shape
carat
color
clarity

Your very next jewelry purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so... the economy is in the tank, people are getting laid off left and right, and everyone is feeling the pinch.

But we all love us some bling.

SO... what is your very next jewelry purchase going to be (or what did you buy if you just purchased something)?

Is it for a special occasion?

And how it the economy affecting your purchase (if it is)?

And if you have pics or links... would love to see.

Me: Diamond Pendant.
Special Occasion: Our 10 year dating anniversary (the last one we will celebrate now that we are married).
Economy: Yes, it did affect my choice. I probably would have gotten a pear solitaire bezel pendant, but that would have cost significantly more than what my budget is now. So I'm getting something LOVELY with lots of smaller diamonds in a large pattern instead of a solitaire.

Pictures... fairly soon
11.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m very slowly adding to my 5 stone so I can make it an eternity ring.
The economy is affecting my purchases in the sense that I''m not going over the top dollar wise. I set a maximum for each stone and when I see one that has the specs and price i''m looking for, i pick it up.
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Any jewelry I buy in the next 6 months at the very least will not be "real.". There''s my pinch!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I just purchased my uternity band (2.30ct total) and I'm in love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
as everyone on here knows. That's it for a long time
29.gif

was it for a special occasion? I needed a new wedding band and I just had our 3rd dc..so it was a gift for myself!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't personally felt the effects of the economic downturn (*knocks on wood*), so the fact that there's no jewelry on the horizon for me is only a result of the fact that I'd be 'pinched' anyway
3.gif
we live on a pretty tight budget. I think that's okay, given how young we are
1.gif

That said, the next 'large' (for me) jewelry purchase will be bezeled studs. No idea when they'll happen, but I do know they'll be under .50ctw and platinum. I'd love to make them a 25th birthday item, but that's only 8 months away, so I doubt it!

There might be an antiquey engraved platinum band from eBay before that, but I doubt it!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wedding bands... so yes I would say that it's for a special occasion
2.gif
His will be a Mark Morrell special (can't wait for that!) and mine will be some sort of eternity band relatively small, def under 3ctw. Just haven't decided yet exactly which one. Cushion, Asscher, pave, who knows!
I can't really say that the economy is affecting this purchase. We would be doing it regardless... But maybe it would be a Daniel K if a house wasn't in the future... priorities!
9.gif

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my next project was supposed to be a tennis bracelet for my 30th bday next month. But due to the fact that DH and I both work in financial services (luckily we both still have jobs, but who knows for how long) and the economy in general, that has been put on hold indefinitely. We just can''t part with that much of our savings right now and we don''t do these types of purchases on credit. So for now I am tiding myself over with little gemstone purchases. I am currently working on a setting for a colored stone I just bought.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding bands : )

Because of the economy I am trying to insist to my FI that all I want is a plain platinum band to wear with my e-ring. This is true as I don''t want anything to take away from it, but he wants me to get a right hand band. I really have no idea what I want as nothing has made my heart sing yet, but he actually offered to so shopping to find something perfect! (He hates shopping so this is huge)

I am leaning towards the Cartier trinity or love ring, but we shall see- I told him if we are spending a dime I have to LOVE it. I am sure I will be back asking for ideas soon
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I want either around .8ctw diamond studs in a martini prong setting or an antique diamond watch. Keeping my eye out for bargains!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Depending on how J decides to propose, it'll either be our wedding bands (he wants brushed titanium, I want plain plat) or my engagement ring (MWM Torchiere). Win-win!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Muah hah hah. A pair of .25ctw bezel studs from WF will be mine, very, very, VERY soon!
9.gif
As for how the economy affected my purchase, well, I set aside 1/2 my cash every week (DH and I both have a set amount) instead of just purchasing them outright. Instead of that cute shirt or that random candle or whatever, I''ve been setting aside as much as I can until I have enough. And... I''ve got about $50 to go!!! (If I get WG. I can''t think of any pressing reason to get platinum, as I have no allergies to nickel. If you think of a reason, let me know. And then I''ll have $150 to go instead, LOL).

I. Can. Not. Wait!!!

Gypsy - whatcha end up deciding on? I keep posting random designs in your RT thread when I find fun stuff!

muahhahhah.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gecko, I actually should have CADs very soon. End of this week or beginning of next week
31.gif
! I've noticed all your helpful suggestions, when I post the CADs I'd love to hear your thougths!

BTW: I'd get palladium. I've heard that right now its more cost effective than gold or platinum.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I don''t know that I can decide currently! If the right vintage cut diamond comes around, I would jump on it. But mostly I''m a colored gem girl at the moment. And I''ve not decided what I am saving up for yet in that realm- it will either be tsavorite garnet or spessartite. Decisions, decisions... it''s difficult to choose when you want one of everything, isn''t it?

And the economy isn''t much affecting my spending habits, yet. I''m already a big saver and not much of a spender! I have pretty much a guaranteed job (since I am a resident, which is sort of like slave labor) and my hub''s company is doing great; no signs of a downturn for them. So, very fortunately, we are doing fine for now.

