shape
carat
color
clarity

Your very next jewelry purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a rolling ring from rollingring.com for my birthday. It hasn''t arrived yet, but I''ll post pics when it gets here! After that, I think we''re going to cool it on jewelry purchases and save up for an upgrade on my ering. Damn you DSS!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/11/2009 6:23:57 PM
Author: luvmyhalo

I ordered a rolling ring from rollingring.com for my birthday. It hasn''t arrived yet, but I''ll post pics when it gets here! After that, I think we''re going to cool it on jewelry purchases and save up for an upgrade on my ering. Damn you DSS!!!!!
How big is the current ring, luvmyhalo? What are its specs? Is there a thread on it? It looks pretty darned good in your icon!

Deborah
34.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I only wish I knew! I''m trying to tame myself from going astray....
27.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually just bought two new items, if we use the word, "buy" loosely ;-). I bought a pair of 24K Gurhan earrings from Bill Pearlman and a seven strand 18 karat gold bracelet with pearls from my local jeweler in Connecticut, Grunberger's, within the past few weeks. I barely scraped up the money to pay Bill. I did not have the money to pay Jim Grunberger, but he let me walk out of his store with the bracelet anyway! I am going to have to take a breather while I save up some money to pay Jim then save some money for a rainy day! The recession has, of course, affected us: our 401K's and our daughter's 509 college fund have shrunk dramatically and the small amounts of stock we held because they were given to us have lost all or most of their value!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the Gurhan earrings that I bought from Bill Pearlman. I have not yet received them ;-).

Deborah
34.gif

GurhanFlakeEarrings2.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:10:09 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 3/11/2009 4:07:53 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/11/2009 4:04:22 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/11/2009 3:54:19 PM
Author: geckodani

Date: 3/11/2009 3:41:16 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hi Gecko, I actually should have CADs very soon. End of this week or beginning of next week
31.gif
! I''ve noticed all your helpful suggestions, when I post the CADs I''d love to hear your thougths!

BTW: I''d get palladium. I''ve heard that right now its more cost effective than gold or platinum.
I''d get the palladium too, if it was an option, LOL! (My ering and wedding band are both palladium, and I love it!!!) Unfortunately WF does not offer palladium for their Ready Set Go settings.
14.gif

ETA: I can''t wait to see your CADs!!!
If they do WG I''d do that then. I''d save the 150 personally. And add it to your budget for your next project!
Which will probably be... well... I''m not telling. There are only 2 left and I don''t want someone to snag one before I can save up the cash! Hah!
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

ETA: WG it is. I have this irrational nightmare that I''ll suddenly become allergic to nickel though.
19.gif

ETAA: Now I really can''t wait to see your CADs!
Its funny you say this. I am not allergic to white gold normally. I got some scattered diamond hoops from Whiteflash and they absolutely kill my earlobes! I can''t wear them. I get itchy and red and sore. Such a shame.
23.gif
23.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Gah!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 7:05:43 PM
Author: AGBF

These are the Gurhan earrings that I bought from Bill Pearlman. I have not yet received them ;-).

Deborah
34.gif
Oh yay those are beautiful.

I got a pearl set this year for Vday. Maybe I will get something later in the year. I am pretty thrifty though so we will see.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I just bought a .3 OMC from Jewels By Erica Grace, so my next purchase will probably be a setting, if that counts! I''m still not sure how I''m going to set it, though.

And I''m getting married in exactly 4 months (OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! JUST REALIZED THAT!!!!!!!) so we''ll need wedding bands soon, too. EEEEEEEEK can''t believe I''ll be married in 4 months!
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 8:45:28 PM
Author: Skippy123

Deborah

34.gif
Oh yay those are beautiful.

I got a pearl set this year for Vday. Maybe I will get something later in the year. I am pretty thrifty though so we will see.

Deb your earrings are GORGEOUS. I love Gurhan jewelry and I learned about them from your gold thread so very long ago! A ring from Gurhan is on list of eventual purchases for sure.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, love the earrings.

