shape
carat
color
clarity

Your very next jewelry purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Saturday, I''m picking up my OEC pendant that I had set with fishtail prongs. No special occasion. I bought the stone in December on eBay; it is small and was a good deal. I just got around to having it set. The economy has not affected this decision. I am frugal by nature, but in a reasonable way.
12.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 9:28:01 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Deb, love the earrings.

I don''t think I will have any jewelry (of significance) for a year and a half which will be my 30th B-day. I ALREADY started wearing DH down. Hope my PS membership doesn''t get revoked but there are two new pieces of furniture I have been lusting after so that is where my spending will go.

Your new picutre of the babe is adorable!

I have about 2 years until my 30th and I''m trying to wear down DH. Plus it will be around the time of our 5th wedding anniversary. Any tips?
27.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, those are fantastic earrings! Between you and Upgradable, I''m starting to have a new repect for yellow gold.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
For a combined Mother''s Day/Birthday gift, I am having this ring made.
The diamonds will be set in platinum, but the sides will be yellow gold.
I can''t wait (but I have to b/c my birthday is in July
39.gif
)
But I am just in love with it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Everyone has some great things coming! Looking forward to pictures.
Deb, your earrings are beautiful!
Gypsy, your CAD looks fabulous!

VCR548.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:11:45 PM
Author:Gypsy
Okay so... the economy is in the tank, people are getting laid off left and right, and everyone is feeling the pinch.

But we all love us some bling.

SO... what is your very next jewelry purchase going to be (or what did you buy if you just purchased something)?

Is it for a special occasion?

And how it the economy affecting your purchase (if it is)?

And if you have pics or links... would love to see.

Me: Diamond Pendant.
Special Occasion: Our 10 year dating anniversary (the last one we will celebrate now that we are married).
Economy: Yes, it did affect my choice. I probably would have gotten a pear solitaire bezel pendant, but that would have cost significantly more than what my budget is now. So I''m getting something LOVELY with lots of smaller diamonds in a large pattern instead of a solitaire.

Pictures... fairly soon
11.gif
Well, let''s see now ....

I might just have a little something cooking with Ocean, but you wouldn''t be interested in that now, would you?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The next thing that I would like is a shared prong eternity band, and I still want to reset my solitaire, but I''m still undecided on what I want exactly (I am pretty sure I want Leon to do it, though).

My husband has been giving me gift certificates for "jewelry credits," and I can redeem them on whatever I want once I''ve saved up enough. He puts cash in a special savings account during holidays for me to use on jewelry.

Usually, he would have just written a check out of savings, but we have been trying to maintain at least a 6-8 months salary "emergency fund," so we''re not so easily touching our savings for frivolous purchases anymore, and we''re totally off credit cards, so this is a fun way to budget for jewelry :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never (really!) owned a nice pair of earrings before. I only have silver cheapies and I''m thrilled to have a pair of bezel milgrain studs in the works!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:59:58 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 3/11/2009 2:11:45 PM
Author:Gypsy
Okay so... the economy is in the tank, people are getting laid off left and right, and everyone is feeling the pinch.

But we all love us some bling.

SO... what is your very next jewelry purchase going to be (or what did you buy if you just purchased something)?

Is it for a special occasion?

And how it the economy affecting your purchase (if it is)?

And if you have pics or links... would love to see.

Me: Diamond Pendant.
Special Occasion: Our 10 year dating anniversary (the last one we will celebrate now that we are married).
Economy: Yes, it did affect my choice. I probably would have gotten a pear solitaire bezel pendant, but that would have cost significantly more than what my budget is now. So I''m getting something LOVELY with lots of smaller diamonds in a large pattern instead of a solitaire.

Pictures... fairly soon
11.gif
Well, let''s see now ....

I might just have a little something cooking with Ocean, but you wouldn''t be interested in that now, would you?
OMG. I''m incredibly interested! Spill! Please. I love Ocean!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:27:46 PM
Author: iluvcarats
39.gif
)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THank you honey, I''m really happy with the CAD! Can''t wait.

I LOVE your ring!!! It''s GORGOUS!! WOW. Hand shots!!! I can''t wait for handshots!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:47:54 AM
Author: Phoenix
Ok, are we talking about bling wish-list or just the very NEXT anticipated purchase?

