shape
carat
color
clarity

ADMIT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My NEXT hubby? LOL. I haven''t let this one bag me yet... we''re talking about Hubby #2???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patience, patience Grasshopper...no seriously, this is a running joke between us...he says, I am so considerate that I will not get it for now and let your next husband buy it for you! (used to piss me off something wicked but now I give it right back to him, love to see the hurt puppy look in his eyes cause he can dish it out but he so CANNOT take it!!!) In the end he usually ends up getting it for me...this is form of torture since he can no longer make an suspenseful game out of much else!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whew! I thought you knew something I didn''t. LOL.

I can understand the running joke... and its kinda cute that he his feeling get bruised when you tease him back.

I can joke about a lot with DF, but... I don''t think I could do that one. He wouldn''t take well to that either. Men. Just fragile creatures. *snicker*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always say I have four kids, three I delivered and one that is grown and has a job but is almost my biggest baby!!! Men really have some funny fragile points that they are loathe to cop to. Now if we are out, and I see something I like, I just say, I will let Lars buy it for me, Lars would want me to have that etc... (Lars being my imaginary future dh that he is convinced comes over when he is out and moves his glasses and such)...it is just one of those things that are really dumb that become part of your script!!! Of course, it works best when you are married and there is a chance that they can have a sense of humor...but hey, on my honeymoon I asked my dh if he wanted a divorce (in a fit of hysteria when he said something to me that freaked me out...) and TO THIS DAY (nearly 16 years) he STILL brings it up. I always have to point out to him that I did not ASK for one, but asked if HE wanted one based on his stupid comment (I was a bit sensitve, no?) and think there is a subtle but valid difference in the phrasing!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF STILL brings up the fact that I wasn't attracted to him, physically, when we first met. Lord!

The script-- EXACTLY!

We've been together longer than most of our friends have been married-- or together (7 year anniversary in June... DF wanted the re-set to be my present... must get a new job... a GOOD new job)... and it's so funny when other's overhear our script.

When we first moved in together we lived in an apartment where we couldn't have pets and OH did we want them. But DF bought me an elephant stuffed animal and she became our pet... we did voices for her and everything. Still do... 4 cats and a dog later. She's the one who gets away with saying things to the other person that well... we don't feel comfortable saying straight out. But people have overheard this and are just... there are no words. LOL.

So no worries about the script... and if Lars is ever in Tiffany, tell him that I'd really like this necklace.
2.gif
It has matching earrings too.
11.gif

18968169_xl.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just like a man! Say, well I am now, so who cares? I know couples who HATED eachother when they first met...could not stand to be in the same room, and are crazy about each other now...just goes to show...I would say, it is not where you start but where you end up that counts!"

That is awfully pretty. Maybe Lars can get me the earrings and we can share! Lars has a brother Sven who might be available!!!!

Most couples have a "script" they get into, does not have to be negative necessarily though it can be typical in a fight to revert to it (esp if fighting about old and unresolved things like MOTHER IN LAWS)...my psych background rearing it's head...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a couple of negative scripts. His mother, my mother... funny thing about that is one of our scripts is defending the other's mother to them... but for the most part, well... they're positive and comfortable... and one of those things where... when things get hard and bad, and you let yourself think... just for a minute... about walking away, the script is what pulls you back. It's a verbal reminder of all you have shared and all you've been through.

Well for me it is, anyway. Whew! All that and no psych degree to blame.

Sven sounds promising.

ETA: I'm off to bed. Stayed up late cause DH is feeling unwell, and I wanted to keep him company... but I'm fading fast and dragging his butt up to bed. Goodnight DiamondFan! I enjoyed the chat.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your insights are wonderful, that, and you have great taste in jewels!

I too enjoyed it, had a laugh which I sorely needed! Even if we had to sort of thread jack to do it!

Get some rest, dream of your stunning ring!!!

I am in the East so it is super late, but I tend to have major insomnia anyway, so PS is both a blessing and a curse!

