shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Las Vegas GTG 2013....thoughts

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: still traveling the west coast but loving the GTG review thread!!

Mr Enerchi and I had a total BLAST meeting all my ps buddies I chat with all day everyday!! DH had fun and is asking about next year already --- who knew?!?! :shock: :lol:

Those who I spoke to will remember my other nickname -"DORY"- because info goes in one ear and out the other, so I'm sure I'd forget people if I started listing....but you guys all made my trip!! PS celebrities in the flesh! And like YT said above, now when I read your posts, I can hear you speaking in my head- too funny! I am so bummed I didn't get to speak to or spend more time with everyone who was there! It was like a whirlwind blitz of activity and laughter and blinginess...and perhaps a splash of alcohol mixed in.... ;)) :wink2: Just sayin! But everyone I had the thrill of talking to, made my night!! And checking out everyone's bling was like a dream come true, and chatting w pink jewel and Yssie about their new rings was very exciting. I'd love to see pics!

Kenny, DH really enjoyed meeting you and he was fascinated by your coloured diamonds---and your camera!!

Suddenly my diamond trinkets just seem so inadequate...maaaaaaaybe I need to get more by next year!! Ya- that's the ticket!! :appl:

Thank you so much Andrey and Linh for throwing a fabulous party and inviting 70 of my BFFs to it :D being hosted in such a gorgeous sky loft suite and meeting such wonderful people, have made this LV trip my most memorable- thank you so much from l'il ole Enerchi :halo:

D

Deactivated member 42515

You guys are too nice! I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it! I'm just not used to compliments about my looks and don't really know how to just receive them. Thank you so much all of you guys! PS is seriously the sweetest, most kind group of people ever!!

Yssie, yes, the moscato was lovely! It was light and bubbly which I felt was like the environment of the room! My glass was always filled to the top! Might have been cuz I slipped the bartender a big wad of something something when I first came in :)

And I'm sooooo sad that we have no pictures together! I found the love of my life and I have no pictures, just the memories to keep me going until I see you again!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the ladies are beautiful!!.. :naughty: Kenny, remember I said ladies, not you... :devil: :lol:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
erica, that's an excellent idea regarding pictures!

Another thought that hopefully wouldn't cause too much trouble for Andrey and the admin would be to color-code our nametags. Perhaps white ones for people who are okay having their pictures posted and yellow ones for people who don't.

Additionally, is there a way to make a thread only for attendees? I know the GTG forum is for members only, but is there a way to restrict access down further so that only people who attended and saw each other, even if they didn't meet saw the pictures and were then able to give an *okay* to ones they were comfortable having posted on the main forum?

Just a few ideas!

Already looking forward to next year!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1370458352|3459567 said:

Another thought that hopefully wouldn't cause too much trouble for Andrey and the admin would be to color-code our nametags. Perhaps white ones for people who are okay having their pictures posted and yellow ones for people who don't.

Additionally, is there a way to make a thread only for attendees? I know the GTG forum is for members only, but is there a way to restrict access down further so that only people who attended and saw each other, even if they didn't meet saw the pictures and were then able to give an *okay* to ones they were comfortable having posted on the main forum?

Just a few ideas!

those are Fabulous ideas!!! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Just a few ideas!

+++1!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It was such a lovely time. Thank you to Andrey, Linh, and Erika for hosting a rocking party and the vendors for the mind blowing prizes. It was so great to meet so many of my bling heros and longtime penpals.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just a few ideas!

Maybe someone could bring a pack of those colored dot stickers and anyone who doesn't want to have their pic posted could put a dot on their badge. I'm happy to bring them if someone will remind me as we get closer because I will never remember on my own, LOL.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just a few ideas!

Great ideas!

Color coded name tags would work for individual shots, but maybe not for whole-room shots.
Perhaps the colored tags could mean "Don't post my pic." instead of "Don't take my pic."

IMO the main decision is whether to allow candid pics at all.
But even if the answer is NO, there will always be people who show up in the background of the posing person or group who didn't want their pic taken or posted.
It's really a problem.

Next besides people allowing their pic to be taken and posted there is the issue of judging if the pic meets the subject's approval.
The photographer may think a pic is lovely and heartwarming, but the subject may be sensitive to the lighting, or their make up or hair isn't right, or only want to be photographed from a certain angle.
Barbara Streisand is like that, and that's her right.
I'm not criticizing.

People vary, and when a photographer and a subject disagree on the acceptability of a pic the subject's feelings are certainly more important!
I posted one pic which I thought was lovely beautiful and heartwarming, but got assassinated for it by the subject via email.
This was not of a person who did not want to have their pic posted; there are other pics posted of this person by other photographers.
By the hostile response you'd think I photoshopped a mustache and devil horns onto the face.

