carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.008-ct WF ACA G VS2 RB Pendant Re-Set

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Starryeyed- your pendant and chain together :love:

absolutely beautiful, what a re-set!

Question: you had it in a martini setting and talked abt your diamond flipping and moving up your neck. Does that happen in a fixed bezel setting? Was it bz of the lovely size of your stone?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an elegant and refined look. It looks stunning on you :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
16ocean|1413086884|3765986 said:

Question: you had it in a martini setting and talked abt your diamond flipping and moving up your neck. Does that happen in a fixed bezel setting? Was it bz of the lovely size of your stone?
Hi 16ocean! Thank you!

I can really only speak to the fixed martini setting, but let me say this. I believe the problem was compounded by 2 things. First, the martini setting didn't have a flat back that could rest squarely on my chest. Second, because the chain was fixed to the setting, the diamond was not free to slide.

So I guess the answer to your question would depend on the bezel. If the bezel has a flat back and/or is free to slide, there may be less problem with flipping and/or traveling up the neck. I can't say for sure.

You may want to start a thread over in Rocky Talk and propose the question. See if anyone with the setting you describe chimes in.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks tmot14 and Acinom! :))

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
aaaaaaaaaah.. love it.
Really gorgeous and it looks fab. on you. WF did a wonderful job.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very well done. :love: Looks splendid on you--indeed you have a beautiful neck.

cheers--Sharon

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
starryeyed|1413334672|3767152 said:
16ocean|1413086884|3765986 said:

Hi 16ocean! Thank you!

I can really only speak to the fixed martini setting, but let me say this. I believe the problem was compounded by 2 things. First, the martini setting didn't have a flat back that could rest squarely on my chest. Second, because the chain was fixed to the setting, the diamond was not free to slide.

So I guess the answer to your question would depend on the bezel. If the bezel has a flat back and/or is free to slide, there may be less problem with flipping and/or traveling up the neck. I can't say for sure.

You may want to start a thread over in Rocky Talk and propose the question. See if anyone with the setting you describe chimes in.

Most likely will do. Thanks for the recommendation starryeyed.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and what a beautiful necklace!
How about another few photos, just for fun? :appl:

CoolKat

Rough_Rock
So pretty! :kiss2: Congrats on TBT, starryeyed! Reminded me of DBTY sprinklers but with a lovely ACA as the "centerpiece"! LOVE!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats - your pendant is very deserving! We would love more pics!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
This setting & chain is absolute #GOALS! I was inspired by this TBT and made some changes to my (much smaller) necklace. Do you think this setting would work with smaller diamonds? I'm having issues with mine flipping down, but my setting was not thought out to the extent yours was.

I've added to one of my threads if anyone wants to weigh in!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results