shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have an emerald cut from Tianyu? Are you happy with it? Is it diamond like? I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts.

Slyther-in

Rough_Rock
76DC5CA9-E745-4799-99FB-6AF4755EEFDF.jpeg 0CCB7246-46A7-4B69-A5B5-6CD802BB7F42.jpeg 68ED4855-3F55-4C65-BCDA-C748A67BFC8E.jpeg

I got my final pictures and video from Ella and everything looks great except the stone looks grey. I can’t tell if that’s because of the black background or if it’s really grey. I replied back and asked for some shots over a white background to be sure, but she hasn’t responded (it’s only been an hour and I think they might’ve gone home for the day). I’m eager to get my ring and I don’t want to delay it unnecessarily. So I was wondering what you guys think. Do you think the color is off or do you think it’s just reflecting? I asked for F color stones because I kept seeing it mentioned that they look better in rose gold. But now I’m afraid I chose wrong.

lovelylovelylife

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Here’s my re-made ring by Tianyu. I’m just asking that they polish the v-prong a tiny bit so it’s less pronounced! I love it. What do you all think??
Here’s the video of it as well:
D08044AC-3687-4D81-8DB3-605B29516388.jpeg 4F1F3BD8-1061-4487-A404-36E1F6D31A1C.jpeg D42ADCBD-5F04-4549-9693-5BF089162E06.jpeg 4611FF06-1F53-4B85-B650-75BC8BCC2C8E.jpeg

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys! I love my set. I'm getting used to the size. Lol I have to admit, I've never really tried on emerald cut diamonds. I have video, but, I don't know how to load them.

Misscaliente08

Rough_Rock
76DC5CA9-E745-4799-99FB-6AF4755EEFDF.jpeg 0CCB7246-46A7-4B69-A5B5-6CD802BB7F42.jpeg 68ED4855-3F55-4C65-BCDA-C748A67BFC8E.jpeg

I got my final pictures and video from Ella and everything looks great except the stone looks grey. I can’t tell if that’s because of the black background or if it’s really grey. I replied back and asked for some shots over a white background to be sure, but she hasn’t responded (it’s only been an hour and I think they might’ve gone home for the day). I’m eager to get my ring and I don’t want to delay it unnecessarily. So I was wondering what you guys think. Do you think the color is off or do you think it’s just reflecting? I asked for F color stones because I kept seeing it mentioned that they look better in rose gold. But now I’m afraid I chose wrong.

That is quite beautiful! They really did a great job with the prongs. Do you mind sharing the CAD for this ring?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
173D494B-9E7E-45D8-9BD1-004B17044CAE.jpeg
Thank you guys! I love my set. I'm getting used to the size. Lol I have to admit, I've never really tried on emerald cut diamonds. I have video, but, I don't know how to load them.

Hi Hulamom4,

Does your emerald moissanite look diamond like? Do you notice any weird colors like gray or blue or green? Also what color is the stone? I’ve asked for F.

Here is my CAD but I have asked for some modifications, so waiting to hear back.

Let me know if you’re happy with the main emerald cut stone.

TIA

Slyther-in

Rough_Rock
That is quite beautiful! They really did a great job with the prongs. Do you mind sharing the CAD for this ring?
A75945BA-2B41-44DE-A456-F9C9DB239A05.jpeg

Thank you! I love it!

When my fiancé agreed to let me chose my own ring, I was completely clueless about rings. He proposed with his grandmas ring but as much as I loved him I knew I couldn’t wear it. It was several sizes too big, had a 8mm wide band and was 10mm high. I don’t wear any jewelry, let alone large jewelry. It would bother me endless until I would give up and stop wearing it all together.

I had to do a lot of research to both figure out what I wanted and then how to describe what I wanted since I couldn’t find an inspo picture that had all the elements I wanted. But they captured perfectly the idea I had in my head.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
My stones are white, with rainbows in the right light. I went with the middle on the color. Ghf.

Hulamom4

Rough_Rock
Horrible maybe ef? See how bad I am? Lol I went for the middle setting color.

Blingmeup1688

Rough_Rock
Newbie here. I have s customs questions. I just placed my 1st order with Tianyu Gem. Has anyone bern charged s duty fee? My order is just under $2500 ($2513 with shipping & insurance) My sales person Annabel suggested I buy insurance so I went ahead and purchased insurance. Which cost me an additional $46.

She messaged me today (after I paid 1/2.. paying other 1/2 when they're done) and said that they are going to declare the value of package for $3000 because of insurance. She wanted to tell me that just in case I get a duties charge.

So now, have put a hold on my order and trying to decide if I should just cancel my order.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Btw... I'm in California.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Newbie here. I have s customs questions. I just placed my 1st order with Tianyu Gem. Has anyone bern charged s duty fee? My order is just under $2500 ($2513 with shipping & insurance) My sales person Annabel suggested I buy insurance so I went ahead and purchased insurance. Which cost me an additional $46.

She messaged me today (after I paid 1/2.. paying other 1/2 when they're done) and said that they are going to declare the value of package for $3000 because of insurance. She wanted to tell me that just in case I get a duties charge.

So now, have put a hold on my order and trying to decide if I should just cancel my order.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Btw... I'm in California.
I’m in California. Have had two rings done made by them and no duties charge. Just my own experience so take it at face value ;)2

Blingmeup1688

Rough_Rock
I’m in California. Have had two rings done made by them and no duties charge. Just my own experience so take it at face value ;)2

That makes me feel alot better They're going to seperate it into 2 Pks for me. And declare $1200 each. Crossing my fingers I don't get slapped with a customs fee.

