shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O my goodness VIP.....i would be so angry!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I''m late in wishing ckrickett good luck.. But good luck anyways!!
10.gif

My weekend was blah so it''s good to read about other''s! I worked saturday and we had a code blue
14.gif
! (for non-medical people it''s basically where they don''t have a pulse and/or aren''t breathing) Luckliy everything ended up ok so far. Holidays at work are normally so laid back though so it was a surprise to everyone!!

I still have the socially awkward dog. My puppy LOVES it because she eats his food and he doesn''t care..Then my other dog is too busy keeping an eye on the socially awkward one, so my puppy eats his food too. She''s a pig, to say the least.

Oh, and this dog can lick his own butt.. that''s weird, right??? I''ve never seen a dog that can reach. So WEIRD!!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 12:43:40 PM
Author: Jessie702
O my goodness VIP.....i would be so angry!
Yeah, I was definitely angry for her. Unfortunately, she didn''t get it insured since it was only puppy pads but still, it was the principle behind it.

Speaking of farts (teehee!), the BF thinks it''s hilarious to "dutch oven" me. For those who don''t know what it is, it''s when you pass gass under the covers and then pull it over to "trap" someone. Yeah, it''s hysterical.
20.gif
. I threaten that I''ll pluck his eyebrows in his sleep and he hasn''t done it much since...
27.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies! how is everyone doing?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
It''s cold out. Brr.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 3:19:34 PM
Author: jcarlylew
morning ladies! how is everyone doing?
Doing well...just waiting for 5pm to come! How about yourself? Did you have a good time camping?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 11:26:30 AM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 7/6/2009 11:19:45 AM

Author: ckrickett

I wish I had a normal 9-5 schedule sometimes... then again I don''t work until sunday so my weekends are all sorts of messed up.

Aww, I wish you did, too! So you could enjoy the fabulousness of 3 days off in a row! Someday, maybe?

I was late to work today. But I did pack a lunch, including a plum AND a nectarine. I love summer fruits!

nooooooooooooooo! no more summer fruits!

why must they be so squishy?

only one bin of watermelon left. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ok time to catch up
5.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m back.. and I got a really good vibe from it.
/crosses fingers

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 3:22:11 PM
Author: sunnyd
It''s cold out. Brr.
hah. i know, but its nice!!! we still have the office doors open becuase they still have not fixed the sauna heat in our building.

VIp - well it was noon when i posted :razz: I had a pretty good time camping! i slept like a rock, thanks to sleeping pills and ear plugs. Although the boys drank too much, as they usually do.
20.gif

Squirrly - i am with you on no more squishy fruits. i hate fruit flies too. but i do love me some berries!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 4:03:21 PM
/crosses fingers
yay! an interview today?!

*dust*

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh good vibes are always good! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
yay good vibes! more dust for you ck!

sorry i got distracted... my friend put up more of her pro pics, the reception half of them... and well i know that there''s a good dislike of tosses but but this pic is awesome. her face in the shot right before this is great.

i give you a new sport: extreme bouquet catching. may the best vertical and heisman win.
i''m going to frame this and make a speech bubble battlecry. and maybe edit in kilts. and spears.

extremebouquetcatching.jpg

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 4:03:21 PM

/crosses fingers

Awesome!!! *sending job DUST!!!!*

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 5:12:21 PM
Author: Squirrly

sorry i got distracted... my friend put up more of her pro pics, the reception half of them... and well i know that there''s a good dislike of tosses but but this pic is awesome. her face in the shot right before this is great.

i give you a new sport: extreme bouquet catching. may the best vertical and heisman win.

i''m going to frame this and make a speech bubble battlecry. and maybe edit in kilts. and spears.

This might be the awesomest picture ever. IMHO

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 5:25:52 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

Hahahahaha SERIOUSLY!!! I love it.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 5:25:52 PM
Author: TopoDazzle

ditto! she caught the moment perfectly...no pun intended.

5.gif
5.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
she''s quite proud of that pic of her, as we all are. the garter toss isn''t quite as dramatic, but still funny to see one of my friends coolly reaching for the catch with a collected look on his face as two other guys'' arms pop out from behind him, they look nowhere near as composed as he does.

i think i''m going to suggest ultimate frisbee to her. she has the game face down.

where is lilmissrugger. she has an engagement to tell us about (hopefully)
tapping.gif

and star sparkle, sorry to hear you got a place, only to end up in el paso. i''ve only been there once, but it was for a school trip and wasn''t the most fun. the lovely UTEP fans tried to cheer for us boilermakers at the bowl game. well they knew we were from IN so they loudly cheered "go hoosiers"
39.gif
(our major in-state rival is IU and they''re the hoosiers)

there is a nice steak restaurant/ranch/petting zoo/giant place to explore nearby but i can''t remember the name right now.

