shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 2.008-ct WF ACA G VS2 RB Pendant Re-Set

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Now, some neck shots. The last image is the "worst" thing that happens with this necklace - the diamond travels between the melee. I'm so happy! No flipping, no traveling up my neck, no twisting. Hooray!!!! :apple:

rb_reset_neck2.jpg rb_reset_neck3.jpg rb_reset_neck4.jpg rb_reset_neck1.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow !!! Very nice, your diamond has so much "presence".
It really makes a "statement" (favorite term from my interior designer).

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
cflutist|1411916369|3758148 said:
Wow !!! Very nice, your diamond has so much "presence".
It really makes a "statement" (favorite term from my interior designer).
Thanks cflutist! That's exactly what I was after - "presence"!

I hesitate to say it, but that martini setting was a disaster next to this. It did not do justice to an absolutely incredible diamond. Now the diamond really stands out.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the setting is. It's hard to capture the dynamic nature of the necklace, but the small melee sparkle and highlight the diamond, which now knocks you over. What a difference!

I think a lot has to do with the back. The broad squarish base (that Leon at WF suggested) keeps the diamond flat. There is substance to this setting that makes the diamond stand out, without being all about the setting.

I am thrilled! I've gotten SO MANY compliments. Others are silent and just stare at my chest. Hee-hee! :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning! I just love the way it looks on you. I'm sure it is noticeable and makes its presence known!

So happy for you that you finally have it set in a way that you love wearing it - beautiful stone too!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa- that is just beautiful! I love it on you!!!

edited to add- the length is perfection. really seems nicely done, congrats.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1411927482|3758205 said:
It is stunning! I just love the way it looks on you. I'm sure it is noticeable and makes its presence known!

So happy for you that you finally have it set in a way that you love wearing it - beautiful stone too!!
Thanks MissGotRocks! Yes, I love wearing it now. :bigsmile:

I hope anyone considering a martini setting can learn from my experience.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
apacherose|1412056142|3759048 said:
Whoa- that is just beautiful! I love it on you!!!

edited to add- the length is perfection. really seems nicely done, congrats.
Thanks apacherose!

The length is 17". Isn't there some formula about the drop of the chain according to the length of your face? You are totally right - the length works well for me.

I feel very fortunate to have had the feedback and advice from my PS friends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starryeyed, it is absolutely perfect. You have a very beautiful pendant. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
lovely neck shots.. it looks awesome...what is even better is that there is no flipping!!! WOO HOO!

could you also indulge me a little.. can you take a pic of the undersurface of the pendant so i can get an idea of what it looks like?
Yes i am planning ahead again! LOL....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starryeyed, That is a great setting!! CoNgrats on finding something that works for your gorgeous stone. Can you post some shots of the underside of the setting?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks marcy, gregchang35, and LLJsmom!

Here are the back shots you requested. I'm happy to indulge! It's a great setting.

rb_reset_back1.jpg
rb_reset_back2.jpg
rb_reset_back3.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow- it looks great. :clap: .. there are some side diamonds in the basket of that setting as well!!! you may have said that in your post, but i just went straight to the pics!!! LOL

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1412260876|3760590 said:
wow- it looks great. :clap: .. there are some side diamonds in the basket of that setting as well!!! you may have said that in your post, but i just went straight to the pics!!! LOL
Thanks gregchang35. Yes, there are 3 small diamonds - one on each side except the top. I understand that a diamond in the top would interfere with the chain.

Now, let me ask you a question - Do you think there should be additional diamonds in the space under the 2 bottom prongs? I think the best pictures to see what I'm talking about are the last one and the one on the first page of this thread, at the end.

You see how the bottom prong splits and there is a small ring/loop there? In the CAD's (previous thread), that small ring was meant to balance the design. There are rings where the chain goes through up top.

Part of me thinks it's perfect and adding more small diamonds would be overkill and ruin the design. Another part of me thinks there should be diamonds there. My husband thinks it's wonderful just as it is, but I'd love another opinion.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I see where you mean.... i didnt even notice. I can see that the holes would balance the overall look of the pendant.
It is an elegant design that you have. so much so i am thinking of this design and planning ahead for my daughters' wedding present.. they are only 3.5yo and 1yo!!!!!

