shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara On My Mind...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the pendants!!!
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, where to begin? I'm still RECOVERING from our whirlwind!
2.gif

The most exciting part of the trip for me? What else......having the chance to spend time with my "heart", Mara. My flight arrived about 90 minutes before hers, so John took me to the hotel while we waited, and Mara rode in with Brian (who happened to be arriving on a flight about 15 min. after Mara's. I was SO excited to see her.....it was like waiting for Santa to finally arrive! She was the whole reason I made this trip......just to see her. And it was worth it for that alone!

We had to get lunch (both of us began our collective morning at 3:30!!!!!!! Yikes), so we ate lunch at this FABULOUS Meditteranean place called Droubie's (THANKS, GEORGE!). The food was TO DIE FOR - a little tiny neighborhood place with the most awesome food!

Then we went to WF - Mara couldn't sit STILL waiting to see her stone! And oh....with good reason. That stone is just perfection. Truly.

Then we had a chance to meet some of the new staff (more on that in a bit), and then we got a preview of things to come with Brian. OH....and we got to see Lynn's stone as well - GIRL, that thing is a HONKER! Lovely! WAIT until you see the cool shots that Mark took of your ring with Mara's new one! Drool times two, ladies!

As Mara said, dinner at Ruth's Chris was soooooooooo yummy! In fact, I'm still recovering from the food orgy that was this weekend!

Friday was more taste tests and the chance to meet some new faces - LizzieC stopped by as well as Angela. Very nice to see them and to meet Appletini! A huge chunk of the staff came out for drinks with all of us on Friday night before we headed to dinner, and of course, we HAD to have a little hardware party right there in the middle of the lounge!
30.gif
30.gif

And brunch at Brennan's? GOOD CALL, Jorman! Holy cow....or rather, Holy Turtle!

All week prior to our trip, we had been hemming and hawing on trying the turtle soup. I'm such a freak, I thought that was just "what they called it"....no, it's REAL TURTLE! I didn't think I was gonna be able to get by that mental thing (talk about soooooooooo not mind clean!)! John asked the waiter for tasters. Mara tried it first, then John and they both raved. They handed the taster to me, and I looked at it with this PAINED look on my face. It looked like an episode of Fear Factor! heheheh.

Finally, Mara says "JUST TASTE IT!"....and I did. Wow - SO good! So we both had it.

Things that impressed me this trip: It's clear that WF is investing in manpower, and the caliber of these folks is just amazing. John V. had just joined WF last time we went, and the things he's doing for their web stuff is just top-shelf. Mark, their new photo guy - OH MY GOODNESS, he will be a HUGE favorite on PS in the coming months. That man can do things with a camera and jewelry that are just mind-blowing. We had a chance to see Jaime again and to meet Celina.....very professional additions to their staff. We also got to spend a bit more time with Leon, and it was fascinating to be face to face with him during the collaboration process of discussing tweaks to Mara's new head to accomplish her vision.

Brian, Debbie, and Lesley, too, were so generous with their time, and it's clear that they have a great vision of where things are going. It was wonderful to see them all again. Also, I cannot say enough about George. He's a new addition to WF as well.....bright, sharp, and very solid. We liked him immediately (although I think we scared him just a bit).

He walked into Brian's office while we were drooling over some stones, and the pictures were snapping off faster than paparazzi on the red carpet. I think he was just fascinated that anyone could be THAT into diamonds.
23.gif
23.gif
Still, I think we managed to give him some small sense that we are (soft of) normal when we aren't playing with the stones!
2.gif

We didn't get to see Bob and some of the other sales staff again because that office is undergoing renovations, but hopefully another time.

YES.....this time I BOUGHT SOMETHING! YAY! I had asked them to set aside two stones, and I added those to 4 others blind. Renee was kind enough to set them up for me so I could TRULY let my eyes do the picking this time. What did I pick? A .56 J, SI2 stone for a solitaire pendant. Pictures to follow in a bit.

Most of all, I have to give HUGE credit to John Q......who managed to treat us like royalty and STILL handle all the demands of his job. Last time we went, we didn't get to spend as much time with him because he was working on a few initiatives with fairly immiment deadlines. This time, we were lucky to see a lot more of him, and he's even more impressive in person than on Pricescope. He's really grown with this position, and it's evident how much his knowledge has expanded in just a short year's time. He's a fantastic asset to Whiteflash and a great ambassador and "public face" for them.

I hope it won't be long until our next visit....there's always SOMETHING left to buy, ladies! LOL

I'll try to get some pics going soon - have to sort thru a few first.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay and here are two more shots of all the bling on apple's slenderific fingers...yum!

houston girls light.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

houston girls blue.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My new pendant! This thing looks just amazing! I had a choice....two ES stones (.54 J and a .56 I), and then 4 ACAs.

