color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:35:28 AM
Author: TopoDazzle
Good morning Ladies! How is everyone?

VIP-I hate that!! Well, I guess on the bright side, you wont have trouble sleeping when its time for bed?

Elle- I am sorry to hear about your kitty (I think I can hear the yowling tho
21.gif
) I just discovered a lump on mine''s tummy yesterday. She had a mammary tumor about 3 years ago. I don''t think this is the same-its not sensitive for her and i can move it around, but I have a vet appt on Friday. Fingers crossed its just a little fatty tumor and nothing to worry about.

Princesss-That is exactly what I heard about Religulous, that it''s Mahr in his preachy-mode. It''s funny how he gets into that mode occasionally. He doesn''t seem to be able to tell when he crosses he line between pedantic and clever, if you know what I mean.
Awww... poor baby! I''d be freaking out. I am so freaking neurotic when it comes to my cat. Seriously! I hope everything turns out OK and it''s nothing to worry about.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:29:03 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 7/7/2009 9:22:35 AM

Author: elation

Date: 7/7/2009 9:06:18 AM

Had to take my kitteh Ferris to the vet yesterday. He has diabetes again so he''s back on insulin twice a day.

This is him in the car coming back from the vet:

LOL! elle your cat is awesome.

I''ve never met a pet with diabetes. = Sorry to hear that..

Not so awesome that he peed and crapped in the back of my car.
14.gif

He felt bad though. I think he was embarassed. I felt bad for him, poor baby.

He''s OK ... its just annoying because we have to be home twice a day twelve hour apart to give him insulin. But.. He''s my baby. I wouldn''t have it any other way.

Oh no!! I had one that used to go through that whenever he traveled. He was a rescue that got shuttled across a couple states to get to me, and I think he had driving trauma. Whenever I had to take him anywhere, he would start drooling, and then he throw up while simultaneously peeing and pooping. Oh, it used to break my heart-he was so sad and scared.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Good morning Ladies! How is everyone?

VIP-I hate that!! Well, I guess on the bright side, you wont have trouble sleeping when its time for bed?

Elle- I am sorry to hear about your kitty (I think I can hear the yowling tho
21.gif
) I just discovered a lump on mine's tummy yesterday. She had a mammary tumor about 3 years ago. I don't think this is the same-its not sensitive for her and i can move it around, but I have a vet appt on Friday. Fingers crossed its just a little fatty tumor and nothing to worry about.

Princesss-That is exactly what I heard about Religulous, that it's Mahr in his preachy-mode. It's funny how he gets into that mode occasionally. He doesn't seem to be able to tell when he crosses he line between pedantic and clever, if you know what I mean.
Exactly! The last rant in the film was so outrageously hypocritical that it really got BF upset. He wants to pull people out of what he sees as a religious fog, but calling them stupid and patting himself on the back for doing so is as bad as people who say "You're going to hell," and feel good about doing it. Neither of us is particularly relgious, but for me it's more because the more people claim to know about God, the less inclined I am to trust them.

ETA: Dust for all the kitties!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:42:25 AM

14.gif

He''s OK ... its just annoying because we have to be home twice a day twelve hour apart to give him insulin. But.. He''s my baby. I wouldn''t have it any other way.

Oh no!! I had one that used to go through that whenever he traveled. He was a rescue that got shuttled across a couple states to get to me, and I think he had driving trauma. Whenever I had to take him anywhere, he would start drooling, and then he throw up while simultaneously peeing and pooping. Oh, it used to break my heart-he was so sad and scared.
Awww!!! Poor thing! it really is heartbreaking when you know they''re so upset.

Ferris has never done that before, I think maybe he couldn''t hold it, and was upset because of it.
7.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:36:55 AM

Author:

Awww... poor baby! I''d be freaking out. I am so freaking neurotic when it comes to my cat. Seriously! I hope everything turns out OK and it''s nothing to worry about.

