shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 2.05 CBI from HPD

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT combo of stone and setting!! I hope you enjoy them in office lighting next week.

:appl::appl::appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous and I love all of your photos!! :love: In response to your earlier post, I can certainly understand DSS (to be completely honest I think that happens to the vast majority of us!), and of course it is understandable that everyone has their preferences with regard to color and clarity (after all, "eye clean" is easier to achieve than "mind clean!"), but one of the wonderful things about HPD is that you can always trade up to any stone (or combination of stones!) that is the slightest amount higher in price. This is a far more flexible upgrade policy than most vendors offer. So if at some point you decide that you want to go higher in clarity, color, and/or clarity, you have unlimited upgrade possibilities in the future! But you already have the most important "C" covered, as the cut of your stone is just AMAZING!! Truly, it is a beauty. I love the photo with your son's car as well! Absolutely adorable!! :love:

Before getting the stone I knew that there was a chance I will not be used to the color and clarity but HPD has that great flexibility for trading in which really gave me confidence to proceed with the purchase. And no regrets because I get to enjoy this lovely stone while waiting for the next one to appear right?

The cut is really great. I do find myself unexpectedly admiring the ring in certain lighting and really the fire is amazing. My DSS is completely unreasonable as 2 carat is way bigger than average here and my friends all almost fainted when I say that it’s not big enough. But the heart wants what the heart wants so I definitely plan to utilise the trade in policy for an upgrade if the right stone comes by... we even got into discussions of whether it’s easier to slim down my fingers (by losing weight) so that the diamond looks bigger, or to get a bigger diamond (I definitely thought the latter is far easier). :lol:

As for color and clarity, I really struggle... after spending more time with it, I can confidently say that I can tell F and G color apart and I do see slight hints of color now and then. Not to the extent that the tint disturbs me but more like it’ll be good if I don’t see the tint you know? As for clarity, it’s really the mind clean thing more than anything else. Knowing how much prices jump with any move up the color and clarity bar, the rational part of me is like “just stick to current specs! That’s the sweet spot!”... but the wishful part really wants a F color VS clarity diamond. So... we’ll see.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply stunning... looks absolutely amazing on your beautiful hands! Congratulations!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just happened to look at this thread and wow, @icy_jade, what a beautiful setting for a lovely stone!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, congrats!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade, I totally missed this thread! Dunno how!!

Are you in SG? I'd love to see your ring in person at some point. Been thinking of haloing my 5ct but now seeing yours on here, I am wondering...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade, I totally missed this thread! Dunno how!!

Are you in SG? I'd love to see your ring in person at some point. Been thinking of haloing my 5ct but now seeing yours on here, I am wondering...

Hey yeah m in sg. I think halo away if you think you need bigger finger coverage. Most of my CS rings have such big halos I definitely feel some shrinkage.

Happy to show you my 2ct if I get to see your 5ct ;-)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey yeah m in sg. I think halo away if you think you need bigger finger coverage. Most of my CS rings have such big halos I definitely feel some shrinkage.

Happy to show you my 2ct if I get to see your 5ct ;-)

Fabulous! Let's try to meet up some time in the new year?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! Let's try to meet up some time in the new year?

Ok or this month end if you are clearing any leave and will be in SG? Jan is a short month with CNY and I’ve a few early Feb deliverables so could get slightly crazy work wise for me.

I feel tempted to start a what should I ask Phoenix to wear thread lol. My collection is modest compared to yours but feel free to let me know if you wanna see anything in particular. :)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok or this month end if you are clearing any leave and will be in SG? Jan is a short month with CNY and I’ve a few early Feb deliverables so could get slightly crazy work wise for me.

I feel tempted to start a what should I ask Phoenix to wear thread lol. My collection is modest compared to yours but feel free to let me know if you wanna see anything in particular. :)

This month-end sounds good. I am always in SG, so I'm almost always available, haha. It's more your availability:).

Haha, please feel free to ask away!

Lemme set up a LT listing so we can get in touch with each other and sort out the logistics. How's that?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This month-end sounds good. I am always in SG, so I'm almost always available, haha. It's more your availability:).

Haha, please feel free to ask away!

Lemme set up a LT listing so we can get in touch with each other and sort out the logistics. How's that?

Sounds like a plan!

It’s year-end and loads of people I know are going/already on holidays so thought maybe you may also have some plans.

Lemme know when you create the LT listing k

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating Icy_jade on this fabulous ring! It's the Jewel of the Week!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Please join me in congratulating Icy_jade on this fabulous ring! It's the Jewel of the Week!

Thank you @PriceScopeKayti! Such an honor to be JOTW!

And thanks again to @LaylaR @Wink @Winks_Elf, Jamie and team HPD and also the wonderful people from Morrison Smith in Charlotte especially Samantha.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the thread. Beautiful stone, and gorgeous setting! Absolutely wonderful.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I don’t know a thing about diamonds but I love this cut. What is it? “A flower within a flower”.

Also, everyone is different, but I like the fact that it is warm. )))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results