shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. I don''t know why I thought it would be a good idea to come in an hour early today. Oh yeah, road contruction with expected 2 hour delays.
39.gif

Morning all.
24.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good morning ladies! i hope you all had a great holiday weekend and congrats to those who recently got engaged! I seriously believe this summer dust is working really well!

ckrickett - *DUST* for your 2nd interview! I hope you do really well today!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:19:45 AM
Author: ckrickett

I wish I had a normal 9-5 schedule sometimes... then again I don''t work until sunday so my weekends are all sorts of messed up.
Aww, I wish you did, too! So you could enjoy the fabulousness of 3 days off in a row! Someday, maybe?

I was late to work today. But I did pack a lunch, including a plum AND a nectarine. I love summer fruits!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm I love plums!
18.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sigh it''s one of those days!

I woke up at 2 AM feeling like there was a mosquito in the room. Turned the light on, and it was on BF''s cheek! So I didn''t even think about shooing it - I didn''t want to lose it, and then wake up with mosquito bites. So I slapped it! (and slapped poor BF while he was sleeping - he was NOT happy. but then again! I saved him from having a horrible mosquito bite on his face!). And then we couldn''t go back to sleep. Exhausted.

And now I find out that Fedex can''t find a package I shipped (a gemstone I sold). It''s insured with a tracking number. Either they lost it, or the incompetent nincompoop working wrote the tracking # wrong on my receipt (and that is the ONLY way to track it from the store, and the customer service number wasn''t able to find anything either). I''m so mad - and the service there is always so horrible. I end up waiting 20 minutes to be helped - and there are only 2 other customers in the store!! Sorry, needed to rant. I was going into scary b*tch mode on the phone when I realized they may have lost my package.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Crickett, good luck on your interview!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:29:18 AM
Author: sunnyd
Mmmm I love plums!
18.gif
I must agree!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:53:55 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
aw thanks ladies...
I''m leaving soon so I''m a tad bit nervous.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
DUST!!!!!!!!!

And BEG, I''m cracking up at you smacking your SO in the face. Hehehehehe.....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:52:38 AM

I woke up at 2 AM feeling like there was a mosquito in the room. Turned the light on, and it was on BF''s cheek! So I didn''t even think about shooing it - I didn''t want to lose it, and then wake up with mosquito bites. So I slapped it! (and slapped poor BF while he was sleeping - he was NOT happy. but then again! I saved him from having a horrible mosquito bite on his face!). And then we couldn''t go back to sleep. Exhausted.

And now I find out that Fedex can''t find a package I shipped (a gemstone I sold). It''s insured with a tracking number. Either they lost it, or the incompetent nincompoop working wrote the tracking # wrong on my receipt (and that is the ONLY way to track it from the store, and the customer service number wasn''t able to find anything either). I''m so mad - and the service there is always so horrible. I end up waiting 20 minutes to be helped - and there are only 2 other customers in the store!! Sorry, needed to rant. I was going into scary b*tch mode on the phone when I realized they may have lost my package.
LOL. That''s hilarious.. but I can see why BF would be upset! What a horrible way to wake up!

Why do SO many people have issues with shipping?? UGH! It''s so worrisome! I''m paranoid about shipping anything!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:59:22 AM
Author: princesss
DUST!!!!!!!!!

And BEG, I''m cracking up at you smacking your SO in the face. Hehehehehe.....

I thought it was hilarious after awhile! Him....not so much
5.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of horrible ways to wake up... FI woke me last night in the middle of the night with the most god awful smelling fart EVER. I didn''t hear it.. the SMELL woke me up!

I almost had to go sleep on the couch. It was inhuman. I can''t believe that he manufactured such a terrible smell.

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:56:01 AM
Date: 7/6/2009 11:53:55 AM

aw thanks ladies...

I''m leaving soon so I''m a tad bit nervous.