I will make sure Sven sees the photo :)))))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a minute you two....DF you promised ME SVEN!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t remember who this belongs to....but I love it!

bobby.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s Demelza''s yummy Blod!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s not the setting that diamind is in now, though! It did look great in that one, IMO.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I still lust after Ladyluck''s sapphire for a rhr.....

Deco''s ring after the "ole'' stabby" remake is my favorite e-ring with side stones....

Mat''s Lockes solitaire makes my heart sing...

Anything Widget owns.....

And Aljdewey''s pendant will haunt me until I get a WG version myself!

Here''s Ladyluck''s.....

ladylucksapphire1.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lor, I stand corrected...Well, he is enough man to go around, or I can see if he has a friend! I think he has a buddy named Hans, just let me know!
emwink.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 4:08:04 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Date: 6/5/2006 3:51:23 PM
Author: Rachie
I have been a lurker here for a few months now and I would have to say that my favorite ring has to be albicocca''s vera wang! I found ps by googling vera wang rings and this is the first one I saw and I love it! It has made me want a cushion cut and I love the thin, thin band! It is sooo delicate and lovely.
18.gif
p.s. to albicocca: I also saw your ring in the store (although with a RB; I like your cushion better), and it is really beautiful!!! (of course it is on PS, but it makes a difference to see things in person)

I might have gone for something like that had I seen it when I was engaged!
Awwwwwww, thanks guys!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m so flattered - especially since most of these other favorites are so huge (ahem, 9 carats?!?!?!
23.gif
) that mine still made such an impression! AND it was enough to bring Rachie out of lurkdom!!! Welcome to PS, Rachie!
35.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 12:13:35 PM
Author: albicocca
Date: 6/5/2006 4:08:04 PM

Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 6/5/2006 3:51:23 PM

Author: Rachie

I have been a lurker here for a few months now and I would have to say that my favorite ring has to be albicocca''s vera wang! I found ps by googling vera wang rings and this is the first one I saw and I love it! It has made me want a cushion cut and I love the thin, thin band! It is sooo delicate and lovely.
18.gif
p.s. to albicocca: I also saw your ring in the store (although with a RB; I like your cushion better), and it is really beautiful!!! (of course it is on PS, but it makes a difference to see things in person)

I might have gone for something like that had I seen it when I was engaged!

Awwwwwww, thanks guys!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I''m so flattered - especially since most of these other favorites are so huge (ahem, 9 carats?!?!?!
23.gif
) that mine still made such an impression! AND it was enough to bring Rachie out of lurkdom!!! Welcome to PS, Rachie!
35.gif

I love it too Albi! It''s so delicate and elegant, just gorgeous!

Scintillating...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 1:29:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think your insights are wonderful, that, and you have great taste in jewels!

I too enjoyed it, had a laugh which I sorely needed! Even if we had to sort of thread jack to do it!

Get some rest, dream of your stunning ring!!!

I am in the East so it is super late, but I tend to have major insomnia anyway, so PS is both a blessing and a curse!

I will make sure Sven sees the photo :)))))

If Lorelei has dibs on Sven Hans is fine with me... as long is he has a HUGE bank account, belives that women should be adorned in as much jewelry as possible, shouldn't work and just travel the world, and he likes cats... we're fine! LOL

It was a bit of the threadjack.. but HEY it's my thread! And it's gotten back on track. I'm on the east coast too DF... so yeah, it was really late. I have insomnia... and lovely little pills to help me with it...
20.gif

Hope you are feeling better today, and if you need a laugh again... feel free to jack any of my threads!

As for taste in jewels... honey you got GREAT taste in jewelry.
3.gif

ETA: LOVE THAT SAPPHIRE RING JUST POSTED! http://www.singlestone.com/ringselection/

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 12:53:57 PM
Author: Scintillating

Scintillating...
Hehehe, thanks!
9.gif

And I''ve said it before, but...if I were to get an RB, it would be your setting alllllll the way!!! Yours is my favorite RB out there!!!
9.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 2:03:16 PM
Author: albicocca
Date: 6/8/2006 12:53:57 PM

Scintillating...

