shape
carat
color
clarity

ADMIT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Snow Happy''s custom 1920''s Tiffany replica:

DSC00002.JPG

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany replica originally MrsSalvo's, now Choros' (with bezel):

questcustomset2.jpg

questcustomset1.jpg

Copy%20of%20Adrian%20View%201A.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey NJC, that was MrsSalvo''s Tiffany replica. Which amazingly enough now has a bezel and belongs to Chrono! Delish ring!

I haven''t replied yet because there are so many I love.....Cflutist''s 3 ct pear, Dididiamond''s 3 stone radiant ring, her EC ring.....KristyDarling''s 3 stone...the list goes on and on!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh... i had no idea! Thanks for the correction.
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
These kinds of threads are fun, except that I am totally at a loss to answer! njc, I had forgotten buena girl''s beautiful simon g. That is gorgeous.

If I could answer this question, I''d probably have my new setting by now!! hmmm, I will try to at least mention a few that have caught my eye. If I had never tried one on my hand (don''t like it as much on me), I might choose something like Kaleigh''s or KristyDarling''s side pears. For side baguettes, I love KristyDarling''s Tacori. slammie''s set is of course a beauty, although then again, never having seen it on my hand (is it pave?), I''m starting to think I don''t always like pave on my hand as much, but might prefer prong-set, in which case I''ll take Mara''s!
1.gif
There was a very unusual ring posted by Sweet Violet Blue; maybe I''ll try to post that one. Also I love both of kittykat''s rings, the OEC with squarish prongs and side rounds, and also her pear with baguettes. I would also be happy to take GemKlctr''s pink center flanked by two white - I think all ovals.
30.gif
(see recent Chantilly Gem show thread) Oh boy there are so many others. They look so beautiful in pictures here on PS (I just don''t know what looks good on my hand. Wish we could have a PS convention, where we all come and try on each other''s rings!! All the rings at the PS GTG''s were beautiful, with special mention of PrincessV''s radiant? halo ring - I really like shapes like that. Oh yeah, for colored stones, although I am not a ''red'' girl because of my coloring, I love msflutter''s (I think it''s hers) gorgeous ruby surrounded by diamonds.

Then I could start a "favorite picture of a pricescoper''s rings" - which would include the props. For this Mara definitely wins the prize, as I could drool for hours over her gorgeous flower pictures of her new upgrade. And I love that pink rose shot of diamondlil''s. I think it was Virginia, when she got her diamond, did a pink roses background, and I am such a sucker for those pale pink roses; I just love that as a diamond backdrop.

This was Sweet Violet Blue''s ring, although there are many similar ones that also would fall into this category.

SVB_180.jpg

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one I''ve been lusting after a lot lately - It''s Msflutter''s halo ruby. Delish!

msflutter012b.JPG

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Susi''s (can you tell i like the ones with the little details???)

oecmount2.jpg

oecmount.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old-fashioned girl -- thank you for posting that pic of Sweet Violet Blue''s ring...whenever I see it my jaw drops. You''ve reminded me of how much I like that one. I love round stones in octogonal settings. The details on that ring are so delicate and dainty, they only enhance the stone instead of overpower it. I love it!!!
36.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:42:21 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Old-fashioned girl -- thank you for posting that pic of Sweet Violet Blue's ring...whenever I see it my jaw drops. You've reminded me of how much I like that one. I love round stones in octogonal settings. The details on that ring are so delicate and dainty, they only enhance the stone instead of overpower it. I love it!!!
36.gif
Yes, there was something about that ring that I loved. I too liked how the halo made it look octagonal. And the step-cut stones on the side. It's more ornate than I usually think I would want, but when I saw it I thought, hmmm, maybe I could go ornate.... Maybe because like you said, the details only enhance it.
Wish I could try that one on. Also, I wish I had all of her views of it. I think her pics may have disappeared, and I don't think I saved them all. If I could see that in person and try it on, maybe I'd love it and be done with my upgrade. But I just can't get something custom done without knowing ahead at least somewhat what it would look like!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I have been a lurker here for a few months now and I would have to say that my favorite ring has to be albicocca''s vera wang! I found ps by googling vera wang rings and this is the first one I saw and I love it! It has made me want a cushion cut and I love the thin, thin band! It is sooo delicate and lovely.
18.gif

verawangrings2334.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:51:23 PM
Author: Rachie
I have been a lurker here for a few months now and I would have to say that my favorite ring has to be albicocca''s vera wang! I found ps by googling vera wang rings and this is the first one I saw and I love it! It has made me want a cushion cut and I love the thin, thin band! It is sooo delicate and lovely.
18.gif
p.s. to albicocca: I also saw your ring in the store (although with a RB; I like your cushion better), and it is really beautiful!!! (of course it is on PS, but it makes a difference to see things in person)

I might have gone for something like that had I seen it when I was engaged!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
My choice would be FireGoddess''.
30.gif
Her pear ring is what made my heart start to wander from RBs. It always makes me drool, without fail.
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 4:52:48 PM
Author: DodgerGurl
My choice would be FireGoddess''.
30.gif
Her pear ring is what made my heart start to wander from RBs. It always makes me drool, without fail.
3.gif
That is so sweet!
face23.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
OFG - Ohhhh I kept Sweetblues pics it's still my favorite for a ps ring besides mine:) Still trying to mull over if I should make that a RHR..