hmm. i need to prove a point to M that people know what pole barns are and it''s not just where i live. yay google!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME PICTURE!! i love it!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

hahah haha

made my day

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
i so LOVE that pic. I have a family here right now for a visitation and i was trying so hard not to laugh out loud and upset them/
17.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good morning ladies!

so today is my day off and i have no idea why i got up at 7am...i don't even get up that early when i have to go to work!
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning Everyone!
35.gif

Date: 7/7/2009 8:28:58 AM
Author: vip0802
good morning ladies!

so today is my day off and i have no idea why i got up at 7am...i don''t even get up that early when i have to go to work!
38.gif
Ugh! I do that too! SO annoying!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Had to take my kitteh Ferris to the vet yesterday. He has diabetes again so he''s back on insulin twice a day.

This is him in the car coming back from the vet:

upsetkittehgoestothevet.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
DIABEETUS!

Poor kitty.

So BF and I watched "Religulous" last night, and I''m fairly unimpressed. Disappointed, too, because normally I like Bill Mahr. But the movie was mostly ranting with little to no actual persuasive power. I guess he just wanted to preach to the choir for a while. Some parts were funny, but mostly BF and I kept pausing it to argue with him. It made for some interesting discussion, though, so that was enjoyable.

elation

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:06:18 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Had to take my kitteh Ferris to the vet yesterday. He has diabetes again so he''s back on insulin twice a day.

LOL! elle your cat is awesome.

I''ve never met a pet with diabetes. =\ Sorry to hear that..

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:16:35 AM
Author: princesss
DIABEETUS!

Poor kitty.

So BF and I watched ''Religulous'' last night, and I''m fairly unimpressed. Disappointed, too, because normally I like Bill Mahr. But the movie was mostly ranting with little to no actual persuasive power. I guess he just wanted to preach to the choir for a while. Some parts were funny, but mostly BF and I kept pausing it to argue with him. It made for some interesting discussion, though, so that was enjoyable.

Dude.... we felt the same way! He was being such a jerk! I mean, I''m not religious AT ALL. I''m an atheist, but why do you have burst people''s bubbles? If they have faith, why do you have to go around poking holes in it? It annoyed me. It''s the same thing as someone who is religious trying to convince me to believe in God. Not any of your business, sorry.

We also discussed a lot of it, but at the end just felt disappointed in Bill.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:22:35 AM
Author: elation

I''ve never met a pet with diabetes. = Sorry to hear that..
Not so awesome that he peed and crapped in the back of my car.
14.gif

He felt bad though. I think he was embarassed. I felt bad for him, poor baby.

He''s OK ... its just annoying because we have to be home twice a day twelve hour apart to give him insulin. But.. He''s my baby. I wouldn''t have it any other way.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:29:03 AM

Date: 7/7/2009 9:22:35 AM
Author: elation

I''ve never met a pet with diabetes. = Sorry to hear that..
Not so awesome that he peed and crapped in the back of my car.
14.gif

He felt bad though. I think he was embarassed. I felt bad for him, poor baby.

He''s OK ... its just annoying because we have to be home twice a day twelve hour apart to give him insulin. But.. He''s my baby. I wouldn''t have it any other way.
aw your poor kitty!
I understand that when your pet is sick it becomes priority numero uno (whats gonnahappen when we have kids... I prob will put them in a crazy bubble).

our puppy gt really sick late one night like crying and rubbing her litle butt on the floor, we didn;t know what it was I was sobbing and my SO was so worried.
It ended up all we had to do was clean her little anal gland (
14.gif
) but she was ok after that. poor puppy.

I hope your kitty gets better

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 8:28:58 AM
Author: vip0802
good morning ladies!

so today is my day off and i have no idea why i got up at 7am...i don''t even get up that early when i have to go to work!
38.gif
ah you still get nap time tho right.... naptime is the best!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning Ladies! How is everyone?

VIP-I hate that!! Well, I guess on the bright side, you wont have trouble sleeping when its time for bed?

Elle- I am sorry to hear about your kitty (I think I can hear the yowling tho
21.gif
) I just discovered a lump on mine''s tummy yesterday. She had a mammary tumor about 3 years ago. I don''t think this is the same-its not sensitive for her and i can move it around, but I have a vet appt on Friday. Fingers crossed its just a little fatty tumor and nothing to worry about.

Princesss-That is exactly what I heard about Religulous, that it''s Mahr in his preachy-mode. It''s funny how he gets into that mode occasionally. He doesn''t seem to be able to tell when he crosses he line between pedantic and clever, if you know what I mean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results