Hehehe, thanks!
9.gif

And I''ve said it before, but...if I were to get an RB, it would be your setting alllllll the way!!! Yours is my favorite RB out there!!!
9.gif

When I saw the first picture of your ring - I gasped.

Danke Albi!
1.gif

I *NEVER* thought I''d end up with an RB, I thought they were so boring and typical.
Sometimes I look at my hand and just can''t believe it. I''m someone who like the uncommon.
The internet search for a modern cushion (brillant)was just too much for me.

Scintillating...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAD to include this ring. Just had to. I''ve been back to gaze at it over on SMTR like ten times today. Pokey''s lady''s Tsavorite
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2111-A1.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is prettier than any emerald I have EVER seen!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Quest is going to make this ring for me, using the sapphire I got at the recent Chantilly Gem Show.
So, I ADMIT IT! I LOVE londonblue''s ring!!

I love that tsavorite, too- Yowza!!

collage6152006.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 7:34:02 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That's not the setting that diamind is in now, though! It did look great in that one, IMO.
Actually, that is the setting that Demelza's diamond is currently in, and I agree - that stone is BEAU-TE-OUS!
30.gif

This thread is too, too fun! And WOW, thanks for the mention, Punch N Pie!

Well...I secretly covet Xraydoc's magnificent 4+ carat cushion and I adore the setting it's in as well. Those rings just make me *swoon*!!!

And OH! Who can forget Madrock's 10c oval !!!!
23.gif
30.gif
23.gif
30.gif

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 1:15:54 AM
Author: Gypsy
HAD to include this ring. Just had to. I''ve been back to gaze at it over on SMTR like ten times today. Pokey''s lady''s Tsavorite
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2111-A1.JPG
Actually, you''re going to have to fight me for it.
27.gif
Hehehehe.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2006 1:51:09 PM

If Lorelei has dibs on Sven Hans is fine with me... as long is he has a HUGE bank account, belives that women should be adorned in as much jewelry as possible, shouldn''t work and just travel the world, and he likes cats... we''re fine! LOL
You can have Hans Gypsy, but let''s not forget cousin Bjorn! He LOVES cats and diamonds! He might be a better choice as they would have to invent a new word to describe HIS kind of money!
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm... invent a new word to describe his kind of money. Likes cats... oh yeah. That''s better than chocolate.
23.gif

Date: 6/15/2006 10:58:54 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/8/2006 1:51:09 PM

If Lorelei has dibs on Sven Hans is fine with me... as long is he has a HUGE bank account, belives that women should be adorned in as much jewelry as possible, shouldn''t work and just travel the world, and he likes cats... we''re fine! LOL
You can have Hans Gypsy, but let''s not forget cousin Bjorn! He LOVES cats and diamonds! He might be a better choice as they would have to invent a new word to describe HIS kind of money!
31.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2006 10:50:05 AM
Author: Kaylyn

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2111-A1.JPG

27.gif
Hehehehe.

And me too!
It''s one of the most beautiful things I''ve ever seen!
Diamonds-Smimonds!

Scintillating...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2006 4:32:13 PM
Date: 6/15/2006 10:50:05 AM

Author: Kaylyn

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

2111-A1.JPG

27.gif
Hehehehe.

And me too!

It''s one of the most beautiful things I''ve ever seen!

Diamonds-Smimonds!

Scintillating...

BACK OFF TRIXIES!! Age before beauty!
27.gif
... also, I have a stun gun & I''m not afraid to use it
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WHO ARE HANS AND THOR AND SVEN AND BJORN???????? I am SO confused!!! Are we all marrying into some Nordic royal family where we'll be given oodles of bling? And strudel?

ETA: I get it now. Lars is DiamondFan's future imaginary extra hubby. Got it.
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2006 5:56:32 PM
Author: blueroses
WHO ARE HANS AND THOR AND SVEN AND BJORN???????? I am SO confused!!! Are we all marrying into some Nordic royal family where we''ll be given oodles of bling? And strudel?
Yeah baby!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results