shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Who Wants to See Andelain's New Pendant?!?!?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that turned out beyond FANTASTIC!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
The story on the chain is that I didn’t just pick it out. It’s an old one that I bought almost 20 years ago at a long-gone mall chain store called Lorches. There diamonds were so bad the made Kays seem good, but they sold this odd open link rope type chain that I never saw anywhere else. In spite of the thickness it weighs almost nothing and is very comfortable to wear. When I was talking to Bob about what I wanted I told him I would mostly wear it with one of several 2.75 mm 21kt gold chains I have, but may want to wear it with a slightly thicker chain once in a while. He asked me to send it to WF so they could make sure the pendant would fit it. So there you’re looking at something old, something new….

How cool is that? I thought you had it made for this.. It is seriously the most interesting chain! I guess you never know where you might find something great :love:

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It looks very similar to the Leo diamond three stone ... But a bit more angular reminds me of lobster claws pinching three fabulous diamonds.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Andelain, your pendant is gorgeous! I bet you can't wait! Have a great time on your leave and share some neck shots if you have time. :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Sizzle said:
It looks very similar .............

Ugh, I think you just ruined my mental image of it. And I haven't even seen it yet.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beauty! Wear it in good health always!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! Andelain, that turned out really gorgeous! Congrats to you! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Andelain said:
Sizzle said:

Ugh, I think you just ruined my mental image of it. And I haven't even seen it yet.

Andelain your pendant is beautiful...I wouldn't let what anyone says ruin your image of it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47 said:
Andelain said:
Sizzle said:

Andelain your pendant is beautiful...I wouldn't let what anyone says ruin your image of it!

I'm with slg. I think your new pendant is drop dead gorgeous! I doubt that you're going to want to take it off once you have it. Can you wear your sparklies with your fatigues? I meant to ask you that.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! :appl:

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I can't stop thinking of you as Lonewolfe!!!

Anyhow, just wanted to say again that you have got one heck of a collection there, Missy! Your taste is freekin awesome. :love:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Amazing. The chain is beautiful too.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This pendant is GORGEOUS.
I remember you posting the sketches you made, eventually leading up to this design. I am so envious of your talent!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
gemgirl said:
slg47 said:
Andelain said:
Sizzle said:

I'm with slg. I think your new pendant is drop dead gorgeous! I doubt that you're going to want to take it off once you have it. Can you wear your sparklies with your fatigues? I meant to ask you that.

Oh No! I didn't mean that as a negative comment. I like it!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl said:

Thanks everyone! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Wow, some really nice things you've all said about my design really makes me feel even better. As if I wasn't already really happy with what I dreamed up. :bigsmile:

MissyDebby, you can think of my by any name you want, I don't mind a bit. And I think your taste in bling is awesome too. You have one of the prettiest Leon's I've ever seen. :appl: Sizzle, I'm not upset at all, I was laughing afterward. I love the pendant.

Gemgirl, the answer to your question is "It depends". My pendant is completely unauthorized with my ACU's or even my PT outfit. The only thinkg I'm supposed to wear around my neck in a cross or other religious symbol and it's supposed to stay hidden. So you won't see 'action' neckshots. Earrings are tolerated as long as it a single pair of studs that arern't large. Luckily I don't like large diamonds on my ears. My danglies aren't allowed in uniform. They're a bad idea anyway because they could easily get caught in things. My ring is tolerated because a single ring or set is allowed, i.e. a wedding set, and my ring could easily be worn as a wedding ring. That may even happen eventually. I'm not supposed to wear a RHR, but I do. I just pull it off on the rare occasion I have to deal with the brass around here.

Here's the happy news....

I know the pics are bad, but it was late when I got to my beau's house in the States and the light was terrible. I'll try to get some better shots before long. It's sooooooo beautiful! Don't mind the filth on the ring, I'd been flying for over 30 hours by then and had crud from 3 different countries on that ring. :bigsmile:

TShirtNeckshot.jpg

WithACAring.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
OMG OMG OMG!! The only thing that can POSSIBLY be more beautiful is when we see the pics on you! HOORAY ! I'm so excited for you, it truly is fabulous. :love:

HA that's what I get for not reading down to the end, I missed the neck shot!!! I dooo love it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pendant and great shots. Welcome home for at least a little while. I bet the pendant stays on your neck the entire time you are home. People here on PS often say you can't enjoy a pendant like you can a ring, but I love catching the unexpected glimpse as you walk by a window, or a mirror, or whatever. So pretty!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl said:
Gorgeous pendant and great shots. Welcome home for at least a little while. I bet the pendant stays on your neck the entire time you are home. People here on PS often say you can't enjoy a pendant like you can a ring, but I love catching the unexpected glimpse as you walk by a window, or a mirror, or whatever. So pretty!

Actually I took it off long enough to have my best friend model it for some neck shots, does that count? :bigsmile:

It's true that I can't just glance down at my hand and see it, but I love having it just as much as I would a ring. I've got other bling that I designed, but I really think this one is special. Here's a pic with my best friend wearing it. As you can see I changed out the chain to a lighter 22kt rope that I think it perfect for the pendant. Sorry the pic is so crappy, it was taken in a bank vault where the lighting is terrible. :nono:

NewPendant-modelled.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome home, Babygurl! I love the dimensions of the pendant. The proportions are really really exceptional.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
missydebby said:
Welcome home, Babygurl! I love the dimensions of the pendant. The proportions are really really exceptional.

Thanks, Miss Debby. Although I'm actually already back in the sand. :blackeye: I had someone close to me get really sick and I was able to go see them, but only for a week. Glad you like the pendant, I love it. WF did such a great job with it that even the back of it looks good. I even took a pic to show. WF was proud enough to stamp their hallmark across from the 18kt stamp. (I forget what that's called.

