love:

Can't wait to see what you decide.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Simply gorgeous! I think it's a keeper! :) :love: :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364586849|3416184 said:
Laila and Sharon...thank you!!! I really value your opinions!

And it doesn't bother me a bit if someone says they wouldn't choose it and why! I have been looking since last August, I think, so I am obviously not going to make a rushed decision!

GOG has a long return policy right? Can you hang onto this one and then when the 1.7 H is ready ,have it sent out too so you can compare? I mean, that would cross all the Ts and then you would never have the "what if" in your mind. Is the H being cut or is it being graded? I would be tempted to see it even if it did not have a report quite yet...

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking at oec's and now am beginning to understand what a really nice one is supposed to look like - and yours is it. Looks amazing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Difficult decisions since you value color. I get that, truly.

There are so many desirable qualities in this larger stone. Nicely cut. Nothing OTT in terms of size--looks very well on your hand. I color is great--even desirable. If there is body color--I cannot percept it.

I think it might be difficult to "send" it back...... :bigsmile:

cheers--Shaorn

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mayk and Hospatogi! :appl:

Dreamer....if I could clone a stone, it would be yours!!! :love: :love: :love: That's why I was a little shocked to like this more classic OEC cut so much, because I was pretty determined to get a more transitional/American cut. But I did see that 2.19 I SI1 AVR stone in that style cut, and I really think this one is as pretty as that one was.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1364588083|3416205 said:

Dreamer....if I could clone a stone, it would be yours!!! :love: :love: :love: That's why I was a little shocked to like this more classic OEC cut so much, because I was pretty determined to get a more transitional/American cut. But I did see that 2.19 I SI1 AVR stone in that style cut, and I really think this one is as pretty as that one was.

I am personally an equal opportunity old cut lover :D I love all the styles as long as the optics are perfectomundo. It was simply luck that I found my diamond, and just the twist of fate it has the cut style is has. I would have been equally happy with a classic OEC if I could have found one with the level of perfection I (misguidedly) seek in my diamonds. I also would have liked a slightly older style, "bubbly" type too with a slightly cushiony outline. Any style really as long as the cut is da bomb. Anyways, you are a cut lover like me, so I am not at all surprised you like this diamond so much! The cut is great, what is not to like?

I think I have said before, but I have never run accross a diamond cut just like mine, yet. Demelzas is really really close in person, but even ours are a little different. And both very unusual. I have not seen similar on the used market in the 18 months I have been watching. So... my point is that you would look a long time to find an American cut. And AVRs are not exactly the same anyways. I really really like the cut of this 2.12 ct stone the best out of any AVR I have seen.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wnt back and looked at the 2.2 I color you had before, when you compared it to the 1.8ct.

Here is a montage of this 2.12 on the top and your MRB, the 2.2, the 2.2 and the 1.8.

I think the cut on this 2.12 looks a lot more like the 1.8 you loved than like the 2.2 you had before. See the under table area? Quite different. But this has a smaller table than either of those others :love: I think Jon has been tweaking his cut on the AVR and he is really going in the right direction. Honestly, this 2.12 is the best one of the bunch you have seen. It is really special. I am not trying to convince you to keep it of course. You do what is best for you. But just giving my opinion!

yummo2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1364588414|3416210 said:
diamondseeker2006|1364588083|3416205 said:

I am personally an equal opportunity old cut lover :D I love all the styles as long as the optics are perfectomundo. It was simply luck that I found my diamond, and just the twist of fate it has the cut style is has. I would have been equally happy with a classic OEC if I could have found one with the level of perfection I (misguidedly) seek in my diamonds. I also would have liked a slightly older style, "bubbly" type too with a slightly cushiony outline. Any style really as long as the cut is da bomb. Anyways, you are a cut lover like me, so I am not at all surprised you like this diamond so much! The cut is great, what is not to like?

I think I have said before, but I have never run accross a diamond cut just like mine, yet. Demelzas is really really close in person, but even ours are a little different. And both very unusual. I have not seen similar on the used market in the 18 months I have been watching. So... my point is that you would look a long time to find an American cut. And AVRs are not exactly the same anyways. I really really like the cut of this 2.12 ct stone the best out of any AVR I have seen.

Yay!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile: Thank you for hanging in there with me, Dreamer! I know most people think I am nuts, but I guess I have to sift through a lot to find the right one!

Ok, I see your other post...the pics will be interesting...thanks for posting those! I am really, really glad to hear you like this one the best!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results