I usually do to, and if it weren''t for the dissertation I would have taken her in yesterday, but if the news is bad I don''t think I could take it with my everything due to my committee on Thurs. That is why the appt is Fri. One thing at a time...Honestly tho i don''t think it will be bad news b/c this lump is *very* different than the last. It''s definitely between the skin and muscle wall where the last one was clearly part of her body, plus the last one was black and blue and very painful to her. This one I can play with and she doesn''t even notice. I used to have an elderly black lab and he got more and more fatty tumors, and this seems like a kitty version of that. But still crossed fingers!!
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone :)

Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend! I did, but was not happy about going back to work this week...AND it''s a busy week, so I won''t be chatting it up all day with my favorite gals
39.gif

Also, I''l echo princesss and send **dust** to all the kitties

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:52:12 AM
Author: Bia

Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend! I did, but was not happy about going back to work this week...AND it''s a busy week, so I won''t be chatting it up all day with my favorite gals
39.gif

Boo for busy weeks!

Actually, I''d rather be busy, but boo for less chat time!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

39.gif

Morning B!
35.gif

Sorry work is so busy. We''ll miss you!
39.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

39.gif

aw well I hope it isnt crazy stressful!
7.gif
and good morning

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock

Had to take my kitteh Ferris to the vet yesterday. He has diabetes again so he''s back on insulin twice a day.

14.gif

awww, the poor thing! i''ve never met a pet with diabetes either but i hope he feels better soon! you sound like you''re being an awesome mom to him and he''s such a gorgeous kitty too!

Princesss - hmm...BF and i might have to watch that movie now! we like having debates so this could be interesting. we did watch "Grand Turino" last night and we loved it! Clint Eastwood did a fantastic job as far as acting, directing and producing!

ckrickett and TopoDazzle - yes! nap times are totally the best! however, since i do have to go back to work tomorrow, i don''t want to mess up my sleeping schedule. question is: do i want to be productive or lazy today? i''m thinking i might want to go to the pool today since i haven''t gone since it opened. plus any other time i''ve wanted to go, it ended up being cloudy. i really need to work on getting some color here! either that or i could stay in and clean and maybe do some laundry. my next day off is Thursday so maybe i could hold those household duties until then...
27.gif
this is what i hate about my schedule...i never have 2 days off in a row (like an actual weekend) anymore.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:00:31 AM
Author: vip0802

14.gif

awww, the poor thing! i''ve never met a pet with diabetes either but i hope he feels better soon! you sound like you''re being an awesome mom to him and he''s such a gorgeous kitty too!

Princesss - hmm...BF and i might have to watch that movie now! we like having debates so this could be interesting. we did watch ''Grand Turino'' last night and we loved it! Clint Eastwood did a fantastic job as far as acting, directing and producing!

ckrickett and TopoDazzle - yes! nap times are totally the best! however, since i do have to go back to work tomorrow, i don''t want to mess up my sleeping schedule. question is: do i want to be productive or lazy today? i''m thinking i might want to go to the pool today since i haven''t gone since it opened. plus any other time i''ve wanted to go, it ended up being cloudy. i really need to work on getting some color here! either that or i could stay in and clean and maybe do some laundry. my next day off is Thursday so maybe i could hold those household duties until then...
27.gif
this is what i hate about my schedule...i never have 2 days off in a row (like an actual weekend) anymore.
the pool sounds so nice, the weather here is suprisingly pretty today too...hmmm

BUT my house is a wreck I need to do some cleaning first before I take some down time, especially after a day like yesterday
32.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning!

The pool sounds like a great idea. If I didn''t have to be somewhere at noon, I''d go (pool opens at 11, totally not enough time).

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
I second the Boo for busy weeks, but here''s hoping it makes the weekend seem like it comes very fast.
9.gif

Simi thanks you for the dust like this...

simi.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:12:23 AM
I second the Boo for busy weeks, but here''s hoping it makes the weekend seem like it comes very fast.
9.gif

KITTEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
pool, definitely.

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:13:07 AM
Date: 7/7/2009 10:12:23 AM

9.gif

KITTEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lol. i think she heard this
9.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
your kitty does exactly what my puppy does!
awwwww

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
except that if you rub her belly, she''ll act as if you''ve just affronted her terribly.
20.gif
kitties!

on a completely different note...has anyone ever paid for transcription/know anyone who does transcription (audio to text file?)...on short order? I have like 2 or 2 1/2 hours that I am in the middle of transcribing...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies! how are all of you today?