I have no problem with it being taken down but the assassination was unnecessary and deeply hurtful to me.
I ended up crying and VERY shaken up.
The only way I'll open another email from this person is if the Subject line says, "An Apology".
Plus I guarantee everyone else loved the pic and the warmth it conveyed.
But again, no matter what I think, the subject should have full power over pics of them that are posted.

This can only be prevented if each pic is approved by everyone appearing in it prior to posting.
You'll never get everyone to agree on what is acceptable.

If I ever attend another GTG I'm leaving the camera home.
I don't need this.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay I just wanted to say how wonderful it was sitting with you and your SO at dinner. We had such a good time talking. :))

And of course Mr and Mrs. K- you guys were hysterical. You put me so much at ease! I'm sorry I missed the shopping trip on Saturday. I know it would have been a hoot. ;))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1370464488|3459622 said:
Dee Jay I just wanted to say how wonderful it was sitting with you and your SO at dinner. We had such a good time talking. :))

And of course Mr and Mrs. K- you guys were hysterical. You put me so much at ease! I'm sorry I missed the shopping trip on Saturday. I know it would have been a hoot. ;))

SB, the CB (Chicago Boyfriend!) and I just adore you!

BTW, your name change threw me for a loop. Good thing you didn't change your name AND your pic (until later) or I would have had no idea who I was talking to!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kenny, I'm sorry :(sad

Whilst I agree that the subject's feelings should take precedence over the photographer's when it comes to withholding or editing photos, there are certainly ways to share one's opinions and preferences without insulting or abusing the recipient of the message.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Kenny, I'm sorry. You're such a nice guy, and you definitely didn't deserve that! :((

How could someone be so rude?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1370466575|3459639 said:
Oh Kenny, I'm sorry :(sad

Whilst I agree that the subject's feelings should take precedence over the photographer's when it comes to withholding or editing photos, there are certainly ways to share one's opinions and preferences without insulting or abusing the recipient of the message.

Exactly what she said. Kenny I'm so sorry. You were so lovely to chat with and all of the time and effort you put into the photographs was evident! It's unfortunate this particular member didn't like the photograph of them, but I for one didn't see a single bad picture posted by you or any other member! We are all our own worst critics, that's for sure, so I can guarantee their dissatisfaction had nothing to do with your abilities. I hope you still take photos next year and we can figure out a better "system"...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks but I'm not looking for sympathy, and let's not do a pile on.
This person is a wonderful person who made a mistake that I'm certainly willing to forgive if they apologize.
I certainly hope that is forthcoming as I really dislike and try to avoid awkwardness in relationships.
Smooth interpersonal relationships are important to me.

The only reason I'm taking this private matter public is so it never happens again, not to beat up the person.

As the photographer, no matter how good YOU think a pic is, there is no way to know what is going on in the mind of the subject.
Photographers beware.

Also don't make fun comments about the pics.
Some people may not share your sense of humor and misinterpret your comments as insults.

IOW the only way to be safe is to post no pics and no comments.

When the emails started flying I was shocked and astonished at his/her reaction and just put my tail between my legs and apologized profusely.
But after a day to think about it I'm really upset and angry at this person.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Kenny, to provide clarification we were requested by multiple members to remove photos that you and other members posted from the GTG. In every instance, it was about privacy.

Please do not create drama surrounding these requests. As a member of this forum who protects your privacy fierily, you should understand the desire for privacy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1370470750|3459676 said:
Kenny, to provide clarification we were requested by multiple members to remove photos that you and other members posted from the GTG. In every instance, it was about privacy.

Please do not create drama surrounding these requests. As a member of this forum who protects your privacy fierily, you should understand the desire for privacy.

Every pic I posted without asking permission was of a member with pics already posted in this thread.
That was my mistake for which I now apologize, but it was the mistake of every poster who posted those person's pics before me.
So please don't single me out.

Plus the pic this person was upset about was not even candid.
The person was posing, looking directly into the camera and smiling beautifully.
I cannot fathom why it was unacceptable.
It was one of the finest pics I took that night.

Also, did you see I started a long list of people asking for permission?
I think this demonstrates I am respectful of privacy and whether or not I want my pics posted has nothing to do with any of this.
Also anyone's, mine or others', reason for wanting privacy is not relevant.

The issue I'm addressing with the member who attack me via email was not about privacy.
There are several pics of this person still in the thread, as you know since you know who it is.
Clearly this person is okay with pics being posted.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1370471114|3459685 said:
Ella|1370470750|3459676 said:

Every pic I posted without asking permission was of a member with pics already posted in this thread.
That was my mistake for which I now apologize, but it was the mistake of every poster who posted those person's pics before me.
So please don't single me out.