Here's SweetVioletblues pics:

Pic 1

SwBpic1a.jpg

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
SweetVioletBlues Pic2:

SwBpic3a.jpg

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
SweetVioletBlues Pic 3: Last of my SVB ring fetish (lol) before I clog up the thread!!

SwBpic2a.jpg

lovemybug

Rough_Rock
FireGoddess''s is also absolutely my choice. My engagement ring is also a pear, but I never thought much of the halos until I saw hers. Now I LOVE them. I think I''ve shown my husband her ring four or five times as a suggestion for an upgrade in a few years! Ü

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Diam100, thanks for posting those pics! I am so glad you saved them!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
it''s already been posted, but my fav is LOVEY''S!!!!!! I swoon every time I see it..
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 12:43:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I can''t find it, but I have been having emerald cut fever lately.. and one of you sweethearts have a stunning freakin HUGE emerald cut like 4+ carats.. Its really yummy...
31.gif
Diamondfan''s?? But it''s 9.23 carats. I have seen it in person and it''s fabulous.
30.gif
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh you posted the green tourmaline e-ring before I could! Don''t you just love it.
Well there are a few pad sapphires out there on ps that I wish were mine too.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 12:54:02 PM

Date: 6/6/2006 12:47:04 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 6/6/2006 12:43:15 PM
I can''t find it, but I have been having emerald cut fever lately.. and one of you sweethearts have a stunning freakin HUGE emerald cut like 4+ carats.. Its really yummy...
31.gif
Diamondfan''s?? But it''s 9.23 carats. I have seen it in person and it''s fabulous.
30.gif
30.gif
I FOUND IT! Holy crap, it IS 9cts! I hope I didn''t offend her by saying it was 4.. sigh! I''d forgotten it was that bloody enormous. LOL
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

Yeah... Um. *Gulp* that is a seriously GORGEOUS emerald. Those baguettes probably wieght more EACH than my asscher does by itself...lol.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know where sweetvioletblue''s ring came from by chance? I''m setting hunting, too (for my imaginary diamond
2.gif
)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

{{{{do y''all know where sweetvioletblue''s ring came from?}}}}

I might as well copy this here, in case someone sees the question in this thread:
Here''s
her original thread. Her screen name changed to Trinket08 it looks like, and pics disappeared, but here''s what she said about it:
"I inherited a 1ct RBC from my gramma, and put it in a setting by MK Diamonds (they make the Natalie K line of gorgeous jewelry, www.mkdandj.com) with .47ctw in step cut trapezoids and .48ctw tiny round melee that you can see from any angle looking at the ring. I love the squared center setting and I think even though this setting was made for a square stone originally, I love it with a round."
(I''m pretty sure it''s her thread; if you read thru it some people refer to her as sweetvioletblue, even though it looks like the thread is by trinket08.)

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
This one is my favorite as of recently (hope she doesn''t mind me posting it)!!!

It''s Kath''s ering, .41 F VS1 in A. Jaffe setting:

Engagement%20004%20cropped.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw shucks I am blushing...thanks for the compliments...Considering how many stunning rings I have seen here and admired and drooled over (neatly) that is so nice to hear!

Gypsy, I am loving your setting like you cannot imagine. My bags are not huge, maybe .50 each? Seemed small to me but that is what Tiffany''s suggested when they designed it...

SDL, no offense taken! You have a lot going on and I cannot imagine that the details of my ring would stay in your mind when you are looking SO fabulous that when you pass a mirror you have to stop and say WOW...

Kaleigh, coming from you that is high praise! We have tons of fun getting together and checking out bling...and laughing too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan... thank you!! , I can''t wait until I can start the setting project. I made up a powerpoint presentation for Pete at Quest (Viginia''s influence) today for it.
3.gif
Was fun. Your ring is just stunning,
6.gif
The smaller baguettes actually give the ring a delicate and elegant look that balances the size of the monster diamond. I think with larger baguettes the whole effect would have been a very different and frankly, blocky, one. So, again, Tiffany gets points for doing what they do... and doing it well.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know yours will rock. Yes, I did have my doubts...they brought the stone in loose so the setting was really my choice. I debated A LOT. Then I asked, what would this stone be earmarked for if I were not getting it? When they said a ring, I asked, what would you do with this? I got to see some renderings and knew in my heart this was a setting I would never tire of. Of course, PS gives you so much eye candy and food for thought that if I daresay, I have many RHR options for the future that keep me content right now!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 11:38:51 PM
Author: diamondfan
I know yours will rock. Yes, I did have my doubts...they brought the stone in loose so the setting was really my choice. I debated A LOT. Then I asked, what would this stone be earmarked for if I were not getting it? When they said a ring, I asked, what would you do with this? I got to see some renderings and knew in my heart this was a setting I would never tire of. Of course, PS gives you so much eye candy and food for thought that if I daresay, I have many RHR options for the future that keep me content right now!!!

It''s such a classic amazing choice. And with a diamond like that timeless elegance is the best compliment to it. Great choice! As for RHR... tell me about it. I WANT an east/west oval SO BAD after all the bling over on SMTR. YUM!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love a ring similar to yours with a pink sapphire or gorgeous aquamarine in it...I do have a nice e/c band and a pretty cushion tanzanite in a pave halo which I like...I also love the split shank halo''d ovals or cushions with a colored stone in them, or pink diamonds around the center...dh teases, save something for your next hubby to give you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results