Relax, breathe, and know that you have this! Lots of dust!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:01:25 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 7/6/2009 11:52:38 AM

LOL. That''s hilarious.. but I can see why BF would be upset! What a horrible way to wake up!

Why do SO many people have issues with shipping?? UGH! It''s so worrisome! I''m paranoid about shipping anything!

After Freke''s experience, I was really nervous about USPS. You''d think Fedex would be safer right???? Nope.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:02:49 PM
Speaking of horrible ways to wake up... FI woke me last night in the middle of the night with the most god awful smelling fart EVER. I didn''t hear it.. the SMELL woke me up!

I almost had to go sleep on the couch. It was inhuman. I can''t believe that he manufactured such a terrible smell.

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

LOL. And gross!
3.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
OH thats horrible...
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told him I wished I could bottle it up and make him smell it the next morning.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:05:48 PM
I told him I wished I could bottle it up and make him smell it the next morning.
my SO farts into a pillow.. he thinks its hysterical because it gets concentrated in there... thats why we dont watch tv on the same couch anymore...
gives me a head start to bolt when he gets that look on his face.

I swear do they ever grow up...
38.gif
40.gif
6.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:07:46 PM

my SO farts into a pillow.. he thinks its hysterical because it gets concentrated in there... thats why we dont watch tv on the same couch anymore...

38.gif
40.gif
6.gif
LOL so gross. He better not lay on it on accident or he could get pink eye!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Morning Ladies
35.gif
....i agree, about 3 day weekends. I guess im lucky i had to go to work yesturday...
29.gif
20.gif

Wow...i guess im lucky C leaves the room when he has to fart. Even though every now and than he will let one slip while we sleep.
32.gif
....but overall im lucky. O but i hate it when he leaves the door opens when he goes to the bathroom
20.gif
.....seriously, i love being close like that, but i think thats just a little too close
40.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:09:19 PM

Date: 7/6/2009 12:07:46 PM

38.gif
40.gif
6.gif
LOL so gross. He better not lay on it on accident or he could get pink eye!
Part of me wants to say aw no that woudl be horrible, and the other part of me would be like.. he deserves it.
17.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

DH has really amazingly stinky farts too. I am always floored by them. Yesterday we were putting together two huge bookshelves from IKEA and he KEPT FARTING! The kind that you smell and you feel like you had just ingested a stink bomb. I normally don''t care but these were so bad that I started yelling at him to leave the room when he needed to fart. Then we finish with those and he goes to bed to read. When I got into our bedroom I see he is laying on his stomach on his pillows with MY PILLOWS underneath his lower abdomen to help him get the gas out. WHAT THE HECK! THOSE ARE MY PILLOWS!

Its not like he was farting into them, but still! Gross. The worst is when he will fart and then it gets blown back into our faces with the oscillating fan.
14.gif
OK. Enough fart talk from me for one day.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:12:02 PM
Author: Jessie702
Morning Ladies
35.gif
....i agree, about 3 day weekends. I guess im lucky i had to go to work yesturday...
29.gif
20.gif

Wow...i guess im lucky C leaves the room when he has to fart. Even though every now and than he will let one slip while we sleep.
32.gif
....but overall im lucky. O but i hate it when he leaves the door opens when he goes to the bathroom
20.gif
.....seriously, i love being close like that, but i think thats just a little too close
40.gif
Yeah, FI''s fart last night slipped out while he was sleeping. Evil!

FI has never seen me pee! I don''t even like him watching me pluck my eyebrows. Privacy, please!

He does leave the door open when he pees though. I don''t mind but I also wouldn''t mind if he closed it.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:19:15 PM
Author: Clairitek

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

DH has really amazingly stinky farts too. I am always floored by them. Yesterday we were putting together two huge bookshelves from IKEA and he KEPT FARTING! The kind that you smell and you feel like you had just ingested a stink bomb. I normally don''t care but these were so bad that I started yelling at him to leave the room when he needed to fart. Then we finish with those and he goes to bed to read. When I got into our bedroom I see he is laying on his stomach on his pillows with MY PILLOWS underneath his lower abdomen to help him get the gas out. WHAT THE HECK! THOSE ARE MY PILLOWS!