Also, did you see I started a long list of people asking for permission?
I think this demonstrates I am respectful of privacy and whether or not I want my pics posted has nothing to do with any of this.
Also anyone's, mine or others', reason for wanting privacy is not relevant.

The issue I'm addressing with the member who attack me via email was not about privacy.
There are several pics of this person still in the thread, as you know since you know who it is.
Clearly this person is okay with pics being posted.

Ack. Why do some people have to be rude? If you don't want your photo posted, just ask it to be removed. No need to attack the photographer. Sorry to hear you got blasted kenny. Not cool. :nono:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Kenny, I cannot address what was said between you and another member and do not know what occurred in the situation you are discussing. I can tell you that every communication we have received has been about privacy. Your posts are implying that it is because individuals did not like the photos you took, but the individuals I have heard from have asked us to remove all their photos in this thread, which we have done. Every member has been extremely polite.

As I said previously we removed photos from multiple posters. Those individuals did not ask permission either, hence why some of your subjects had photos posted already in this thread. They have also been removed. It is not personal.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1370472888|3459708 said:
Kenny, I cannot address what was said between you and another member and do not know what occurred in the situation you are discussing. I can tell you that every communication we have received has been about privacy. Your posts are implying that it is because individuals did not like the photos you took, but the individuals I have heard from have asked us to remove all their photos in this thread, which we have done. Every member has been extremely polite.

As I said previously we removed photos from multiple posters. Those individuals did not ask permission either, hence why some of your subjects had photos posted already in this thread. They have also been removed. It is not personal.

Many poster were asking for pics.
I had 45.
I wanted to post but wanted to respect subjects wishes so I did two things.
1. Post ONLY pics of people who already appear in this thread in pics posted by others, and in John Pollard's case he has a zillion pics of himself posted all over PS.
2. Post a list of people I need permission from.

Did anyone else post a list?
No.

So if you'd like to single me out, please single me out for being more privacy-respecting than the pic-posters who preceded me in this thread.

Ella, you wrote, 'Your posts are implying that it is because individuals did not like the photos you took.'.
I have no idea how you got that idea.
ONE person blasted me via email for how they looked in a pic that they posed for ... and that was probably one of the most sweet, warm, and loving, beautiful pics I took that night.
They didn't like the camera angle, and the camera being too close. "Party pics are supposed to be 3/4", they said ... Uhm, then why were you posing looking straight into the camera?
Maybe this person had a bad day or was stressed out about something else and just took it out on me.

This whole train wreck reminds me of that saying, "No good deed goes unpunished." :roll:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1370468381|3459660 said:
Thanks but I'm not looking for sympathy, and let's not do a pile on.
This person is a wonderful person who made a mistake that I'm certainly willing to forgive if they apologize.
I certainly hope that is forthcoming as I really dislike and try to avoid awkwardness in relationships.
Smooth interpersonal relationships are important to me.

The only reason I'm taking this private matter public is so it never happens again, not to beat up the person.

As the photographer, no matter how good YOU think a pic is, there is no way to know what is going on in the mind of the subject.
Photographers beware.

Also don't make fun comments about the pics.
Some people may not share your sense of humor and misinterpret your comments as insults.

IOW the only way to be safe is to post no pics and no comments.

When the emails started flying I was shocked and astonished at his/her reaction and just put my tail between my legs and apologized profusely.
But after a day to think about it I'm really upset and angry at this person.

This is precisely why this conversation should have stayed between yourself and said person. Making it a public issue just causes everyone to feel uncomfortable and casts a shadow on a beautiful get together.

I wasn't in LV, and so I loved seeing all the pictures of the attendees enjoying themselves, and was sad to see them taken down, but I understand.

Ella is doing her job, and being fair to all PSers that requested her help, so why do you continue arguing with her, and taking her to task when it was someone else who upset you?

You are an absolutely amazing photographer, Kenny, and I am sure only had the very best intentions. Unfortunately, in this instance they just don't jive with everyone else's preferences.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think Kenny is arguing, I think he's just trying to explain the situation.

Kenny, I hope the person apologizes for being rude. It's fine to request a photo be taken down, but it needs to be done in a polite manner.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoping this gets solved before next year. I really want to come!!! :wavey:

I think we have a year to figure it out.

Pics should be group pics, all agreeing to be in pic. To be taken by a PS approved photographer??

I love the candids, kinda makes us feel like we were there...

But I respect privacy first and foremost.. In this day and age... I get it..

Kenny I hope you aren't feeling like a pile on.. Sorry this has happened.

But knowing you, I hope you have it in your heart to move on and not be bitter...

That's not you....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1370465899|3459634 said:
SB621|1370464488|3459622 said:

SB, the CB (Chicago Boyfriend!) and I just adore you!