I just joined this board on Monday. Lost my wedding ring in Vegas this wknd :cry2::cry2:. So, I'm going to try out a moissy. This is the only thing getting my mind off my ring for now. Temporary bandaid. Order a few other things to make me feel better. ;)2 I'll post pics of my cad once it's ready.

Thank You!

Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That makes me feel alot better They're going to seperate it into 2 Pks for me. And declare $1200 each. Crossing my fingers I don't get slapped with a customs fee.

I just joined this board on Monday. Lost my wedding ring in Vegas this wknd :cry2::cry2:. So, I'm going to try out a moissy. This is the only thing getting my mind off my ring for now. Temporary bandaid. Order a few other things to make me feel better. ;)2 I'll post pics of my cad once it's ready.

Thank You!
I am so sorry you lost your rings in Vegas! I had a couple of trips there with rough spots, and I remember always freaking out and making sure my rings were found before I passed out :lol:
The moissanite rings from Tianyu have been really impressive for the price. You can’t expect absolute perfection, but if you are clear about what you want and really check out the pics prior to shipping, you can get some really nice items :kiss2:
Can’t wait to see your CAD! :D

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

Thank You!
Most of the rings that people are ordering are closer to the $500-$600 range, although a few have been more. When they mail the rings, they are undervaluing them at prices like $45-$50 and calling them silver or CZ so they don’t get hit with custom’s. If you are in Europe or Canada, you will most likely still have to pay VAT even on this reduced cost. I think the reason they want to declare the actual value and insure it is because of the high cost. If the ring is declared as gold/platinum and for its actual value, you are likely to have to pay a custom’s duty. This is a rather fluid situation at the moment but it typically applies to goods over $200 and requires additional entrance paperwork for goods over $2500. This maybe why they want to split it in two pieces. I have always allowed them to reduce the cost into the $50 range. I am not sure what happens in these situations if the ring gets lost. I have also noticed that when they ship DHL, I have had no custom’s duty collected by the carrier but I had on two occasions packages delivered by UPS, and was sent a bill. I assume the tax is based on the State in which you live and in CA, I know it is in the 8% area depending on what part of the State you are in.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Having looked a bit more, I think the duty for under $2500 is minimal. You might have to look into this a bit more but it appears to max out at $9. The over $2500 says it is .34% but not over $497 at a max. Having said that, I know the carrier charged me more than $9 on my ring that was devalued so I would suggest finding out the latest. I am not sure how all the various tax/duty fee’s get broken up and applied which is why I just let them undervalue my rings and then hoped for the best. At your price range though, that is probably not a good idea.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/334/~/user-fee---merchandise-processing-fees

Blingmeup1688

Rough_Rock
Thank for the info. Much appreciated! I ordered 2 Rings & 1 pair of earrings for myself. My friend wanted 3 earrings in 3 diff szs. So, all that added up.

They recommended insurance because of the amount I'm spending. Pkgs getting lost during the holidays is also a concern. So. Insurance gives me peace of mind.

Hopefully, customs will be nice and let my pkgs go through without any problems.

Thank you & Happy Thanksgiving!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im planning to order earrings from Tianyu, I just have such a long wish list, I don’t know, where to begin.
After a long consideration I put the idea of a dangling earring aside, and I’m considering studs.
I would like to have at about 5 mm size stones in rose gold bezel setting.
What do you think would look better, French cut, asscher or antique cushion? I’m so indecisive. My first thought was french cut, but I’m really second guessing myself, as I have never seen french cut studs, not even bigger french cut stones than 3 mm from them.
I have got at about a year ago a video from them about a french cut moissanite, but for me it does not look promising.
Decisions, decisions...

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Im planning to order earrings from Tianyu, I just have such a long wish list, I don’t know, where to begin.
After a long consideration I put the idea of a dangling earring aside, and I’m considering studs.
I would like to have at about 5 mm size stones in rose gold bezel setting.
What do you think would look better, French cut, asscher or antique cushion? I’m so indecisive. My first thought was french cut, but I’m really second guessing myself, as I have never seen french cut studs, not even bigger french cut stones than 3 mm from them.
I have got at about a year ago a video from them about a french cut moissanite, but for me it does not look promising.
Decisions, decisions...

I love the antique cushion!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
1A3996A9-1340-4F6F-9A4A-A3E1A2A03E1A.jpeg AFCE222B-9FBD-4880-8868-D6E7C972B969.jpeg A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
1A3996A9-1340-4F6F-9A4A-A3E1A2A03E1A.jpeg AFCE222B-9FBD-4880-8868-D6E7C972B969.jpeg A61C40CD-E6D2-421F-BD8F-80F99C1A04B9.jpeg FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see
Nothing about this looks right to me from your pics. The one prong is clearly off and the cut looks completely wonky. See if these pics help them understand.

image1.jpeg

image1 copy.jpg

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Actually, I think both prongs on the right side are off. The bottom one is crooked and the top one is not set on the facet correctly. It's possible they couldn't set them correctly because of the wonky cut of the stone.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
FC793B00-D926-4701-9A5E-6072463C6378.jpeg I received my ring from Tianyu a few days ago and noticed right away that it was wonky looking. I had noticed it before they sent it out and told them it needed to be fixed. They claimed that their metalsmith fixed it before sending it out. Obviously there is an issue. Tianyu denies that there is an issue and as of right now is refusing to do anything for me. I have sent them pictures. I’m trying to figure out if the issue is with the setting or with the cutting of the stone. Obviously the prongs are off and the stone is set crooked in comparison to the band. Let me know what you guys see

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results