For my NEXT purchase, I''d love to upgrade my 3.444cttw ACA K coloured studs to 4+cttw in I or J colour, preferably with M or SB fluor.

No particular special occasion, though our 12th Anniversary is coming up in a few months'' time. Will do it when we have a bit more spare cash tho. At the moment, we''re building up our emergency cash reserve. We already have about 1 year''s salary (but DH''s only). Feeling a bit poorer, relatively speaking, as our investment portfolio (including our houses) has gone down by some 30% and also we''re not as cash-rich as we used to be
7.gif
. I''m very nervous that our assets will continue to decline in value.

My WISH-LIST is another thing altogether!
9.gif
That might not happen for a few more years yet, like my 50th which is a looooong way away but mind you, I''d need something like a 6ct Cartier emerald cut diamond to offset the horrible feeling I''ll get when I reach the BIG FIVE O!
4.gif
(no offence to PS''ers who are this age or over, I just don''t even want to think about it. I was already so upset when I reached my 40th
7.gif
).

There''s also our 15th Ann. which will be in three years time. I definitely think a 4-4.5ct RB upgrade is in order, if it doesn''t happen before then!
3.gif
1.gif

That''s all. That''s really all. I promise.
2.gif
I''m always tempted to buy a few smaller items and almost always regret it afterwards. The money that I''ve spent on these items, which I hardly ever wear, could have been used to upgrade (2nd upgrade) my e-ring a long time ago.
Oh Phoenix I so know how you feel! I''m back-peddling as fast as I can, but it doesn''t seem to be making any difference. I don''t think the hope diamond would be enough to compensate me for this onerous milestone - I''m dreading it.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:13:43 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 3/12/2009 5:27:46 PM

39.gif
)

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

THank you honey, I''m really happy with the CAD! Can''t wait.

I LOVE your ring!!! It''s GORGOUS!! WOW. Hand shots!!! I can''t wait for handshots!
Thanks Gypsy!
Did you design the pendant yourself? It is gorgeous!
I can''t wait either. I am sooo impatient!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/12/2009 5:27:46 PM

That''s a beautiful ring, iluvcarats. Can you describe it for us? It doesn''t appear simple.

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/12/2009 4:23:29 PM
Author: Addy

Deb, those are fantastic earrings! Between you and Upgradable, I'm starting to have a new repect for yellow gold.

Thank you, Addy! So I'll be seeing you on \"the gold thread\" regularly ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:21:32 PM
Author: Addy
Date: 3/11/2009 9:28:01 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Deb, love the earrings.

I don''t think I will have any jewelry (of significance) for a year and a half which will be my 30th B-day. I ALREADY started wearing DH down. Hope my PS membership doesn''t get revoked but there are two new pieces of furniture I have been lusting after so that is where my spending will go.

Your new picutre of the babe is adorable!

I have about 2 years until my 30th and I''m trying to wear down DH. Plus it will be around the time of our 5th wedding anniversary. Any tips?
27.gif

Haha...I actually started the hints on my 27th b-day. It helps that I really don''t ask for expensive things often. Plus I think he agreed b/c to him it seemed far away. He might try to say he never agreed (should have taped it!) but as long as we can afford it of course I think he will be into it. As of right now I am thinking I will upgrade my studs and put them in a custom setting. Go into it as a combo gift. 30 b-day and 5 years anni are major. He can''t deny you right? Thanks for the compliment on my DD.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:06:19 PM
Author: vespergirl
The next thing that I would like is a shared prong eternity band, and I still want to reset my solitaire, but I''m still undecided on what I want exactly (I am pretty sure I want Leon to do it, though).
vespergirl - I love your solitaire - I''m interested to know why you want to change it. I have a split shank e-ring and I''m seriously considered resetting for a solitaire - I may miss the bling but my wedding band has plenty of sparkle
9.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I wasnt thinking about getting divorced I was going to buy a new wedding band, my 25th anniversay is in May, I still hadnt decided what I wanted, but it sure was fun looking and dreaming about what I would want to buy...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
The economy in itself hasn''t affected my purchases so much, but the fact that I just bought a house sure does! My most recent purchase (as in last week) was a new setting for a garnet I bought a while back. The LOGR one I had it in was just rediculously thrown together and crooked. In the somewhat near future I''d love to get a rolling ring from rollingring.com. I actually just want the thin one, which is the cheapest so it shouldn''t be too hard. And DF knows very well that I''d like the ready set to go half carat studs from WF. I''m sure I''ll get them at some point but it might be a while. I''d actually love to get the smaller ones too for my second holes, but I''m already getting WAY ahead of myself!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, and I still need to get the stones replaced in what will be my wedding band!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 7:19:55 PM

Thanks Gypsy!