I also took a pic with another pendant that I had custom made several years ago. As you can see, a completely different look. Don't think I'll be wearing the 2 together. :lol:

NewPendantBack.jpg

BothPendants.jpg

BothPendants2.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning! Congratulations.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
KaeKae said:
It is stunning! Congratulations.

Thanks KaeKae! :wavey: :wavey:

Here's a pic that I resized so the pendant is actual size.

NewPendant-LifeSize.jpg :snore:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Andelain! :wavey:

I love your new pendant! It is really unique and the design is amazing!

Please post more neck shots when you can.

Take care over there!

Lori

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
loriken214 said:
Hi Andelain! :wavey:

I love your new pendant! It is really unique and the design is amazing!

Please post more neck shots when you can.

Take care over there!

Lori

Thanks Loriken. :wavey: I've been tryin g to get some decent neck shots with no luck. I'm not sure why, because I see the pendant in the mirror and know what it looks like. I'll post some as soon as I get some taken. :wavey:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new pendant for the modern angular design of it, and I think WF did a wonderful job, but hang on there a minute! The one you had made a couple of years ago? FABOO!!!!!! Tell us about that one Ande! She's a biggy and I love the flow of it. It sort of reminds me of a G-clef, but not quite. Did you design that one from scratch too?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl said:
I love your new pendant for the modern angular design of it, and I think WF did a wonderful job, but hang on there a minute! The one you had made a couple of years ago? FABOO!!!!!! Tell us about that one Ande! She's a biggy and I love the flow of it. It sort of reminds me of a G-clef, but not quite. Did you design that one from scratch too?

Hi Gemgirl, I'll make a deal with you. If you'll tell me what that beautiful thing in your avatar is, I'll show off my older pendant. :bigsmile: :naughty:

The story behind this one is that I went to a remount sale at a mall store with a few loose diamonds looking for a pendant mount and seeing nothing. Then I spotted a brooch mount that really caught my eye, so I asked if they could cut the pin off and put a bail on it. They did, and mounted a couple of the stones I had with me at the time. I also got it in writing that I could get the rest of what I wanted mounted free as long as I did it within a year. Good thing I got it in writing, because when I caught the next remount sale a few months later I had to threaten to sue to get them to honor that. There was more to it, enough that I never went into another Zales, but I got my beautiful pendant how I wanted it. The original didn't have that gold bar coming down the top of the row of stones, the jeweler added that. Other than that, it's much as the designer intended it, except that it hangs from a chain.

Total diamond weight is around 3 1/2 carats. Most of the stones are in the G-H-I range, but there's a few variances. That doesn't take away from the pendant, though. The largest stone is a little over .60ct, about E color, very flourescent without being milky. You should see that high color light up in the sun. All the stones are eye-clean except the largest, it has a white inclusion on the table that you just can't see unless you turn the stone at a bit of an angle because it's white on white. It's also quite heavy, as you can probably tell. I had it fly up one time and bust me in the chops and believe me, I felt it! :o

I've had it for 15+ years and I've worn it almost daily most of the time I've had it. It'll be taking turns with my new pendant on my neck. It's in no way replaced or retired, just resting in my bank box until I get home. Here's a couple pics of it, taken in terrible lighting, but you can get an idea. The top pic is a close-up and in the second pic my best friend is modelling it for me so you can get an idea of the size.

BigPendantModelled.jpg

BigPendantClose.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ande, that pendant is absolutely stunning. I love the flowing lines of it. The more you post, the more I think I'd like to live in your safe deposit box with all of your sparklies 8) . That's killer diamond weight for a pendant and I can definitely see it knocking out a tooth if you wore it while playing any kind of sport.

Ahhh, my avatar is a precision cut 7mm cushion Tanzanite that I bought from Gene Flanigan just before last Christmas. I got "itchy" waiting for my Spinel necklace to be completed by Brian & Leslie. I get myself into the best trouble while waiting for other things to get done! The color in Gene's photo is slightly darker than what I see in real life, but it's still very pretty. Once I started visiting the CS forum, I sold all of my previously collected gems on eBay and started buying only precision cuts, which are so much nicer. I'll have that Tanzi set after I finish a couple of diamond projects that are in the works.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Andelain - that is SUCH a gorgeous pendant - I love how substantial and yet refined and yet edgy it is - it's so, so cool! I love how the diamonds are just suspended between the two gold halves - it conjures up all sorts of neat imagery. Awesome.

Aso, thanks for commenting on your custom WF experience in my other thread. I mentioned this over there but I'm so impressed that you designed this, tweaking and making calls until it was perfect - because it truly is! Wear it in health and happiness!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Love Street said:
Andelain - that is SUCH a gorgeous pendant - I love how substantial and yet refined and yet edgy it is - it's so, so cool! I love how the diamonds are just suspended between the two gold halves - it conjures up all sorts of neat imagery. Awesome.

Aso, thanks for commenting on your custom WF experience in my other thread. I mentioned this over there but I'm so impressed that you designed this, tweaking and making calls until it was perfect - because it truly is! Wear it in health and happiness!

Thanks Love Street! :wavey: I'm enjoying the pendant even though I'm not allowed to wear it with my uniform. Hey, at least I can wear my WF ring and my studs. :bigsmile:

I couldn't resist a couple more pics... :bigsmile: :naughty:

WithACAring-2.jpg

WithACAring-3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant is gorgeous - so is your new one!

I just love the swirls - so flowing and romantic. I look at it and I think "peacock" :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results