shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara On My Mind...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
last one for now....got to get the REST of pictures going!

crazyarrows.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara...I''m LOVING the shots of the 5c and 3.29c!!! They both look VERY natural on you.
31.gif
Y''know, oddly enough, the 5c doesn''t look THAT much bigger than the 3.29 on your hand. A very good thing, yes?
31.gif
80K would give me a heart attack!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 6:40:40 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Alj,

Those are really neat pics - I really like your new stone!

PLEASE tell me about your camera - you get gone and then I can''t find you again!
Oh, sure! Sorry.....
31.gif
....having a little "picture party" by myself now that I''ve figured out how to get better shots...lol

I am using a basic Nikon Coolpix 2100.....only 2 megapixel. My husband got it so we could try them out. I need to get one with better megapixels so I can enlarge/crop more.

One thing I''ve found with my Nikon is that it seems to capture FIRE better than some other brands. Mine caught way more fire last year than Mara''s Sony.

However, I played with Mara''s Canon SD550, and that''s a real contender for me. I''m going to try out a Nikon 7 mega camera and see what I get, and then decide. I really would love to stay with Nikon, but either Nikon or Canon is really a no-mistake buy.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I know this isn''t NEW.....but I couldn''t resist posting this picture I captured of my ring outside today. It''s funny how taking pictures of your ring just renews the love affair you have with your jewelry!

ringsontheporch.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell we learned a LOT from Mark?
31.gif
31.gif

ringshotsathome.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
You gir
Date: 5/7/2006 4:54:55 PM
Author: Mara
and here''s the gang of gals !!! from left to right is lizzieC; appletini; aljdewey; mara; and renee!
All you girls are TOO CUTE!!!! I''m trying to catch up on this thread, but it sounds like a FABULOUS time!! And all the bling is to die for
30.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Oh Alj that is a STUNNING shot of your ring! I never realized what it looked like, I love it! And I have to say, you are so stinkin'' cute! I never would have pictured a redhead! Congrats on the new pendant. Mokey

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok - last one - we have OTHER things to show you ladies.

ringshotsathome2.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Also, your band looks a lot like mine, do you have any problems with your girdles rubbing your three stone prongs? I had to do the "S" word to mine because it was tearing up my surprise stones. I tried the spacer, but it drove me nuts. So could you take more pics of the gallery of your ring and the two of them together. Thanks for the new pics! Mokey

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the camera info - you must be a quick learn if Mark showed you all those tricks!

Your rings look wonderful - I really am impressed!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 6:53:20 PM
Author: Mokey
Oh Alj that is a STUNNING shot of your ring! I never realized what it looked like, I love it! And I have to say, you are so stinkin'' cute! I never would have pictured a redhead! Congrats on the new pendant. Mokey
*MAJOR BLUSH*.....thanks. But Mokey, cmon now.....you wouldn''t have guessed a redhead? Have you READ any of my posts here...LOL
11.gif
31.gif

Just kidding....and thanks for the ring kudos, too. I''m so PSYCHED to be able to finally get shots like this! YAY!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 6:56:45 PM
Author: Mokey
Also, your band looks a lot like mine, do you have any problems with your girdles rubbing your three stone prongs? I had to do the ''S'' word to mine because it was tearing up my surprise stones. I tried the spacer, but it drove me nuts. So could you take more pics of the gallery of your ring and the two of them together. Thanks for the new pics! Mokey
Yes, my shared prong band rubbed one of the prongs....but only to a point. I always put that side against the w/ring, so it doesn''t show. And sure - I''ll take more pics of my ring, but it''s gonna have to wait a bit - these ladies are RABID, and if I don''t get up the rest of the pics I have, I will be banished, I''m sure! LOL

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Oh I have read them and I love your "spunk", but I never pictured a redhead! I do love the ring shots, they are tremendous! Keep it up!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
We saw some really cool things while we were there - including this bangle solitaire bracelet. I hadn''t seen it before, but Mara had seen it on the website and said it appealed to her far more in person. (So much so that she''s likely going to use that to whet her appetite until she can wheedle the next upgrade out of you know who!)

The bangle has a .50 stone; the other is an empty tennis bracelet setting.

22bracelets.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
No problem, take your time, I am just enjoying all of the beautiful sparkles today!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al, I love the pics of your rings!!! Those photos are just blazing with fire. Mark taught you guys more than a thing or two, hehe.
30.gif
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
another shot of the bangle.

22solitairebangle.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok....now there are some things I cannot tell you about or else Brian would cut me off from future diamonds, and we can''t have that. So I''ll just post a few pics and let your imagination run wild.
31.gif

22shhh2.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
La la la......

22shhh3.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
la la la la..........

22shhh4.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
end of song.

22shhh5.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
ME LIKES!!!!!!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
UNBELEIVABLE.............

wow! Alj, your photographs are phenomenal! I''ve even got dh looking over my shoulder admiring your work.
Would you please tell us more about how you are getting these shots?

and thank You ! it''s so fun to follow this thread.

you all look like you had a blast.
Mara - you look so happy!!

holy moly!
yer gonna turn me into a serious size gal if I keep following these threads!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow great pictures!!! You guys are almost as pretty as your diamonds
9.gif
! I love your new pendant Aljdewey and thanks for showing off that diamond solitaire bangle bracelet. I just got the shared prong bangle from Whiteflash and I absolutely adore it. Glad you guys had a good trip and got home safely.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, MGR and Kaleigh......yes, I AM a quick study.

Actually, I''ll confess that I''m pretty big into photography to begin with - have been for years - but just hadn''t played to that extent with my rings before. Getting a few tips on how to get close without getting blurred out really helped.

One cool trick I figured out for myself this morning......cover the flash of the camera with your fingers. It will still fire, but it will diffuse the light and even make it look red from your hands!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee so...many...princess....stones....
3.gif
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
add these to the arsenal of beautiful things to come....i think i actually drooled on the desk when these came out. can anyone say 3 stone right hand ring? I SURE CAN!

bevy of beauties b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif

bevy of beauties a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe dg...i even had alj going ''oh your stone would make a fabulous right hand ring'' and she isn''t a size girl at all!!!!! osmosis.

sundial...nothing is as pretty as our baubles...as you well know!!

i LOVED that single stone bangle, i am so all over it. hopefully i can get either that or a solitaire pendant later this fall if i am very good (
11.gif
) and we meet our other financial goals!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the girdle protected on the solitaire bangle bracelet? Is it thin bezeled or something? I''d be afraid I''d hurt it but I''m guessing they must''ve already thought of that....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results