Did you design the pendant yourself? It is gorgeous!

I can''t wait either. I am sooo impatient!

LOL. I understand impatience well. But as it''s said... A deal is only a deal if you get what you want. So it''s worth the wait!

No I didn''t design the pendant. I collected a bunch of images from other pendants, some earrings, some marble floor medallions, relief carving on buildings-- anywhere that had designs I liked and basically just put together a power point for Brian and Lesley that explained what elements of each picture I liked (and didn''t like) and then talked to Brian on the phone a couple of times so he could ''get into my head''... and TADA! Pendant Magic! It was actually just a really easy and totally fun process. That I might
11.gif
find addicting. LOL.

I did try my hand at sketching a few designs based on my own pics, but I didn''t like any of them for this project. But um.. they are sitting in my sketch pad for future projects. LOL.
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO many fun projects on the horizon! WOW.

I''m getting back into yellow gold again too. And I would love and adore some studs somewhere down the line. It''s so much fun to see what everyone has planned.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 10:03:51 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
3/12/2009 5:27:46 PM

That''s a beautiful ring, iluvcarats. Can you describe it for us? It doesn''t appear simple.

AGBF

34.gif

Hi AGBF!
I was thinking of you yesterday, as your theme song came on my xm radio via Carol Channing!

The ring is
Vancraeynest
Larry VanCraeynest is a doll, and his work is just unbelievable.
Nobody does that anymore. He doesn''t cast anything. He still does all the chasing, piercing, and repousse.
The diamond part will be set in platinum, but the sides will be yellow gold.
I am really excited!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love coming on here and seeing what everyone is cooking up!
When I went on the WDW trip in October I lost my demantoid garnet necklace
7.gif
. I either forgot to pack the box on the return trip, it was swiped out of my luggage, or the box was mislaid during unpacking. I haven''t even reported it to insurance because I still think it''s going to show up (well, not so sure at this point). So, basically if I could I''d want to recreate that necklace, but still in bummed out stage not wanting to think about it.

The only other thing I have on back burner is I would still love a pair of precious topaz drop earrings, but no actual plans. Part of my reluctance is that while my husband and I have jobs many people in my family do not, and I''d rather send them a grocery gift card than buy something shiny for myself right now.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:31:13 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 3/11/2009 9:33:56 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 3/11/2009 9:31:03 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 3/11/2009 9:29:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
My two most recent happened at once - my ACA and my bezel set band. The occasion . . . February?
9.gif

But, really, my husband and I got engaged in February, it was alost ouor anniversary, so I snapped the first ACA I found that was affordable.
But Lauren.. what is NEXT? I always want to know what you have in the works
11.gif
Oh, Icekid - sorry to disappoint. Nothing on the horizon for me beyond the gemstone purchase I recently posted about. BOOOOOOOO!
aww, hehe you''ve built up such a lovely collection already though! Should keep you entertained for a while. Did you edit your post? I think I replied before you had mentioned about saving more now.
I did edit after I posted the first time . . . I was on my husband''s netbook and the thing is so small tab is in a much different place . . . I tab''d then entered, and I had a mess of a post up there.
2.gif

And, thank you, Icekid! I''d LOVE to have your sapphire ring
11.gif
. . . that ring makes me swoon everytime I see your av!
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to say Deb delicious earrings!

I think I don''t want to go a whole year without something fun (shiny) to look forward to, think I will find inexpensive alternatives to what I want like peridot bezel necklace and maybe some madiera citrine earrings. A girl''s gotta have a little fun!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have diamonds all over the place that I want to reset.

1. Four .50+ old mine cut diamonds that I''m thinking of putting into 2 ct. drop earrings.
2. One 1.50 emerald cut diamond that I may put with two .75 ec''s as a 3 stone 3 ct. ring (possibly Leon).
3. One .80 RB and 5 .20 RB''s that I may reset into a DBTY necklace.
4. Dozens of misc. diamonds from .50 to .05 that I need to do something with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results