Lets look at it in reality...... given the position of where the holes/ spaces are..... who is actually going to see those diamonds? they would be reflecting light to the body area where no one will be able to appreciate it. the ones that you have currently complete the look and feel of the pendant.

If the spaces bug you after a while... add them on... that way it will be mind perfect/ clean and it would not bother anymore.

I hope that didnt confuse even more....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! This turned out so beautifully starryeyed and couldn't look more perfect on you! So glad you are happy with it :clap:

And I personally love it as is

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Can't stop admiring at your pendant. Congratulations on your wonderful piece.
Your stone is huge and beautiful. Do you plan to wear the pendant on an everyday basis?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
gregchang35|1412263259|3760605 said:
I see where you mean.... i didnt even notice. I can see that the holes would balance the overall look of the pendant.
It is an elegant design that you have. so much so i am thinking of this design and planning ahead for my daughters' wedding present.. they are only 3.5yo and 1yo!!!!!

Lets look at it in reality...... given the position of where the holes/ spaces are..... who is actually going to see those diamonds? they would be reflecting light to the body area where no one will be able to appreciate it. the ones that you have currently complete the look and feel of the pendant.

If the spaces bug you after a while... add them on... that way it will be mind perfect/ clean and it would not bother anymore.

I hope that didnt confuse even more....
Haha! Thank you! You could always think about their Sweet 16's. :naughty:

My husband said the same thing - no one would see those little diamonds, so what's the point. You are right about the whole "mind perfect" thing - it might only matter to me, and I'm not even sure it does. The wearability and "presence" have been so great that it's a very minor thing.

"Mind perfect" can be a dynamic thing!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1412264404|3760611 said:
Gorgeous!! This turned out so beautifully starryeyed and couldn't look more perfect on you! So glad you are happy with it :clap:

And I personally love it as is
Thanks and thanks for your input junebug! :))

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
q8girl|1412279282|3760773 said:
Can't stop admiring at your pendant. Congratulations on your wonderful piece.
Your stone is huge and beautiful. Do you plan to wear the pendant on an everyday basis?
Thanks q8girl! It looks like you are a relatively new poster, so WELCOME!! :wavey:

I plan to wear the necklace most days, although I have quite a collection that would get lonely if I went "exclusive". :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely gorgeous! :love: They really understood that the base is the key to the diamond not flipping (along with the location of the chain)! I really love that size, and it is simple and elegant enough to wear daily or for special occasions!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1412307854|3761070 said:
That is absolutely gorgeous! :love: They really understood that the base is the key to the diamond not flipping (along with the location of the chain)! I really love that size, and it is simple and elegant enough to wear daily or for special occasions!
Hi DS! I think you understood it first. :naughty:

You are so right - this is a very versatile necklace. It's great for everyday, or for dressier.

Thanks for your help! :praise:

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous. What a beautiful necklace. Congrats! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Great design! It looks perfect on you and so wonderful that it doesn't flip! I have a much smaller diamond in the BGD martini and am annoyed by flipping and traveling. Glad to see there's a nice solution.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1412594251|3762843 said:
Great design! It looks perfect on you and so wonderful that it doesn't flip! I have a much smaller diamond in the BGD martini and am annoyed by flipping and traveling. Glad to see there's a nice solution.
Thanks woofmama!

And thanks for sharing - I'm glad I wasn't the only person with this problem. Martini settings are nice for earrings, but as I've learned the HARD WAY, they are not good for pendants.

What do you think you might do to solve your problem?

And thanks, leyhuong! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a big sucker! a 2ct G VS2 ACA pendant?...such a spoiled brat!... :Up_to_something: .. :love: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starryeyed, is that a standard setting you can order from WF? I don't think I see it.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1412828011|3764673 said:
That is a big sucker! a 2ct G VS2 ACA pendant?...such a spoiled brat!... :Up_to_something: .. :love: :appl:
There's a story..... :Up_to_something:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1412831224|3764697 said:
Starryeyed, is that a standard setting you can order from WF? I don't think I see it.
Hi LLJsmom. No, this is a custom setting that Leon and I developed. It's a good one! :))

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful! Enjoy :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results