So, remember how i used to get up at 3 every morning for work? now i struggle to get up by 645
25.gif

elle - i hope your kitty is feeling better soon!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

Mornin'' ladies! Lots of dust going out to all the kitties! I''m really starting to wish that I''d taken off this week - the weather is gorgeous for a change.

TopoDazzle - Aw your kitty is so cute! Sending lots of dust your way that the lump is nothing too serious. I had a tumor removed from my kitty recently (benign thankfully) so I understand how you feel.
cKricket - Much luck and dust to you with the interview!
vip - Gran Torino was a great movie - really enjoyed it.
elle - Your kitty is adorable!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:29:37 AM
Author: jcarlylew

So, remember how i used to get up at 3 every morning for work? now i struggle to get up by 645
25.gif

Thanks!

Yeah... I will never understand how you got up at 3. NEVER. I STRUGGLE to get up at 730.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:30:22 AM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

Mornin'' ladies! Lots of dust going out to all the kitties! I''m really starting to wish that I''d taken off this week - the weather is gorgeous for a change.

TopoDazzle - Aw your kitty is so cute! Sending lots of dust your way that the lump is nothing too serious. I had a tumor removed from my kitty recently (benign thankfully) so I understand how you feel.
Thanks, PW!

I agree. This week IS gorgeous. Unfair.
38.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:30:22 AM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

Thanks Patiently!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, lots of dust for the kitties! Somehow I missed that part until I saw the photo.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:31:45 AM

Thanks!

Yeah... I will never understand how you got up at 3. NEVER. I STRUGGLE to get up at 730.
LOL. PAINFULLY. hah. its not that bad once you get used to it. but now i am wide awake at midnight, and E gets up at 5:30am, so it totally throws my sleepy schedule out of wack.
I am trying to get 7-8 hours every night.

this week our weather went from gorg to hello dark and windy. i love it. my poor seattle skin cannot handle the sun and heat!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:31:45 AM
Date: 7/7/2009 10:29:37 AM

Author: jcarlylew

25.gif

Thanks!

ditto!

TopoDazzle - your kitty is soooooo cute!!!! i love it when cats roll over like that! as far as transcribing goes, i helped my BF's SIL do it for a one-time kind of deal and we both thought it was kind of a pain. i hope you get to finish soon!

i think i'm going to go to the pool! i think every girl needs a little R&R on their days off so why not? i'm not sure when the pool opens but i think it will be around 11-11:30. i'm thinking i'll bring along a Sophie Kinsella book (i'm a sucker for "chick-lit" books) and sunbathe. i did compromise with myself so i made some breakfast, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, scooped the kitties' litter boxes and threw a load of laundry in. i think i feel a little better about being productive.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:25:56 AM
except that if you rub her belly, she''ll act as if you''ve just affronted her terribly.
20.gif
kitties!

on a completely different note...has anyone ever paid for transcription/know anyone who does transcription (audio to text file?)...on short order? I have like 2 or 2 1/2 hours that I am in the middle of transcribing...
oh my puppy is the opposite she is always on her back wanting belly rubs.... its adorable.

022puppygirl.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:49:16 AM
Author: ckrickett

except that if you rub her belly, she'll act as if you've just affronted her terribly.
20.gif
kitties!

oh my puppy is the opposite she is always on her back wanting belly rubs.... its adorable.

totally adoreable!!!! hahaha, i've always loved your avatar pic!

what kind of dog is she?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:55:26 AM
Author: vip0802

Date: 7/7/2009 10:49:16 AM
Author: ckrickett

20.gif
kitties!

totally adoreable!!!! hahaha, i''ve always loved your avatar pic!

what kind of dog is she?
She is a weiner dog... :) she is a piebald with lots o spots.

she is supposed to be a mini but is a little chunk a lunk. Unfortunately my SO parents have her because we work alot and she and there weiner dog are puppy soul mates and get massively depressed if they arent together. I miss her tons but we visit alot

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving the cute pet photos today! Keep ''em comin''!

vip - Enjoy your time by the pool! You deserve the r&r

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results