I don''t think I will have any jewelry (of significance) for a year and a half which will be my 30th B-day. I ALREADY started wearing DH down. Hope my PS membership doesn''t get revoked but there are two new pieces of furniture I have been lusting after so that is where my spending will go.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My two most recent happened at once - my ACA and my bezel set band. The occasion . . . February?
9.gif

But, really, my husband and I got engaged in February, it was alost ouor anniversary, so I snapped the first ACA I found that was affordable.

No more shiny things for me for a while. My husband and I are both a bit worried about the economy, so every last dollar is getting socked away.

original.aspx

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:29:15 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
My two most recent happened at once - my ACA and my bezel set band. The occasion . . . February?
9.gif

But, really, my husband and I got engaged in February, it was alost ouor anniversary, so I snapped the first ACA I found that was affordable.
But Lauren.. what is NEXT? I always want to know what you have in the works
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:31:03 PM
Author: icekid

9.gif

11.gif
Oh, Icekid - sorry to disappoint. Nothing on the horizon for me beyond the gemstone purchase I recently posted about. BOOOOOOOO!

I just paid for my Scapolite from Peter, but it's going to be sitting in the jewelry box with my Aqua Asscher for a while.

My poor Mom - I just found out she lost one of her diamond earrings on her way back to Reno from Dallas last week, so I may try to help her match her diamond earring and reset them in a screwback setting. I felt so bad! I had just cleaned them for her, too.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I just got earrings for my birthday. Luckily the economy isn't affecting DH's job (knock on wood) and so that didn't really factor in, but the house we're going to be building played a role (my list of must-haves for the house is super long
2.gif
). It'll probably be a while until the next jewelry purchase but I'm hoping to upgrade my e-ring with an antique cushion some time in the next few years!
18.gif

lbdayear1.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hoping for a pair of ACA studs in handmade martinis from WF. That is what I would like!! I''m currently saving for them and will buy them for my 30th if they don''t come from another source
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deborah
34.gif
DROOL. Wow, those are amazing!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be 50 next month so I want a bypass ring with a .50 center or 5-.10 stones.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:33:56 PM

Date: 3/11/2009 9:31:03 PM
Author: icekid

9.gif

11.gif
Oh, Icekid - sorry to disappoint. Nothing on the horizon for me beyond the gemstone purchase I recently posted about. BOOOOOOOO!
aww, hehe you''ve built up such a lovely collection already though! Should keep you entertained for a while. Did you edit your post? I think I replied before you had mentioned about saving more now.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
FI said ''no more diamonds!'' LOL We''ll see about that
31.gif

Seriously, I still haven''t picked my final setting for my e-ring. Not sure what I want yet...and I''m not rushing. I''ll know when I know
9.gif

So, to answer you question: once I know what I want for my wedding set, I''ll have my diamond reset into something special (prob something Leon). That will be my next big jewelry purchase.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:33:23 PM
Author: Bia
31.gif
Look how cute you are...finally calling him FI
4.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 10:45:50 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 3/11/2009 10:33:23 PM

Author: Bia

31.gif
Look how cute you are...finally calling him FI
4.gif
Only took a couple of months
5.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 2:11:45 PM
Author:Gypsy
Okay so... the economy is in the tank, people are getting laid off left and right, and everyone is feeling the pinch.

But we all love us some bling.

SO... what is your very next jewelry purchase going to be (or what did you buy if you just purchased something)?

Is it for a special occasion?

And how it the economy affecting your purchase (if it is)?

And if you have pics or links... would love to see.

Me: Diamond Pendant.
Special Occasion: Our 10 year dating anniversary (the last one we will celebrate now that we are married).
Economy: Yes, it did affect my choice. I probably would have gotten a pear solitaire bezel pendant, but that would have cost significantly more than what my budget is now. So I''m getting something LOVELY with lots of smaller diamonds in a large pattern instead of a solitaire.

Pictures... fairly soon
11.gif
Here is my wish list...

1. To set my grandmother''s 0.5 ct RB. I would love for it to be in a Legacy-esque LOGR setting or a Caleb or James Meyer bezel.

2. Tiffany Victoria replica. Already have a quote from WF. Just need to convince the FI to pursue this as my PhD graduation/wedding gift. I also need to find an aqua for it.