BTW, your name change threw me for a loop. Good thing you didn't change your name AND your pic (until later) or I would have had no idea who I was talking to!

Awww I'm blushing! I have been meaning to change the name forever!!! I asked YT before Xmas how to do it so I finally got around to it. Since I shortened the name I thought i would do a better picture. Someone at the TGT said they loved my green ring in my avatar (it is a bracelet!!!!!!!) so I thought new name/ new face right?! Plus I really do love that aqua!

Please keep Mr. Chicago Boyfriend :bigsmile: . He was fantastic. I *might* be able to talk DH into coming next year if he has some good people to hang out with while us ladies talk bling!

Ella- thank you for everything you do on the website. We appreciate all your help, patience and general fantastic attitude you have for putting up with us ;))

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand why the people who don't want their pictures on the web (which I understand) can't just be blurred out of the group and candid photos and their name listed as Jane (or John) Doe (or unidentified or something similar) in the caption. It's not that hard to do.

I deal with screen shots that contain student information all the time and I have to "sanitize" any identifiable info because of FERPA. Doesn't mean I can't use the screen shots, I just have to doctor them first.

Seems like removing entire photos is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Besides, if someone wants to be up to no good, they could have downloaded the photos while they were up, so the fact that some photos have been removed doesn't mean that copies of them aren't floating around.

liz

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys!!!! Just left Vegas today ( I lived there once and spent time with old friends).

So great to see you all there. I wish I had had more time with people. It was so nice outside on the balcony that I ended up stuck there! but I was also having an amazing time speaking Dutch with Lieve from Infinity.

Next year, I am not gonna be running a half marathon in the morning and then flying down to get there 1 hour before the start of the GTG on Saturday. That messed me up fine. I was on basically manic from the exertion and excitement of the day. Drinking 18 million wines did not help either. :wink2:

One of the things though I am recommitting to doing is posting more and lurking less.

So to great times and new beginnings!

Love you all :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to apologize...for not doing a thread yet.. thanking the fine people of Pricescope.. Andrey, Linh and Ericka.. along with JbEG for my fabulous bracelet.. it's been crazy this week after returning home from Vegas (darn job.. always getting in the way of the fun) and today when I finally found some down time.. the sun took a vacation and the storm clouds arrived....

I have a couple pictures to share, but they do not do this lovely bracelet justice..... I'm really crazy in love with it.. and so excited to be a part of this bling community where I have had the pleasure of spending endless hours of time learning and making new friends... it's a wonderful forum and I feel very fortunate to be a part of the "in crowd".... or at least "the Crowd in Vegas Crowd"... :naughty:

The party was awesome.. top shelf all the way, the people even more fabulous. New friends were made, smiles and laughs were shared, new connections and planning for the next year has already started.. for those who know my DH drug me up a mountain at Red Rocks.. he's talking Grand Canyon and Mt. Zion next year... (OMG... I need to rest up!!!)... Yes, we are already talking about next year!!! He also had a blast.. I think he is just looking forward to being Grace's lawn boy... (he's not right... but I knew that when I married him)...

What a blast.... A couple more pictures... I promise a respectable thread honoring the newest addition to my jewel collection from JbEG... those girls rock!!! :appl: :appl: Just waiting for the sun to come back.

247.jpg

_6866.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Sigghhhhhh MayK that is such a gorgeous bracelet! Wear in good health and think of the wine that flowed (my way) that night, the wondeful friends we made and black and white art structures that I'm still scratching my head over ;))

Congrats and I'm so happy you love your door prize!!!! It was so much fun to cheer everyone on! I have to say after further inspection I'm seriously in love with my earrings perhaps with a slight revamp though :halo:

And if I might make one request? In your SMTB thread can you show some wrist shots with your other bracelets?? :lickout:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, that gorgeous bracelet could not have gone to a sweeter person!!! :appl: We were all a little envious, though!!! ;))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I finally snagged some decent pictures of my prize today on my good camera, so it's time to share!

Vera from Whiteflash satiated my inner colored-stone nut with as much information as she could on the very-hard to photograph sapphire. 6.5mm, ~1.30ct, natural sapphire with very good cut, but no documentation so it's assumed to be heated. The Verragio setting is lovely, and my favorite part is the rose gold wraps, followed closely by the scrollwork under the basket.

In the pictures she's playing well with my engagement ring, doncha think? And apologies for the nailpolish in the hand shot :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: ...the dry air in Vegas and on the flights did a number on my polish and I haven't gotten around to redoing them.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and MayK, I'm with SB...we need some "wrist stack" shots!)

dscf3409a.jpg

dscf3414a.jpg

dscf3417a.jpg

dscf3423a.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results