I had them all put into a tray in random order. Then Mara, Renee, and I all picked our top 2 faves. The .56 J, SI2 ACA was the clear winner. It was more than the 2 ES stones, but I decided that I wanted to buy at least one stone strictly with my eyes, so the ACA it was! And I''m glad - LOOK at the arrows on this baby! Woo-hoo!

11DSpendant.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s the gang of gals !!! from left to right is lizzieC; appletini; aljdewey; mara; and renee!

the girls at chammps b.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
*SIGH*....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

11DSarrowsand colors.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is an amazing shot i got of al''s halo pendant .... YUM YUM!!

ds halo pendant.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the group pic, you guys are too cute!!! Al, your new pendant is incredible. Look at those arrows, OH MY!!! Just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al, that pendant is just gorgeous. next on mrssalvo''s list, after upgradeing my earrings.

love the group shot of you gals, you all look great..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 5:00:31 PM
Author: Mara
and here is an amazing shot i got of al''s halo pendant .... YUM YUM!!
Thanks for the halo pic!!!!
31.gif
27.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Aljdewey - Your pendant is beautiful. Is the halo yellow gold & the metal surrounding the diamond white gold or platinum. It''s really hard to tell from the pics if it''s all yellow gold or two tone.. Inquiring Pricescope Fans want to know details...(lol). I just showed dear hubby your pendant so he know''s what his marching orders are for my anniversary this year.... Also is your Halo a slider meaning can it be versatile & fit on an existing chain or is it attached to the chain you showed in the pic??

Mara - Congratulations it''s fabulous. I''m over here tapping my fingers waiting for my upgrade but your pics are keeping my greeding diamond mind occupied!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj, your pendant is beautiful! Mornings will be difficult for you - having to choose between the solitaire and the halo!

Thanks for the group pic - looks like great fun!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and while we were there we saw miss darling lynn''s ring....which is just spectacular. look how small her size 5 fingers are, this is her ring on my hand. arrows!!

lynns ring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and one more of lynn''s ring...this is as far as it goes on my big paw.

lynns ring on maras hand.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought she was still deciding about the mounting - what''s it doing at WF already?!?!?!?!

Hmmmmm. . . . . . .

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Oh Lord I''m a size five & I added .50 sidestones to a 2.5ct center. What the heck was I thinking..(lol)

My heart is palpitating thinking how is this all going to fit... must stay calm, must stay calm... Pass the mylanta!

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
If Kristy darling can fit a 3.56 center and then add pear sidestones on her tiny finger, I think you will be fine!
2.gif
Congrats though!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 5:49:21 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I thought she was still deciding about the mounting - what's it doing at WF already?!?!?!?!

Hmmmmm. . . . . . .

Ummmmm... *I sent it!!!*
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Thanks for the great photos, Mara my dear! It is so nice to see that my baby arrived safe and sound and is being well taken care of!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date: 5/7/2006 5:49:47 PM
Author: Diam100
Oh Lord I''m a size five & I added .50 sidestones to a 2.5ct center. What the heck was I thinking..(lol)

My heart is palpitating thinking how is this all going to fit... must stay calm, must stay calm... Pass the mylanta!
No worries - mine is a 5.5 with a 2.22 center and .60 side stones. It fits just fine! Can''t wait to see your new ring!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Did I miss something? Lynn, what are you having done with your ring?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Lisa - thanks so much - yeah, ARROW CITY - YUM

Mrs. S......thanks! Which one is next on your list? Solitaire or halo?

Diam100 - the halo is from last year. It''s a .75 J, SI1 center with 1-pointer melee. The inner bezel and the melee prongs are all platinum; the outer edge and lattice sides are 18K yellow. All on a YG cable chain. I brought it becuase I broke the previous box chain; I think it just wasn''t durable enough for this type of piece.

MGR - Nah...........eenie, meenie, miney, moe! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so you folks are turning me into a monster with all the pictures.....I cannot resist doing it too!

11dsnewpend.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
.......another....

11dsnewpend2.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
.............hee hee. Cute for a little thing, yes?

11dsnewpend3.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
.....*swoon*

11dsnewpend4.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj,

Those are really neat pics - I really like your new stone!

PLEASE tell me about your camera - you get gone and then I can''t find you again!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
......looks like the crystal ball in the Wizard of Oz!

11dsnewpend5.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj - thanks so much for the Houston report!!! I would''ve LOVED to be there too, sounds like you girls had an incredible time. What could be better.....diamonds, diamonds, diamonds, drinks, and food! Sounds like my idea of heaven!
9.gif
And Yay for the J half-carat!!! It''s beautiful!

The ring orgy shot of Appletini''s finger is sure to become a PS classic.
36.gif
Boy, there''s a ton of beautiful hardware around here!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok...there''s something wrong with an adult having this much fun with a laser pointer!

11dsnewpend6.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results