3. Platinum diamond studs... something around the neighborhood of .5-.75 total ct weight.

4. I would love to own a 1 carat or so old cut stone. Perhaps, yet again, set in a Caleb or James Meyer bezel. If not that then an ornate filigree mounting or in a Fay Cullen type mounting with a french cut sapphire halo.

Out of these 4 projects I think that #1 and #2 are the most likely to happen in the next two years. I would especially love to have either for the wedding (Or both!!). I doubt setting my grandmother''s stone will really take that much cash. I just need the motivation and time to look for the proper setting.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, are we talking about bling wish-list or just the very NEXT anticipated purchase?

For my NEXT purchase, I'd love to upgrade my 3.444cttw ACA K coloured studs to 4+cttw in I or J colour, preferably with M or SB fluor.

No particular special occasion, though our 12th Anniversary is coming up in a few months' time. Will do it when we have a bit more spare cash tho. At the moment, we're building up our emergency cash reserve. We already have about 1 year's salary (but DH's only). Feeling a bit poorer, relatively speaking, as our investment portfolio (including our houses) has gone down by some 30% and also we're not as cash-rich as we used to be
7.gif
. I'm very nervous that our assets will continue to decline in value.

My WISH-LIST is another thing altogether!
9.gif
That might not happen for a few more years yet, like my 50th which is a looooong way away but mind you, I'd need something like a 6ct Cartier emerald cut diamond to offset the horrible feeling I'll get when I reach the BIG FIVE O!
4.gif
(no offence to PS'ers who are this age or over, I just don't even want to think about it. I was already so upset when I reached my 40th
7.gif
).

There's also our 15th Ann. which will be in three years time. I definitely think a 4-4.5ct RB upgrade is in order, if it doesn't happen before then!
3.gif
1.gif

That's all. That's really all. I promise.
2.gif
I'm always tempted to buy a few smaller items and almost always regret it afterwards. The money that I've spent on these items, which I hardly ever wear, could have been used to upgrade (2nd upgrade) my e-ring a long time ago.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh NICE!
30.gif

Date: 3/11/2009 4:25:54 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I'm thinking about getting a Tiffany Novo next. Not sure how soon that will be.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have my eye on some coloured stones and possibly a small diamond bezeled pendant and maybe matching earings soon as I land a new job
31.gif

I wouldn''t say the econmy is affecting my purchases more so the amount of money we spent recently (e-ring, OS trip) and mostly me not working atm but once I get working again I going back to some restrained self-indulgence
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, how exciting! I can''t wait to see your new pendant!

No diamond purchases in the near future for me. Last purchase was my Beverley K band a few months ago to celebrate the birth of my son.

snleebaby2015.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone''s made such great purchases (or have neat project ideas in thee works!)

Economy hasn''t affected us so far. I''ve had money saved for nearly a year now for the right Amelia ring but couldn''t find anything. So now I have my pad and will set the stone, so I guess that is my next project.

The Beaudry ring on ebay was a gift for myself for a job well done (I think, lol) on raising the kid for the first year. OK, maybe not a job well done, but just a pat on the back for surviving!! A 1000 bucks wasn''t too bad of a price to pay for that one, and I''m being more conservative on the pad setting anyway.

I''ve been lurking on PS since 2003 (took me forever to join) so considering that I''m in my 6th year of looking at pretties, I think I''ve gotten away pretty unscathed in terms of jewelry spending!! No new purchases for a long time after this Amelia ring is done!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next purchase: either a necklace I like from etsy or resetting a diamond I already have.
If it''s the necklace, I think I''ll get it for our anniversary.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Should be a setting for some stones I have, will more likely be a tourmaline I''m lusting after... hence all the unset stones. No special occasion, just a bad gem habit!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The economy has affected me as I''m currently unsure that job I''m suppose to get will happen. I was expecting to be working by now, but here I am still killing time typing away on PS.

If I get that job, I''ll reward myself with a small treat like a Roberto Coin necklace. If I don''t get it, I plan to begin collecting Art Carved bands. My wedding band is by them and I thought it would be fun to get some more if I can find some inexpensive ones on eBay.

Other than that, I sort of feel I have everything I want and so I may just hang tight for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results