Oh... and in a couple years for our five year wedding anniversary, I''ve already told my husband that he is on the hook for a nice five stone!
9.gif
But I suspect that I will end up buying something else before that rolls around.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Icekid! word for word.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:41:16 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hi Gecko, I actually should have CADs very soon. End of this week or beginning of next week
31.gif
! I've noticed all your helpful suggestions, when I post the CADs I'd love to hear your thougths!

BTW: I'd get palladium. I've heard that right now its more cost effective than gold or platinum.
I'd get the palladium too, if it was an option, LOL! (My ering and wedding band are both palladium, and I love it!!!) Unfortunately WF does not offer palladium for their Ready Set Go settings.
14.gif

ETA: I can't wait to see your CADs!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 3:54:19 PM
Author: geckodani

31.gif

I'd get the palladium too, if it was an option, LOL! (My ering and wedding band are both palladium, and I love it!!!) Unfortunately WF does not offer palladium for their Ready Set Go settings.
14.gif

If they do WG I'd do that then. I'd save the 150 personally. And add it to your budget for your next project!

I'm excited about my CADs. I got the layout already, and it looks awesome!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:04:22 PM

31.gif

14.gif

If they do WG I'd do that then. I'd save the 150 personally. And add it to your budget for your next project!
Which will probably be... well... I'm not telling. There are only 2 left and I don't want someone to snag one before I can save up the cash! Hah!
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

ETA: WG it is. I have this irrational nightmare that I'll suddenly become allergic to nickel though.
19.gif

ETAA: Now I really can't wait to see your CADs!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanls Gecko, its been a lot of fun. I got my initial pendant layout yesterday and approved it, but it doesn''t make sense to post that until the CADS come in because unless you see the design 3D (or know what it''s going to do)... it doesn''t enough.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking about getting a Tiffany Novo next. Not sure how soon that will be.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:25:54 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I''m thinking about getting a Tiffany Novo next. Not sure how soon that will be.

LOl... will that be replacing your moody asscher, or separate from Madam?
3.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding bands, most likely. He''ll want plain platinum, I don''t know what I want yet. Time to start ogling w-bands....
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gypsy! I''m toying with the idea of trading the rectangular emerald cut for a Novo because my Royal Asscher has so much more life and fire than the emerald cut. But it would probably break my heart to give up old Ms. Moody.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, my most recent purchase was my tsavorite and diamond 5-stone RHR. That was specifically because I did get a job offer, even in the current economy. If times were better I''d still have done the same thing, but would probably have gotten a couple of other smaller items, like a nicer watch for my DH (although we did find him a stunning vintage Longines at a great price so he did get something) and/or some pretty colored stones for me.

Since the economy is the way it is, bling purchases are more or less on hold until I start work in August. Then...who knows
2.gif
31.gif
27.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well I have a few projects underway (stacking ring, opal ring, setting my blue tourmaline) but I know exactly what my next gem purchase will be...or rather the next two. I can''t decide which one and I''ll have to wait until next month to see if it''s doable as far as budget goes, but it''s a stone that will be my first pendant project. No more details than that!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:37:15 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Gypsy! I''m toying with the idea of trading the rectangular emerald cut for a Novo because my Royal Asscher has so much more life and fire than the emerald cut. But it would probably break my heart to give up old Ms. Moody.
Aww... you made me sad. Ms. Moody, you got a name for it an everything. They really do have personalities.

Amber... GOD I LOVE THAT BAND!!! It knocked my SOCKS off at the last GTG. WOW. I''m wondering what kind of trouble you are going to get in TX.
31.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
When my husband returns home from his deployment I'll be getting me a 2-2.5 ct 5 stone ring.
3.gif
9.gif
I may not even wait 'til he gets back. I think it will go nicely with my 2.11 ct 3 stone ring.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 4:07:53 PM

Date: 3/11/2009 4:04:22 PM

31.gif
! I''ve noticed all your helpful suggestions, when I post the CADs I''d love to hear your thougths!

BTW: I''d get palladium. I''ve heard that right now its more cost effective than gold or platinum.
I''d get the palladium too, if it was an option, LOL! (My ering and wedding band are both palladium, and I love it!!!) Unfortunately WF does not offer palladium for their Ready Set Go settings.
14.gif

ETA: I can''t wait to see your CADs!!!
If they do WG I''d do that then. I''d save the 150 personally. And add it to your budget for your next project!
Which will probably be... well... I''m not telling. There are only 2 left and I don''t want someone to snag one before I can save up the cash! Hah!
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

ETA: WG it is. I have this irrational nightmare that I''ll suddenly become allergic to nickel though.
19.gif

ETAA: Now I really can''t wait to see your CADs!
Its funny you say this. I am not allergic to white gold normally. I got some scattered diamond hoops from Whiteflash and they absolutely kill my earlobes! I can''t wear them. I get itchy and red and sore. Such a shame.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably wedding bands. I''m trying to cut down on my colored stone purchases a lot. Other than that, my wedding necklaces...just inexpensive (but beautiful!) silver/white topaz pendants. Simple but pretty dang big (4.45 and 7.41 cts respectively.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results