Its not like he was farting into them, but still! Gross. The worst is when he will fart and then it gets blown back into our faces with the oscillating fan.
14.gif
OK. Enough fart talk from me for one day.
LOL. The day FI uses my pillow to elevate his butt for optimum gas relief...
29.gif

It''s crazy what FI''s farts are like. His "normal" farts are what mine smell like when I''m suffering from SEVERE diarrhea. Its so bizarre, especially considering we have a very similar diet!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock

Still laughing about this...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:22:09 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

Still laughing about this...
3.gif
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Elle.....C has never seen my pluck anything, i usually wax....and when i say wax i mean everything.....eyesbrows, legs, and private, so im lucky there.....But i think he secertly he enjoys seeing me blush whenever he opens the bathroom and he knows im in there. He loves to take any chance at making me blush. I do mind when he pee''s. I mean thats private, we dont need to hold a conversation while your going to the bathroom, seriously! the topic will still be fresh when your done....
40.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:29:54 AM
Date: 7/6/2009 9:57:18 AM

Date: 7/6/2009 9:55:03 AM

Morning!

So, this weekend, I met my bridal hero/idol. Well, I''ve known her for a little while, but only just realized that she''s my hero/idol (hidol? idro? BRIDOL!) I can''t remember how it came up, I think we were talking about long dating period vs. long engagement, and she said that they were engaged for 3 months. She said, ''We just figured he''d already asked, I said yes, so why wait?'' Definitely a point I''ll be making to M when the time comes. (''Do you REALLY want to give me a year to stress about this? I can fill up a year with cake flavours, flowers, and ribbon colours, or we can power through it in a few months. Your choice.'')

So yes. She''s my bridol.

Hahahha. Bridol. I like it.

Amen to short engagement! I am LOVING it. No time for f''ing around. Just make a decision and GO. 4 months from proposal to vows... and I''m the least stressed of all brides I know.

How was the weekend Princesss?

It was really good. I had a DIY marathon, a minor league baseball game, a cookout with some frisbee folks (at my bridol''s house), and a West Wing-a-thon. Perfect.

BTW, I am a DIY fiend. I sanded and painted 2 dressers and a toy chest this weekend. One dresser is mine, one is my sister''s, and the toy chest is doubling as extra storage in my room and a TV stand. I rock.

How was your weekend? (And yours, Aud and TopoDazzle and JCar and ckrickett and vip and anybody I missed....)

Well, while we wait for Crickett''s interview update--and as a means of diverting us off of farts (although i would love to tell you all about the Canadian Fart Dance)--I will just add that my weekend was amazing!!! My BF and I flew to Victoria Canada where his parents live to surprise his mother for her 60th. His brother was there, and his brother''s wife and I met the whole family, and even though were still not *officially* engaged, everyone treated me like I was already a part of it. One evening his dad even talked about how he had to stop at the store on the way home to pick up some white wine for "his girls". (He called me one of his girls!!!
36.gif
36.gif
)

It was the most wonderful fantastic sweet and lovely time. I feel like I''m living in a fairy tale or something. We even got exit row seats on the flight back.
2.gif

So now that we''re done with the trip and the BF is back in the states, all the barriers to getting engaged just fell away. I think it might be this weekend, but I can''t think about that b/c I get too excited. Dissertation is due to the committee on Thursday, so excitement simply isn''t possible right now. On Friday I''ll get excited.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
And speaking of packages i have one in route to my house at the very moment! EEEEKKKKK, so excited!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Brown.Eyed.Girl and elledizzy5 - your posts should include a warning! I nearly choked on my iced coffe I was laughing so hard!

I feel you on FedEx! One of my GF''s had a package lost through them and it took her forever just to get through customer service. Then in the end, they basically told her there wasn''t anything they could do about it.
38.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results